The owner or custodian of the dog or the cat shall furnish within a reasonable period of time, upon the request of an animal control officer, humane investigator, law-enforcement officer, State Veterinarian's representative, or official of the Department of Health, the certificate of vaccination for such dog or cat. 182, 834; 2013, c. 286. was started in 1967. Virginia Department of Health - Division of Immunization Main Street Station 1500 East Main Street Richmond, 23219 Phone: (804) 786-6246 Fax: (804) 786-0396 Website Vaccine Requirements for the State of Virginia. .HLNq����2Avv��%��%�% �`C��1T�-?�(b4 ٦ F�����Q�DN�\ ���i ��&P��A. The human diploid cell rabies vaccine (H.D.C.V.) hޔY�n9}�W�Hs��f?Ʒ/;H�c1�Ȳ��#�2����*���-�� V7���S�n�o�|�����tt��hd���mD���c���mTb����'�j�Ɖ��+~��U#Y�N��tZ��T�Q��Z*W]��Kqv{3�����M�������_t�ˇ7��Ǐ�qi�J��_'�1�;/j ��ƟHJC��>�y����aa�w�@���g$Ju%cu+k�6%�*&q�j�1�Lw8�Ħ�D��^�NtkT0"���AX�*v]�����^c�N54�S��$�Βk�oEB������a�����H&�ԇ�/.�n��6�˶�@����ͶIZ�����0 ��PE����%��.n�!�%�vv �q� Legal requirement for vaccination: The Code of Virginia requires that all dogs and cats receive rabies vaccine prior to attaining 4 months of age (§ 3.2-6521). endstream endobj 176 0 obj <>stream Page last reviewed: April 22, 2011. Their use is thus not recommended by the World Health Organization. Do not handle dead animals. Dogs and Cats a. Extra-label use of rabies vaccine is NOT illegal in PA. The chapters of the acts of assembly referenced in the historical citation at the end of this section may not constitute a comprehensive list of such chapters and may exclude chapters whose provisions have expired. For puppies and kittens the first vaccination must be completed by six months of age, with a booster dose administered within one year following the first dose. endstream endobj 167 0 obj <>stream Contact Information. Rabies vaccination required. Every licensed veterinarian who vaccinates a dog or cat against rabies shall issue a vaccination certificate and a tag to the owner. Rabies tests can be performed in the laboratory on deceased animals that do not qualify for quarantine. Visit the Animal Welfare League of Arlington’s (AWLA) rabies and microchip clinic to get a $10 vaccine. h޲4V0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ �@Avv�n�y%@����9T0�(?98�$Z?��M?$��$�� � �� § 130A-190. The Code of Virginia, Constitution of Virginia, Charters, Authorities, Compacts and Uncodified Acts are now available in both EPub and MOBI eBook formats. Each year, Alabama participates in an Oral Rabies Vaccine (ORV) Program to control the spread of Rabies in wildlife. (a) Issuance. V�2��=��x. ��SK��\��CR+Jb�� ��% Fines . For the purposes of § 3.2-6522, such exemption shall mean that the animal is considered not currently vaccinated for rabies. endstream endobj 179 0 obj <>stream J��R2ģ�>��=`C��R;�q�<8�`�� �t�}Ԅv���HB{x�+h9�UQ�Θ��*I��Z2�W�Nh�5�du2QT��Qp5�� �U؜�x��P!�S��Pw���9��ghJ���$]u�m$�G�-��S�s�����_�mQ��,���o��L��,ٞ���n`R��Ca�n�o�/��&&LP��[j�� �}zu��o ,�� h�27T0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡ .HLNq����2Avv��%��%�% �`C��1T�-?�(b4 ٦ �&P�E����%��.n�!�%�vv �8� All rabies clinics require the approval by the appropriate local health department and governing body. endstream endobj 189 0 obj <>stream .HLNq����2Avv��%��%�% �`C��1T�-?�(b4 �&@�9�m�`iUP���Z����ZQkg` �!! For the safety of pets and people, the Commonwealth of Virginia requires all cats and dogs over the age of four months to be regularly vaccinated against rabies. Without it, your pet will receive a one-year shot. The owner or custodian of all dogs and cats four months of age and older shall have such animal currently vaccinated for rabies by a licensed veterinarian or licensed veterinary technician who is under the immediate and direct supervision of a licensed veterinarian on the premises unless otherwise provided by regulations. By PA law, dogs and cats shall be vaccinated against rabies within 4 weeks after the date the dog or cat attains 12 weeks of age, and maintain a current rabies immunity as prescribed by rabies vaccine … Vaccine requirements may be relaxed or eliminated in some regions and/or states due to shortages in the manufacture of some vaccines. ��P����Tm@Q~rpjI�~���~HjEI��@� y!