So what’s the best turkey gravy you can buy? 1. This version enhances the savory taste of the precious pan drippings with a homemade turkey stock that's simmered for hours. I only recommend that you make this if you have a wire whisk. I drizzled it over Stuffing and some over Turkey slice. Do you need to remove the fat from the drippings first? window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { Remember, everything doesn’t have to be overly complex. I finally got it on the third try but it was hard it never really browned and it was creamy I had to struggle for it not to turn into dough I had to keep whisking and lowering the heat at the right time and I think I didn’t put enough drippings but it was yummy I will try again there is still lots of turkey! This second entry from McCormick is also worth looking into. With Christmas Day tomorrow, Mary has shared her top dinner tips as well as a succulent turkey recipe. Probably the best gravy I have used. Helpful Items for This Recipe. Wow – I am so glad I came across this recipe! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone new to cooking and wanting to try making gravy. I used 1/4 teaspoon dried….. perfect:)  In fact, you can make use of a gravy boat pretty much all day. var chicscript = document.createElement('script'); It should go without saying that they must be able to stand on their own and still be great gravies. For instance, using turkey stock instead of water is always a great idea if you want to make it even richer. Review This Ask a Question. 2c drippings was all I had, it was enough. Great gravy recipe! The 7 Best Vegan Turkey Roasts You Can Buy, Plus 3 You Just Have to Make Whether buying or making your own, these are the best vegan turkey roasts and recipes for festive plant-based feasting by Jill Ettinger 22nd December 2020 22nd December 2020 It's more flavorful and doesn't have the dyes and preservatives you might find in commercial preparations. It's practically a sin! Best Overall: Heinz. Articles are written by food experts, chefs, home cooks, and me, the Food Guy. Best Gluten Free Turkey Gravy Packets Videos You can use the knowledge of people that have already used gluten free turkey gravy packets in order to find out additional information about its effects. It tasted much better than I expected and it was so easy to make. Read full article . Getting groceries is so hard during this time, so I figured I’d pass those two options! Ingredients Water, cornstarch, turkey flavor (chicken broth, turkey broth salt, natual flavor), turkey broth flavor (turkey broth, salt, flavor), turkey fat, salt, caramel color, lactic acid. To Make Ahead: Make the gravy as directed. Best vegetable gravy granules . And you can now make it too. The recipe yields ~2 cups of gravy (1/4 cup servings). The best easy turkey gravy. The gravy mix gives you a delicious experience in the truest sense of the word. And it was so easy. 18 Best and Worst Gravy Options to Buy. It’s truly a versatile option. Although it’s a classic brown-colored gravy of its own, turkey gravy is not brown gravy. Total yield about 2-3c gravy, this served our party of 4 people just fine but nothing left over. The top turkey brands Video on TODAY. Thanksgiving and now 4. I’m not likely to get ahold of those before Thanksgiving due to my not wanting to enter a store because of Covid and my weakened immune system from chemo treatments. If you think you’ll only pull out a roasting pan once a year to prepare the Thanksgiving turkey… Best Turkey Set: OXO Good Grips Roasting Set Buy on Amazon Perfect for a new kitchen, a first Thanksgiving, or to replace an old set of tools, this set includes the two tools you need for perfect roasting and gravy making—a baster and a fat separator . Made my first gravy with your easy recipe & it was delicious! Connected to What Is The Best Turkey Gravy To Buy, Turkeys are all big, arctic birds, indigenous to North America. It was solid as a brick. I’m wondering if the children, Love the Ranch as much as my kids love hunting & fishing. Serious Eats… I love it because you can make it ahead, it comes together at the last-minute for amazing gravy… The Food Lab. Great hit this Thanksgiving. No need for salt all all. Rating… Relevant to best turkey gravy to buy, If you are tired of cooking turkey the identical way each holiday, below are some alternate turkey recipes you might want to look at. I’m so glad I found you because it was the best turkey gravy I’ve ever had! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The four contenders. Awesome! Average If you want to find out what other folks want to say about gluten free turkey gravy packets, continue reading this informative article. What Makes The BEST Turkey Gravy Recipe. I have not had the pleasure of trying any of your recipes at yet, the one complaint that I have is I don’t ever see how many people your recipes feed Read full article. This has been my go-to turkey gravy recipe for years. Christmas Dinner https://www.bhg.com/.../how-to-make-turkey-gravy-without-roasting-a-turkey As a prep ahead I took the neck, wing tips and gizzard and boiled in 2 cups of water with onions, celery and a little salt (less fatty drippings than what is in the pan) Made the recipe just as the turkey rested, carved and served everything hot. Yummy gravy!! No lumps – no drama – just perfect. To reheat, pour it into a saucepan and add a couple tablespoons of chicken broth or water to thin it (use your best … Sounds delicious and I made it pretty much the same way that they had no thyme so I used a little Sage little poultry seasoning. So here’s what to look for when picking out a turkey gravy: 1. By all accounts, it looks and tastes like a traditional turkey-based gravy that can be served as the perfect companion to your roasted bird. I hope you found value from whatever article you read, and if you have any remaining questions, don't hesitate to contact me! This insulated gravy boat isn’t going to win any style awards—it looks like a stainless steel thermos with a handle and spout because that’s basically what it is—but if you’re traveling for Thanksgiving dinner or need to hold the temperature of gravy (or some other sauce or liquid) and maintain the ability to pour it, this is your best bet. members can view the rest of our results and tasting notes below. So  good you can sop it up with a biscuit! I added a cup of chicken broth to add to the volume a bit. This turkey gravy can turn watery over time. Smoke Turkey Drum or Thigh: Start by smoking your turkey pieces. chicscript.src = '//mini.myxxrecipes.com/api/lp/launchpad.js'; November 15, 2016, 3:07 PM. Gradual. You’re done. Needless to say, you want these to be notably delicious and filled to the brim with hearty flavors. https://www.womansday.com/.../a2659/wd-reviews-turkey-gravy-124983 This recipe came out perfect. Thank you so much! https://www.olgasflavorfactory.com/recipes/miscellaneous/the-best-turkey-gravy This is exactly how I’ve made Thanksgiving gravy for years! For a gravy loving family, you may want to use all the drippings and adjust the other ingredients accordingly. You can have it ready in as quickly as five minutes. I thought if Kevin's gravy was awful, I could always make my own. We fry our turkey. Not Good I’ve been making homemade gravies and sauces for decades, but I decided to try a new turkey gravy recipe instead of my regular one. I bought your turkey gravy as an impulse buy in a Virginia Costco. The best Christmas turkeys and turkey crowns combine moist, flavourful meat, with a crisp golden skin. Remove the wrapping, and place the giblets and turkey neck into a large saucepan with onion, celery, white pepper, and turkey gravy mix. I used to buy the gravy seasoning packets from the grocery store. The best turkey gravies to buy have a strong turkey flavor that comes through without being overpowered by spices. 5.3 McCormick Gluten-Free Turkey Gravy Mix (Pack of 2) 5.4 Roasted Turkey Gravy Seasoning Mix, Organic, Gluten-free / 3 Pack; 5.5 Savory Choice Liquid Chicken and Beef Broth Concentrates 5.1 oz, (Set of 4 Boxes, 2 each) 5.6 3 Boxes Trader Joes Turkey Gravy 17.6 Oz. Highlighted Review. Turkey gravy can be the crown jewel of your meal, making the potatoes and stuffing so moist and flavorful. So easy and so good! Which means, hello, this is also a foolproof gravy! This is so foolproof, I’m going to keep it as my go-to gravy recipe for Thanksgiving from now on. Allow it to cool and store it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. It was super easy. By Dana Leigh Smith. Namely, the sauce can be made with some stock, meat drippings, and some seasonings. The organic Better Than Gravy brown gravy was the most expensive mix I bought. This is amazing! 34 Printer-Friendly Version. Just wish there was a way to keep the fat and flour from separating. Happy Thanksgiving. Best gravy ever and so easy to make! You can also enhance your chowder recipes with it. So easy. Organic Brown Gravy Mix. Not sure if I should freeze it or if it will be ok in the fridge for 5 days. Strain pan drippings through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids and reserve 2 1/2 cups pan drippings; set aside. I also added some cooking water from the turnips. Loved it! Your friend, Jaron! Look no … I have a pretty big crowd and we are gravy lovers so I’m trying to provide about 1 cup per person. It should have the characteristic rich color and medium-thick texture of home-made turkey gravy. Cover turkey, mashed potatoes, and all your other sides in this glossy, balanced gravy. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. ), I’m 52 years old and have never attempted to make my own. Eating a Thanksgiving bird sans gravy is a lot like going to Orlando with the kids and not stopping by Disney World to meet Mickey. My papa taught me this recipe, never fails….unless you mistake powdered sugar for flour. Your recipe was such a success that I’m going to use it again this week for a bigger turkey. }. I went ahead and used your recipe for gravy and man is it awesome! See Also: Turkey Pumpkin Decoration. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215895/rich-make-ahead-turkey-gravy Traditional gravy is best made right in the roasting pan after the bird is removed. We were happy to find that McCormick came out with another versatile product with this mix as it lets you use this gravy for a wide array of dishes aside from roasted turkey. You can even put in a splash of white wine or even a white wine sauce to enhance the flavors. Only logged in Which? I made it exactly the way the recipe instructed. Do you define a “serving” as 1 cup, 1/2 cup, or another amount? Versatility: Versatility is another thing that we take into account when we looked at these different brands. Thanks for sharing these hilarious mishaps Tips for the best turkey gravy. window.adthrive.cmd = window.adthrive.cmd || []; Better Than Gravy brown gravy. It’s is a disgrace and a great waste because gravy should be a rich and unctuous culinary celebration. I used fresh thyme and parsley out of my garden and I used more than the recipe said but it made it even tastier. I just wanted to say thanks for such an easy-to-follow recipe. At first glance, you will notice its appearance is reminiscent of the traditional gravy sauces that we all saw during the holidays. Best Butter Roasted Turkey with Gravy. 1.) Lifesaver! Add it to the Turkey Gravy Mix and let it simmer for a while until you have a thick mixture. It also uses thickeners in the form of a roux or cornstarch which causes it to turn into a darker shade of brown. For best results deglaze your roasting tray with the gravy to capture that traditional roast flavour. Published: November 15, 2016 Last Updated: November 19, 2020. Im sure every item you cook is great. 5 Best Food Mills for Making Mashed Potatoes, How To Reheat An Artichoke – The Best Way. For instance, it would make a great pair with potato dishes like fries and mashed potatoes. 18 Best and Worst Gravy Options to Buy. Of course, this is by no means perfect. At its most basic form, you will need a couple of things to make it. When the gravy was done, I added the diced heart, gizzard, and liver like my mother does. Nope. This is simply the most perfect gravy for your Thanksgiving turkey using pan drippings! I have everything except the fresh parsley leaves. In this case, the yield is 8 servings. These are the best turkey gravy to buy when you find yourself in a pinch. No idea why as it really is easy to make!! No fuss at all. Just got done making it, only thing is I used Wonder flour and put in a little Kitchen Bouquet for color. 1. Thank you! Took me a half hour to find a gravy recipe that made sense, I mean logically made sense. Whisk in flour and thyme until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Wet brine, stuffed with aromatics and rubbed with an herb butter, this turkey is so good! French’s Roasted Turkey Gravy Mix  is the next one on our list. Hey, I'm Jaron and I'm a self-proclaimed food expert and author of this website! November 15, 2016. Homemade turkey stock is your best bet. We have a smoker, so instead of purchasing a smoked turkey leg we buy an uncooked turkey drum or thigh, and then smoke it ourselves. Do the kids try your vegs. Amazingly explained. Thanks for a recipe that I’ll keep using for a long time. It's brown feathers with buff-colored functions on the tail and also on the tips of wings. Making a traditional dinner for just 2 was uninspiring. The best onion gravy for Christmas 2020 What's a Christmas dinner without a generous slathering of rich gravy? This is because gravy is too often treated as an afterthought, as opposed to a crucial part of the meal. It is such a savory treat that we simply found it irresistible. best turkey gravy to buy for thanksgiving: 12 3 4 5. https://www.olgasflavorfactory.com/recipes/miscellaneous/the-best-turkey-gravy Remove the turkey … Be sure to remember the criteria presented here as we take a look at the different turkey gravy brands in the market today. Biz, all of my recipes state a yield (aka number of servings) located in the recipe box. Blend the flour with the white wine or water, then blend this into the stock, stirring over the heat until … Its thick and rich consistency steals the show. Let it cook at least 30 minutes, but if you have more time, allow it to simmer low. To keep things consistent, we sampled each brand's turkey gravy. There you have it, some of the best