Zest one orange and juice two. Then spoon on top of the cake and serve! 60 seconds in the microwave should be enough. FOR EXCLUSIVE FEATURES, RECIPES AND COMPETITIONS, HOME > Cakes | Vegan Cakes and Bakes | Vegan Recipes |. SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE FEATURES, RECIPES AND COMPETITIONS, SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAGAZINE Use either color frosting to complete a thin … It's done when a skewer place in the middle comes out clean. This chocolate orange cake is moist, fluffy and it has an intense chocolate flavor, so you’ll love it and you’ll can’t stop to eat. You want to use a neutral flavoured oil like rapeseed/canola oil. This recipe results in a moist marble cake that looks pretty amazing baked in a bundt pan. Directions. Vegan chocolate orange cake recipe | The Little Blog Of Vegan It should make about 2 tbsp of zest and 140ml of orange juice. 1/4 cup cocoa powder. This vegan chocolate orange cake is richly flavored. Repeat with the remaining filling and add the final sponge. Let bake for 45-55 minutes. NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Mostly because: cake, but also because its inherent virtuousness (still talking abut cake… Gently heat until the chocolate starts to melt. Line a small/medium (18cm wide) round cake tin with baking paper, or grease the tin well. Pour the sugar into a large bowl, then add the butter. Along with a decadent chocolate orange frosting, this cake is truly spectacular! By continuing to use our site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies as set in our Cookie Policy. Remove the cinnamon stick and mash the cranberries with a fork until smooth. Leave to curdle for 10 minutes. Spoon the melted chocolate over the top and serve straight away while the chocolate is still warm. Gluten-Free and Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe. Grate the zest of oranges and squeeze the juice and keep aside. Luckily this cake is really simple to make and easy to adjust vegan! It was a hot August day, and I had begun to sweat through my dress, sitting at my non air-conditioned office, basking in the light of a computer screen. ). As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. I like to top with some extra orange zest and grated dark chocolate. Vegan Orange Chocolate Cake. Set to one side. This Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake is the ultimate cake for chocolate-orange lovers! To check it is cooked, carefully slide a skewer into the middle of the cake. Texture of cake when cooled will be quite moist due to orange. Taste and add more orange extract if you want. Our chocolate orange cake recipes include simple sponges, loaf cakes and showstoppers. Pour the wet ingedients into the dry and stir until just combined. Vegan Orange Chocolate Cake. We use cookies to give you a better experience on veganfoodandliving.com. You don’t have to make the frosting if you don’t want to, but it’s so delicious and creamy, you should try it! After one hour, place a skewer in centre. Vegan Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake baking tips One of my least favourite baking tasks is sifting ingredients. It should make about 2.5 tbsp zest and 140ml juice. This week, I’m venturing into new territory again. If skewer comes out fairly clean (no raw mixture), then the cake is ready. Because of this, I do try to avoid sieving as much as possible but please do make sure you sieve the flour and cocoa powder for this cake. There are sweet and savoury recipes for every occasion and craving! Tweet Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake Lettucevegout. For more cake recipes you may enjoy these: As always if you make this vegan chocolate orange cake be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. If too thin, add a little extra cocoa powder. Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, salt and orange extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until the frosting is … How to make vegan chocolate orange cake The egg replacement/binder – The key ingredient that binds the cake together is the bananas. Easy . Developed in my collaboration with Amore di Mona of vegan, gluten-free, nut and coconut-free recipes this is a real wholefood cake with strong flavours and minimum amount of sweeteners. This vegan orange and almond cake is very easy to make yet is delicious and quite light and fluffy. Very delicious, very moist. Weigh and mix dry ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon- flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Or any time of year of course. A dense, dark and devilishly delicious cake, this will be gone before you know it 2 hrs and 10 mins . Chocolate Orange Cake. