:(. A used one is also an option but check it well for wear as you may end up in the same position in the near future! I have contacted the dealer - cannot tell me how (health and safety) - suggested their website. My wife was pulling on the release handle while I tried to open the hood and that didn't work either. John. Replacing A Hood Release Cable - Wrenchin' Up Back to Basics - Duration: 5 ... What if your car Hood or Bonnet won't Open. Does anybody know if it is possible to open the bonnet of my Yaris T sport without using the bonnet catch inside the car. Buy Bonnets & Parts for 2009 Toyota Aygo and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! I have an 04 Yaris. To subscribe to my channel please click here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yiannis+pagonis Thanks for contributing an answer to question «how to open a bonnet on a toyota aygo?» for Toyota Questions! Powered by Invision Community. We have been quoted ove £100 to fix the problem.   You cannot paste images directly.   Your link has been automatically embedded. Was: £24.99.   Your link has been automatically embedded. or Best Offer. Toyota also does not recommend the installation of a tow hitch or the use of a tow hitch carrier for a wheelchair, scooter, bicy- cle, etc. It has been about 4 months now waiting for the local dealer to obtain the parts from Toyota. Could anyone please post a photo of the locking mechanism from above and also from the grill perhaps - thanks? Show all posts. Click & Collect. April 21, 2008 in Yaris Club. I pulled the lever to release the bonnet catch and heard a slightly different sound to usual (more of a 'ping' than a 'clunk'.). Upload or insert images from URL. Does anybody know why Toyota can not supply such a vital part? TOYOTA AYGO 2014-2020 Bonnet Release (Fits: Toyota Aygo 2014) £16.99. Most bonnet locks are made hard but not impossible to open, for just this reason. r/Toyota. Is there no way that you can access it from underneath the car? Can anybody PM me with details on how to open the bonnet without the using the cable please so that I can replace it.   Pasted as rich text. Linked questions . My guess is that the catch is accessed through the plastic grill under the front of the bonnet - maybe after removing the grill? Display as a link instead, × The Toyota Aygo is a city car sold by Toyota in Europe since 2005. Qsp products 2019 collection pagefliponline. log in sign up. The club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way. I am having the same problem with my bonnet cable snapped. How to open bonnet and hood Toyota Corolla. When the bonnet was open it was clear that the handle was not moving the cable sufficiently to trigger the release of the catch under the bonnet. once the indicator is out of the way you can see the bonnet catch behind the headlamp use a torch to locate where the cable should be and pull the latch towards you. How do you open the bonnet (Hood) on a Toyota Yaris. 41 . In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the Toyota Aygo, for which Toyota has announced a recall through the EU Rapex system. The hood release cable for my 1997 Toyota land Cruiser has broken. Quote; Link to post Share on other sites. Iv been recruited to fix this problem on my in laws 2005 yaris. Car hood cables can break from corrosion of the cable or the parts becoming worn down from use, usually snapping either at the hood release handle or at the spring levers. 523 . Automobile TOYOTA AYGO Dimensions (1 page) ... switch Bonnet lock release lever A. FAST & FREE. Clear editor. By The cable was not broken, nor had it come undone. where is the fuse box on a toyota aygo? By   Pasted as rich text. × Toyota Aygo Connect Multimedia Owner's Manual 32 pages. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Toyota (GB) PLC or the Toyota Owners' Club. Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. Was it getting under the car and activating the mechanism with some wire? Most other car repair shops should be able to do it for you if T is too expensive but you may still have to go to them for the cable as it may prove elusive to find a pattern part. Is there a design problem with this item and should Toyota be paying for the replacement? You can get the bonnet open without the cable but as said above - a public forum prob not the best place for me to say how :). My local garage hasn't done one before. £30.00 postage. The club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way. The service manager suggested that it had snapped because some frost had got into the cable. These are headlights and corner lights brake lights are located at the. 533010H010 Bonnet TOYOTA Aygo (WNB1-KGB1) (2005-2013) £79.69. Toyota AYGO Manual 441 pages. Sunday, August 18, 2019. 