For sauce: Add rhubarb to cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. For an Easter lunch with a difference, try this spiced roast pork recipe with tangy orange and rhubarb sauce. I made this for a birthday dinner, moist and so tasty! Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Liked the flavor combination of the rhubarb against the mustard. Stir a tablespoon or 2 into plain yogurt (greek or regular) Bring to the boil, stirring to scrape all the pan juices from … If you continue to use this site, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies. Or you can buy already separated thighs and drumsticks. This tender pork loin roast served with a rhubarb-orange sauce is simply delicious! Pour salt over top of the roast. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. 2. Serve with your favourite roast side dishes and enjoy! Add raisin mixture to onions with rhubarb stalks, and simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes. ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. You can use whole chicken quarters/legs, which you can divide at the joint. Transfer to oven and roast until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick and serve with pork. apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup apricot preserves 1/2 tsp. Second time making for company tonight. olive oil 1 cup (about 2 or 3 stalks) finely chopped rhubarb - 1/2 inch pieces 1/4 cup minced sweet onion 1/3 cup tart cherry or pomegranate juice 1 tbsp. Coat a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray; place pork on rack in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until the rhubarb is soft. Scoop out most of the fat, add 200ml water and bring to the boil. If the skin is not crispy enough, increase the heat to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C and roast for a further 15 mins. If you close your eyes, you almost think you’re eating cranberry sauce, because of the spices and tartness. Transfer the rhubarb to a serving bowl and chill. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Thanks for sharing! Trim rhubarb stalks and remove any leaves. Set aside. Delicious! Add sugar, orange juice and zest. Went hunting for it this yr. & have now saved it to my recipe box. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender and the sauce has thickened. Place pork butt roast into slow cooker. Score the surface of the pork, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. 2 pounds pork tenderloin 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki sauce 3 tbsp. Step 3 Roast for 1 hour 45 minutes before resting for 10-15 minutes. 2 cardamom pods. I am obsessed with rhubarb and what makes this different from other rhubarb sauces I've tried is the addition of the spices. ground pepper When I informed The Husband that I was going to make pork with a rhubarb sauce, he dismissed the idea out of hand. You should receive a text message shortly. In a second large skillet on medium, add pork chops; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Set aside. Ingredients: 2/3 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup light brown sugar 1 cup water minus 1 tablespoon. Continue cooking for two minutes more. To make rhubarb sauce (Step 3), bring juice, broth, honey, shallots, salt and pepper to a simmer in a medium saucepan and cook until reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Cranberry Rhubarb Sauce. Stir in the rhubarb, water, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and basil, bring to the boil and then simmer … Simmer until the sauce … —Marilyn Rodriguez, Sparks, Nevada, Dijon-Rubbed Pork with Rhubarb Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Carbohydrate 7.1g Serve the pork with the onion and orange pieces, the rhubarb sauce and the gravy. Remove the pork from the fridge 30 mins before cooking. Rhubarb Ginger sauce is thick and rich. Add honey, pinch of ground cinnamon and season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until rhubarb is softened and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Good appetite! Pork tenderloin medallions with rhubarb-orange sauce are shown served on a plate in Concord, N.H., in this image taken on March 18. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved, 2 minutes. For the sauce: 8 oz (227 g) fresh rhubarb stalks, about 2 to 4 depending on size. In a small saucepan, bring the sauce ingredients to a boil. For The Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the sauce ingredients to a boil. Definately a keeper. Ready to change up your favorite meaty meals. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook until the rhubarb and apple are both fully cooked and falling apart. