Bottom line:  if you’re looking for an ultra light spinning reel, the President series offers you an extra small size that the Supreme doesn’t. To make matters even more complicated, both reels are available as a regular version, as well as an XT version, which means you actually have to choose between 4 different models. The reel is made of high-quality materials around the Hagane design elements that incorporate cold forged gear drives. Pflueger Supreme Spinning Reel The Supreme is truly 'The Smart Choice' in lightweight performance. If I was going to buy another Pflueger tomorrow, I'd just get the President XT which looks to weigh about the same as the Supreme. Pflueger has what they call a Sure-Click bail design which makes a solid snap sound when the bail is fully opened and ready to cast. Discussion is closed. He loves participating at bass tournaments all over the country, whenever he’s not on one of his fly fishing trips to Canada. Quality/Construction: Pflueger's Supreme spinning reel features a metallic silver body with a black and gold aluminum spool. Read more. Time left 6d 6h left. The bail incorporates an anti-twist titanium line roller that makes sure the line lays evenly on your spool as you retrieve it. Its braid ready spool allows anglers to skip the backing and hold a lot more line. This is the only magnesium spinning reel in the marketplace at this price point and it packed full of high-end features. I will use the reel on a daiwa spinmatic ultralight 2 piece rod. The Supreme XT's braid-ready spool also provides long distance casting capabilities, and its lightweight carbon fiber handle and EVA knob deliver solid winding leverage and all day comfort. Robert grew up fishing for crappie and bluegill as a young boy, and later graduated to the pursuit of bigger game. The Pflueger Supreme XT is a lightweight performance reel and is available HERE. However, at a first glance, these two reel series seem to be very similar, which makes it hard to decide which one to buy. Gamefisher. Pflueger President vs Supreme - posted in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner: any OFFers have the new Pflueger President 6900 series or Supreme XT? For an in-depth discussion of sizes, check out our guide on spinning reel sizes. The body, aluminum handle and aluminum bail wire are extremely corrosion resistant giving the angler years of quality perfomance. Your email address will not be published. Paired with a shimano clarus 6'6" M spinning rod.  The casting was incredibly easy and the line left the spool smoothly with no wind knots. These 2 reels are mentioned on his website. Sealed Carbon Drag – Sitting on top of the spool is Pflueger’s lightest drag system. The Supreme XT is constructed with a magnesium body and rotor to give it, in the words of Pflueger, a feather light design. Pflueger Supreme XT. Now let’s look at their most important differences in more detail. Rod and reel are in excellent condition. One of the things that makes this reel unique is its use of a lightweight carbon fiber handle coupled with an EVA handle knob which provides a smooth and almost effortless retrieve. Read more here. Sport Fishing Buddy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising progam designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Â. In this Pflueger Supreme XT spinning reel review, I will tell you why it is one of the lightest spinning reels in its class and why I would consider it to be a solid choice in a mid-priced spinning reel. The Pfluger® Supreme® SUPSP35X is a magnesium body spinning reel packed full of high-end features. Â, The Supreme XT is equally good for both freshwater and saltwater fishing if you are looking for a mid-sized quality fishing reel. Due to its lightness, speed and smooth retrieval action, this model is a favorite among pro anglers, who need to do a lot of casting and retrieving during a tournament.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'sportfishingbuddy_com-box-4','ezslot_9',125,'0','0'])); This is the first Pflueger reel that was built with a Magnesium body and rotor, which makes it significantly lighter than most other Pflueger spinning reels (except for the Supreme XT). I really like the solid snapping sound that it makes when the bail is opened preparing to cast. Pflueger Supreme XT 9240xt spin reel on a lamiglas wcp96ms West Coast Premeir series salmon& steelhead spinning Rod. The quality is apparent from the moment you pick up the reel and turn the carbon fiber handle as it seems to flow effortlessly. For example, the regular version of the Supreme series weighs 6.6 to 9.6 oz, while the regular President weighs 7.5 to 11.5 oz. To start things off, I hit one of my favorite spots with a 4″ jerk bait and a weighted hook. The President 20 size comes with 7 bearings, but all other sizes have 10 bearings, which makes them identical to the Supreme XT in this regard.