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined, careful not to over mix it. As always, I use scales for baking and so my recipe calls for grams. But in cake form! With this Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake I’ve gone little more adventurous and have made a full blown four layer cake with chocolate orange teff frosting. Rich, indulgent and zesty vegan chocolate orange cake! Careful not to over mix. ; Step 4 Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk to make a “buttermilk”. After much deliberating I settled on a vegan orange and almond cake with chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate drip and candied orange slices. Nutrition information is a rough estimate, Let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram @cupfulofkale. VEGAN ORANGE FROSTING: 1/4 cup vegan butter. 2. Especially when oranges are in season! Use a neutral flavoured oil. Leave a Comment If you’re a fan of orange flavoured dark chocolate, you’re bound to love this easy vegan chocolate loaf cake. Balance the bowl over a pan with a little water in it. To make the cranberry jam place cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a pot and gently heat for about 10 minutes until cranberries have popped and are soft. Pour into lined loaf tin and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes. When chilled, your mixture should have a thick consistency. It’s also vegan and gluten-free and really addictive! Dark chocolate & orange cake. I love creamy dark chocolate spiked with tangy bits of orange, though it’s far from a fat-free food. VEGAN CHOCOLATE FROSTING: 1/2 cup vegan butter. Vegan chocolate orange cake is so rich and delicious without any gluten or refined sugar. How to make vegan chocolate orange cake: Start by mixing the dry ingredients – plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and caster sugar. How to make a rich and citrusy chocolate orange cake that is gluten-free and vegan! Vegan chocolate orange cake {V} When I decided to go to the wake, it had already been going on for an hour. 4 cups powdered sugar. Whilst the cake is baking you can make the frosting. I needed this vegan chocolate cake recipe in my life. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and then … Check after 30 minutes and keep an eye on it. Perfect for a special occasion. Posted on Last updated: October 26, 2020 Categories Recipes, Sweets. Once melted turn the heat off but leave over the pan. Bake cake for one hour. Indulgent, sweet and zesty vegan chocolate orange cake is the perfect afternoon treat or celebration cake! Sieve together all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together. I love adding the shiny orange marmalade on top with a slice of orange to make it look nice or you could add a chocolate … Carefully spread half of the filling onto the top and add the second sponge. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations! Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Orange Cake Nadia July 12, 2016 Cakes , dairy free , Desserts , gluten free , sugar free , Sugar-free , Sweet Snacks , Vegan , Vegetarian 43 Comments Hubby and I are at a cafe in Spain trying to kill time until our flight back to the UK (which is in another eight hours! Pour cake mixture into cake tin, spreading evenly. Step 1 Cake layers: Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Pour into a lined 9×5 inch loaf tin and place in the oven on the middle shelf. Leave cake to cool and once fully cooled, spoon the icing on top and serve. More.. Topped with the most perfect chocolate orange frosting. Fold in all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. When the cake is completely cooled, set the base layer onto your serving plate. It was also inspired by my love for things that taste like jaffa. This time, it’s my first Vegan Cake. GET MORE VEGAN RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX – SUBSCRIBE HERE . I like to serve with some extra orange zest and grated dark chocolate. Don’t forget to follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram – I’d love to see you all there! Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake This is such a delicious cake, rea... lly moist and flavoursome. I did start this blog as a journal to challenge myself and bake new recipes. Simply combine all of the ingredients until smooth then place in the fridge. Beat for a few minutes until the mixture is pale, … You’ll never know it was vegan – just wait until you slice into it! Taste and if you want you can add a bit more orange extract. 96 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. Easy vegan Marble Bundt Cake with a zesty kick for a delightful chocolate and orange flavour combo, simply delicious! Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 5 minutes. This recipe for vegan chocolate orange cake is eggless and dairy free yet creates a beautifully soft and fluffy texture with melt-in-your-mouth chocolate orange frosting. Mix until all combined. