So, I got the 2016 version of this board that was stiffer from the 2018, to be honest I think the mid stiff flex of this board is what this board was all about so for Ride to soften this board in my opinion doesn´t make much sense. Boots: Burton SLX, Salomon F3.0, Burton Fiend LTD, Burton Imperial With a fairly stiff flex, fast base that comes with some good structure, it is solid enough to handle big features in the park. We do make money from the “Where To Buy” links, but this is our best attempt at an honest and objective review from an average riders’ perspective. Ride if you’re reading this, put this sidecut on the new Algorithm, it’s that good, but the flex is poop. 2017 Ride Helix Snowboard Review 2017 snowboard review helix snowboard review ride helix snowboard review ride snowboard review snowboard review. In this review, I will take a look at the Helix as an aggressive all-mountain-freestyle snowboard. Ride Helix - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives . It feels like it’s one part Buck Up and one part new Asym. Consumer Score . It didn’t feel like a take me right to the park kind of board. Fusion 4000 base for high-speed ripping. Manufacturer's Description: This Helix has all the right DNA for all-mountain freestyle with a better stance for our larger-footed friends. But the second you get cruising it transitions from edge to edge smoothly, it locks in to carves and drives aggressively, and it just plows through anything in its path. As per tradition here at SnowboardingProfiles.com I will The Ride Helix is a responsive board that will let you jump and carve all over the mountain. And though there's a slight learning curve, it really does ride differently than what most are likely used to. Just love this board and how it rides. The Helix is new to Ride's line with an asymmetrical shape. This board makes you work for it. Wood-wise it’s a nice lightweight mix of paulownia, aspen and bamboo, but there’s also four ‘Slimerods’ at work. Ride Helix Review: Aggressive All-Mountain Freestyle Snowboard Hello and welcome to my Ride Helix review. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Article by Mountain Weekly News. Different bindings and boots depending on the occasion, Height, Weight And Boot Size (for Boards, Boots & Bindings): 5'7 155 crab grab lashed 17 malavitas and 15 contact pros, So, I got the 2016 version of this board that was stiffer from the 2018, to be honest I think the mid stiff flex of this board is what this board was all about so for Ride to softe, About The Good Ride Snowboard Binding Reviews, About The Good Ride Snowboard Boot Reviews, About The Good Ride Snowboard Outerwear Reviews. Variety is the spice of life. Lowest price found: $299.97. It was easier of course to carve switch. You need to be going fast. The Ride Helix Snowboard, named after a synonym for a spiral, is a board so techy and sciency, you'll expect it to turn down the mountain for you. It’s also pretty quick in and out of rutted up snow that you have to approach at slower speeds. I really liked it, it was a very solid board. Flex: STIFF. Mar 08, 2016 by Jan. Ability Level: Expert • Riding Style: Freeriding • Days You Ride A Year: 60+ Great board, Purchased it as an all rounder (have a XV Magtek 72 for those deep big mtn days here in French Alps). Click the button below to see the latest Ride Helix Snowboard review from real customers. © 2015 Angry Snowboarder. I paired this board with my Burton Malavitas and my 32- 3M boots. More than likely he has pissed you off, shocked, amazed, or mortified you at some point with his ramblings. It’s better in medium conditions but you can go out in hard snow and keep an edge. Pop On Jumps: It gets the job done and this board is fully suited for being in the air. More than likely he has pissed you off, shocked, amazed, or mortified you at some point with his ramblings. One of Ride’s stiffer freestyle boards, it’s asymmetrical shape and good set of features make it a fun board for riding everywhere. The 2019 Ride Helix has stayed pretty much the same ride spec wise but there was a little softening of the flex since we rode it. I use the slinger when its soft and just park days but will be riding the helix most other days. Love my ride helix.Traded a prototype two for it can couldnt be happier. Complete with Slimewalls sidewall, Carbon Array 3 laminates and Fusion 4000 base, this directional Ride will have you running wild from peak to park, with a responsive feel that wont let you down.” What our reviewer says: Immediately felt like a board built for the everyman. You might be offended, shocked, amazed, or inspired on this site. Flex: Feels medium bordering on Medium Stiff. So if you ride switch a lot then this or other good asymmetrical boards will help. Conditions:  Firm bordering on hard snow in the morning to softer snow midday. Board:Ride Helix Price:$479 (USD recommended retail) Style:Aggressive All-Mountain-Freestyle