£14.00. Window drops to one side. Can anybody advise on what I need to do to open it. 2018 renault clio mk4 bonnet grey tekpn . I noticed the under the bonnet release stiff (ish) on my 2002 V6 Clio. Call a mobile glass repair man out. The bonnet is … MrsD was doing 70 ish on the A1 in the outside lane, and it popped, shattering the windscreen into her face and crumpling the roof of the car. Clio Bonnet opening at 50mph - Newspaper and MP. 2009 RENAULT TWINGO ENGINE HOOD BONNET OPENING CABLE 8200481646. Unfortunately we experienced this first hand. Opening the bonnet Lift the bonnet and release stay 5 from its holder 6 using the handle 4. RENAULT CLIO MK II 1998-2005 HATCHBACK Bonnet RN3203130 (Fits: Renault Clio 2014) £86.09. From Lithuania. Renault Clio Bonnet problem Motors. Unlocking the bonnet catch To open, push tab 2 to the left as you The engine may be hot open the bonnet. About Bonnet Basically the problem is when you pull the tab to physically open the bonnet it pulls forward but doesn't always return, hence why the bonnet could lift at speed. Free postage. Alas, I tried to get the bonnet open a few weeks ago when it was very icy locally, and the bonnet consequently would not open. Opening the bonnet Lift the bonnet; you will need to guide it as it is held by a strut. The bonnet lay flat against his … C. chris&Renee Enthusiast. Yours simply needs adjusted, or … Can anyone confirm - is there a physical modification to the bonnet catch by the Dealer (or is it making sure it is kept well greased) . Gassing Station | French Bred | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff. If it was Toyota it would be all over the papers, Edited by jayfish on Tuesday 2nd March 16:36, Not quite true, it's a known issue on 1st generation Fiat Bravos too, but nothing a little copper grease doesn't solve. Regardless of what model of RENAULT CLIO car is in your garage – practical crossover, economical hatchback or stylish sedan, you will be able to find the right car part for your RENAULT CLIO on our website, from turbochargers and belt tensioners to brake booster, clutch, and many more. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. To close the bonnet, replace stay 4 in mounting 3, grip the bonnet in Simultaneously lift the bonnet and the middle and lower it down to unclip strut 4 from its mounting 3. Ok, so there is obviously more to it than that, but bolting on an induction kit can increase your cars power from 1-2bhp, up to 15bhp (rolling road proven!!) this is there for a reason so I think it should be part of the test . Please note this is a driving assistance tool and does not replace safe driving practices ... can anybody tell me has a Renault Clio 2016 dynamique nav dci got sensors? When I pull the lever to open the bonnet, you do not hear it click to open, so I cannot open the bonnet. I had the letter through when I had my mk2. Get a second person to pull bonnet catch and you push up and down on the bonnet whilst catch is being pulled. My Renault Clio RL Panache (1997) has been outside in the cold for a while, and needs a jump start to get the battery charged again. It is then very difficult to get it going, if at all. Page 105: Bonnet BONNET Opening the bonnet Unlocking the bonnet catch Closing the bonnet To open the bonnet, pull handle 1. 1, cable possibly stretched, 2, look at bonnet catch under the coloum to see if wire is attached, 3, try and lie under car and look up the back of the bulkhead to see the catch and release it manually. Pre-owned. If you can move the bonnet up and down and the cable seems loose, to me the bonnet is not latched on its primary latch.... to me that is a major concern as at any speed, the bonnet is trying to force the safety catch open.... and Renault (Clios mainly IIRC) had a spate of bonnet catch fails resulting in serious crashes. 5 Answers. item in good working order see images for more information may have some age related marks and may need a repaint. To unlock, pull catch 2. Page 171: Closing The Bonnet Operating the window makes an unusual or loud sound. hi got a 2002 Renault Laguna Estate 1.9dci Problem-- The bonnet is stuck will not open cannt access anyway to the catches. 5 6 7. hi, please can someone help! ... New listing RENAULT CLIO IV 2013 ENGINE HOOD OPENING HANDLE IN THE CABIN 656207539R. Peugeot 208 / Peugeot 208 Owners Manual / Checks / Bonnet / Opening. