This is equal in importance to the heat range question. Look at other auto stores and you will see some list the 5224 and some the 3924 If you are getting some ping deffinetly try the 23's 117680. Within the Autolite family, this particular plug is toward the hotter side of the range that runs (cold-to-hot) 3922 – 3923 – 3924 – 3926. When you modify an engine to make more horsepower, it generally generates more cylinder pressure and heat, requiring a colder plug. Autolite. Again, the recommendation is to use a spark plug that will survive in the conditions in which the engine will be used. Hope this helps! If this occurs too soon with the piston travelling upward, catastrophic cylinder pressure is created that will near-instantly destroy a piston or otherwise seriously damage the piston and/or connecting rod. I have a stock Ford dual plane square bore intake and on top of it I’m running a Carter/AFB Competition 600 CFM carb with a snorkel air cleaner. regards, Autolite plugs are superior. All of these additions to an otherwise-stock engine will tend to make more cylinder pressure. 0617 FRAM Group IP LLC West Field Court Lae Forest IL 00 Printed in USA Understanding Heat Range Working closely with engine manufacturers, Autolite engineers have developed plugs in (Image/Autolite). I bought the engine from a friend. Autolite indicates the heat range with the last digit of the part number. 8291 3924/5184 2399, ap3924/ app3924/ xp3924/ xst3924 8302 /5224 ap5184. Sorry last link pasted wrong. Or, perhaps you are considering racing your car in autocross or a track day at a road course. They measure the flyback energy across the spark plug during the spark event and can show misfire on plugs that are not copper. I want to register an account for free right now! If you don’t pay attention, it’s very easy to install the wrong spark plug. RE: autolite 3923 vs 5224 IP: Logged Message: Go for the AP3924 and gap them .005 bigger They do not make a 5223 or I would be running them the 52 seres is the same as the mopar truck plug with the extended tip. Get it as soon as Tue, Aug 11. are autolite 3926 plugs correct to run with a 75 or 100 shot of juice?? Be careful on Chrysler engine controllers. I saw an article were Roush was using Autolite 3923 spark plugs on their strokers (aluminum heads of course). I’m running a Crane 484 lift 284 duration cam This site is intended as a free service for Racers to gain knowledge, enjoy the sport of Drag Racing and make friends. https://sparkpluglist.blogspot.com/2012/05/spark-plugs-cross-reference-list.html But from what I can tell it should make SFA difference for an NA v8?? Probably the only way to tell would be on back to back dyno tests. Guaranteed to deliver quick starts, good fuel economy and smooth acceleration, Autolite Copper Core spark plugs are designed to meet or exceed OES design requirements. Autolite 3924-4PK Copper Resistor Spark Plug, Pack of 4. My 94 R1100RS has over 127,000 miles on … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. .NOTE: Not all spark plug companies use a higher number to denote a hotter plug. This is one of the primary ways of causing pre-ignition where combustion is initiated before the ignition fires the plug. A hotter plaug may be better suited to lots of city riding. NGK Part Finder. Spark Plug; Copper; Resistor; Autolite Copper Spark Plugs are … SELECT STORE. http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/28898-400-hp-302-small-block/. TECHNICAL INFORMATION REAL PERFORMANCE. Required fields are marked *. For many mild small-block aluminum heads, this spark plug would relate to an Autolite 3924 for street use. Find Autolite R3924 Autolite Racing Spark Plugs and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! The proper solution would be to solve the oil consumption issue first. I have run the 3923 and 3924, both with no issues. The term “modified engine” is fairly vague but we’ll assume that it is a normally aspirated engine with additional compression, better-flowing cylinder heads, a more-aggressive ignition curve, headers, and a high-flow intake system. Est. (One level colder...) It's a BMW M62 and plugs are about 30k old from service records and look like the I’d say the plugs go about halfway down and there’s another 8 threads before it even starts to stick out! Anyway, I had to start running Sunoco 110 (leaded) gas because the … SELECT STORE. ADD TO CART. I am running an Autolite 3924 in my 86 GT, Edelbrock RPM heads, mild cam, 9.6:1 flat tops, carbureted. Part # 3924. Autolite 3924 - Alternative spark plugs There are 301 replacement spark plugs for Autolite 3924 . A double Platinum would be an APP 5263. Conversely, if the ceramic contacts the shell very close to the open end of the shell, this would be a much colder spark plug. I had great luck with 3923's in my 1100 (Old N' Busted), and while I still have a few miles before I worry about plug replacement in the 1200 GSA (New Hotness), I'm still on the lookout for a suitable $1.49 plug or four I can find at the local NAPA when I'm in a bind. You’ll find plenty of plug options for your 2008 Aveo here. It has 6 inch rods, aluminum heads (edelbrock), 10.75:1 compression, a custom cam (dont remember the exact number, but it hits really hard). I;m not sure what to gap them at since i'm running a turbo setup.. Great info on LS plugs and boost. It had AcDelco 7 plugs in it and I just bought it really haven’t had it on the road that much, I have an 85 350 with vortec heads,comp cam 268,280 duration 110 degree,478-480 lift,Edelbrock rpm airgap,hughes 2000-2200 stahl, 650 edelbrock.What spark plug would you recomend i start with?In aan 1988 C2500 With 3:42, I have a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L turbo to which I have updated the air intake, downpipe, intercooler, Magnaflow exhaust,carbon Fiber drive shaft and a Cobb Accessport Stage 3 tune. 16 product ratings - 8x Autolite 3924 Copper Core Spark Plugs Resistor Gasket Seat 14mm x 1.25 Thread. From my online research, it seems the 3923's are geared more towards the 318/360. SKU # 117680. check if this fits your vehicle $ 2 89. 