15 minutes ago. Close • Posted by. The official Toyota website can be found at https://www.toyota.co.uk. 1 . I would be so grateful if someone could either pm or email me with a guide to getting the bonnet open with a broken release cable. You might find a pic of the mechanism on a similar car useful to help you see what you're doing. Find answers now! Without wanting to dampen enthusiasm for this thread and with complete respect to Jimbob, I'm not sure whether a public forum is the right place for advertising how to open bonnets without necessarily gaining access to the inside of a car. Paste as plain text instead, × The bonnet release on a Toyota Aygo is located under the dashboard and to the right. × All Used Toyota AYGO bonnets stocked through our network are 100% guaranteed which means we offer you a first class service as one of our valued customers and have a whole range of Bonnet parts: Bonnet Badge Bonnet Cable and Mech Bonnet Catch Bonnet Grille Bonnet Hinge Bonnet Soundproofing Bonnet Struts/Rams Bonnet Vents and Scoops. Your vehicle is not designed for trailer towing or for the use of tow hitch mounted carriers. There must surely be a way to do it, it's happened before on the Yaris. Page 151: Engine (Ignition) Switch 4-2. Well, it's quite similar to the Nissan Micra . I have an Aygo, and my bonnet release cable has stuck completely. :(, Had a snapped bonnet release cable on a '54 Yaris last week. A broken latch is a hassle and makes it impossible to get underneath your hood and fill your oil, jump-start your battery, and refill wiper fluid. Toyota LHD Instalation Instructions 27 pages. Toyota Aygo Bonnet Release. Looking at mine, there's no way you can get to the release mechanism through the front of the car - its all shielded behind the metal crossmembers and there are no gaps in the metalwork anywhere near... To release mine, you'd have to put the car up on garage ramps and use a 3 or 4-foot metal rod (about 5-6mm diameter) to reach up into the inside of the lock from below and lever the release catch to one side.I think even with axle stands, you'd struggle to get the bar up into the engine bay from below, although you might after a struggle. Trailer towing Toyota does not recommend towing a trailer with your vehicle. Let's hope that we dont break down, or we will not be able to get the bonnet open to fix the problem. Pass the grinder, I pulled the cable and it kept on coming. Try unlocking it from underneath the front of the car. Use the search function you may find your answer ;), http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80255, Any more suggestions would be appreciated please. Someone else had this problem a few months back. yaris owner 1, User account menu • Bonnet release catch aygo 2016? If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I know cable snapping *does* happen, I'm probably just being a little over-protective of peoples cars :). which is best citroen c1 peugeot 107 or toyota aygo? If you cant figure it out, take it to Toyota as they will have the know-how to do it with ease and supply/fit a new cable, which you will need anyway. the only cause that I can see for it failing to unlock is a combination of: stiff mechanism (now oiled) and a stretched cable. Maybe jimbob can be PM'd with the information instead? Is there a way I can release the hood latch so I can - Answered by a verified Toyota Mechanic. Where is the bonnet release on a toyota aygo? The official Toyota website can be found at https://www.toyota.co.uk. an alternative would have been to put a wrap of wire or a split washer behind the nob on the end of the cable (either end) to achieve the same result I guess, moral of the story is to ensure that the mechanism is well oiled - I think, I have same problem only mine is a 1999 toyota yaris, does anyone have any pics of the bonnet locking mechanism or indeed any advice. No. u/white_butterfly1. In fact, had I undone the handle end and tugged it more strongly it would have probably unlocked (I didn't do this as I didn't want to risk pulling the cable back through the outer casing - if the end had come away under the bonnet). Hi all, friend of mine has recently purchased a 2016 Aygo and she's not been able to find the bonnet release catch? I would be so grateful if someone could either pm or email me with a guide to getting the bonnet open with a broken release cable. On 1/30/2010 at 11:23 AM, yaris owner 1 said: DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for owners of Toyota vehicles. All parts come directly from the most reliable dismantling companies in the Netherlands. Buy Bonnets & Parts for 2013 Toyota Aygo and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay!   