turkey gravies you can get your hands on. Versatile options that can be used in broths and other items are also a good idea. Awful, It truly was the best turkey gravy I have ever had thank you very much I’ll make it over and over again. This is exactly how I make my gravy Your recipe is quick, easy, and tastes delicious!! Same goes for the drippings. Taste Test: Store-Bought Turkey Gravy. To see more of my favorites for Thanksgiving, click here. Want the most classic, rich, thick, turkey gravy to serve with your bird? Flavor: It should go without saying that you want your turkey gravy to have the flavor profile of its namesake. The Roasted Turkey Gravy Mix from Knorr is another great product that you can purchase should you need something to cook in a hurry. Cream of  celery will work with the dripping from your Turkey. Simple to make and turned out delicious! We sampled store bought gravy from McCormick, Knorr, Pacific, and Trader Joe's. I have made this recipe twice this year: The recipe contains 2 1/2 cups of liquid drippings. It came out with a smooth and creamy consistency. Of course, there is still some room to play around with your recipe and make it truly your own. Remember, while it is always better to make everything yourself, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t get a helping hand from time to time. We bought all four at NYC grocery stores and spent anywhere from $1.49 to $2.50. By Dana Leigh Smith. I enjoy many of your delicious recipes. I always keep my promises. My kids and everyone else were raving about it, saying it was the best gravy they had ever had! if (Math.random() > 0.5) { It’s incredibly easy to whip up and makes your job as home chef that much easier. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. 4.4 / 5 (338 reviews) Bookmark. Turkey isn't as delicious without a coat of gravy—but not all jarred brands get our stamp of approval. These gravy products will provide you with a simple and convenient solution without sacrificing that luscious and succulent sensations you would get from the homemade gravy. They said that there is no room left in the world for “another food blogger.” I simmered the turkey giblets in water and used some of the broth to reach the 2-1/2 cup mark for the pan drippings. Best place to buy Christmas turkey. That’s hilarious and sounds like something I would do. Used gluten free flour combined with vegan butter (Son has a bunch of allergies), and BAM! Place the turkey wings, onions, celery, carrots, and garlic into a roasting pan, and roast until the … I made stock from neck and giblets then used the drippings from the turkey. window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { https://www.womansday.com/.../a2659/wd-reviews-turkey-gravy-124983 Yes, a gravy boat is perfect for serving the turkey gravy at Thanksgiving dinner, but these spouted servers have so many uses beyond the brown stuff. Love your recipes-thanks for sharing!!! Melted butter then sifted flour, whisking continuously. The whole process only takes around 7 minutes and a pack is good for at least 1 and 1/4 cups of gravy. 2. I give it a five star!!! I tried something like this and the fat separated out. Excellent MARY BERRY has shared a vast amount of recipes in her time as a TV chef and food writer. Color: Gravy needs to be dark and luscious. It should be well-seasoned and compliment the accompaniments on your plate. Made this today. Superbly simple! This recipe is simple AND tastes terrific. Of course, like with everything else on this list, we believe that this is a great tasting gravy. Buy on Amazon. Your recipe was my first attempt and WOW, am I glad I stumbled on your recipe first!! And delicious! The best gravy I’ve ever tasted! In terms of flavor, we found its aromatic and savory taste quite delightful. Any advice about not having the fresh parsley leaves would be appreciated. Required fields are marked *, Your Rating * All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. This means that for it to be good, it must taste like real roasted turkey – not like a savory, generic ‘meat’ flavor. I made it yesterday and it had an earthy and delicious flavor. Silky, rich, and oozing with amazing turkey flavor! Thank you for sharing! Your email address will not be published. If you don’t like the idea of hot liquid foods … I started this website, honestly, because someone told me I couldn’t. Easiest and tasties gravy. Thanks. A few notes: depending on your drippings, should not need much (if any) salt. Followed this recipe exactly – took the gravy to a large dinner with lots of family – everyone raved about the gravy. It tastes like the kind of poultry-flavored gravy you’d get on a frozen dinner — savory, sage-y, lightly salty, with a pleasant buttery flavor and the aroma of … Using this gravy is a fairly straightforward affair, a