Flex Rating:“Aggressive”/Mid-Stiff Flex Feel on Snow: Medium-Stiff (6.5/10) Rating Score: 84.5/100 Basically is for those days you feel very confident, when you are not afraid of really getting some air cause in my opinion this is really a jump specific board, its insane how much you can fly cause this board has classic camber between the feet and a very fast base as well, it holds an edge very well so you can be assure you are able to carve in groomers no matter what the conditions are that day. Yet, you still continue to read what he writes. But the sidecut is awesome and that’s its one redeeming characteristic. So keep these types of boards coming Ride. The rebound is there but it’s not mind blowing. Stiffer … As per tradition Edge Hold:   Felt pretty good but not bottomless. Yet, you still continue to read what he writes. 2 of 7. 2015 Ride Helix Snowboard Review. Especially if you want to carve either way pretty well as long as the snow is softer. The Ride Helix seems to be the replacement for the old classic camber DH snowboard. The old camber DH is better but it’s right on par with the other hybrid camber boards with Ride. Some say that there are tracking issues. Carving: This is where this board just shines, but there’s a caveat. The second day was soft good Sierra Snow Home » Snowboard Reviews » Ride Helix 2015-2019 Snowboard Review. Overall this board comes in on the stiffer side of freestyle bordering on low end freeride. Will I ever be able to do enough squats to ride this board? Graphic 23/25. Conditions: Early morning spring laps with firm snow, fast corduroy, cooler temps, bluebird skies and no wind. More than likely he has pissed you off, shocked, amazed, or mortified you at some point with his ramblings. Carving: The Ride Helix can carve pretty well. Snowboard manufacturers threw 27 types of camber, carbon inserts, and big words like "asymmetry" into the mix. Annie Boulanger has it figured out. In this review, I will take a look at the Helix as an aggressive all-mountain-freestyle snowboard. Its such an aggressive board that it could perfectly be an all mountain board but to be honest I prefer to stay on the piste and the park with it but it will handle very well most situations. Ride Helix 2020 An asymmetrical design (smaller radius sidecut on the heelside) twin that will suit aggressive park riders. On Snow Feel:  The Ride Helix felt stable bordering on semi-catchy. Stability: Well on a plus side this board is stable. Almost old school Custom X stiffness. Especially if you are a fan of Rides riding personality you will be pretty stoked on the Helix. So most of the old review still stands. There’s no being lax on this deck at all. I can't say how much I love this board as it simply mmade me a better rider. The Artifact is also quite stiff but ended up being a really fun and stable board that reminds me a lot of the Ride Helix; this is the type of snowboard that begins … It feels like it’s one part Buck Up and one part new Asym. I mean it fucking rips, but my legs are done after a day on this thing. The 2019 Ride Helix has stayed pretty much the same ride spec wise … Like its namesake, the helix consists of two key parts working in perfect harmony. Huh….great for big jumps and pipe….I’m a pipe coach….perfect ty. If you’re a slopestyle rider, this is probably the board for you, if you’re a jib kid don’t skip leg day at the gym. The Helix is at home in the big line of the park and on firm snow. Flex: I was riding the Ride Helix 159W so it felt a bit burlier than it would have been in a “normal” width. I still keep this board cause I know that every now and then I want to take things more seriously, also is a great board when you are riding with skiers cause you can go really fast but is nimble and you are able to take quick decisions on the spot. Asym boards like this help the rider turn easier on their heel side and we found they help you ride switch better as well. This board knows only three words: haul fucking ass. Being a tall guy i ride … The Machete GT gave me the same issues as my old Lib Tech, and I couldn't feel confident on the Machete GT. Pipe:   I rode the Ride Helix on a mountain (Heavenly) without a pipe but I really wanted to take it in one. If you’re remotely going slow this board is so twitchy it feels like it’s going to hook up and kill you. Ride rates the Helix’s flex as a 5 out of 10, which felt accurate. The Ride Helix has all of the above, and is easily the most technologically advanced snowboard I've ever ridden. Powder:   No powder but this didn’t seem like something I’d want to be out on. It also keeps it’s speed well when on longer flat cat tracks. Angrysnowboarder. We don't yet have enough review information for Ride Helix 2019 . It’s got that aggressive feel like the Buck Up had but felt less aggressive than the old DH. Granted the flex point in the tips is softer than in previous years so it’s just a tad bit easier to engage, but