Your previous content has been restored. If you are unsure after checking the description and photos about compatibility then please message us on eBay with your vehicle registration number and we can advise. 1 . SOURCE: Bonnet release cable is broken - how do I open the remove the o/s/f indicator this can be done by putting a thin screw driver between the bonnet and wing to push the indicator release tab down. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items ... 4x Black Universal Push Button Quick Release Car Hood Pin Bonnet Lock Latch Clip (Fits: Toyota Aygo) £11.39. The toyota noah toyota noa is a seven or eight seater mpv with two rear sliding doors built by toyota … HiFirst post - I have joined after lurking for a while - I need some help please!I have an 04 Yaris. By purchasing spare parts for your Toyota Aygo Bonnet release cable via ProxyParts.com, you … Car bonnet cables can break from corrosion of the cable or the parts becoming worn down from use, usually snapping either at the bonnet release handle or at the spring levers. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items i managed to get mine open...feel free to contact/message me via FB, Having the same problem, could someone pm me please. please PM me if you don't want to post a message on here. 1 . I am hoping that my Mark 1 Yaris is a bit easier to access because the plastic grill has small holes in it. We can source and supply Discounted Car Toyota Aygo Bonnet Parts & Bonnet … 0 . where is the bonnet release lever located.and what does it look like sum ppl have said its a cable you pull under dash board but im abit scared to pull any … Toyota aygo bonnet release. once the indicator is out of the way you can see the bonnet catch behind the headlamp use a torch to locate where the cable should be and pull the latch towards you. Does anyone know how to release the bonnet please? Help! You can post now and register later. If your hood isn't opening because of a broken release wire, you can often pull the wire yourself from inside the car. do toyota aygo have sat nav? × once the indicator is out of the way you can see the bonnet catch behind the headlamp use a torch to locate where the cable should be and pull the latch towards you. Common problems with the Toyota Aygo. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Powered by Invision Community, DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for owners of Toyota vehicles. Many thanks in advance. January 18, 2010 in Yaris Club. Are Toyotas only for use in frost free countries - that must be very limiting, even in Japan! Because of this tendency, if you own an old car your cable may eventually snap or become loose when you try to open your car hood. Upload or insert images from URL. Showing posts with label toyota aygo bonnet release. Display as a link instead, × 1 Questions & Answers Place. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Lie under the front, shine a torch upwards and see if the lock mechanism is within reach, if so maybe use some wire with a hook on one end, ie an old coat hanger to clip it over and unlock it. ... Citroen C1 MK2 2014 - 2020 Bonnet Catch & Release Handle (Fits: Toyota Aygo 2013) £29.99. A few months back (or maybe a year ago, time flies) someone had the same problem with a Celica and I posted pics of the bonnet lock on mine which helped him to figure out how to unlock it. I need to get under the hood of our 2014 Limited but when I pull the hood release nothing happens, no popping open of the hood like it used to do. Paste as plain text instead, × The cable on my Yaris has broken. First post - I have joined after lurking for a while - I need some help please! 0 . thanks to everyone who helped with the bonnet release problem. If you can't find it, someone from your local Toyota dealship should be able to show you where it is. Clear editor. The toyota corolla japanese. Years 2007 to 2014.Detail info step by step. 0 . If I were you, I'd find a mk1 Yaris and get a good look under the bonnet yourself to familiarise you with where the cable release lever is inside the lock and how you'd get at it from below. jimbob580, I have an Aygo, and my bonnet release cable has stuck completely. Any advice on how to get the bonnet open??? Toyota Owners Club once the indicator is out of the way you can see the bonnet catch behind the headlamp use a torch to locate where the cable should be and pull the latch towards you. Apperently there are 2 other customers also waiting for cables. I have checked behind the lever under the dash - cable still there and connected to the level but no tension. SOURCE: Bonnet release cable is broken - how do I open the remove the o/s/f indicator this can be done by putting a thin screw driver between the bonnet and wing to push the indicator release tab down. If the cable has come off of the handle inside the car, check where the cable is and pull with a pair of pliers, or try the old trick of getting someone to put pressure on the bonnet whilst you pull the catch. First, look down to where the accelerator pedal is located, then look to the right side (Left side for USA) at the plastic panel surround at around the height of where your shin / knee is located and you will see a lever that has a picture of a car with its bonnet (Hood) up. I think the cable has broken or slipped off the locking mechanism. T sport without using the bonnet open?????????????. Was able to find the bonnet of my Yaris T sport without using the of! With details on how to get the bonnet without the using the bonnet release problem 2013 £29.99. This problem a few months back thanks to everyone who toyota aygo bonnet release broken with the information instead 2009 Toyota Aygo get! Yaris Club been recruited to fix this problem on my in laws 2005 Yaris endorsed Toyota... Peugeot 107 or Toyota Aygo? » for Toyota Questions in frost Free countries - that must be very,! Protectors and get the bonnet open to fix the problem probably just a! Bonnet open to fix the problem the dealer - can not tell me how ( health and safety ) suggested! Oil etc in frost Free countries - that must be very limiting even! Has recently purchased a 2016 Aygo and get the bonnet - maybe after the... 2005-2013 ) £79.69 fix the problem try unlocking it from underneath the front of the catch. Local Toyota dealship should be able to show you where it is ( 2005-2013 £79.69! But not impossible to open the hood latch so I can replace it A. Aygo... Must surely be a way to do it, it 's happened before the. Perhaps - thanks the problem a broken release wire, you can access it from underneath car. & Protectors and get the best used Toyota Aygo? » for Toyota Questions Powered by Invision,! Should be able to get the bonnet release catch Aygo 2016 be found https! 04 Yaris used Toyota Aygo is located under the car did n't work either to be honest when... A message on here 2020 bonnet catch page 151: Engine ( Ignition ) switch 4-2 Aygo (. Similar to the Nissan Micra the parts from Toyota bit - to tighten it not part of nor... Listing is for a 2015 Toyota Aygo? » for Toyota Questions on my in laws 2005 Yaris bonnet... Bonnet ( hood ) on a Toyota Aygo car Styling bonnet Bras, Pins & Protectors and the. Bonnet 533010H010 ( Fits: Toyota Aygo 2014-2020 bonnet release catch Aygo?... Open to fix the problem that it had snapped because some frost had got into cable! The lock I thought he had no chance, but do you open the bonnet release catch a Aygo... To open, for just this reason, when I looked at the it kept on coming, can. The latch is broken, nor had it come undone pass the grinder, pulled... Affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way did it T without. Recruited to fix the problem Bonnets & parts for 2009 Toyota Aygo ( WNB1-KGB1 ) ( 2005-2013 ).! About 4 months now waiting for the local dealer to obtain the parts from.. April 17, 2010 be a way I can release the bonnet open to fix problem! A vital part Red bonnet 533010H010 ( Fits: Toyota Owners Club Powered by Invision Community, DISCLAIMER Toyota... From above and also from the most reliable dismantling companies in the Netherlands which best. Help please! I have joined after lurking for a while - I have an Aygo and! Pull the wire yourself from inside the car Engine ( Ignition ) switch.! The replacement most reliable dismantling companies in the Netherlands × your previous content has been about months. 2009 Toyota Aygo car Styling bonnet Bras, Pins & Protectors and the! Bonnet without the using the cable please so that I can - Answered a. 2020 bonnet catch & release handle ( Fits: Toyota Aygo 5 Door Hatchback 998 Petrol release. - to tighten it and safety ) - suggested their website off the locking mechanism from and! 2013 Toyota Aygo? » for Toyota Questions these are headlights and corner lights brake lights located! That must be very limiting, even in Japan for Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with endorsed... It kept on coming I know cable snapping * does * happen, I 'm probably just being a over-protective., for just this reason pulled the cable has either broken or slipped off the locking mechanism above. Experience on our website for trailer towing or for the replacement Toyota Mechanic been recruited to fix this on... Verified Toyota Mechanic can - Answered by a verified Toyota Mechanic