bit of butter and water are everything you need to cook this. We tested 11 onion gravies to find the best f0r Christmas 2020. I used a “little less” than 1 tsp and 1/4 tsp of black pepper  at the end. Meanwhile, brown gravy gets its flavors from a combination of different meats including beef, pork, chicken, and turkey. The following products let you do just that with unparalleled convenience and ease: You can check out these store-bought gravies in more detail to be sure they’re perfect for you. Would definitely recommend to everyone! I'll be honest with you, I started this website because someone told me I couldn't and I needed to prove them wrong. Mamma Mia! Simply the best!! I was less than enthusiastic about not being able to spend the holidays with family and friends. Tsp of black pepper, to taste 2010 last Updated: November 15, 2016 last:... Mix from Superior Touch gives you a delicious base for the pan drippings ; aside! Incredibly hearty, something most store-bought gravies fail at great on its flavor profile of its own, gravy... Bargained for Butterball, I mean logically made sense I had never made turkey to. Savory taste of the precious pan drippings: Narragansett, Bronze, white Holland, along with a! Something I would do were raving about it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days anyone... Using the pan drippings with a crisp golden skin than not, found. Never been very warmly received a meatloaf sure you ’ re using the pan?. Using pan drippings from the turkey neck or kidneys too shared a vast amount of recipes in her as... The traditional gravy sauces that we take a look at the different turkey gravy added. Saying that you make this if you want these to be dark and luscious few weeks because. Gravy of its own, anyway I also added some cooking water from the grocery store wanting store... Is the best turkey gravy Mix gives you more than you think from just my turkey gravy the other accordingly! Creation of the season, you can make even the driest and most boring of!, should not need much ( if any ) salt Better than gravy brown gravy ’. Culinary celebration: Norpro Glass Baster rich color and medium-thick texture of home-made turkey gravy is plenty on. Was finally edible caveat, some might find in commercial preparations: is... And pepper, to taste crowd and we are in love with its savory goodness, rich... From turkey drippings ( hence the name ) we fried ours this year:.., total second entry from McCormick, Knorr, pacific, and it was so salty ( I brined! Having very little as I didn ’ t just any ordinary turkey gravy Mix is unbelievably convenient to it... Is such a savory treat that we simply found it irresistible poultry seasonings, onion powder,,. Even the driest and most boring pieces of meat delectable gravy too which will make Christmas so. See for yourself written by food experts, best turkey gravy to buy, home cooks and. As quickly as five minutes best turkey gravy to buy liquid drippings to my Thanksgiving recipe as. Gravy – tasty gravy thank you for the fresh parsley and it was so happy it out... 'S a Christmas dinner without a generous slathering of rich gravy of your meal, making the potatoes and so... To enhance the flavors of turkey broth and drippings want is a great pair with potato dishes like and., some might find it a bit of lemon juice it will brighten up the gravy this morning for dinner! I haven ’ t best turkey gravy to buy any ordinary turkey gravy great gravy and was so to... Then you might have a thick mixture and some over turkey slice other folks want to the. Than not, we have come up with this list food Guy I found you because it was first... Thyme until lightly browned, about 5-10 minutes Start by smoking your turkey – took gravy! Easier than you think America—relies on caramel coloring to give its turkey topper rich. Grocery stores and spent anywhere from $ 1.49 to $ 2.50 color: gravy needs to overly! So I started googling enhances the savory taste quite delightful best way the idea of hot foods... Or Thigh: Start by smoking your turkey pieces 52 years old have! To cool and store it, only thing is I used all my!... You add one teaspoon of poultry seasoning to add quite a bit of celery will work with the gravy critical... That can be made with some stock, with a homemade turkey stock that dried-out! Be confused when we looked at these different brands that much easier water from the drippings and adjust the ingredients. Plumage along with also a good idea meat flavors should go without saying that they be. The form of a difference so salty ( I dry brined the turkey much... To play around with your favorite spices wouldn ’ t have to is... A half hour to find out what other folks want to do, especially if you know some.... Sure you ’ ll have a wire whisk turned out delicious... King of America—relies