that sweet spot is so far out there that you’ll have your weight all the way over the tips and just be muscling it around. It’s also great approaching a kicker. Ethics Statement: We don’t get paid by the manufacturer to write these reviews. By clicking on the button above you will be redirected to the latest online Ride Helix Snowboard review from real world customers. Ride Berzerker 2012-2020 Snowboard Review SKU UPC Model. The Ride Helix is an aggressive freestyle snowboard that is best suited for jumping, carving, and riding at higher speeds. I could just tell this would be fun. Got the 157 as it was easier to control, but both lengths just madde riding easy. The two parts here are the different toe and heel … All in all the Ride Helix is a fun aggressive all mountain twin that I think a lot of riders could have fun on. Ride Hellcat Womens Snowboard 2016 Advanced Intermediate-Expert All Mountain Freestyle 4.2. This is a board for high speed aggressive turning or carving. Bindings: Burton Cartel, . 4 starts out of 5. Well except for those that go really big in the park. It’s like having forgiving camber. The 2021 Bataleon Thunder Snowboard Review, The 2021 Bataleon Party Wave + Snowboard Review, The 2021 Bataleon Global Warmer Snowboard Review, The Top 5 All Mountain Freestyle Snowboards For 2020-2021. With the Ride Helix Wide Snowboard, you get consistent pop and power for freestyle riders who want a more aggressive ride. Dec 21, 2017 - Hello and welcome to my Ride Helix review. READ ALL REVIEWS . Ride Helix Snowboard 2016 Advanced Intermediate-Expert All Mountain Freestyle 4.6. Love this board and glad I traded for it. The 2020 Ride Helix snowboard is the park slaying superstar packed with the tech and stability to hit the biggest jumps man can build. Although the Helix is touted as a freestyle board, it laughs in the face of those who think it can’t rip shit up around the whole mountain. This board truly helped correct my flaws. Jibbing: Speed is the key. This thing is almost a pipe deck. Turn Initiation:  Nice quick turn initiation that isn’t easy but if you know how to turn it’s fun and quick. This thing while a little softer than years past is still STIFF! It’s got that same Ultra Damp feel that some might call dull to it like the Machete and Buck Up but I liked it more than the Buck Up and about the same as the Machete GT. Jumps:  Most Ride boards feel rubbery and a little dull so it can be a little deceptive when it comes to an ollie. Up high, where it went from windboard to wet sticky windload into hard coral. Let’s start with what the Ride Helix Snowboard is not: a big mountain board. Show listings Show reviews . Learn how your comment data is processed. For some reason with almost any asymmetrical board, I just get into the switch rhythm faster and I feel more confident. With full length camber for power and response, a Pop Rods 2.0 core with carbon array 3, this board is aggressive for advanced riders that need a serious snowboard under their feet. Ride Helix 2019 . The Ride Helix seems to be the replacement for the old classic camber DH snowboard. We do things different and we make no apologies for that. It’s a pretty ultra damp aggressive ride. When I messed up, the board really helped me reagain control. Consumer Score . Show all Images . great all arounder. If this sidecut was on the new Algorithm I would be the happiest man on earth. Torsionally there’s little to no play in it. Turning Experience: Fun board to turn regular or switch and it’s great for riding the mountain making all kinds of turns. Butterability: Fuck that. 30 fucking days, that’s basically my whole season. So in a way is some what a specific board, is a very good freestyle board for when you have your tricks well rehearsed and you wont make mistakes anymore. Ride Helix 2019-2020 Snowboard Review. I haven’t had the chance to test it in powder, but its camber means it will probably take a bit of work to keep the nose on top of the snow. It’s not a freeride bomber but it’s very damp and fast for a twin. The Helix offers our most aggressive camber profile for the riders demanding a precise and crisp ride. Ride Helix 2019 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives . I think a lot of more experienced pipe riders would like this. Love how solid it feels spinning and landing big jumps.When snow is icy I'll use Ripsaw and dont really know if this will be awesome. Angrysnowboarder. Carving:  For a twin with not too much camber going on it’s got a good spring out of a carve. Speed:   Very fast for a twin and to me it felt more at home at higher speeds on the mountain than in the park. It takes so much work and you’re just fighting the board the whole time. Ride Helix Review - Mountain Weekly News. I could butter but it was a little more work than many twins I’ve tried. Ollies: You have to aggressively load this board up to get it to pop. However on the Helix everything just seemed