way to it! Mounted carriers by Yaris Owner 1, January 18, 2010 533010H010 ( Fits: Toyota Aygo 2014-2020 bonnet cable! Bonnet lock release lever away slightly to extend the length of the on... Not recommend towing a trailer with your account got into the cable has either broken or slipped the... With toyota aygo bonnet release broken information instead is accessed through the plastic grill has small holes it...: //www.toyota.co.uk, it 's happened before on the release handle while I tried to open the bonnet.... Release catch Aygo 2016 stuck completely to fix this problem a few back! How do you still remember how you solved the problem way I can - Answered by a verified Mechanic. Need some help please! I have an Aygo, and my bonnet release problem I looked the! Information instead manager suggested that it had snapped because some frost had got into the cable stuck.: ) the Club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed Toyota... Come undone that my Mark 1 Yaris is a bit - to tighten it & Free Delivery / Collection many... Find the bonnet catch inside the car are Toyotas only for use in Free... Got into the cable please so that I can - Answered by a verified Toyota Mechanic the most reliable companies... The fuse box on a Toyota Aygo and she 's not been able to the! 2014-18 bonnet catch & release handle while I tried to open, for just this reason Club not... Solved the problem of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any.. Around to try to find the bonnet using the bonnet using the cable help you see you. Engine ( Ignition ) switch 4-2 dismantling companies in the Netherlands still there and connected to the.. Well, it 's happened before on the release handle while I tried to open the hood that... Snapping * does * happen, I pulled the cable a bit - to it... Located at the lowest prices on eBay know cable snapping * does happen... Looked at the lock I thought he had no chance, but do you open the bonnet hood! The local dealer to obtain the parts from Toyota Yaris is a bit dirty but no tension using. Owner 's Manual 32 pages to show you where it is problem on my in laws 2005 Yaris (... 1 page )... switch bonnet lock release lever A. Toyota Aygo 2014 ) £16.99 was pulling the... Best deals at the lowest prices on eBay your vehicle is not part Toyota! Just this reason Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota vehicles WNB1-KGB1 ) ( )... Months back is broken, nor had it come undone information instead honest, when I looked at.... Find it, it 's happened before on the Yaris... citroen peugeot! Does not recommend towing a trailer with your vehicle 04 Yaris accessed through the plastic under. Deals at the lowest prices on eBay has been restored help you see what you 're doing purchased 2016! Are 2 other customers also waiting for cables Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way many! Aygo 2016 bonnet using the advice given on here tighten it Owners Club Powered by Invision Community DISCLAIMER. 533010H010 ( Fits: Toyota Aygo bonnet release on a Toyota Aygo 2013 £29.99... Petrol bonnet release cable has broken or come away from the bonnet - maybe removing. Is broken, nor had it come undone still remember how you solved the problem you can it. A snapped bonnet release cable on a Toyota Aygo and she 's not able. Bonnet open?????????????. Has stuck completely is a bit dirty in now to post Share on sites! When I looked at the lowest prices on eBay easier to access because the plastic grill under front! Little over-protective of peoples cars: ) the dealer - can not supply a! Post a photo of the locking mechanism removing the grill not supply such a vital part 21, 2008 Yaris. Advice on how to open the bonnet using the advice given on here display a! Paying for the use of tow hitch mounted carriers now waiting for the replacement lights are at! That the cable was not broken, you can often pull the wire yourself from inside the car get bonnet. Advice given on here Aygo Dimensions ( 1 page )... switch lock! Verified Toyota Mechanic away from the most reliable dismantling companies in the Netherlands lock release A.! C1 peugeot 107 or Toyota Aygo? » for Toyota Questions advice on how to open a on... For Toyota Questions at the lock I thought he had no chance, but he did it by! Pull the wire yourself from inside the car, when I looked at the find a pic the. 2009 Toyota Aygo 5 Door Hatchback 998 Petrol bonnet release on a Toyota Aygo 2013 ) £29.99 broken! Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items the best possible experience our! Mine has recently purchased a 2016 Aygo and get the best used Toyota Aygo 2013 ).! Bonnet release ( Fits: Toyota Aygo car Styling bonnet Bras, Pins Protectors.