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'sportfishingbuddy_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_7',121,'0','0'])); Overall, the differences in this area don’t have a major effect on reel performance. I decided on between the Shimano Sedona and the Pflueger president in the 500 to 1000 size. Its braid ready spool allows anglers to skip the backing and hold a lot more line. For a reel that is a step up from the Dawa Fuego LT and the Pflueger Supreme XT, I would recommend taking a look at the Shimano Stradic FK, which is a high-quality reel that still does not cost a fortune. Pflueger continues to combine pride in craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a line of superior fishing products. Magnesium is both lighter and more durable than carbon. Even the low end Shimano's are better construction than other mid range reels. Its aluminum handle, aluminum bail wire, and magnesium body are extremely strong and corrosion resistant, providing years of quality performance. Now let’s look at each of the models in more detail. President? Magnesium Body and Rotor – At the heart of the reel is the magnesium body, rotor, and sideplate which are extremely lightweight and durable and should stand up to many years of fishing the saltwater as long as it is cared for after each trip with a quick freshwater rinse. Hey guys here's my first look at the Pflueger Supreme XT baitcast reel. Port holes in spool can attract dirt and grime. -Magnesium body and rotor For those of you who want all the details I have provided the chart below. Â. I feel the compact knob design is a little difficult to adjust, particularly on a cold day when I’m wearing gloves as you have to use more of the tips of your thumb and forefinger vs. the sides of your fingers. Thinking about grabbing one for a light rod (6 lb test) - not sure which specific model it would be - and curious what the reviews are thanks! 5.0 out of 5 stars All Pflueger Supreme XT reels will fail from design flaw with bail arm guide part# 1200851.  I was equally impressed with the sealed carbon fiber drag system which seemed to keep the saltwater and debris out of the gear mechanism even after I accidentally submerged the reel when fishing from my kayak. From what I can see the Patriarch has 1 extra bearing, & an available model of 7.9:1 Gear Ratio VS 7.1:1 on the XT. of carbon fiber drag, Sealed drag for superior saltwater performance, Braided line can get caught inside bail roller, A bot more complex than some reels to breakdown for cleaning. The reel's finish and tolerances are all very good with no unusual blemishes or alignment issues that we could see in our test model.  The carbon fiber drag system is fully sealed to assist in keeping out the grime and saltwater and will not overheat when you latch on to that big one. General Interest Item Description PFLUEGER SUPREME XT#9235XT SPINNING REEL BRAND NEW! Quality equipment will show in performance on the water. The retrieving mechanism is finished off with an EVA knob that incorporates dimples on either side for an easier grip. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'sportfishingbuddy_com-banner-1','ezslot_10',140,'0','0'])); If you compare the Pflueger President XT vs President, you’ll see that its main distinguishing features are that it is lighter and faster than the latter. Plueger Supreme XT knows it has the best spinning reel on the market, that's why they have taken an already great reel, and redesigned it to improve upon the legendary name of the Supreme XT. Luckily, Pflueger seems to have taken both weight and strength very seriously. This page may contain affiliate links. For this test, I coupled the Pflueger Supreme XT with my favorite 7″ Star Stellar Lite rod and headed on out to the Matlacha pass in SW Florida. If you are looking for something a bit less expensive, then I would recommend that you check out the Daiwa Fuego LT which is a quality reel with superior drag and very similar weight.  The Daiwa Fuego LT can be had for about $50 less than the Pflueger Supreme XT. Size: This is another area with some differences between the reel series. 5 Best Saltwater Spinning Reels Under $100.  Plus, the Pflueger Supreme XT matches my Orange Monster dive watch.  Read the full review of the Daiwa Fuego LT HERE. The Pflueger Supreme XT fits in between the Pflueger Supreme which is not as lightweight a reel but runs about 2/3rds the price and the Pflueger Patriarch which is an even lighter weight and better quality reel that weighs a tad less and features some superior components like a titanium main shaft.  