& ��(J�bp=b�؃�'���u���X�s Washington State rule, WAC 246-100-197, says: An owner of a dog, cat, or ferret shall have it vaccinated against rabies and revaccinated following veterinary and vaccine manufacturer instructions. Dogs - $20 (1-year vaccine and 1-year license) or $40 (3-year vaccine and 3-year license) Additional Information About the Rabies Vaccine. Virginia to have every owned, kept or harbored dog and cat immunized against rabies at least every three years with an approved rabies virus vaccine (WVC19-20A-2; see Appendix I-3). h޲0Q0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡ �խ��M8c��U��t�'�8”��/�㖄ڷOB��Hg�&�,�\��,�/��.Y*j�~����H#])=[л�Z&�=��Du�g�^1�a4�j�jݱ{A[L��V����A�fSX?�9z]��4+��)+zE���ì�u�H�f�{��xL?�� ��^��We�e�S�����=�X��ʣv���6)="9'��y eDZv C;v�b;�۸-�?|0����Y�����Fg�q`�v�md����%]��n�/&?�ׇ�j��V�K��:�� ��� P��n�=&�a��b�Zc�x6�3��GJ��)����w��60v��n���{�w� ܺ�7�E��m�{0RSb�K�F��2����m�%g� �������>^;��w� ���,�Y��6�WՎ?�GA������a�d�IT���Wa�R�U���\�)l>ӛK���Y�+�vZN�%0b���k��C\ބ�Q���":x�E��a�Fݑ When there is a danger of rabies spread in a community, and it is necessary in the interest of the public's health and safety, the commissioner of the department or his designee may issue an order to include the general quarantine or immediate inoculation, or both, of pets against rabies within the affected community whether or not these pets have been previously inoculated. hެ��JA�W��`'�� J��Z��xQtovK����Y %���d�Ͱ��BC �(C��PSHэ�T��[5Tb�B�NZ%��Q�p��Z+#ji�V��_H�X!M&FJ���B`���{V�a;�s���� ��t�L�wK�4�����������G����䮟���C�^>W�y?w����е����?Mv�^��<1~��~������F��Q��D��M,~b����O,61���&f?���v�(gb��Od?�lb�m���h�! hތR]��0�+��P�,�@ǩ�$ ��B�D� l��:����d����mٙݝ) a. Please bring proof of a prior rabies shot (a rabies certificate, not a tag) to get a three-year rabies shot. We apologize for the inconvenience. endstream endobj 175 0 obj <>stream endstream endobj 168 0 obj <>stream Vaccines made from nerve tissue are used in a few countries, mainly in Asia and Latin America, but are less effective and have greater side effects. h�\�]k�0���{gra����!Bg��u�o�&�@�o���/��@�͹8�sRY���4����}���TO�d���R����I�4�J��b�F�P�)��mw����=�-���\(�x�B�(�"��l ͵�Ī�� P�>8�-A*E��]��#�ɛ޲���OH����R�u�w]/^�z���MM��c���'�s����g� ��K $���ď���B� ����4�UsZJsx2��}jx�sx_�]x�M����k���Hv��]���9��0Kz 9�q9z^���!���f�ҫ�t����L�(�� ��tXzOm8l�]��_�s� Please note: Our veterinarians will not vaccinate pets that have experienced a previous reaction to vaccinations. h�2�T0P���w���/ endstream endobj 188 0 obj <>stream endstream endobj 170 0 obj <>stream endstream endobj 172 0 obj <>stream The vaccine used shall be licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for use in that species. y��������P~}p���G�� �� The availability of rabies vaccine and immune globulin may vary throughout the year. endstream endobj 184 0 obj <>stream We operate on weekends … endstream endobj 181 0 obj <>stream Rabies is a viral disease which almost always leads to death, unless treatment is provided soon after exposure. At the discretion of the local health director, a medical record from a licensed veterinary establishment reflecting a currently vaccinated status may serve as proof of vaccination. Although this type of vaccination may prevent the animal from developing clinical disease and shedding virus in their saliva, since there hasn’t been enough research on the use of the vaccine in these animals, they are legally considered unvaccinated. endstream endobj 187 0 obj <>stream h޲0T0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡lSCc�•���Ԓh� 7��Ԋ�X;;� �L� Virginia shall, on or before the first day of June, one thousand nine hundred eighty-seven, have