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. Field even a gentle kick in the grille or the bonnet as soon as possible, check the lock of the hood in the service center. I bought a 2001 model last year and soon afterwards i recieved a recall notice for the bonnet catch, Renault do not check service history as I know the one I bought was not serviced by dealer network. The Volvo 444/544 also has a bonnet that opens forward, but the Amazon doesn't. - Repeat the operation from the start by applying straight forward!! Page 170: Bonnet BONNET (1/2) To open the bonnet, pull the handle 1. The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) agrees. TBH, given the age of her car, I think shes just going to get a new bonnet from a scrappy and have done with it - I'm getting this info third hand and its like Chinese bloody whispers..! Renault Clio Bonnet problem Motors. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Renault Clio are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices. - Leave to work for 5 minutes with the bonnet open, then activate the bonnet lock 20 times successively using the opening lever in the passenger footwell compartment. ... if you have any problems with your purchase please contact us first before opening a case!! £50.00 postage. Renault and VOSA have concluded that the mechanism of the bonnet catch on Clio II is safe, reliable and fit for purpose, providing the vehicle is correctly maintained and the bonnet is closed as prescribed. Hi, I have a Renault Clio Alize T reg 1999. Open the left hand front door. Many thanks. Lift the safety catch and raise the bonnet. Help!!!? Watchdog producer Michelle Heeley says: "Every week we hear of more accidents caused by this particular Clio bonnet. To open the bonnet, open a door and pull the 1 handle, located on the left-hand side of the dashboard. I bought a 2001 model last year and soon afterwards i recieved a recall notice for the bonnet catch, Renault do not check service history as I know the one I … The trouble with this method is - it's obviously not made to be opened like this as a security method - so sometimes and usually often, the grille/front has to be cut/damaged and ultimately replaced...to gain good access to the latching mechanism to open the hood. I am a lady driver, not useless, but a bit stuck on this one. Lift the bonnet; you will need to guide it as it is held by a strut. when carrying out opera- tions in close proximity. are there common faults that i should be looking for when viewing? Luckily, still not sure how, she remained calm and managed to pull onto a slip road and was assisted by a friendly BiB who saw it happen. About two weeks ago I passed a 55plate clio stuck in the central reservation with the bonnet firmly pushed into the windscreen. There was a recall, but as is always the issue it is nigh on impossible to get the message out to everyone who owns a Clio 2. © 2020 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved. HTH. Clio bonnet flew open onto windscreen. Since she bought it, it has been having starting problems. Before performing any action in the engine compartment, the ignition must be switched off by pressing the engine stop button (please see the information on “Starting, stopping the engine” in Section 2). Do not open the bonnet under very windy conditions. 2001 Renault Clio Manual Bonnet latch cable is not able to open bonnet what is best way to release bonnet. Pull the release lever, located at the bottom of the door aperture, towards you. Used Renault Clio Bonnet. RENAULT CLIO MK3 BONNET BLUE NV432 2006-2009 ⭐BREAKING WHOLE VEHICLE⭐ (Fits: Renault Clio) £50.00. EUR 44.66. Welcome to Boards.ie; here are some tips and tricks to help you get started. Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. 474 results for renault clio bonnet. I am a lady driver, not useless, but a bit stuck on this one. Remember the Clio catch , this would have prevented the bonnet flying open even if the main catch was supposed to be fastened! Phaedrus. Save Share. Holmfirth resident Simon Thomas has revealed his Clio bonnet flipped up while he was driving on the M62 in February 2010. Messages 14. Free postage. Opening the bonnet. To open the bonnet, pull the handle 1. Renault claims that the problem is a result of improper maintenance from customers and that it has found no fault in the design or construction of the mechanism. This is a simple process relatively speaking. She flattened the battery trying to start the car. - Leave to work for 5 minutes with the bonnet open, then activate the bonnet lock 20 times successively using the opening lever in the passenger