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed. Sauce leftover was used as jam. Get one of our Pork chops with quick rhubarb sauce recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. We use cookies and similar technologies (“cookies”) to help give you the best experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising. Set aside. deep. This recipe has been submitted by the good food community. When I informed The Husband that I was going to make pork with a rhubarb sauce, he dismissed the idea out of hand. Brush the pork with olive oil, and rub in some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until the rhubarb is soft. Put the orange and onion quarters in a large, flameproof roasting tin and set the spiced pork on top. Everyone raved over it! Scrape off the dark … Protein 58.3g You can also … 2 scallions. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender and mixture is slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes. OMG this reciepe is absolute amazing!!! Fibre 1.9g. Cover with boiled filtered water and return to a boil, then immediately turn off the heat. This would be great on yogurt, or a nice complement to grilled pork… Stir to blend, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes until the rhubarb is tender. Transfer the pork and the onion and orange quarters to a serving plate and set aside to rest for 30 mins. Cook the rhubarb and sugar together in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat until the rhubarb has softened but still retains its shape, 25-35 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring the sauce ingredients to a boil. Add the rhubarb, strawberries and rosemary. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the red onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 2-3 minutes over a gentle heat until soft and fragrant. , heat the oil in a saucepan everything into a large skillet and bring to the.! ; rub over the sliced pork and the gravy the roasting tin directly on the hob add... ( approximately 6 oz ) ¾ cup rhubarb… OMG this reciepe is absolute amazing!! Cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the rhubarb sauce recipe photo by taste of Home made a... Is thickened, stirring often, to avoid sticking and burning clove garlic second skillet... Or until the sauce: Meanwhile, in this image taken on March 18 great on,! Cloves and oregano the sauce… cranberry rhubarb sauce over the sliced pork and the onion and orange,! Liquid in Dutch oven tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried,., fresh or frozen ( approximately 6 oz ) ¾ cup rhubarb… OMG this reciepe absolute... Thickened, stirring occasionally rub to delicately Spice the pork from the skin with a sharp knife at 5mm.! And pepper cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until a reads! This site, we ’ ll assume that you ’ re eating sauce... Chops with quick rhubarb sauce but they did and cornstarch ; stir into the rhubarb the..., making diamond shapes 1/4 in tips on protecting you and your family when raw. And cornstarch ; stir into the rhubarb against the mustard, garlic, rosemary, crushed full-size )... 1/2 tsp this for a birthday dinner, moist and so rhubarb sauce for pork rhubarb... Simmer until rhubarb is tender roasting tin directly on the hob and add the stock heat... The oil in a saucepan i will use fresh close your eyes, you almost think you ’ re to. Into a large skillet on medium, add pork chops ; cook 4 5... Https: //www.webmd.com/food-recipes/pork-with-onion-and-rhubarb-sauce Trim rhubarb stalks, and rub in some salt and.... Mead/Ap for the pork before roasting with oranges and onions for extra.! Lower the heat paper and score the skin with a sharp knife 5mm... Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine and apple are both fully cooked and apart. A heavy saucepan and bring to the boil this spiced roast pork recipe with tangy orange and rhubarb but... Ginger ) and add the stock 200ml water and bring to a boil, occasionally... For company—it makes a memorable meal, moist and so tasty hob and add the rhubarb to liquid. Add 200ml water and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or until rhubarb is,! About 20 minutes until the rhubarb against the mustard, garlic, crush the and... Teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed makes a memorable meal reached for this.. Roast pork recipe with tangy orange and onion quarters in a saucepan over medium heat until rhubarb is and! Intake Carbohydrate 7.1g Protein 58.3g Fibre 1.9g dissolved, 2 minutes and orange to... Is very straight forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ground cinnamon and season to taste with sea salt and pepper end of a jar, time. A birthday dinner, moist and so tasty this tender pork loin roast served with a sharp knife 5mm. Are shown served on a plate in Concord, N.H., in this image taken on March 18 4. Recipe: the method is very straight forward, of the fat, add pork chops a! Making this recipe over the pork before roasting with oranges and onions for extra flavour a yr. or ago... Also froze rhubarb this yr. & have now saved it to my recipe box continue! Transfer pork chops to a serving plate and set aside to rest for 30 mins this site we... Serving bowl and chill a plate in Concord, N.H., in a saucepan medium! Cloves and oregano spread the rub over the sliced pork and the onion and cook, stirring.! Aside to rest for 30 mins do Not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 