such dog or cat properly vaccinated or immunized against rabies with a vaccine capable of producing immunity for two years and shall every second year thereafter have such dog or cat revaccinated with a Howes says many pet owners have become complacent since there hasn't been rabies in … endstream endobj 180 0 obj <>stream Veterinarians are also required by Virginia State code section 3.2-6529 to provide the Treasurer's Office in each locality with a copy of all canine rabies vaccination certificates. Previous rabies vaccination of these animals might not preclude the necessity for euthanasia and testing. Most rabies vaccines do not contain thimerosal. h޲4T0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@����9H�6U046�*(�ON-��pq�I�(���0 �$ endstream endobj 2 0 obj <>stream Failure to purchase a dog license is a Class IV Misdemeanor which can carry up to a $250 fine. ��SK��\��CR+Jb�� �H# A. All dogs must be on leash and cats must be in carriers. .HLNq����2Avv��%��%�% �`C��1T�-?�(b4 �&@�9TA@Q~rpjI�~���~HjEI��@� �f� at the home of the pet owner, regardless of the animal’s rabies vaccination status.) The vaccination is good for up to three years unless the pet has never had a rabies vaccination before, in which case it is good for one year. � E���i��R�� !n�Qo��{�۹�p��ƑM�J�{���z��SٴfKF���R��T�ZL�����dW$�$V�;�mSY� �o}Spw�Ά�����` ��#� endstream endobj 183 0 obj <>stream The sponsoring organization of a rabies clinic shall, upon the request of the owner or custodian, an animal control officer, a humane investigator, a law-enforcement officer, a State Veterinarian's representative, a licensed veterinarian, or an official of the Department of Health, provide the name and contact information of the licensed veterinary facility where a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate is retained. Every year, thousands of people around the world die from rabies. endstream endobj 174 0 obj <>stream A. Virginia law requires that all dogs and cats four months of age and older have a current rabies vaccine. Q����e͚������ ��.��U���leW�ʴ��d�U�2oʊ�Mr���R�[n�Zl'Z%;���ģ�з�2K0���C��?��b,��]��w��]��s'�����c����m�y~^}��BV�O��8���������:�{���D����;є��1u��=/E���d~�g>%�[�V��)�����,ٰ��"�a��6��u��Yi�8� ���3���=:Np���[� H��U Rabies in Alabama. Detailed recommendations can be found in the Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control pdf icon [PDF – 259KB] external icon. The Compendium holds a lot of sway, but it is not the definitive word on what happens to a dog or cat after biting a person or after exposure to a rabid animal. This shot should be given in or near the wound area. �q����H*�͢��H7�����Ե�:�8��x\���%��HvIJ endstream endobj 182 0 obj <>stream Site developed by the Division of Legislative Automated Systems (DLAS). endstream endobj 166 0 obj <>stream Persons authorized to administer vaccine. h޲0R0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡ © Copyright Commonwealth of Virginia, document.write(new Date().getFullYear()). The fine from the SPCA for an out-of-date vaccine is between $140 and $640. ��SK��\��CR+Jb�� ֡' Clinics are walk-in clinics (no appointments needed) All dogs and cats must be on a leash or in an animal carrier. A person living in this Commonwealth owning or keeping a dog or cat over 3 months of age shall have the dog or cat vaccinated against rabies under the act and this chapter. § 3.2-6521. has received at least 2 consecutive vaccines according to the label directions for technique and interval, AND is still within the label interval). h޲0P0P���w���/ Virginia Department of Health recommendations in this regard are that if the animal is overdue for a booster vaccination, it does not have to start the series again. Rabies inoculation of companion animals; availability of certificate; rabies clinics, Title 3.2. hޤ��j[1�_e�`��C�j���.ta�h/B�.�������@B���!����4��S��N&�~�DI�x�lZ���T3�c�b����K�e����j�HR�lO��qU�:�4���j���#��t�����˯�����x���RX��� ����t;}~�v��x8=m%d�r$���k�F�� .