Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Apparently, I ended up pulling his head off! Huckleberry Hound: Vol. I love the Yogi Bear cartoons the best. Many of my favorite Huckleberry Hound/Pixie & Dixie/Yogi Bear cartoons were in seasons 2 and 3. As was also stated Warner Bros. is more interested in releasing '70's shows which are fine but for the classic cartoon fan, Ruff and Reddy, Quick Draw McGraw, Wally Gator and the Original Fantastic 4 '67 series along with Vol-2 of Huckleberry Hound would be much much better. Additional Information from Movie Mars Product Description Aimed at cartoon aficionados, this first volume of episodes from Hanna-Barbera's THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW contains the first 26 episodes from the loveable blue canine. Rats. The one star is for the DVDs themselves which are defective. On November 15, 2005 , Warner Home Video (via Hanna-Barbera Cartoons and Warner Bros. Family Entertainment) released The Huckleberry Hound Show – Volume 1 for the Hanna-Barbera Classics Collection, featuring the complete first season of 26 episodes (66 segments) from the series on DVD, all presented remastered and restored. Rats. Someone did a bang-up job of piecing together the old lead-ins and commercials from whatever video source material was available, good or bad. If they could have been omitted, disc 4 could have been one sided rather than double sided. Aimed at cartoon aficionados, this first volume of episodes from Hanna-Barbera's THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW contains the first 26 episodes from the loveable blue canine. Seller: moviemars (2,653,027) 98.4%, Location: North Carolina, Ships to: Worldwide, Item: 381487398467 The Huckleberry Hound Show: Vol. Huckleberry was amiable almost to a fault, but it was his good nature that allowed to him to constantly come out on top. With that in mind, for fans of vintage animation, The Huckleberry Hound Show – Volume One comes recommended! I grew up watching Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear and Jinx the Cat and Pixie and Dixie. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The packaging in this DVD collection is guaranteed to split and crack (much like the Masters Of The Universe deluxe box set.). It's a must-have for students of animation--and for aging Baby-Boomers who ate dinner off TV trays, rather than miss The Huckleberry Hound Show when it aired 40-plus years ago. Huck tries to enter the lion's cage with comically disastrous results. Despite the drawbacks it is a hugely enjoyable set. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. Wonderful shows, beautiful quality. Ian lives in NYC with his wife where he writes for DVD Talk, runs Rock! 2. 1. My parents gave my brother a Huck Hound punching bag for Christmas the year he turned 4 and he carried Huck around with him all day, every day for many months. I second the comments regarding how wonderful it is to relive these memories again. Despite the drawbacks it is a hugely enjoyable set. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Their first cartoon series, Ruff and Reddy was used in a package show that included a live host, puppets, and old theatrical shorts. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. However, as was also noted where is the second volume of this series with Hokey Wolf??? cartoons, this is a must for you! Wonderful shows, beautiful quality. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Also, another criticism is that there are a number of "repeats" in this collection. Of course, we didn't have color tv back then so to see such vibrant colors is really nice. On November 15, 2005, Warner Home Video released The Huckleberry Hound Show–Vol 1. The adventures of a blue dog with a southern accent. The following is an episode list for the American animated television series The Huckleberry … Are you listening Warner Bros?? I always used to feel sorry for him every time he got roughed up in the name of comedy and while I can take this opportunity to give "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound" a full 5 stars, I'll admit it has been a long time since I last saw the stories here. 1 (DVD, 2005, 4-Disc Set) *Brand New* RARE OOP. Shop Huckleberry Hound: Volume 1 [3 Discs] [DVD] at Best Buy. But.....there ARE NO Volumes 2 or 3 on DVD. DVD $41.95 Frequently bought together + + Total price: $245.50. 3. As was also stated Warner Bros. is more interested in releasing '70's shows which are fine but for the classic cartoon fan, Ruff and Reddy, Quick Draw McGraw, Wally Gator and the Original Fantastic 4 '67 series along with Vol-2 of Huckleberry Hound would be much much better. Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2014, This shows only 26 episodes about 1/3 of episodes in this cartoon. Especially with Warner Video who apparently have little interest quality control. Also, another criticism is that there are a number of "repeats" in this collection. [citation needed] Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks in other languages. Rate. Especially with Warner Video who apparently have little interest quality control. The BBC for many years played all HB short cartoons separately. Reviewed in the United States on January 26, 2011. I was looking forward to seeing these again after many years but I guess it's true; you can't go back. A great starter set as I begin my Hanna Barbara collection. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. This four-disc set offers plenty of nostalgic laughs for anyone who grew up in the '50s and '60s, especially the "Reassembled Episodes," which include the familiar theme song and interstitial gags. 1. You will find cartoons of yogi bear and pixie and Dixie (two mice) on these discs as well. However, as was also noted where is the second volume of this series with Hokey Wolf??? The nominal star of the show, of course, was Huckleberry Hound, a folksy canine Southerner. Cartoons are healthy friends for all us humans. Rather irritating! We work hard to protect your security and privacy. As was also stated Warner Bros. is more interested in releasing '70's shows which are fine but for the classic cartoon fan, Ruff and Reddy, Quick Draw McGraw, Wally Gator and the Original Fantastic 4 '67 series along with Vol-2 of Huckleberry Hound would be much much better. Apparently, I ended up pulling his head off! It has some bonus features in it. You can't fault his determination can you? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Please try again. 19 Mar. cartoons, this is a must for you! https://hanna-barbera.fandom.com/wiki/The_Huckleberry_Hound_Show The "Heavens To Jinksy" short is available on the Cartoon Network Cartoon Crack Ups VHS and DVD. Original recording remastered, Color, Animated, Restored, DVD, Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2019. My parents gave my brother a Huck Hound punching bag for Christmas the year he turned 4 and he carried Huck around with him all day, every day for many months. Many of my favorite Huckleberry Hound/Pixie & Dixie/Yogi Bear cartoons were in seasons 2 and 3. Rate. Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2008. The cartoons are classic and among the all time best and the DVD box comes with a neat reproduction animation cel. For example it shows you black and white and never seen footages. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2020, Was not what it says it is still is not what it says it is Amazon said they would take it down hasn't said they would contact me about it hasn't said anything since, Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2016. Someone did a bang-up job of piecing together the old lead-ins and commercials from whatever video source material was available, good or bad. I purchased this set twice from Amazon and both times the brand new discs have the same problem: they won't load in two out of three DVD players and load but then freeze in the third machine. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Volume 1 came out WAY BACK in … Rats. Every episode, Huck had a new occupation and a new nemesis, much in the tradition of Bugs Bunny or Donald Duck cartoon shorts. The cartoons are classic and among the all time best and the DVD box comes with a neat reproduction animation cel. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Not only was my brother tossed into peels of laughter while watching the "roadie cyote" cartoons, he also liked Huckleberry Hound. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2020, Was not what it says it is still is not what it says it is Amazon said they would take it down hasn't said they would contact me about it hasn't said anything since, Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2016. Some of the extras are silly, but in "The Legendary Sound of Daws Butler," Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart Simpson) and other former students pay tribute to the gentle and talented actor who provided the voice of Huck and dozens of other Hanna-Barbera characters. To this day I don't know why & I suppose I never will. You can't fault his determination can you? 1959 Little Red Riding Huck/Mouse-Nappers/Scooter Looter. Rather irritating! Please try again. This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. The Huckleberry Hound Show - Season 1, Volume 1 (3-DVD) - DVD (2017) for $18.70 from OLDIES.com Television - Order by Phone 1-800-336-4627. (Unrated, suitable for ages 6 and older: cartoon violence, occasional ethnic stereotypes) --Charles Solomon. I second the comments regarding how wonderful it is to relive these memories again. Cartoons are healthy friends for all us humans. Seeing the original opening of the show in the special features section was very nostalgic in many ways. Well, I can say that the Yogi Bear cartoons here are the best ever made. Get the IMDb App; Help; Site Index; IMDbPro; IMDb TV; Box Office … As a kid growing up during the 50's and 60's we used to watch Huck every time he was on. So I thought, "If Volume 1 (Season 1) is THIS great, then I want to order Volumes 2 and 3!" Free shipping for many products! THE FIRST ANIMATED SERIES TO WIN AN EMMY®: 10 ORIGINAL CLASSIC HOURS OF HUCKLEBERRY HAPPINESS! Huckleberry Hound: Vol. You will find cartoons of yogi bear and pixie and Dixie (two mice) on these discs as well. This is a series of cartoons that comprised the huckleberry hound show. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. item 7 The Huckleberry Hound Show Volume 1 (26 episodes DVD) with Slipcover - The Huckleberry Hound Show Volume 1 (26 episodes DVD) with Slipcover . As a kid growing up during the 50's and 60's we used to watch Huck every time he was on. A great starter set as I begin my Hanna Barbara collection. Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2017. If they could have been omitted, disc 4 could have been one sided rather than double sided. Arrived promptly. 6.9 (15) 0. Arrived promptly. Rediscover one of the most beloved good ol’ hound dogs ever in this Deluxe DVD Set of 26 original episodes of The HuckleBerry Hound Show. the title suggests otherwise. Score: 8 out of 10 Packaging and Extras As previously mentioned, The Huckleberry Hound Show: Volume One contains 26 episodes, but four of the … 1 (DVD, 2005, 4-Disc Set) *Brand New* RARE OOP - The Huckleberry Hound Show: Vol. Those of you born in the late 50's should recall this famous character as well as their Hanna Barbara toys. Others haven't had this problem so perhaps it's only with the most recent batch of discs. Seeing the original opening of the show in the special features section was very nostalgic in many ways. Great set for Huck fans, but where is Vol-2?? Yogi Bear: Slumber Party Smarty / Pixie & Dixie: Judo Jack / Huckleberry Hound: Lion-Hearted Huck 3. 1 - Disc 1 (DVD, 2006) Hanna-Barbera Golden Col. 4 - The Huckleberry Hound, Vol. I would love to see seasons 2-4 come out soon, Warners Bros just seems very focused on releasing shows from the 1970s and not going back and releasing all the great shows from the 50s, including ruff and reddy and quick draw McGraw. the title suggests otherwise. Please choose a different delivery location. Hello, Hanna Barbera? What pleasant memories these dvd's brought back. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for The Huckleberry Hound, Vol. Viewers also got familiar with Pixie and Dixie (and nemesis Mr. Jinks the cat, who hated meeses to pieces”) and future icons Yogi Bear and sidekick Boo Boo, all of whom starred in their own segments. Its been years since "volume 1" came out is there not actually going to be more volumes? has been added to your Cart, Huckleberry Hound: Vol. Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2014. Watch options. I'm sure much is already digitized as a number of the cartoons are included in other ensemble collections. It is 1958-2009 era of great cartoons. Great set for Huck fans, but where is Vol-2?? This is a series of cartoons that comprised the huckleberry hound show. If your interested in great old t.v. 1 - Disc 1 (DVD, 2006, Disc 1) at the best online prices at eBay! If your interested in great old t.v. But.....there ARE NO Volumes 2 or 3 on DVD. Rate. The cool canine charmed early TV audiences with his unique personality, a slow southern drawl and fast wit that’ll win you over across four delightful discs. I don't want to order and have to return this for a third time. The one star is for the DVDs themselves which are defective. With Daws Butler, Don Messick, Doug Young, Hal Smith. For example it shows you black and white and never seen footages. 1. Huckleberry Hound! No matter what ridiculous situation he stumbled into, his genial, good nature enabled him to come out on top, singing "Clementine" in his off-key Southern drawl. I purchased this set twice from Amazon and both times the brand new discs have the same problem: they won't load in two out of three DVD players and load but then freeze in the third machine. Reviewed in the United States on January 26, 2011. Not only was my brother tossed into peels of laughter while watching the "roadie cyote" cartoons, he also liked Huckleberry Hound. Sold by HOLLYWOOD DEALS and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2008. Huckleberry Hound Show: Vol. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 8, 2016, Plays well on region 2 dvd ps 4 system satisfied, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 10, 2015, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 14, 2014. 1 (DVD) THE FIRST ANIMATED SERIES TO WIN AN EMMY®: 10 ORIGINAL CLASSIC HOURS OF HUCKLEBERRY HAPPINESS! Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2017. I always used to feel sorry for him every time he got roughed up in the name of comedy and while I can take this opportunity to give "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound" a full 5 stars, I'll admit it has been a long time since I last saw the stories here. I don't want to order and have to return this for a third time. However, the episodes in the Volume 1 DVD set were the edited versions, instead of the uncut and unedited, original network broadcast versions due to expensive costi… Brazilian Portuguese: Plic e Ploc e Chuvisco Unable to add item to List. 1 New Dvd. Good on you, Huckleberry! When I was a little kid I was in hospital one time & for comfort I took my cuddly Yogi Bear with me. The BBC for many years played all HB short cartoons separately. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Huckleberry Hound: Vol. Hello, Hanna Barbera? Those of you born in the late 50's should recall this famous character as well as their Hanna Barbara toys. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. To this day I don't know why & I suppose I never will. Surprisingly, Boo-Boo isn't in many, but Yogi interacts beautifully with many other Jellystone residents (and unexpected visitors too!). Now in brilliant blue and every other color – and fully remastered and restored – Huckleberry welcomes the DVD generation to the retro-hip zaniness of the first animated series to win an Emmy® along with Special Features to raise many a howl! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Yogi Bear: Yogi Bear's Big Break / Pixie & Dixie: Cousin Tex / Huckleberry Hound: Huckleberry Hound Meets Wee Willie 2. 4 - 1951-1961 (Collector's Tin), The Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection, Space Patrol Luluco: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]. I was delighted to see Pixie and Dixie included, as it has been a very long time since they were shown on TV in the UK. The show first aired in the late 1950s, and captured the imaginations of kids across the country, who were drawn to Huckleberry's Southern drawl (voiced by Daws Butler) and his desperate attempts to find a job of some kind. Get the IMDb App. Price Match Guarantee. I was hoping for huckleberry hound exclusively, but am not too terribly disappointed. Its been years since "volume 1" came out is there not actually going to be more volumes? Multiple Formats, Animated, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Unqualified, English (Dolby Digital 1.0), French (Dolby Digital 1.0), Spanish (Dolby Digital 1.0), Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2019. Case/artwork shows light to moderate signs of wear. When I was a little kid I was in hospital one time & for comfort I took my cuddly Yogi Bear with me. Good on you, Huckleberry! COVID-19: Because of processes designed to ensure the safety of our employees, you may experience a delay in the shipping of your order. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. But.....there ARE NO Volumes 2 or 3 on DVD. That image of him, as he rarely punched Huck, is just one of many many images that keeps me smiling. Home video trailer for this classic animated series. Huck, who hosted the series, was an amiable, none-too-bright turquoise dog. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. 1 (Repackaged/DVD) THE FIRST ANIMATED SERIES TO WIN AN EMMY®: 10 ORIGINAL CLASSIC HOURS OF HUCKLEBERRY HAPPINESS! After MGM closed its cartoon studio in 1957, Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera, the Oscar-winning directors of the "Tom and Jerry" shorts, started their own company. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 8, 2016, Plays well on region 2 dvd ps 4 system satisfied, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 10, 2015, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 14, 2014. The feature on Daws Butler is a lot of fun. Today's modern classics are adventure time and teen titans, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 10, 2014. Yogi Bear: Pie Pirates / Pixie & Dixie: Kit Kat Kit / Huckleberry Hound: Tricky Trapper 4. It has some bonus features in it. Overview Disc Breakdown Disc #1. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Some cartoons are available on this DVD release. Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2014, This shows only 26 episodes about 1/3 of episodes in this cartoon. Volume 1 came out WAY BACK in … That image of him, as he rarely punched Huck, is just one of many many images that keeps me smiling. S1, Ep25. Persistent Huckleberry Hound has read a book on lion taming and undaunted by the fact the lion has just sharpened his fangs on a large file and then eaten the file! I was hoping for huckleberry hound exclusively, but am not too terribly disappointed. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. 1 by Turner Home Ent by Various Format: DVD. Surprisingly, Boo-Boo isn't in many, but Yogi interacts beautifully with many other Jellystone residents (and unexpected visitors too!). I was delighted to see Pixie and Dixie included, as it has been a very long time since they were shown on TV in the UK. Hanna and Barbera realized that to succeed in television animation, they needed programs that were entirely their own, andThe Huckleberry Hound Show was their first.