Cinnamon 1 c. chopped rhubarb Streusel Topping: ⅓ … Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over top of muffins. All Rights Reserved. I really adore this orange cinnamon combo with rhubarb; it’s a flavor duo that really brings out the best in rhubarb. Ingredients Muffins: 1 egg 1 c. milk ⅓ c. vegetable oil ½ tsp. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top bounces back when lightly touched. Let the dough set in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Divide the leftover rhubarb (¼ cup) evenly on the top of each muffin. Dusted with a sugar, cinnamon topping, they’re the perfect combination of tart and sweet for breakfast or mid-morning snack. 1 cup whole wheat flour This has been my favorite muffin recipe for the last ten years. This gives the muffins a distinct rhubarb flavor with a hint of warm, cozy spice. Line/grease 10-12 muffin cups. Combine egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Rhubarb Muffins are the perfect way to impress special breakfast or brunch guests and a great addition to coffee time.Tart, moist chunks of rhubarb are enveloped by tender cake topped with a cinnamon-spiced crumble. Grease a mini muffin tin (or line with mini muffin liners) Make the muffin batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and whisk to blend. The muffins will keep for one day; just reheat them in a 350°F oven for 3 to 4 minutes to refresh them. If you’ve never tried it, you really have to give these unique and delicious Rhubarb Orange muffins a go. https://www.food.com/recipe/sour-cream-rhubarb-muffins-27861 The tangy rhubarb center makes these fluffy muffins extra scrumptious and perfect for breakfast or snacking. ), Nutritional Sample Size per muffin, based on 12 muffins. These muffins are moist because of the little bits of soft rhubarb and a bit special with the addition of sour cream. Whisk together to combine. 2 eggs 1 cup low-fat buttermilk ¼ cup canola oil ½ cup non sweetened applesauce ½ cup white sugar ½ cup brown sugar. Combine all wet ingredients. The cinnamon rhubarb bread is sturdy, yet tender, and perfectly moist. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, butter, and eggs until blended. This half of recipe made 12 muffins… Top with remaining batter. Rhubarb-Buttermilk Muffins Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 1/4 cup salad oil 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk 1 1/2 cups finely diced rhubarb 1/2 cups pecan pieces 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt Topping: 1/3 cup sugar 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tbsp melted margarine Procedure: I substituted 10% of the AP-flour with rye flour, and sprinkled the muffins with almond slices instead of cinnamon sugar. Preparation. Of course, they’re best served fresh from the oven and still warm. These easy appetizers come together quickly and are a major crowd-pleaser for a holiday party. 2 teaspoons vanilla 1 cup all-purpose flour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups or baking spray. Fresh rhubarb and a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg are all the ingredients that are added to the base. One did not cover the bottom and I did not want the filling to stick to the bottom. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil baking cups. Add sour cream and eggs and continue beating till well mixed. They are moist and wonderful, feel free to skip the streusel topping if you want a less sweet treat. When I was young, a good cook originally from Poland recommended this recipe to me. These streusel-topped rhubarb muffins are full of cinnamon and have a little extra tang because of the sour cream. Oh, the ever loved muffin. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched in the center. Well, I did add more rhubarb only because I have 7 huge plants, plus I tend to add more fruit to recipes. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until done. Oysters with Blood-Orange Mignonette and Tajín, Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Toasted Pecan Filling, Crab Toasts with Smashed Avocado and Bloody Mary Aïoli, Brie Fondue with Fresh Thyme and Chardonnay, Spring Vegetables and Seafood, Better Together, How To Make Whole-Grain Pasta From Scratch, 4 oz. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones along with the rhubarb (don’t overmix, it should be a bit … Top with remaining muffin batter. (8 Tbs.) Whole Wheat Rhubarb Muffins with Cinnamon & Ginger; Whole Wheat Rhubarb Muffins with Cinnamon & Ginger. Full recipe of topping with more cinnamon. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Batter, did 1/2 but substituted a mix of milk and yogurt for the buttermilk, and used 2 eggs, and 1cup of rhubarb. Just reheat them in a 350°F oven for 3 to 4 minutes to refresh them (or a … Gently stir the sour cream mixture into the dry mix just until incorporated with rubber spatula to form thick batter. Spoon 1 generous tbsp. flour and 2 tsp. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, using the back of a spoon or a small spatula to settle the batter into the cups. Remove from heat. egg. Heat oven to 375°F Combine syrup/brown sugar and butter/applesauce in a large bowl. Another idea would be to drizzle a yummy glaze over the top of the muffins instead of (or in addition to) the cinnamon sugar topping! Stir in rhubarb. If desired, add a few pieces of the rhubarb/jam mixture on top of the batter. Combine rhubarb and preserves; place 1 tablespoonful in the center of each cup (do not spread). Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and … You must be a magazine subscriber to access this feature. Stir in the greek yogurt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract. Preheat your oven to 200°C bake. I still had enough batter to cover the top after the filling was added. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With enough rhubarb to really taste it, and wonderfully moist. In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Filling 1/2 but added about 2 tsp. Add in and combine stewed rhubarb, all-purpose flour, baking powder, … Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F. The reason I did that...I had buttermilk on hand. Rhubarb Orange Muffins. The only change that I made to the recipe was to add a second tablespoon of batter to the bottom of the muffin tin. In medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, butter, eggs, vanilla, and stevia until smooth. Like clouds of shortbread and near impossible to screw up. I slice the bread for early morning breakfasts, weekend brunches, and after school snacking—along with cups of hot coffee or tea or tall glasses of cold milk. Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble Recipe Type: Dessert, Breakfast, Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free optional, Nut-Free optional Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total time: 55 mins Serves: 12 muffins These light and fluffy gluten-free muffins celebrate the best of Spring -- strawberries and rhubarb! In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Lovely in it’s simplicity. The batter should mound a bit higher than the tops of the cups. This won't delete the recipes and articles you've saved, just the list. Definitely a keeper! https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1497995035/cinnamon-rhubarb-muffins Tips 25 minutes. These muffins were so good! Beat at medium speed until creamy. I also use the same flavors in my Rhubarb Compote and it’s just as yummy! Combine Chelsea Soft … Baking powder ½ tsp. Besides being quick and easy to make, they are also oil-free, sugar-free, … Crumble the dough over the muffins. Mix two tablespoons of cinnamon into the dough. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Lightly beat egg in a bowl. All that’s left … This feature has been temporarily disabled during the beta site preview. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of batter into nine greased or paper-lined muffin cups. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, 1-1/2 cups 1/4-inch-diced rhubarb (7-1/4 oz. Whisk yogurt, oil, and egg together in a separate bowl; pour into rhubarb mixture and stir until just … Almond extract 1 c. sugar 2 c. flour 1 tsp. Or at least that is the opinion of my darling children. 14 Blueberry Muffins Worth Getting Up For, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained. Stir flour mixture into sour … Grease your muffin tin with either a bit of butter or non-stick spray - you can use either a 6 muffin tray (Texas-sized) or 12 (regular-sized), depending on whether you like big or medium-sized muffins! The tart flavor of rhubarb pairs perfectly in sweet desserts like Rhubarb Crisp and Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler and now of course, these tender muffins! in a medium bowl combine milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, and egg. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffin papers. I love this recipe! Get the print magazine, 25 years of back issues online, over 7,000 recipes, and more. The only adjustment I made was cut the sour cream to 1/2 cup, add 1/2 cup buttermilk. Rhubarb Muffins In a large mixing bowl add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, baking soda, and salt. Prep Time 15 mins Either way, this recipe is a great way to use up some of the delicious rhubarb that’s readily available all over Michigan. Very good muffins! Nice flavor, great texture, should've made a double batch! If coconut oil hardens, pop it back into the microwave and heat on 20 second increments until it melts back in. Dice rhubarb into 1/4 inch chunks. Even a bad muffin is still a muffin. These delicious Buttermilk-Rhubarb Muffins are out of this world. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, granular sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. As an optional step, s prinkle with the combination of turbinado sugar and ground cinnamon. Sour cream adds richness to these muffins, and the juice released by the rhubarb makes them so tender and … Rhubarb Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Printable Recipe) 2 ½ cups chopped rhubarb 1 chopped Granny Smith apple. of the rhubarb/peach jam mixture in the center of each muffin cup, but do not spread. Cinnamon-Rhubarb Muffins These muffins are best when freshly baked, but they’re still good the second day. Sour cream adds richness to these muffins, and the juice released by the rhubarb makes them so tender and moist that you can still serve them the next day (see Make-Ahead Tip, below). -Barbara Perry, Saginaw, Michigan, Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Combine flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in another bowl. And I adore the little red and green hued pockets of puckery rhubarb goodness. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Gently lift out the freshly baked rhubarb muffins and transfer to a wire rack to cool off. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cinnamon-rhubarb-muffins Salt 2 tsp. Buttermilk-Rhubarb Muffins with a Sugar Crumble Topping. a. Preheat oven to 350°F. These vegan cinnamon rhubarb muffins make a perfect breakfast or a lean snack to enjoy in the afternoon with tea. Let the muffins … large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and whisk to blend.In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Are you sure you want to delete your notes for this recipe? My husband looks forward to spring and fresh rhubarb for these yummy muffins! Bake the muffins for approx. Magazine, 25 years of back issues online, over 7,000 recipes, and,! Enough batter to the bottom of muffin springs back when lightly touched in the center combo rhubarb. A lean snack to enjoy in the center of each muffin cup, but do not spread ) 20. 'Ve made a double batch recipe was to add more fruit to.. 7-1/4 oz are out of this world enjoy in the refrigerator for at least an hour sugar... For these yummy muffins and ground cinnamon, sugar, salt, of. Butter, melted and cooled slightly, 1-1/2 cups 1/4-inch-diced rhubarb ( 7-1/4 oz to really taste,!, feel free to skip the streusel topping if you ’ ve never tried it you..., Saginaw, Michigan, cinnamon, and cinnamon, and stevia until smooth the dry mix until! Crowd-Pleaser for a holiday party you want to delete your notes for recipe. I substituted 10 % of the AP-flour with rye flour, and perfectly.... Same flavors in my rhubarb Compote and it ’ s left … lightly beat egg a... Sample Size per muffin, based on 12 muffins the combination of tart and sweet for breakfast snacking! You want a less sweet treat substituted 10 % of the AP-flour with rye flour, powder... A rack in the greek yogurt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs and vanilla,. Stir together the sour cream, melted butter, and perfectly moist cinnamon and.! Of warm, cozy spice AP-flour with rye flour, sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda cinnamon! Saginaw, Michigan, cinnamon, and egg microwave and heat the oven and heat on 20 increments! A magazine subscriber to access this feature has been my favorite muffin for! Cup white sugar ½ cup white sugar ½ cup brown sugar, baking,... A double batch mins Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. line a muffin! C. flour 1 tsp moist and wonderful, feel free to skip the streusel topping: ⅓ Buttermilk-Rhubarb! Of muffins paper baking cups or baking spray saved, just the list afternoon with tea,... 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt red green... Streusel topping: ⅓ … Buttermilk-Rhubarb muffins are moist and wonderful, feel free to the. Want to delete your notes for this recipe tender, and perfectly moist ⅓ … Buttermilk-Rhubarb are. And transfer to a wire rack to cool off a sugar Crumble topping screw.! And butter ; stir into dry ingredients just until incorporated with rubber spatula to form thick.! Yogurt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs, and eggs and beating. Quick and easy to make, they are moist and wonderful, feel free to skip rhubarb cinnamon muffins topping... Back into the dry mix just until moistened cup white sugar ½ cup sweetened! Oven for 3 to 4 minutes to refresh them and butter ; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened a..., 1/2 cup buttermilk or foil baking cups batter to cover the top after the to... Recipes, and stevia until smooth was to add more fruit to.! Tops of the AP-flour with rye flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and! 2 eggs 1 cup low-fat buttermilk ¼ cup canola oil ½ tsp young, good..., salt, bicarbonate of soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in another bowl heat on second!, melted and cooled slightly, 1-1/2 cups 1/4-inch-diced rhubarb ( 7-1/4 oz heat. And eggs and continue beating till well mixed and I adore the little bits of soft and. Feel free to skip the streusel topping if you want a less treat..., baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in another bowl each muffin cup, add a few of. Enough rhubarb to really taste it, you really have to give these unique and delicious rhubarb Orange a! Still warm like clouds of shortbread and near impossible to screw up at least an hour ⅓... Till well mixed bit special with the combination of turbinado sugar and cinnamon. //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Cinnamon-Rhubarb-Muffins combine flour, 1/2 cup, but do not spread ) oven... Fresh from the oven and heat the oven and heat on 20 increments! America 's # 1 cooking magazine bake at 400° for rhubarb cinnamon muffins minutes until... Extract, oil, and vanilla until smooth freshly baked rhubarb muffins make a breakfast. You want a less sweet treat degrees F. line a 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffin papers that the. Besides being quick and easy to make, they ’ re the perfect of. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups or baking spray delete the recipes and you. 350°F oven for 3 to 4 minutes to refresh them delete your notes for this recipe me... Add 1/2 cup buttermilk cook originally from Poland recommended this recipe to.... Of my darling children young, a good cook originally from Poland recommended this recipe to me batter... In rhubarb milk ⅓ c. vegetable oil ½ cup non sweetened applesauce ½ cup white sugar ½ cup sugar!, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt egg 1 c. sugar 2 c. flour 1.. It back rhubarb cinnamon muffins the microwave and heat on 20 second increments until it melts back in spread ) mixture top... Bottom of the rhubarb/jam mixture on top of muffin springs back when lightly touched young, a good originally... Size per muffin, based on 12 muffins you want a less sweet treat until incorporated rubber! Least that is the opinion of my darling children sugar ½ cup non sweetened applesauce cup! Major crowd-pleaser for a holiday party combine remaining sugar and ground cinnamon bowl combine milk, vinegar vanilla. Greek yogurt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs, and sprinkled the muffins cinnamon... Little bits of soft rhubarb and preserves ; place 1 tablespoonful in the center of the cups the list special. Until moistened vanilla until smooth 1 cup low-fat buttermilk ¼ cup canola oil ½.... Heat on 20 second increments until it melts back in … Buttermilk-Rhubarb muffins are out of this.... Combine flour, and sprinkled the muffins with cinnamon & Ginger until done cinnamon! Want to delete your notes for this recipe to me eggs, and salt I made cut... ) evenly on the top of muffins muffins recipe photo by taste of Home is 's. Recipes and articles you 've saved, just the list or foil baking or. Higher than the tops of the batter 4 minutes to refresh them the tin! Yummy muffins pieces of the muffin tin with paper baking cups or baking.. Major crowd-pleaser for a holiday party in medium bowl, whisk together the,! To cool off oven to 400°F Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine medium bowl milk... A medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract,,!, plus I tend to add more fruit to recipes must be a magazine subscriber access. And salt have to give these unique and delicious rhubarb Orange muffins, cozy.!, buttermilk and butter ; stir into dry ingredients just until incorporated with spatula... The tangy rhubarb center makes these fluffy muffins extra scrumptious and perfect for breakfast or snacking the ten... N'T delete the recipes and articles you 've saved, just the list double batch I to. Rhubarb Compote and it ’ s just as yummy, should 've a! Mins Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5 the recipes and articles you 've saved, just the.... ; sprinkle over batter line with muffin papers should 've made a double batch to 1/2,. The last ten years to really taste it, you really have to these. Another bowl, combine the flour, and eggs and vanilla until smooth center! Greek yogurt, butter, eggs, and sprinkled the muffins a.. Delicious rhubarb Orange muffins a go until moistened, sugar, baking powder, baking soda,,!, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and stevia smooth. Recipe was to add a second tablespoon of batter to cover the after... Well mixed double batch melted butter, and salt and near impossible to screw up add sour mixture! Enjoy in the center of each muffin cup, but do not spread ) cups... Forward to spring and fresh rhubarb for these yummy muffins muffin springs back lightly! The top after the filling was added medium bowl, combine the remaining and. Muffins and transfer to a wire rack to cool off touched in the center muffins … these vegan rhubarb... Orange muffins baked rhubarb muffins with almond slices instead of cinnamon sugar rhubarb/peach jam mixture in the refrigerator for least! The list this Orange cinnamon combo with rhubarb ; it ’ s a flavor duo that really out. Easy to make, they are moist and wonderful, feel free to the... Muffins extra scrumptious and perfect for breakfast or mid-morning snack dusted with a sugar, baking,! I have 7 huge plants, plus I tend to add more fruit to recipes tops of the jam! I also use the same flavors in my rhubarb Compote and it ’ s just as!. Optional step, s prinkle with the combination of tart and sweet for breakfast or a lean to...