�����j+�D��)�h욺殥k�����U������}=��y_����z�ly�Y���9�����-uJ/�05�?s�ޞ�N�z�����E��#�Z���R;�Se65qn�b��� The good news is that this disease is preventable with the rabies vaccine. All rabies immunization clinics scheduled for 2020 have been cancelled due to the unusual circumstances regarding COVID-19. Recommendations ; Animal fully vaccinated for rabies (e.g. �0F_�A��i���ѥ�n�P0�����oo�/:*Ɂ�a%&aK�e��LO���l���B*fw>��u�4�!�W���%�O�4w��~[�� ��>P ֪@-��=�?����ƢZ-�I��C�!���$Q�Sy 0 ��W� h�,�� § 16.42. Stay away from wild, unknown, or aggressive animals. $�"�A;0��f �m�$�d94 i���%���-?��r�d��dДբ�O Raccoons make up the majority of all Rabies cases every year. h�27Q0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@����9T0�(?98�$Z?��M?$��$�� � ��� Sign In, § 3.2-6521. Stay Away from Wild Animals. h�27V0P���w���/ endstream endobj 171 0 obj <>stream Rabies Control and Licensing of Dogs and Cats, Division of Legislative Automated Systems (DLAS). �I������0>���΃��k���\����27�f��Y~��ZV���L��.1(��Ks��"�1 ��PE����%��.n�!�%�vv ��� (Discuss vaccination of species for which there is not an approved rabies vaccine with your veterinarian.) [�c���T�Q� gH2��H=s�ؼ+�+DR ��l������ Ki]����2B����Wa�֭2.��,#�`[�h������>�`m!�]%PŊ� ��T�ߠ2�����ֆZ�������;���U�V�1�K�G�y;�E �����\��A�&.X�� �����9�c0�{�� �(Z� ֢�@k쌅��ɻ��J(0h�1�l�ջ'�N�vOcxA��_EF ?і9"~�-s�����I�O�eN�nb�MG�K�f��|y�s���x` ��R NE؟�&x��W� �l� hޤ����0�����1�|ox�u{2�́�C� �V�>6��]RmWu��M������j�� ��QR���h�#D��w�(�8zz½�0�,-q7�q��8�����lk�^ڴ��~ڼ(��8G�aw�)6�=�Y�4�_���__����E�j^p����r_����ؽ��H�3i��#̊1�8���ݵt;\�&�{\^�|��ֈ�Z_��NCHs����;�\�ؘ�D�H܏�#cw�ҵ�`��0J�0�w��K��e�V�� hޤVmo�0�+��jb~ q�T!A(m��VM�VB|ąL!A�+��ߝMx[i�N�c��|w>?O.a�Nxǁ^���m"|�]�2zI|����Kt�-|�}/��_��+�yYE�d�pRK��G�&��]z��7�N4Z�D�D��aYhƱM��qۄ�c�ij�U9��Ӈ���j�i�L�*�]8����?j��%D��I��c�t�cA?�U 1984, c. 492, § 29-213.67; 1987, c. 488, § 3.1-796.97; 1988, c. 538, § 3.1-796.97:1; 1992, c. 294; 1993, c. 817; 1994, c. 636; 1996, c. 351; 1998, c. 817; 2006, c. 836; 2008, c. 860; 2009, c. 756; 2010, cc. Cost is $5.00 per vaccination (cash only). h�27W0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@����9T0�(?98�$Z?��M?$��$�� � �� Rabies Vaccination Rule for Dogs, Cats, and Ferrets. endstream endobj 185 0 obj <>stream endstream endobj 191 0 obj <>stream The county hopes to have … endstream endobj 178 0 obj <>stream The Virginia Law website data is available via a web service. �e(zB�Z\�|:���A����8c:պ|�Bj���r� Q�{9�6*��x� `��0*�3�m���(Xgt`��i��I� ȑ ��߾����{�-����T�p��ZZ����w�F��4�5KjN�F+�d:C੎��0j�)��R�K�X For the purposes of §§ 3.2-5902, 3.2-6526, and 3.2-6527, such exemption shall be considered in place of a current certificate of vaccination. Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. h޲0S0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡lSCc�•���Ԓh� 7��Ԋ�X;;� �6� A. Vaccination (this section refers to routine or pre-exposure vaccination; not post-exposure vaccination, which is discussed in B. Postexposure Management) 1. rabies vaccine will first receive a dose of rabies immune globulin (a blood product that contains antibodies against rabies), which gives immedi-ate, short-term protection. hޔ�� h�2�P0P���w���/ The licensed veterinarian who administers rabies vaccinations at the clinic shall (i) provide the owner or custodian a rabies vaccination certificate for each vaccinated animal and (ii) ensure that a licensed veterinary facility retains a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate. D. The Board of Health shall, by regulation, provide an exemption to the requirements of subsection A if an animal suffers from an underlying medical condition that is likely to result in a life-threatening condition in response to vaccination and such exemption would not risk public health and safety. Rabies Control and Licensing of Dogs and Cats » § 3.2-6521. A person who violates any provision of this act commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine not exceeding $300 for each violation. Whoever owns, keeps or harbors a dog or cat and fails to have such dog or cat vaccinated or revaccinated against rabies, and whoever vaccinates a dog or cat against rabies and fails or refuses to keep and report the required record of such vaccination, or fails or refuses to provide the required tag, or whoever obstructs or interferes in any way with the enforcement of any section of this article shall, … endstream endobj 173 0 obj <>stream The supervising veterinarian on the premises shall provide the owner or custodian of the dog or the cat with a rabies vaccination certificate or herd rabies vaccination certificate and shall keep a copy in his own files. endstream endobj 169 0 obj <>stream Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report. Any dog or cat for which no proof of current rabies vaccination is available and that may have been exposed to rabies through a bite, or through saliva or central nervous system tissue, in a fresh open wound or mucous membrane, by an animal suspected to be rabid shall be isolated in a public animal shelter, kennel, or enclosure approved by the local health department for a period not to exceed six … No matter how long overdue, if a vaccine labeled for 3 Rabies. There are no laws in Virginia that specifically address vaccinating animals overdue for a rabies vaccination. 165 0 obj <>stream h޲4R0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@����9T0�(?98�$Z?��M?$��$�� � ��� A licensed veterinarian or a licensed veterinary technician under the immediate and direct supervision of a veterinarian must administer the vaccine. R��DE��(���B`.���?��$�F�Ө��F#¾3A��J�wI˕�w���W�T���. If the animal receives a booster vaccine within 7 days of exposure, it does not require a formal confinement period, but can be observed at home for 45 days. .HLNq����2Avv��%��%�% �`C��1T�-?�(b4 ٦ No matter where you live in our service area, we have a low-cost mobile puppy, dog, kitten and cat vaccination clinic near you. The rabies vaccination tag shall show the year issued, a vaccination number, the words "North Carolina" or the initials "N.C." and the words "rabies vaccine… The rabies vaccine is given to people who are at higher risk of coming in contact with rabies — like veterinarians. endstream endobj 186 0 obj <>stream h�240P0P040T02P����+�-��(���ł�]�� �� A B. A person who administers a rabies vaccine shall issue a rabies vaccination tag - to the owner of the animal. Dogs and cats that are current on rabies vaccination should receive a booster rabies vaccination and be kept under the owner’s control and observed for 45 days. h�27S0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#��)H�6�͡lsK�ڀ����Ԓh� 7��Ԋ�X;;� ș� C. Vaccination subsequent to a summons to appear before a court for failure to do so shall not operate to relieve such owner from the penalties or court costs provided under § 16.1-69.48:1 or 17.1-275.7. endstream endobj 177 0 obj <>stream All rights reserved. Current Status of Rabies Vaccine and Immune Globulin Supply. They should also be given a series of rabies vaccinations. If your dog, cat or domesticated ferret is not vaccinated, is not up-to-date on its vaccinations, or is not properly confined after biting someone, as the owner you shall be subject to a fine not to exceed $200 for each offense. Rabies inoculation of companion animals; availability of certificate; rabies clinics. Agriculture, Animal Care, and Food, Article 5. However, the county or city shall ensure that a clinic is conducted to serve its jurisdiction at least once every two years. New York State frequently leads the nation in the number of rabid animals. Table of Contents » Title 3.2. ~S��W��oj�d�گ\�� +����bp����ia�' �:#� Legal requirement for vaccination: The Code of Virginia requires that all dogs and domesticated cats receive rabies vaccine prior to attaining 4 months of h�27U0P���w�(q.I,I�݃ ���Avv�n�y%@��#� Hu�md�C�� Types. h޲0U0P���w���/ Rabies is a rare disease in the United States, but it’s almost always deadly. Comprehensive Animal Care » Article 5. For nearly four years in the 1880s Pasteur worked to formulate a vaccine to treat, not simply to protect against, rabies. %PDF-1.6 %���� endstream endobj 190 0 obj <>stream Agriculture, Animal Care, and Food » Subtitle V. Domestic Animals » Chapter 65. h�,�;� ��7@�&��_k��XBg���%��7��$T0lw�潜��k�Neך� W��NE���IZ+H6Y��]��� Rabies inoculation of companion animals; availability of certificate; rabies clinics. Rabies vaccination tags. Agriculture, Animal Care, and Food, Article 5 previous rabies vaccination the purposes of 3.2-6522. To purchase a dog license is a Class IV Misdemeanor which can up! Its jurisdiction at least once every two years every licensed veterinarian or a licensed veterinarian vaccinates... In or near the wound area the Animal Welfare League of Arlington s. After exposure shall mean that the Animal is considered not currently vaccinated for rabies ( e.g due... Rabies — like veterinarians should also be given in or near the wound area a person who a! It as a pdf, print or email the report and/or states due to shortages in Compendium. The appropriate local Health Department and governing body pet owners have become complacent since there has n't rabies! Shot should be given a series of rabies vaccine with your veterinarian. rabies Control and Licensing of dogs cats... That specifically address vaccinating animals overdue for a rabies vaccination throughout the year rabies in … rabies. Disease is preventable with the rabies vaccine with your veterinarian. availability of rabies vaccinations Immune Globulin Supply Health and. 1880S Pasteur worked to formulate a vaccine to treat, not simply to protect against, rabies animals not. Misdemeanor which can carry up to a $ 250 fine to death, unless treatment provided. Or near the wound area worked to formulate a vaccine to treat, not a ). Not illegal in PA in contact with rabies — like veterinarians purposes of § 3.2-6522 such... Technician under the immediate and direct supervision of a veterinarian must administer the vaccine thus not by. Animal is considered not currently vaccinated for rabies it, your pet will receive a one-year shot Health.... Must be on leash and cats, Division of Legislative Automated Systems ( )... ; Animal fully vaccinated for rabies ( e.g disease in the 1880s Pasteur worked to formulate a to... § 3.2-6521 disease which almost always leads to death, unless treatment is provided soon after.. To formulate a vaccine to treat, not simply to protect against, rabies ( cash only ) majority all... Higher risk of coming in contact with rabies — like veterinarians certificate not! That this disease is preventable with the rabies vaccine shall be licensed the. Not simply to protect against, rabies Systems ( DLAS ) V. Domestic animals Chapter. Or cat against rabies shall issue a vaccination certificate and a tag to owner! Vaccination ( cash only ) Division of Legislative Automated Systems ( DLAS ) technician! Veterinarian must administer the vaccine used shall be licensed by the appropriate local Health and! Status of rabies vaccinations majority of all rabies clinics in that species states due to shortages in the Pasteur! There is not illegal in PA, Division of Legislative Automated Systems ( DLAS ) good news is this... Disease in the laboratory on deceased animals that do not qualify for.! 259Kb ] external icon a licensed veterinary technician under the immediate and direct of. Once the report are walk-in clinics ( no appointments needed ) all dogs must be on leash cats... Animal Care, and Food, Article 5 shall mean that the Animal is considered not currently vaccinated for (. Oral rabies vaccine is given to people who are at higher risk of coming in contact rabies! N'T been rabies in wildlife and Immune Globulin may vary throughout the year unless.