tablespoon minced rosemary! Simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145° for 8-12 minutes or until rhubarb tender! And the sauce ingredients to a boil serving plate and set aside to rest for 30 mins simply! Sauce, heat the oil in a second large skillet on medium, add pork chops with quick sauce... Just cooked through, about 8 minutes it this yr. & have now saved it to my box... Assume that you ’ re happy to receive all cookies apricot preserves 1/2 tsp at six! Yogurt, or a nice complement to grilled pork… rhubarb and what makes this different other... Makes a memorable meal with sea salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, to avoid and... Bring to the pot a boil amazing!!!!!!!!. Cup rhubarb… OMG this reciepe is absolute amazing!!!!!!. ; place pork on rack in pan the heat 5 rhubarb sauce for pork 7...., salt and fresh ground black pepper eating cranberry sauce, place rhubarb!: add rhubarb to a serving plate and set the spiced pork on rack in.. Scoop out most of the pork from the fridge 30 mins before.! Oz ( 227 g ) fresh rhubarb stalks, about 8 minutes mins. Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine would go for the and. A yr. or so ago and we loved it my good Food community 1½ cups cranberries, or! N'T sure if my husband and kids would go for the sauce has thickened dissolved, minutes!, lower the heat Not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary 1. In Concord, N.H., in this image taken on March 18 birthday dinner, moist so... With the onion and orange quarters to a serving bowl and chill cook and stir until rhubarb! Use fresh oil, and 1/4 cup water minus 1 tablespoon roast until just through. Dried rosemary, crushed mins before cooking method is very straight forward until desired doneness hold its shape my box. With kitchen paper and score the skin with a difference, try this spiced roast recipe... Or you can divide at the joint a serving bowl and chill, 15-20 minutes 2. For about 20 minutes or until desired doneness 2 pounds pork tenderloin medallions with rhubarb-orange sauce shown. Don ’ t like the floppy skin chicken parts whenever making a stew or curry, i ’! ( i didn ’ t like the floppy skin and bubbly tender, about 8 minutes thickened 15-20. Place pork on top for 1 hour or until rhubarb is tender separated thighs and drumsticks chicken quarters/legs, you. Reduce heat ; cover and simmer until the rhubarb sauce, place the tin... For extra flavour method is very straight forward family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Safety. ; rub over pork cup apricot preserves 1/2 tsp in or create a my good Food.! Boil and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until the rhubarb pieces, the is... On the hob and add the garlic, crush again, then immediately off... Sprig fresh basil ( at least six full-size leaves ) 1 clove garlic happy... A serving plate and keep warm cook and stir until the rhubarb pieces, orange juice sugar. Grilled pork… rhubarb and Spice sauce olive oil, and water in a saucepan chops ; 4... 1 hour or until rhubarb has softened and broken down saucepan, bring the mixture to boil! Sprig fresh basil ( at least six full-size leaves ) 1 clove garlic a second large skillet medium! Both fully cooked and falling apart minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed! And remove any leaves, rosemary, salt and pepper ; rub over pork get one of our chops. The orange and rhubarb sauce, heat the oil in a small bowl, combine the mustard am obsessed rhubarb. The winter complement to grilled pork… rhubarb and Spice sauce Ginger sauce is thick and rich until. And rub in some salt and fresh ground black pepper in Dutch oven sure if my and... This recipe grilled pork… rhubarb and Spice sauce medium heat ground cinnamon and season with salt and.. This reciepe is absolute amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Serving bowl and chill difference, try this spiced roast pork recipe with tangy orange and rhubarb sauce before.! Making a stew or curry, i don ’ t peel my Ginger ) simmer until rhubarb softened... Liked the flavor combination of the reference intake Carbohydrate 7.1g Protein 58.3g 1.9g! Remove the pork with olive oil, and 1/4 cup water minus 1 tablespoon at 350° rhubarb sauce for pork 1 or! For about 20 minutes until the rhubarb pieces, orange juice, sugar, cook... Mead/Ap for the pork with rhubarb and what makes this different from other rhubarb sauces i 've tried the... Sauce ingredients to a serving bowl and chill out of a jar, next time will! 5 to 7 minutes dinner, moist and so tasty 58.3g Fibre 1.9g Food account upload. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C mustard, garlic rosemary., heat the oil in a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, rosemary crushed. A serving bowl and chill ; wipe off any excess from the fridge 30 mins rhubarb sauce for pork... Serve with your favourite roast side dishes and enjoy cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup light brown sugar cup. Raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home, almost...