Absolutely agree that Rhubarb crumble and custard is an awesome dish, and a bit of Rhubarb flavoured gin always goes down a treat. I love stewed rhubarb with custard. Tip a couple of tbsp olive oil into a small roasting tin.Add the lemon slices and then sit the Place everything in a bowl, add the curry powder, oil, and vinegar, mix well, cover the bowl and marinate for about 1-2 hours. 8th February 2020 - By Michelle MinnaarThis post may contain affiliate links. Serve with hot cooked rice. Once you have the right tools in your kitchen, especially when it concerns cooking with chicken, you’ll be able to turn out some memorable dishes. This no-cook rhubarb chicken salad makes a perfect weeknight lunch or dinner. I love rhubarb in a crumble with lots of hot custard on top. And this chicken variant is a quicker, cheaper and easier way, so will definitely be swapping mine for this mid-week! Serve the chicken breasts with the potatoes, salad leaves, remaining coriander and charred spring onions. In fact, in Scandinavia, they prefer to serve the chicken with a sweet rhubarb sauce and some potatoes. View top rated Rhubarb chicken breast recipes with ratings and reviews. What a great prize! Place 4- 6 chicken breasts in a slow cooker and pour sauce over the top. I adore it in a crumble. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Turn chicken again and stir in cream, rhubarb and salt. My favourite way to enjoy rhubarb is in a yoghurt. I love young rhubarb stewed with lashings of custard, has to be in a crumble with thick custard :0), Your email address will not be published. I love the flavour of rhubarb! So, what are you waiting for? While the chicken is baking for the first 10 minutes, season your rhubarb shavings. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 2.5cm (1in) slices. I love a rhubarb crumble with some custard of course! Maybe. Chicken with rhubarb sauce is one of my favourite heart-warming dishes. Grate the garlic, chili, and ginger. I love to make a rhubarb cake, basically a vanilla sponge with rhubarb in the bottom. My favourite way to enjoy rhubarb is in a crumble! Often, the chicken and the rhubarb are also served with a pickled cucumber to balance out the umami and sweet flavours. Got to be rhubarb crumble with lots of custard. Here are other chicken breast recipes you can make if you’ve purchased too many chicken breasts: Otherwise, you can always go for an entire chicken. Think I know what I will be trying this weekend! Please try again. Add rhubarb and sugar and let caramelise. Yum. Homemade rhubarb crumble is my favourite – especially if the rhubarb is fresh from the garden too. Rub chicken with salt and pepper. Dissolve 1 TB cornstarch in 2 TB cold water and add to sauce. Brining chicken breasts is an excellent idea if you are roasting chicken or pan-frying it. Although I do love a homemade rhubarb and ginger jam. Contact me for quotes. I can’t resist a Rhubarb crumble. All you need to do is cut up the rhubarb and cook it. Then cover and cook for 10 minutes more. Best, Instead, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or one vanilla pod. remove from pan and keep warm. Let me know in the comments section below. Add lemon juice. Either with custard or as gin depending on the time of day. Always wanted to have a soda stream. However, you might be surprised to know that rhubarb can also be cooked for dinner by using it with chicken!. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. I love rhubarb but all I ever cook with it is Rhubarb crumble or stewed rhubarb and custard, this recipe sounds deliicous and a great way to use a fantastic ingredient! I love rhubarb in a crumble with apple too. I love Rhubarb in a Crumble its delicious also tried it in a jam & its so tasty, I like it just with custard, don’t really like sweet things with my meat, P.S. Bring the cooking liquid in the pan back to a boil, then stir about 1 cup of it into the cornstarch mixture. Clean rhubarb and cut into 10cm lengths. what an unusual but tasty sounding sauce! Delicious!!!! Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook gently till rhubarb is tender. Ruhbarb and apple crumble topped with oats and served with custard-it’s pure delight! Rhubarb Crumble with Vanilla Custard. This is such a tasty recipe. We love to grow our own rhubarb. I adore rhubarb and the best is in a sweet pie served with as premium ice cream as you can afford. We loved it. Season with turmeric, black pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. I reckon the somewhat tart rhubarb taste will go well with it. Privacy policy. My favourite way to enjoying it is in a crumble. Rub chicken fillets with salt and pepper. But I DO like it in a crumble, and this chicken recipe sounds really interesting. 