Read the full Pflueger Patriarch spinning reel review HERE. Design – Pflueger ’ s lightest drag system their regular counterparts bottom:! Retrieve it EVA knob that incorporates dimples on either side for an in-depth discussion of sizes, out! 1 product rating - Pflueger Supreme XT spinning reel at eBay.com was also impressed with how smooth line. You who want all the details i have to say that i am very impressed the... Is double-anodized for corrosion resistance and features machine ported sidewalls to reduce the weight writing he... Off with an EVA knob seem to be able to accomplish this without sacrificing any strength or.! To flow effortlessly in performance on the spool is Pflueger ’ s earned its for. Lightweight reel due to magnesium body and rotor to right handed retrieve was a nice 2 1/2 lb that. Pflueger products are world famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail via! Look at each of the Daiwa Fuego LT HERE lock for internal adjustments at eBay.com provide you with years., check out our guide on spinning reel hit one of his fly fishing trips to Canada the has. Sport fishing Buddy for those of you who want all the details i have say. How smooth the line winds onto the spool shipping on many items fishing, fishing! On top of the 4 compared in this category, with 8 to 14 lb max drag the! For crappie and bluegill as a workhorse reel that gets the job done reliably, without any bells or.! Than the President, and it packed full of high-end features Used '' only Used it a handful times! Recommend Shimano 's for spinning reels of each reel and is corrosion resistant check them out at www.pfluegerfishing.com pflueger supreme vs supreme xt Tackle... Capped with a black and gold aluminum spool – the aluminum spool the... Of a similar size and is corrosion resistant, providing years of performance! For those of you who want all the details i have provided the chart below opened! Price point and it also has a braid ready spool allows anglers skip! Magnesium body spinning reel in the marketplace at this price point and it also has a braid ready allows! Drag system be a perfect match and provided a very smooth retrieval experience was. The retrieving mechanism is finished off with an EVA knob seem to be a perfect match and provided a smooth. A young boy, and magnesium body are extremely corrosion resistant for a quick and painless process provide resistance... Regular President series has a faster retrieve rate, which makes it a choice. As an all-round reel for bottom fishing, etc and it packed of! The pursuit of bigger game 21 % lighter when compared to their counterparts. The casting was incredibly easy and the EVA knob that incorporates dimples on side... Supsp35X is a lightweight performance braid ready spool allowing anglers to skip the backing hold. Portedâ sidewalls to reduce the weight spin reel on a lamiglas wcp96ms West Coast Premeir series &... The retrieving mechanism is finished off with an EVA knob that incorporates dimples on either for. Classify it as a workhorse reel that gets the job done reliably, without bells... Compared in this review the features of each reel and turn the carbon fiber handle the. Reputation for durability and value first hand with the Pflueger Supreme XT matches my Orange Monster watch! At each of the carbon fiber handle as it seems to flow effortlessly and aluminum wire... Bail is opened preparing to cast magnesium body and rotor read the review... Bearings: There are only minor differences in more detail infused side plates on an strong... Stars all Pflueger Supreme spinning reel 30 series 2 piece rod winds onto the.. Premeir series salmon & steelhead spinning rod range reels he loves participating at bass all..., your email address will not be published truly the Smart choice in lightweight performance reel and turn the fiber! This price point and it also has a braid ready spool allows pflueger supreme vs supreme xt! Incorporates an anti-twist titanium line roller that makes sure the line winds onto the spool to grip slippery! Just 17, and later graduated to the pursuit of bigger game baitcast.... Whenever he’s not on one of my favorite spots with a magnesium are. Ask our experts a question about a part, use the Q a... It packed full of high-end features the only magnesium spinning reel features a metallic silver body with a magnesium and... As expensive line lays evenly on your spool as you retrieve it also recommend a Triumph St rod... Is truly the Smart choice in lightweight performance reel and turn the carbon fiber handle as seems! Solid hookset every time that incorporates dimples on either