I did as some others suggested and bought the pre-sliced beef stir fry strips to make it a little quicker. Step 3. Check the meat for tenderness. Get our free cookbook when you sign up for our newsletter. x 1/4-in. This recipe was DELICIOUS and sooooo easy to make! I find it is best to put the peppers in during the last hour of cooking, so they aren't dissintegrated. Then stir in cornstarch until dissolved. My grocery store had pre-sliced "Beef For Stir-Fry" on sale, so I substituted that for the sirloin and it turned out fantastic (it also saved alot of time and effort not having to slice the meat myself)! Add about 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms along with the bell pepper and onion. Replace the fresh minced garlic with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, beef is cooked to desired doneness, and vegetables are tender. Absolutely delicous!!! Like all the other reviews, the peppers were soft, but I love them that way. Toss and set aside. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. My husband and I really loved this recipe and I'll definitely be making it again! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Definitely put the peppers in at the end. Absolutely delicious! Directions. If the meat is still tough, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes longer over low heat. Ingredients: 2 (family .. tomatoes) 6. Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Tips and Variations. Step 1. beef steak, double cream, salt, butter, beef stock cube, ground black pepper and 2 more Peppered Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Cape Grim Tasmanian mashed potato, thyme, steaks, red wine, button mushrooms, cream and 5 more Easy Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Sprinkle with garlic powder. The only change I made was I did not add salt. Alternatively, add drained canned mushrooms along with the tomatoes. Add beef broth to the beef mixture and bring to a boil. Typically, a pepper steak dish includes stir-fried slices of beef steak, green and red bell peppers, and seasonings. Then I let it cook on low for another 30 minutes and this thickened the sauce up perfectly! Also, I find that I need additional cornstarch at the end (when I add the peppers) to make the sauce thicker. I prefer slow cooker pepper steak without tomatoes. Brown steaks on both sides, and remove from heat. Sprinkle steak with about half of the bread crumb mixture and pound into the steak with a meat mallet. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This is very similiar to a recipe I have been making for years that my kids affectionately call Mommy Slop. Originally, the dish was made with pork and light seasoning, but now it can include additions of sliced onions and bean sprouts. But my advice is: 1) Use fresh garlic instead of powder and 2) Don't put green peppers in until the last hour of cooking. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained. I did not add any salt. Cover pan and cook meat until lightly browned. Replace the green onions with sliced sweet or yellow onion. You saved Slow-Cooker Pepper Steak to your. Step 2 In a slow cooker, alternate layers of steak, green … This slow cooker pepper steak is incredibly easy to make and full of flavor. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. I don't use cornstarch, and use brown sugar instead of white, also I add more onion, soy sauce and worstershire sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour this slurry into the crock pot with the beef. strips. You need to make it. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Then I cook and add the seasonings to taste. Directions: In a large bowl, mix together the flour and season salt then coat the meat in the mixture. Various versions of pepper steak can be found in Korean, Japanese, and French cuisine. Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe Lean sirloin beef, beef bouillon, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, onion, and bell pepper. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt. ITALIAN ROUND STEAK WITH STEWED TOMATOES. Add onions, squash, potatoes and stewed tomatoes. Top pepper steak with stewed tomatoes recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. strips; brown in a skillet in oil for 10 minutes. 1 pound beef round or lean chuck (excess fat trimmed), 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated), or 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger, 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1-inch squares), 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1-inch squares), 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (drained), Fresh chopped parsley or green onion tops for garnish (optional). Pepper steak is a delicious entree from the Fujian region of China. This created a wonderful gravy that was perfect over rice. The sauce was a little bit thinner than I like, so I took another tablespoon of cornstarch and mixed it in a small bowl with a little bit of the sauce, then dumped it back into the crockpot and mixed it up real well. Add onion and peppers to pan. I served it over steamed white rice and then served the leftovers the next day with mashed potatoes -- both were YUMMY! Add broth, celery, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. 7/7/08-This is so wonderful I did triple the sauce this time-3 cans of tomatoes and triple bouillon/water mixture. https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1823725044/moms-pepper-steak Tender delicious bits of steak, combined with your favorite peppers, onions (and even mushrooms if you want) is great to serve on rice or keep it low carb by eating just as is. 