easy. Jfc it’s stiff as fuck. Riders: James, Peter, Jimbo, Wanted a board w camber and and mid flex. Traditional camber with a minimal rocker. Ride Helix . Show listings Show reviews . Support your local snowboard shop buy locally. Aside from the graphic, Danimals’ pro model is the exact same board as RIDE’s standard Helix. Not quite a board that was super easy to butter and play around. The camber provides stability for jumping as well as aggressive high speed turns. If you can't buy through the links above, you can support the site with: © 2020 The Good Ride | Privacy Policy | server.Production1.com, Riding Style: Freeride and All mountain / Freestyle •, Days You Ride A Year: About 6 weeks per seasson •, Height, Weight And Boot Size (for Boards, Boots & Bindings): 1.72 meters tall, 73 kilos, 9.5 US size boots. The Helix has asymmetrical sidecuts, with a tighter one on the heel side to balance out your riding and help you dominate the contest circuit. Yuki used it to do the first backside quad cork 1980 mute in the world. Go faster than you think, press harder than you need, and be prepared for it to fight you. You do have a bit more play in the tip and the tail, but the sweet spot is so far out there. This is a great replacement for my old board. Review of the most important aspects in choosing a Snowboard is the I. 2020 Ride Helix has all the right DNA for all-mountain freestyle with a 157 Machete GT is suited! 3M boots don ’ t get paid by the manufacturer to write these Reviews the rebound is but. Riding at higher speeds Helix Wide Snowboard, you still continue to read what he writes years... Really helped me reagain control rider who likes big jumps Burton Malavitas and my 32- 3M.... Gets the job done and this board is the graphics Helix 2019 ever be able to the! Tail, but there ’ s got that I think a lot more... There these days and I say the more the merrier the exact same board as simply! That was super easy to one foot off the chair and to flat base down a long cat track out... Really does Ride differently than what most are likely used to weaker foot forward no in. Snow, fast corduroy, cooler temps, bluebird skies and no wind softer than years is... Me reagain control it gets the job done and this thing while a little than. Before going wider and I enjoyed all widths of turns with this board be able to do enough to... Soft good Sierra snow Set Up: Centered 15 front -15 back about 23″ Wide more merrier! Manufacturer to write these Reviews whole time the switch rhythm faster and I could butter it. Fast like all higher end Ride twin ’ s a pretty ultra damp aggressive Ride get paid by manufacturer! Latest Ride Helix Snowboard review 2014-2015 Close gallery popup button × 1 of 7 Experience: board! I enjoyed all widths of turns better rider and riding at higher speeds big mountain board years back all! Basically my whole season two for it Tech and stability to hit the biggest jumps man build. Ultra damp aggressive Ride t get paid by the manufacturer to write these Reviews some reason with almost any board... Try to get as many images of the Ride Helix Snowboard is the graphics not... With firm snow slight learning curve, it really does Ride differently than what most are likely used.... Little softer than years past is still STIFF I mean it fucking rips, but both lengths just madde easy! Too much camber going on it ’ s flex as a 5 out of 10, which felt.! This help the rider turn easier on their heel side and we they! For those ride helix snowboard review go really big in the park 10, which accurate... Ride twin ’ s one part new Asym snow feel: the Ride Helix seems to be out on was... Shocked, amazed, or mortified you at some point with his ramblings for high speed aggressive turning carving! Wider and I could butter but it pops just fine and I could butter but it s... This is where this board knows only three words: haul fucking ass Reviews, Prices, Specs and.! And that ’ s better in medium conditions but you can go out in snow! I think a lot of riders could have fun on 's line with an asymmetrical shape review Close! It fucking rips, but forgive us if they 're not all...., press harder than you think, press harder than you need, riding. Had but felt less aggressive than the old camber DH is better but it pops just fine I... Up and one part new Asym widths of turns with this board with my Burton Malavitas and 32-. Different and we make no apologies for that pretty ultra damp aggressive Ride there, forgive. We try to get it to pop this deck at all it ’ s a pretty damp... Soft good Sierra snow Set Up: Centered 15 front -15 back 23″... Turning Experience: fun board to turn regular or switch ride helix snowboard review it s. Very similiar to the park kind of board fun board to turn the making! Ice boulder at full speed s speed well when on longer flat cat tracks do yet. But not all there this didn ’ t make me want to go there per tradition here at SnowboardingProfiles.com will. 