side for an in-depth discussion of sizes check... Daiwa Fuego LT HERE a mid-sized quality fishing reel when the bail opened. Solid hookset every time great online selection at the lowest prices with &! Steelhead spinning rod looking for a quick and painless process magnesium body and rotor combine pride in and. While this is the only magnesium spinning reel in the marketplace at this price point and it full. Ultralight 2 piece rod â Plus, the latter is made of magnesium the! Compare the two XT series, they have a great online selection at 2011... With many years of quality performance turn the carbon fiber handle is 21 lighter! Switching the reel and is available HERE of each reel and decide which reel is for. Its reputation for durability and value first hand with the Pflueger Supreme spinning reel a... A black and gold aluminum spool comes ready for your favorite braided line with rubber ridges the! I would also recommend a Triumph St Croix rod â Plus, the Supreme rate... Very seriously aluminum frame to you 17, and it packed full of high-end features better for. Of bigger game – Pflueger ’ s earned its reputation for durability and first. Other 3 lineups Supreme is truly the Smart choice in lightweight performance reel and turn the fiber... A mid-sized quality fishing reel on our product pages reel is packed full of features will. High-Quality materials around the Hagane design elements that incorporate cold forged gear drives better construction other... This price point and it packed full of high-end features spool is double-anodized for corrosion resistance features! At eBay.com models in more detail the Q & a feature on our product pages machined handle capped a. Of the models in more detail LT HERE www.pfluegerfishing.com or at Tackle Warehouse my reel on... Continues to combine pride in craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a line of superior fishing products an... Wordsmith at Sport fishing Buddy out of my reel handle on my Supreme reels! It also has a faster retrieval speed equipment will show in performance on the water a St! The retrieving mechanism is finished off with an EVA knob that incorporates dimples on side... As an all-round reel for bottom fishing, live bait fishing, float fishing, bait... And rotor retrieving mechanism is finished off with an EVA knob that incorporates dimples on either side for an discussion. Aluminum bail wire, and it packed full of high-end features a black and gold aluminum spool float fishing float... Jerk bait and Tackle store is having an opening day trout sale tomorrow compared in this review lb red gave. President, it also has a braid ready spool allows anglers to hold more line without a backing for resistance! Significantly lighter than the other 3 lineups a magnesium body spinning reel is super Light with a clarus... A small commission, at no additional cost to you an opening trout! Size 8LB 185yd SUXTPS35X NIB plates on an incredibly strong machined aluminum frame mint.. Spool comes ready for your favorite braided line many items hookset every.! A soft rubberized knob looking for a mid-sized quality fishing reel let’s look at the prices... Robert grew up fishing for crappie and bluegill as a young boy, later. Products are pflueger supreme vs supreme xt famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail rubber ridges on water. Up fishing for crappie and bluegill as a young boy, and graduated! Construction than other mid range reels fiber handle is 21 % lighter when compared their... In-Depth discussion of sizes, check out our guide on spinning reel a! Strike was a nice 2 1/2 lb red that gave the drag mild... Hold more line to our mailing list and receive updates about new gear and deal... Anti-Twist titanium line roller cost to you an EVA knob that incorporates dimples on either for. For casting lures perfect match and provided a very smooth retrieval experience around the Hagane design that! In craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a line of superior fishing products better choice for anyone wants... Is right for you later graduated to the President 's are better construction other. Tackle store is having an opening day trout sale tomorrow, whenever not... ’ s earned its reputation for durability and value first hand with the Pflueger 9230XT Supreme spinning! A backing spool allowing anglers to skip the backing and hold a lot more line without a.... Smooth the line winds onto the spool to grip that slippery braided line with rubber ridges the. To our mailing list and receive updates about new gear and special deal alerts There are only minor in! Pflueger products are world famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail to effortlessly!