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, with liquid; 3 Tbsp soy sauce; 1 tsp sugar; 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, sliced; 1 Tbsp cold water mixed with 1 Tbsp cornstarch; buttered rice or noodles; Instructions. Great recipe. I would definitely recommend adding the peppers when the dish is almost done though because they get really mushy and if you like crisper peppers I would add them last. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23567/slow-cooker-pepper-steak Cover and simmer 1... minutes add salt, pepper, garlic and cumin. Very tender and flavorful, this recipe is one of our family's favorites. Here are a few additional ingredients you can add to the recipe, or substitutions that will also make a wonderful dish: Use canned stewed tomatoes instead of the regular canned tomatoes. Stir flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl. Will definitely make it again. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add the garlic, tomatoes, wine, and beef broth. Good change from your typical crock pot recipe with cream of anything soup. Add the stewed tomatoes and green bell pepper; cook 10 minutes longer. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. Cook and stir until the mixture is thickened. Add the tomatoes and heat through. Brown pork steak in oil. Crock Pot Pepper SteakTasty strips of sirloin are seasoned with garlic powder, then slow-cooked with onion, green pepper, and stewed tomatoes for this easy and comforting dinner.It’s been so long since I’ve made Pepper Steak in the slow cooker! In a skillet, heat the oil, add in the meat, minced garlic, bell peppers (cut into strips) and cook until the … Add stewed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Teriyaki (or soy) sauce and sugar. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour into skillet. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Andy loves it and it takes me less than 10 minutes to get everything in a pot and start simmering it on the stovetop. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Serve... flour tortillas. I followed the recipe exactly and it was done after about 6 hours on low... the meat was super tender and almost falling apart! Don't be fooled by the name. In addition to seasoning the beef with garlic powder, I added red pepper flakes and fresh minced garlic to the crock pot. To serve, spoon the steak, vegetables, and juices over the prepared rice. I make this for dinner quite a bit! Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. x 1-in. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Congrats! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Ingredients include round steak or lean chuck steak, garlic, green onion, peppers, celery, tomatoes, seasonings, and more. FREEZER FRIENDLY: Let the cooked pepper steak and rice cool completely. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown beef over medium-high heat. I never remember exactly how I made it the time before. Once the cooking time is up, add the pepper, thyme, potatoes, carrots, and rutabaga or turnip, if … Amount is based on available nutrient data. Easy Pepper Steak With Tomatoes Ingredients. Very tasty over egg noodles and also rice! Hearty, savory, simple – sear, cook, and enjoy! Steps to Make It In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Serves 4. Step 2. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender but still crisp, for about 10 minutes. My husband loved it!!!! Add brown gravy and stewed tomatoes. Whisk the cornstarch into the water until smooth and add to skillet. 4 In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil until brown sugar is dissolved. Place stew meat in bottom of slow cooker. Cover tightly with foil. I would suggest leaving out the salt since the boullion provides enough on its own. GREEN PEPPER STEAK WITH TOMATOES. This was easy and delicious! Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Tender beef strips cooked with peppers, onions, and tomatoes can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. peeled tomatoes, carrots, salt and ground black pepper, red wine and 7 more Oven-baked Stew Lipton Recipe Secrets whole peeled tomatoes, bay leaf, sliced mushrooms, carrots, all … Transfer to a slow cooker. Set wok ... fry for 1/2 minute. Cut beef into 3-in. Pepper Steak is such a quick and easy recipe. This easy pepper steak recipe is quick to fix, tasty, and doesn't put a strain on the budget. Recipe. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Mommy Slop!" 301 calories; protein 28.2g; carbohydrates 11.7g; fat 15.8g; cholesterol 65.4mg; sodium 1188.6mg. For crisper peppers, add at the end. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of brown sugar or granulated sugar along with the water and cornstarch mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. I will double the sauce next time. Dust round steak with flour. 5 WW Freestyle Points and 6 SmartPoints MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan We have more Weight Watchers Beef Recipes here, Anytime you need a fast meal, and I mean way, way faster than it takes to order take-out, this recipe is a great option. This Chinese-American dish dates from the mid-1900s and can be paired with sides like noodles, cauliflower, quinoa, roasted potatoes, or rice (the latter of which is included below).