4.5 out of 5 stars. Est. I think the lower the number the "hotter" the plug. REAL ALUE. Your email address will not be published. We will also assume that we’re using an aftermarket aluminum cylinder head. But what plug should I use! Learn how your comment data is processed. Other companies like NGK and Denso both use lower numbers to denote a colder plug while Autolite, Champion, and Bosch use higher numbers for hotter plugs. Get it as soon as Sat, Aug 8. (intake / exhaust, cam, etc) One motor is the iron block 5.3 (L59), and the other is the 6.0 iron block (LQ4) Prefer AC Delco plugs, although I I hear NGK makes the AC Delco OEM plugs these days. I’m building a Ford 427 FE Hi-Riser engine with 14 to 1 compression ratio. A colder plug allows more heat to be transferred away from the center electrode. The 3923 can be used as a one range 'colder' plug. I'd try them and see if there is any change. I know spark plugs have heat ranges but does it really matter being one heat range off? Jeff is a smart man but I must say this statement is – well you tell me the words for it. Am I thinking correctly in I should step down to the #24? They are least expensive but not as durable. For example, long-reach spark plugs are defined as those that extend the tip of the center electrode further away from the threaded end of the shell. Scott, SPF#1230 I have a 350 crate engine .. 330 hp 650 holly carb . Hey guys, changen my plugs and i was told to use the 3924's by a few people. I have a 65 chevelle with a stroked 327 into a 360 ci, aluminum strike force heads, dougs headers and aggressive cam that produces no vacuum with a full petronix ignition system, motor has about 200 miles on it and although I don’t race it, i don’t like to get beat at a stop light, what would you recommend? A daily driver/part time drag racer…can I have my cake and eat it, too? 8308 / 8251 / 8302 8308 ap5405 / xp5224 xs3924. I have a stroker 383 that I had built a couple years ago. SELECT STORE. NOTE: Not all spark plug companies use a higher number to denote a hotter plug. Autolite Copper Spark Plug 3924. Notice how the distance between the ceramic and the spark plug shell on the hotter plug requires heat to travel a farther distance, which maintains more heat in the spark plug. Generally, if you frequently run a heavy load and/or run often at WOT, the colder plug gives greater benefits. Home Delivery. How do I tell the correct heat range spark plug for an engine? Autolite has over 100 years of engineering experience and has sold over 11 billion plugs. that I spoke to a month ago on this same question , he said on the AR 3923 , the gap is set at the factory at .044" and the AR 3924 at .040 ". $10.81 $ 10. Autolite. The higher the number, the hotter the plug. 4.4 out of 5 stars 43. > When I searched on your site for the correct Spark > plug; it came up 5224. $6.49 More than 10 available Lowest Price Guarantee $ + $ $ AR-3924 Race Plug See more product details. Good catch! A colder plug will experience difficulty creating enough heat to burn off the carbon deposits on the center electrode. I would not recommend installing a copper style plug. p.s. Autolite 3924-4PK Copper Resistor Spark Plug, Pack of 4. regards, Autolite plugs are superior. Create An Autolite Account. Anyway, I had to start running Sunoco 110 (leaded) gas because the … In these cases, a colder heat range plug is preferable to minimize the chance the spark plug could overheat and potentially cause pre-ignition. Contact Us. Brand New. Autolite 3923 - Autolite Copper Core Spark Plugs. Racing Spark Plug Cross Reference for Autolite, NGK and Champion; Sponsors. I have a chevy 355/360it’s been bored to .60 over it has vortec heads on it! The lower the number, the colder the plug. Autolite. It has 6 inch rods, aluminum heads (edelbrock), 10.75:1 compression, a custom cam (dont remember the exact number, but it hits really hard). Autolite AR-3924 Race Plug. ADD TO CART. Your email address will not be published. Register today for access to special offers and exclusive content. That can create misfires because the carbon deposits create an easy path to ground as conductive material instead of the spark arcing across from the center electrode to ground. REAL ALUE. Product Q&A View Now. The engine will be put in a real 64 Ford Thunderbolt? Heh, thanks for the link...last time I researched autolite their website is wasn't very user friendly. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Looking at a spark plug center ceramic insulator, if the area between the ceramic and the spark plug outer steel shell is deep, that is a hotter heat range plug. Let’s first define what is a hot versus a cold plug. I have a stroker 383 that I had built a couple years ago. Other options New from $10.78. NOTE: Not all spark plug companies use a higher number to denote a hotter plug. What is the best recommended spark plugs for 2006 300c. Anyone using Autolite 3926 in your big blocks ? > Subject: Autolite Copper VS. > People have said that the 3924 or 3923 work great in > my truck. https://www.onallcylinders.com/2018/05/11/ask-away-jeff-smith-determining-correct-spark-plug-heat-range/ 4.4 out of 5 stars 99. However, according to an Autolite reference chart, Autolite 86 has the same heat range as 2244 and Autolite 303 is a hotter plug than 2974. Ask Away! Standard Delivery. More heat in the chamber makes life harder for the spark plug, so in some cases this may call for a one-step-colder heat range plug. Part Number: 417-AR3924. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. This is a first for me and a site like so here goes. I pulled the heads off and found the plug used R45TS. The 3924 is the stock heat range and the 3923 is one step colder. This might be a good time to evaluate the plugs again just after running the engine. I have had switched over to platinum Bosch 4417 platinum +4 which have really worked well. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. Within the Autolite family, this particular plug is toward the hotter side of the range that runs (cold-to-hot) 3922 – 3923 – 3924 – 3926. It's been in operation since 2003 and is owned and operated by Beyond Engineering. Here are some of the reasons why you might consider changing the heat range of the plug. Finally, I’ve read in various blogs that with MSD ignition, a larger gap (by .010”) is recommended. This is a copper core older spark plug that still does the 4.0 engine right and runs on the colder side versus the 438 Champion that runs hotter. : For registered members this ad will NOT show. If they are, Autolite 3923 or 3924 and AC Fr3LS or Bosch 7557 may work if they are the heat range you … Welcome to Club Cobra! Ships on 12/28/20 Notify me when this product is back in stock. Click image to zoom. Stock Autolite plugs should be the #26. I've been using Autolite 3924's in my Vic Jr. headed 393. YES! motor. I know spark plugs have heat ranges but does it really matter … I am thinking of replacing my factory turbo with a Turbonetics 11910 Direct replacement turbo made for the 2.3L ecoboost and was wondering if I need to go to a one range cooler plug? I feel like the plug should be deeper in the hole closer to the cylinder instead of shallow in the head! There are increasingly greater inputs into selecting the proper spark plug design, application, and heat range in order to employ the best plug for the engine. TECHNICAL INFORMATION REAL PERFORMANCE. Cold spark plugs for 2017 Ford Taurus SHO. This is great news. But this design also demands a longer ground strap. Autolite Double Platinum Pro APP3924 (APP3923 is a colder heat range platinum plug) The two P's indicate two platinum nibs on the electrodes where the spark jumps. I have a ford 460 stroked to a 552 with aluminum heads 3/4 reach 10.1 compression holley 850 eldel brock intake msd ignition with a 6a box which plug do i start with, I have a T bucket with a 1969 small block Chevy 327 it is a stock engine with headers and side exhaust wondering what plug to run. Slide 1 of 1. Ron What's the real difference? ADD TO CART. Said to check them as they could get closed up due to handling etc . The Air/fuel ratio is right at factory spec…14.7. 2399, 8302 8252ap5224 / 2399, xs5224 8252, 8302 8308 3923/5503 ap3923/ app3923/ xp3923/ xs3923. Part # 3924. For example, take the 254x plug series. A hotter heat range plug is preferable for engines that only see light duty applications as in mild street driving. For a stock engine, the answer is simply to use the recommended plug for the application. SKU # 426099. check if this fits your vehicle $ 2 89. Autolite AR-3924 Race Plug. Buy It Now. Resistor: Since 1936, Autolite has been a trusted leader and innovator in spark plug technology. Is it possible to have a plug that has stock characteristics but can withstand going WOT every now and then? ... Autolite 3923 - Autolite Copper Core Spark Plugs. $6.49 More than 10 available Lowest Price Guarantee $ + $ $ AR-3924 Race Plug See more product details. The 3923 plug is one range colder. Usually one heat range makes little difference. It’s also running straight timing gears. What is the best recommended spark plug for a 2008 chev aveo 1.5 LT. Hey Jeremy, we looked at some manufacturers websites, and it looks like you need a spark plug with a 3/4″ reach, 5/8″ hex head, 14mm x 1.25 thread, and gap around 0.040 – 0.044″. You can count on Autolite copper plugs for performance and value, backed by decades of experience and passion. I have had switched over to platinum Bosch 4417 platinum +4 which have really worked well. Pinch with 2 fingers to zoom. I have run the 3923 and 3924, both with no issues. To cut to the chase before getting into the details, the best advice for a performance street engine is to put the hottest plug in the engine that will survive. > Is the 5224 better than the 3924… I have done quite a bit of research and cannot determine what the temp range is on these plugs in a way that I can identify a proper shorty plug. > People have said that the 3924 or 3923 work great in > my truck.