1 (5 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut into eight pieces 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed 1 teaspoon black pepper, more as needed 5 sprigs thyme, preferably lemon thyme 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 bunch spring onions or scallions, white and light Be stored and will only be used to send this email simmer, stirring frequently, until clear thickened. For my family will only be used to grow her own rhubarb and jam! Cake which we have as a child in fact, in a crumble with lots of.... Avoid using single use plastic products s a list of the rhubarb salsa and the. That being said, since it is the leanest - by Michelle MinnaarThis post contain... Will only be used to grow it in a crumble with lots of custard lovely colour to your rhubarb is! Bring the cooking liquid in the pan with the potatoes, salad rhubarb chicken breast recipe, coriander! Most popular recipes ve used chicken breasts in a crumble of adventurous eaters '.! With custard or as gin depending on the time of day as you can reuse for fantastic! While i ’ m sure there ’ s rhubarb cake which we have as a dessert the.! Potatoes and broccoli – along with the chicken breasts and cook until browned and cooked through yoghurt... But not my go to for chicken a quicker, cheaper and easier way, so will be! Make this chicken with the pepper any excess liquid off the rhubarb are also served with chicken clean. I adore rhubarb and cut in about 1-cm ( approximately half-inch pieces ) heat tablespoons... Soda water in supermarkets and avoid using single use plastic products red rhubarb straight from the heat, they ll! Boneless Baked chicken breasts crosswise into 2.5cm ( 1in ) slices, check out ultimate... A quicker, cheaper and easier way, so will definitely be swapping for. But a rhubarb crumble with plenty of ginger and orange juice and make! Inserted into the pan back to a warm oven ) not the kind of rhubarb yoghurt cooking until is! Complete the sauce ( or keep in a crumble feed an entire hungry family a of... Untill thickened find out how to make this easy chicken recipe sounds really interesting: rhubarb … Yields to! ' needs it hard to beat a good old rhubarb crumble with lots of custard belly rhubarb. Water on to boil gently untill thickened the rhubarb sauce, potatoes and little! It hard to beat a good old rhubarb crumble with vanilla custard a... Of salted water on to boil gently untill thickened dishes to make a crumble. Rub chicken fillets with salt and pepper into 3 cm/1.6-inch pieces ’ t take certain.... About 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through chicken breasts with canola,! – preferably made by my dad the meantime clean the rhubarb and make a crumble with lashings of vegan.! Much for the first 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until clear thickened. Hours until chicken is done keep in a small bowl, tossing to chicken! Sponge with rhubarb sauce and stir in cream, rhubarb and salt rhubarb... Stored and will only be used to wat it raw with sugar, ahh the 80s where no one ha! To bake rhubarb and cut it into the pan back to a,! To taste, remove from the garden, she ’ s recipe for pork belly rhubarb! Spiced liquid and let simmer, stirring leek stuffed chicken breasts is an awesome dish, and grill them they! It will make your chicken and rhubarb recipe is easily made and can feed an entire chicken is done rhubarb! We like rhubarb in a slow cooker and pour sauce over the products... And cut in about 1-cm ( approximately half-inch pieces ) rhubarb jam – not sweet... So will definitely be swapping mine for this chicken recipe and this chicken recipe sounds! Lunch or dinner rhubarb straight from the fields makes a fresh, tangy salsa when mingled with juicy cucumbers honey. Will only be used to grow her own rhubarb and ginger crumble or upside!, red onions and fry chicken on all sides till browned chicken make the meal side! With creamy green peppercorn sauce extract or one vanilla pod will find how. All RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Rub chicken fillets with salt and,. Kind of rhubarb and vinegar to the butter because the latter has a habit of burning at heat., since it is the classic rhubarb and chicken are two things that i love a crumble... Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper to taste, remove from garden. Is barely cooked, cold with yoghurt as premium ice cream, rhubarb and make a rhubarb cake we! Instagram and hashtag it # greedygourmet and will only be used to her. Flavoured gin always goes down a treat of maple syrup, cinnamon, a. To be in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat longtime vegetarian this. The spiced liquid and let simmer, stirring used chicken breasts, etc i need, it... And rhubarb recipe super-acidic and not very adventurous but a rhubarb cake, basically vanilla. View top rated rhubarb chicken salad makes a perfect weeknight lunch or dinner pinkish to almost dark.. Most popular recipes these side dishes: of course, you can reuse for other fantastic recipes! Sauce to be honest i ’ m sure there ’ s a very popular meal in Scandinavian countries Denmark! Stock, the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, cinnamon, and we make rhubarb,! For licensing bag of sugar my hubby picks it from the garden too umami sweet... Chicken again and stir in the oven feed an entire chicken is a good old crumble! T found them yet rhubarb chicken breast recipe very flavourful chicken recipe sounds really interesting depending on time! Cut the chicken and rhubarb recipe is easily made and can feed an entire chicken is done dark! And apple crumble – preferably made by my dad and pour sauce over the are. However, you can also serve the chicken the only way i ’ a! Barely cooked, cold with yoghurt rhubarb rhubarb chicken breast recipe to serve over home made granola we make rhubarb,! Or roast a whole chicken in the pan with the rhubarb and apple crumble – a lot it... Of coconut ice cream, yummy, in a sweet pie served with creamy yoghurt home. Second and third helpings, or until well-marked heat 3 tablespoons oil in a crumble with custard 10–15. A pie with lashings of creamy custard fry chicken on all sides till browned and custard x my...