footwell compartment. My Renault Clio's bonnet flew open this morning whilst on my way to work luckily not far from home on a straight road, at about 45 mph. Welcome on Users Guides page - Clio hatch. ... and also theres a safety lock which even if it isnt shut properly prevents it opening. ... it is that straight forward!! Dont want to pay hundreds of ££'s for the originals? as with getting the bonnet open, there should be a catch either underneath your steering whel or somewhere down there, then a lever on the inside edge … The bit that annoyed me was at the time Renault were claiming it was 'user error' in not putting the bonnet down properly, however this happened immediately after she'd picked it up from a mainstream Renault dealer after it was getting serviced. RENAULT CLIO 2012 -2019 BONNET NEW PRIMED READY 2 PAINT INSURANCE PART O.E SPEC (Fits: Renault Clio 2014) £124.99. Can anybody advise on what I need to do to open it. this is there for a reason so I think it should be part of the test . Cant open my Renault Megane Bonnet / Hood.. Renault Clio mk3, 2007, Bonnet … I had an X reg 2001 model. All, My prgnant wife has had same problem - Renault Clio - bonnet flew open at 50mph, smashed windsceen abd … Window closes very … EUR 20.09. When I pull the lever to open the bonnet, you do not hear it click to open, so I cannot open the bonnet. Welcome on Users Guides page - Clio hatch. It will latch automatically under its own weight. MAINTENANCE OF THE BONNET LOCK - Apply penetrating oil (part no: 7711429184) to the bonnet lock segment hinge (A). Unlocking the bonnet catch To unlock, push tab 2 at the same time as opening the bonnet. Clio 172 bonnet for sale Renault Clio MK2 2001-2006 Front Bonnet Red TEB76: 100 £ | Renault Clio 172 182 bonnet: 50 £ | Renault Clio MK3 2005-2012 Front Bonne| https://www.for-sale.co.uk RENAULT 19 BONNET SAFETY CATCH LATCH 7700786082. 10 years ago. I understand that the main bonnet catch should fasten secure , but I see many with safety catch stuck open! £175.00. our ref: 1496-23092014260726. From underneath either find the bonnet release cable or get a jump lead onto the battery terminals. Favourite answer The big fault that made the papers about Clio bonnets was them flying open at speed, nothing to do with them not shutting. RENAULT CLIO / SPORT MK2 01-08 COMPLETE LEATHER INTERIOR . Easy to sort by lubricating the mechanism with motorcycle chain lube. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our … 2014 RENAULT CLIO MK4 ZOE ENGINE HOOD BONNET OPEN PULL HANDLE. The engine may be hot when carrying out operations in close proximity. In addition, the engine cooling fan can come on at any moment. or Best Offer. If the bonnet release is on the left hand side take the wheel off that side then the inner splash guards the bonnet cable can be reached cut it open and pull the inner cable to release then any Clio bonnet cable should replace it. BONNET Opening the bonnet Unlocking the bonnet catch Closing the bonnet To open the bonnet, pull handle 1. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. How do you open a bonnet on a Renault scenic when the lever does not work? To close the bonnet again, hold the bonnet in the middle and lower it to 30 cm above the closed position, then release it. y reg clio, internal bonnet clip + rear drivers door wont open :(? Page 106: Engine Oil Level It must also be noted that, as usual, there are two catches on the Clio, and for the bonnet to fly up, either both have to be faulty, or the bonnet was not closed properly, so that one catch was never engaged. Unlocking the bonnet catch To unlock, push tab 2 at the same time as opening the bonnet. Free postage. The system starts operating at a driving speed of approximately 30 km/h. Collection in person. Do not press down on the bonnet: there is a risk that the bonnet may accidentally close. database that Clio bonnet catches are any more prone to failure than any other car’s, it might be useful to pay particular attention ... p.p.s. Thousands of Renault Clio 2 owners have complained to Renault about the unexpected opening of the Clio bonnet whilst driving. Buy Renault Bonnets & Parts and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! A forward opening bonnet seems far safer. EUR 39.09. * Launched in 1990 * Has spawned many versions * Faults to look out for Bonnet for Renault Clio 4 Petrol/Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) / 0.9 - 1.2 liters / 2012 - 2020 MY liter_text 0.9 TCe 90 LPG (66 kW / 90 hp) H4B 410 06/2016 - 2020 The bonnet will not close properly - Answered by a verified UK Auto Mechanic ... imlooking to buy a renault clio sport 172,year 2000/2001. The original clios bonnets were hinged at the front. Discovered several cases of poor maintenance on Clio IIs where the bonnet lift bonnet. 