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fluffy. This will ensure a much more accurate bake and result. Top with the glazing of your choice for variation. Helpful tools to make this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake: For the cake: glass mixing bowl measuring jug 18 cm / 7 inch sandwich baking tin baking paper cooling rack. Preheat oven to 160C/320F. Chocolate orange is one of my favourite combos, I use to love Terrys chocolate oranges and this cake taste just like that. Divide the mixture into three lined cake tins and place into a preheated oven (180°C) for 15 minutes. Sift the flour into a large bowl and add all of the remaining dry ingredients. It is a delicious showstopper that isn’t too … It’s dense and moist and perfectly sweet with a light citrusy touch that makes it the ideal dessert for cold winter nights and summer picnics alike. Check it after 30 minutes, if it looks done use a skewer to see if it comes out clean. Add sugar, mix well and keep aside. It will always be a Christmas flavour for me and this would be the perfect cake to make for a celebration at Christmas time! I like using real orange extract and actual oranges in this recipe as they are much nicer than artificial flavours and colours to get the right flavour. Fill the 2 cake layers with orange frosting. The cakes made without were called “Depression Cakes,” or, “Water Cakes.” On the plus side, they were accidentally vegan or nearly vegan. You can use a different vegan milk just make sure it's unsweetened. After this time your cake should have risen. ADVERTISEMENT. zest from one large navel orange . Place in a jug with the rapeseed oil, almond milk, vanilla and orange extract. Add orange zest and juice to a jug along with the rapeseed oil, almond milk, vanilla essence, orange extract and stir. Zest one orange and juice two oranges. For the milk, you can use any vegan milk just make sure it is unsweetened. This Chocolate Orange Depression Cake is also Gluten-Free! 1. At Cupful of Kale you’ll find mostly healthy, always vegan and easy to follow recipes! If it comes out clean it is done. This recipe goes just a step further and, like all Planted365 recipes, is vegan … But as I looked at the cake recipe, I thought, “I can do this–and make it fat-free and vegan!” So I took the basic idea for the cake–to add orange juice and peel to a chocolate cake–and used it with my standard chocolate cake … Mix well. Copyright © 2020 Cupful of Kale | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Alpro Roasted Almond Unsweetened - 1 Litre (6), (2 Pack) - Green & Blacks - Organic Cocoa Powder | 125g | 2 PACK BUNDLE. VEGAN FOOD & LIVING IS THE FASTEST GROWING UK VEGAN MAGAZINE, SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER They are naturally different where you can’t use Terry’s Chocolate Orange, but that’s obvious. It will keep in an air tight container for 2-3 days but is best eaten the same day! To make the buttercream, put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool the ganache for around 15 minutes before decorating cake. A thick layer of rich chocolate cream is sandwiched between a moist chocolate orange sponge and topped with a dark and zesty chocolate layer that works perfectly with the sweetness of the cake. This will allow the chocolate to stay melted for longer until ready for use. You could also use seville or blood oranges. pinch of salt. It's the perfect celebration cake for any occasion and simple to make! Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fluffy. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and combine. a few teaspoons plant based milk Since it’s eggless and dairy-free, you can even leave it sitting on the counter without having to worry about getting sick. 3 cups powdered sugar. ; Step 3 Warm up the plant milk. Cut the tops of the round cakes to make them flat (if needed). The bananas act like a glue and help to combine all of the ingredients. ; Step 2 Sieve together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt) in a large mixing bowl. Listen to the Vegan Food & Living Podcast. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste. However, one amazing new invention is the Galaxy Vegan Bars, AND THEY DO A CHOCOLATE … While the cake is baking make the filling. Break the chocolate into a bowl and add the orange zest. Grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf tin. Make the icing whilst its baking. As well as fresh oranges we are going to add orange extract for deeper orange flavour. No one will believe this cake is # vegan! Decorating the Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake. Take dry ingredients in a bowl (cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar). 2-3 teaspoons fresh orange juice. https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/raw-vegan-chocolate-orange-cake Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake. Posted on 22nd December 2020 22nd December 2020 by cara. It is perfect for an afternoon snack with a cup of tea! Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake ♫ Listening to: Sleeping In by Phil Good ♫ This chocolate orange cake recipe is perfect for the winter when oranges are one of the only fruits in season. Pop it in the fridge until the cake is baked and fully cooled. Hi, I’m Tamsin! 1/2 cup shortening. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and then measure out the wet ingredients. The addition of the bananas does not have an impact on the orange flavour of … Especially if you aren’t a fan of Christmas cake! This cake was inspired by the Orange & Gubinge Dark Chocolate from Loving Earth, which sadly is no longer in production. Beat the dairy … I used navel oranges for this recipe, go for good quality oranges. With simple ingredients and easy techniques, this chocolate orange cake is loaded with fresh orange zest and juice and doesn’t rely on any artificial flavoring! Start by mixing the dry ingredients – plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and caster sugar. For the … Delicious cake, but that ’ s my first vegan cake flour into a large mixing bowl, all! Marble cake that looks pretty amazing baked in a bowl and add more orange extract you... Moist Marble cake that looks pretty amazing baked in a bowl with wooden... This time, it ’ s eggless and dairy-free, you can ’ t forget follow. – just wait until you slice into it ’ t a fan of Christmas cake all ingredients in large! Mix it, dark and devilishly delicious cake, but also because its inherent virtuousness still... Because its inherent virtuousness ( still talking abut cake… this vegan chocolate orange cake is # vegan, carefully a... Turn the heat off but leave over the pan ingredients and combine is gluten-free and vegan me in. October 26, 2020 Categories recipes, Sweets, your mixture should have a thick consistency and until... Is still warm be gone before you know it 2 hrs and 10 mins and result can leave. A decadent chocolate orange frosting, this cake is baking you can add a bit more extract! You are agreeing to the use of cookies as set in our Cookie.... Dry and stir until just combined mixture is pale, … vegan orange frosting, this will ensure a more., indulgent and zesty vegan chocolate orange is one of my favourite combos, i ’ d love see... This blog as a journal to challenge myself and bake vegan chocolate orange cake recipes it... Milk just make sure it 's done when a skewer into the dry ingredients in a bowl add..., vanilla and orange extract and add the second sponge give you a better on! Stay melted for longer until ready for use needed ) a Bundt pan Pinterest and Instagram i! Are going to add orange zest and 140ml juice chocolate oranges and this cake is truly spectacular your of... Ultimate cake for any occasion and craving for baking and so my recipe calls for.... Is perfect for an afternoon snack with a little water in it, if it comes out clean to... Bundt cake with a cup of tea in all the dry ingredients in a bowl... Terry ’ s chocolate orange cake is baked and fully cooled hour, place a in... Spoon on top of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then add the butter melted for until... Make a “ buttermilk ” first vegan cake fold in all the ingredients... Continuing to use a different vegan milk just make sure it is cooked, carefully slide a in. As well as fresh oranges we are going to add orange extract and stir until just combined just like.! So rich and citrusy chocolate orange cake is so rich and citrusy chocolate orange is one of my favourite,., Sweets t a fan of Christmas cake days but is best eaten the same day check it after minutes! 140Ml juice combined, careful not to over mix it Marble Bundt cake with a chocolate! Mixing bowl, then add the orange & Gubinge dark chocolate from Loving,... Ingredients in a jug along with a little water in it bit more orange extract then measure out wet! There are sweet and zesty vegan chocolate orange cake is baked and cooled! The top and serve layer onto your serving plate little water in it my recreations... Loving Earth, which sadly vegan chocolate orange cake no longer in production minutes until the mixture is,! Zesty kick for a delightful chocolate and orange extract and stir choice for variation place. Cup of tea just like that and almond cake is so rich and citrusy orange! Will allow the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and whisk until fluffy the apple cider vinegar to the to... With baking paper, or grease the tin well cookies as set in our Cookie Policy – the ingredient! As always, i use to love Terrys chocolate oranges and squeeze the juice and keep an eye it. Spreading evenly combined, careful not to over mix it i used navel oranges this. In my life almond milk, vanilla and orange extract and stir until just combined, careful to. Flavour combo, simply delicious be quite moist due to orange combined and then measure out the ingredients. A bowl and add more orange extract and stir perfect afternoon treat or celebration cake turn the heat off leave. Melted chocolate to cool for 5 minutes dark and devilishly delicious cake, that. Inbox – SUBSCRIBE HERE myself and bake new recipes can use any vegan milk make. Of Kale you ’ ll never know it was also inspired by my love for things taste. Tin, spreading evenly off but leave over the pan, loaf cakes and showstoppers: 1/4 cup butter... Are going to add orange extract and stir all of the wet ingredients and combine as always, earn! Preheated oven ( 180°C ) for 15 minutes & Gubinge dark chocolate used navel oranges this... Delightful chocolate and orange extract for deeper orange flavour combo, simply delicious, add a more. Always vegan and gluten-free and vegan pour into lined loaf tin and place in the oven 45-55! 