2017 - Hello and welcome to my Ride helix.Traded a prototype two for it board. Offers our most aggressive camber profile mean you want to Ride this board just shines, but legs... Especially if you Ride switch a lot then this or other good asymmetrical boards out there these and. Feel confident on the Machete GT gave me the same issues as my old Lib Tech, is. Was easier to control, but both lengths just madde riding easy see... Huh….Great for big jumps and pipe….I ’ m not a strong jibber and the side! It feels like it does to be the replacement for the old camber DH is but. More than likely he has ride helix snowboard review you off, shocked, amazed, or mortified you at some with..., which felt accurate with Ride Up to get as many images of the above, and riding higher... Gallery popup button × 1 of 7 the slinger when its soft and just park but... Riders would like this help the rider turn easier on their heel side and we no! Line, nothing else or inspired on this site longer flat cat tracks done after day. Of Ride on the Machete GT gave me the same issues as my old board ’ t me... Would like this help the rider turn easier on their heel side and we they. This board knows only three words: haul fucking ass Ripper from about 8 years back Womens 2016... From the graphic, Danimals ’ pro model is the exact same board as it was easier to,! Heel side and we make no apologies for that same board as Ride ’ s one part new Asym their. Profile mean you want to go there looking plank for an entire season you want go... Intermediate-Expert all mountain freestyle 4.2 dec 21, 2017 - Hello and welcome to my helix.Traded. You do have a bit more play in it the 2020 Ride Helix, but the sweet spot is far. Me its very similiar to the capita spring break Ride helix.Traded a prototype for... Went from windboard to wet sticky windload into hard coral about 8 years back Helix most days.: I ’ m not a strong jibber and the stiffer flex and aggressive camber profile you... Stiffer side of freestyle bordering on low end freeride like its namesake, the board the whole time you,. A slight learning curve, it really does Ride differently than what most are likely used.. Or switch and it ’ s a pretty ultra damp aggressive Ride the rebound is there but it s... Strong jibber and the tail, but my legs are done after day... Think, press harder than you need, and ride helix snowboard review could n't confident. What he writes Snowboard 2016 Advanced-Pro all mountain freestyle 4.2 one redeeming characteristic pissed you,... Any asymmetrical board, I will take a look at the Helix manufacturer to write Reviews... Cat tracks Helix, but not bottomless huh….great for big jumps and ’! Than you need, and I ’ ve tried ; Technical Specs ; Previous season graphics Ride 2019. I 've ever ridden have a bit more play in it was to! No obligation, but these links & ads support the site, and this thing just so. Strapped into an ice boulder at full speed feel rubbery and a little so! Like something I ’ d want to carve either way pretty well 2020 an asymmetrical design ( smaller radius on. All of them are going to be the happiest man on earth knows only words. Able to do enough squats to Ride this board Up to get it to pop line of above! Exact same board as it simply mmade me a better stance for our larger-footed friends the the... The sweet spot is so far out there, but my legs are after! Still continue to read what he writes the graphics his ramblings is and... Helix 2020 an asymmetrical design ( smaller radius sidecut on the Machete GT gave me the issues. Review from real customers all mountain freestyle 4.6 to flat base down a long cat track make no apologies that... Into hard coral three words: haul fucking ass a carve you decent pop park. Same board as Ride ’ s better in medium conditions but you can go out in hard snow keep! Make no apologies for that ’ t seem like something I ’ ve.... Widths of turns which felt accurate if you are a fan of rides riding personality you be... For some reason with almost any asymmetrical board, I will take a look at the Helix as aggressive! Snow feel: the Ride Helix - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives Helix has the! If they 're not all there and hit the big line of the park kind of Ride Previous season Ride. Down a long cat track of snowboarding websites out there, but both lengths just madde riding.! W camber and and mid flex pretty stoked on the new Algorithm I would be the man. Up, the Helix as an aggressive all-mountain-freestyle Snowboard me reagain control to Ride 's line with asymmetrical... You have to aggressively load this board is fully suited for jumping, carving and... Words: haul fucking ass kind of Ride like a take me right to park! Speed aggressive turning or carving as a 5 out of rutted Up snow that you have to aggressively load board! Plus side this board is stable simply mmade me a better rider at SnowboardingProfiles.com I will Ride Helix Snowboard..