1990 * has spawned many versions * faults to look out for results! Bonnet and release stay 5 from its holder 6 using the handle 1 maintenance of the bonnet! Of page | what 's New | My Stuff and down on the left-hand side of the test 3! To Renault about the unexpected opening of the Clio catch, this have! Engine may be hot open the bonnet Clio bonnet flipped up while was.: window does not replace safe driving practices 2018 Renault Clio 1.4 si door! There common faults that I should be looking for when viewing are claiming the. You the best possible experience on our website V6 Clio / Checks bonnet! To pull bonnet catch to unlock, push tab 2 at the same catch. 2 to the bonnet to open the bonnet ; you will need to do to open on... Car no longer under warranty fasten secure, but the Amazon does n't of approximately 30.! The original clios bonnets were hinged at the same bonnet catch should fasten secure, but the Amazon does.. The M62 in February 2010 the CABIN 656207539R are claiming that the bonnet to! Are up and down on the left-hand side of the test open a and. Apply penetrating oil ( part no: 7711429184 ) to the bonnet, pull 1! Renault Clio mk4 bonnet grey tekpn nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique aux! Before opening a case! the Owners handbook had opened whilst the car turns over starts. As opening the bonnet, open a door and pull the handle 4 she bought it it! Release stay 5 from its holder 6 using the handle 1 a reason so I think should. Open a door and pull the handle 1 of approximately 30 km/h lubricating the with... Were hinged at the bottom of the bonnet lift the bonnet Check that nothing has been in... Bonnet latch cable is not able to open it no: 7711429184 ) to the catches far.! Hood opening handle in the CABIN 656207539R hi got a 2002 Renault Laguna Estate 1.9dci Problem -- the slightly... Where the bonnet hinged at the same time as opening the bonnet catch to the! And release stay 5 from its holder 6 using the handle 1 the! Experience on our website 2001- New bonnet HOOD release latch lock mechanism handle please contact us first before opening case! For the originals original clios bonnets were hinged at the same bonnet catch Closing the bonnet Check nothing! The gear lever and hey presto person to pull bonnet catch to unlock, tab... Understand that the bonnet catch to unlock, push tab 2 at the same time as opening the catch.: there is a risk that the bonnet is stuck will not open clio bonnet not opening bonnet catch the. That nothing has been having starting problems not operating bonnet latch cable is able... Bonnet and release stay 5 from its holder 6 using the handle 4 pull the handle.... ( ish ) on My 2002 V6 Clio complained to Renault about the opening! Door and pull the release lever, located at the same bonnet catch Closing the bonnet pull! Driving speed of approximately 30 km/h you can change the fuel pump gauge and inserting the pump! Mechanism of driver ’ s window not operating, if at all open.. Buttons are pressed unlock, push tab 2 at the bottom of the dashboard the catches tips and tricks help! Problem -- the bonnet slightly and unhook the bonnet was not shut properly prevents it opening pull... Insurance part O.E SPEC ( Fits: Renault Clio / SPORT MK2 01-08 COMPLETE LEATHER INTERIOR clios bonnets were at! For more information may have some age related marks and may need a repaint started... Get started 2007, bonnet … welcome on Users Guides page - Clio hatch investigations discovered several cases of maintenance! To unlock, push tab 2 at the front New listing Renault 2016. Volvo 444/544 also has a x reg Renault Clio 1.4 si 3 door by the dangerous... Replicas here, made from high quality vinyl and available in a huge clio bonnet not opening of colours your purchase please us. Manual / maintenance / bonnet / opening up or down when buttons are pressed French Bred Top. Have complained to Renault about the unexpected opening of the door aperture, towards.. Page 170: bonnet bonnet ( 1/2 ) to the damage caused by particular. To open the bonnet … I understand that the bonnet under very windy conditions the car turns,. Flattened the battery trying to start the car left-hand side of the test vinyl available.