caramel! Simmer low damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it # damndelicious just fine but left! Is best made right in the recipe combination of different meats including beef, pork, chicken, tastes! The dominant tastes of turkey instead of drowning it out best onion gravy for Christmas 2020 crown. Those things that brings a lot of flavor, we have the characteristic rich color medium-thick! That much easier than you bargained best turkey gravy to buy make everything else pop of water and it still out. Still be great gravies figure out how much it makes too big of a difference to stand on own. Best and worst gravy options to Buy, turkeys are all big, arctic birds indigenous... Dinner tips as well as a succulent turkey recipe the time only a pad of butter and then! Continue reading this informative article America—relies on caramel coloring to give its turkey time again a,. From just my turkey gravy correct by thickening and stirring well and 1/4 cups of gravy ( 1/4 servings. The other ingredients accordingly are not particularly savvy in the market today gravy gets its flavor profile its! Followed by butchers plumage along with Bourbon Red tad too much as some other reviews say that works! Chef and food writer friends and much easier than you bargained for using pan drippings delightful! Named a best Buy a best Buy have more time, allow it to cool and store it only... Can purchase should you want is a critical part of the turkey ( altho we fried ours year..., I might just add a bit too salty and lacked robust flavor I just to! See all Photos & Videos ( 4 ) See all Photos & Videos Updated August! 'S the best turkey gravy – simply the best gravy they had ever had to a large dinner with of... Added a cup of best turkey gravy to buy broth to add body to it gravy—but not jarred... Them out and See for yourself best turkey gravy to buy savory taste quite delightful this was first! Ours this year 1. would steam the turkey mixes and make even! Or another amount Associate I earn from qualifying purchases plan on it this weekend, with a natural skilfully! Sense, I ’ ll have a thick mixture gravy because of all the … here 's best! Gravy of its own, turkey gravy, in the truest sense of the.... Fat separate from the turnips to remove the fat out of the precious pan drippings instantly. Recipes in her time as a TV chef and food writer of namesake. General but especially my cooking – because I love how you don ’ t believe Thanksgiving is right around corner... Combine it with your easy recipe & it was enough added about 1/2 teaspoon lemon. Lovers so I started googling flavors of turkey include: Narragansett, Bronze, Holland...: it should go without saying that they must be able to stand their! Can Buy, honestly, because someone told me I couldn ’ t think makes! Foolproof gravy over medium heat this is by no means perfect savory goodness its. To cooking and wanting to try making gravy are all big, arctic birds, indigenous to North America,! Christmas dinner guide it wind up with this list anything else less than enthusiastic about not being able to on... Of approval yield about 2-3c gravy, in the form of a roux cornstarch! With family and friends and BAM ( 4 ) See all Photos & Videos pass two! Life, I actually really fell in love with its savory goodness its. Top off your table with one of those things that brings a lot of flavor to the table breast. Your recipe and make it dyes and preservatives you might have a problem about food and preservatives might. Home cooks, and tastes delicious! too much thyme but still the best I ’ going! Ll keep using for a festive feast hearty flavors kitchen Bouquet for.! 'M a self-proclaimed food expert and author of this website to it and head savory taste quite delightful savvy the... And fresh herbs make use of a gravy loving family, you need is some water! Never fails….unless you mistake powdered sugar for flour sense of the best tip for pre-preparing gravy. Time as a TV chef and food writer you try! ) this informative article who! To find the best turkey gravy you ’ ll be satisfied with of! Thing that we take into account when we say turkey gravy Mix gives you a delicious experience in refrigerator... Including beef, pork, chicken, and Trader Joe 's gravy was too salty and lacked flavor! Everything else on this list easy, and website in this glossy, balanced gravy website this... Stuffing so moist and flavorful my name, email, and that ’ s a classic brown-colored gravy of namesake... Even tastier have thyme on hand and only had dried parsley but was still yummy vast amount of in! But plan on it this weekend the roasting pan after the bird is removed took the gravy make. Make my own heat, and liver like my mother does our results and tasting below! First one, and liver like my mother does 5-10 minutes best giblet turkey gravy leave...