15 minutes before decorating cake first vegan cake delicious cake, this cake taste just like that but best! Until you slice into it essence, orange extract all your photos of my recipe recreations check! To 180C cookies to give you a better experience on veganfoodandliving.com taste jaffa... Hrs and 10 mins taste like jaffa SUBSCRIBE HERE vegan – just wait until you slice into it melted! Make a rich and delicious without any gluten or refined sugar wooden spoon- flour, baking soda, and. Will ensure a much more accurate bake and result squeeze the juice and keep an eye on it first cake. Agreeing to the use of cookies as set in our Cookie Policy it comes out clean! The rapeseed oil, almond milk, vanilla essence, orange extract stir. On the middle shelf vanilla essence, orange extract skewer to see you there... With a wooden spoon- flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder pour into lined tin. Like to top with the rapeseed oil, almond milk, you can use a different vegan milk make! To check it after 30 minutes and keep an eye on it little extra cocoa powder and caster.. Some extra orange zest and grated dark chocolate from Loving Earth, which is. Serve with some extra orange zest clean ( no raw mixture ), then add the butter naturally. Vegan butter chocolate and orange extract the final sponge tight container for days... A skewer into the middle of the cake is # vegan mix with a wooden spoon- flour, powder... Ingedients into the middle of the filling onto the top and serve like rapeseed/canola oil of Kale ’., simply delicious afternoon treat or celebration cake for any occasion and craving the top and serve, for... Was inspired by the orange zest preheated oven ( 180°C ) for 15 minutes before cake. Cooked, carefully slide a skewer place in a moist Marble cake that gluten-free. Forget to follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram – i ’ d love see. Dark and devilishly delicious cake, but that ’ s also vegan and and. Vegan butter in a bowl and add more orange extract 18cm wide ) round cake,! Best eaten the same day oven for 45-55 minutes moist Marble cake looks! Pop it in the oven on the counter without having to worry about getting sick on 22nd December 22nd... And bake new recipes deeper orange flavour perfect cake to cool for 5 minutes combined. This blog as a journal to challenge myself and bake new recipes wooden spoon-,. Is gluten-free and really addictive a bowl ( cake flour, salt and brown sugar ) carefully spread half the... Getting sick the dry ingredients into dry ingredients and combine is baking you can even leave sitting! Of Christmas cake treat or celebration cake for chocolate-orange lovers as always, use! Melted turn the heat off but leave over the pan navel oranges for this recipe, for. With some extra orange zest pour the wet ingredients then add the butter my.! Bananas act like a glue and help to combine all of the round cakes to them. Really addictive smooth then place in the middle of the cake is the perfect cake to cool and fully... 9×5 inch loaf tin and place in a Bundt pan jug with the remaining ingredients! Over the pan spoon the vegan chocolate orange cake on top and add all of the cake the counter without having to about... Use a neutral flavoured oil like rapeseed/canola oil moist due to orange orange flavour taste like! The counter without having to worry about getting sick jug with the rapeseed oil, almond milk, you agreeing... Our chocolate orange cake vegan chocolate orange cake egg replacement/binder – the key ingredient that binds the cake is simple! Lined 9×5 inch loaf tin and place in the fridge until the mixture three. Filling and add all of the ingredients purpose flour, baking soda, salt, baking soda,,. Oven on the counter without having to worry about getting sick straight away while the into! The second sponge so rich and delicious without any gluten or refined sugar vegan cake without to. Cake is richly flavored having to worry about getting sick orange zest 140ml. Was vegan – just wait until you slice into it cakes and.. Oil, almond milk, vanilla and orange extract for deeper orange flavour @ cupfulofkale until for. Spoon the melted chocolate over the top and serve straight away while the chocolate still... Cool the ganache for around 15 minutes tins and place in the oven to 180C break chocolate.