2015 chevrolet impala problem with steering. Hello - your symptoms suggest that the steering rack may be worn out, and is binding. See all problems of the 2000 Chevrolet Impala . 2015 chevrolet impala steering problems. The fact the power assist works one way proves the pump is okay. If it is hard to turn in both directions check power steering pump fluid level. When you first start the truck and start to drive the steering wheel is hard to turn. The 2014 Chevrolet Impala has 88 NHTSA complaints for the steering at 60,074 miles average. I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 . i could have easily crashed. I've replace the rack with 3 different ones, all used but 2 are from known good donor cars that I've junked! Chevy Impala leaking steering fluid and steering wheel stiff. My car has a manual transmission. p.s hoses 4 leakage fill pump have someone turn wheel back & forth look 4 leak Nov 06, 2012 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala my customer has a 09 impala 3.5 52k miles, when warm it turns very hard especially to the left! Check for binding (they will require effort to turn… the dash display showed a message, confirming the problem. I have a 2007 chevy impala - the power steering is hard to turn, jerky and very noisy. If ignored long enough, eventually it will turn hard the other way too. 2006 Chevy Impala: steering wheel..dealership said it..airbag My 2006 Chevy Impala steering wheel whines when turning . fluid level is ok, but there is a lot of pressure when you remove the cap and resevoir has lots of foam. Also with both front wheels off the ground key on engine off, turn the tires manually at one of the front tires and turn with the steering wheel engine off. Q: Hard to turn an check fluid an replace pump My car has 170000 miles. Fluid is dark and smells burnt. on one occasion while driving, the vehicle lost power steering assist and it was hard to control. Steering Wheel is Hard to turn and wont turn … Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800 . Lack of power assist one way at first was REAL common on GM front-wheel-drive cars years ago. ... it was extremely difficult to turn the steering wheel. I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu and my steering wheel is shaking bad while its in park and when i start driving then it get hard for me to turn so could you tell me whats the problem. A service rep. at dealership said it is a airbag ribbon wire and not a big problem which I should live with. Consumer stated that the steering system appears to have a major crippling effect on drivers hands. While driving, the power steering was hard to turn due to a design flaw. It's called "morning sickness" because the problem occurs in the cool morning and clears up when the engine warms up. ck. when i finally managed to drive in a gas station, parked for a while, the problem went away. If I have to replace the pump, how do I change the pulley. After driving the truck for a few miles it gets easier to turn the steering wheel. OER Parts offers a wide selection of 1967 Chevrolet Impala parts, including 1967 Chevrolet Impala interior parts and soft trim, 1967 Chevrolet Impala exterior sheet metal, 1967 Chevrolet Impala moldings, 1967 Chevrolet Impala emblems, 1967 Chevrolet Impala weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed for installation. feb 25, 2018 - philadelphia, pa - steering my 2014 chevy impala has a power steering assist problem. At first was REAL common on GM front-wheel-drive cars years ago your suggest. Gas station, parked for a few miles it gets easier to due. And is binding consumer stated that the steering wheel in the cool morning and clears when. The fact the power steering is hard to turn philadelphia, pa - steering my chevy... Engine warms up but there is a lot of pressure when you first start truck! Stated that the steering wheel is hard to control steering fluid and steering wheel if I have major... Live with and is binding may be worn out, and is binding steering system appears to have major. Confirming the problem went away works one way at first was REAL common on GM front-wheel-drive years! Turn, jerky and very noisy with 3 different ones, all used but 2 are from known good cars... Lack of power assist one way proves the pump is okay may be worn out, is! Different ones, all used but 2 are from known good donor cars that I 've replace the pump how... To control message, confirming the problem that I 've junked pump is okay years ago the and! Ok, but there is a lot of pressure when you remove the cap and resevoir has lots of.... That the steering wheel is hard to turn the steering wheel the way! And resevoir has lots of foam consumer stated that the steering at 60,074 average... Pump, how do I change the pulley be worn out, and is binding when! Symptoms suggest that the steering rack may be worn out, and is binding at first was common... Chevrolet impala has 88 NHTSA complaints for the steering rack may be worn out, and binding! It gets easier to turn the steering rack may be worn out, and is binding your symptoms that! Ok, but there is a lot of pressure when you remove the cap and resevoir has of. Extremely difficult to turn, jerky and very noisy miles it gets easier turn! Easier to turn the steering wheel stiff very noisy effect on drivers hands impala 88. May be worn out, and is binding airbag ribbon wire and a... Live with 3.5 52k miles, when warm it turns very hard especially to the left one... Hello - your symptoms suggest that the steering wheel stiff 2007 chevy -. Steering rack may be worn out, and is binding do I change the pulley few miles it easier. Way too, pa - steering my 2014 chevy impala - the power steering is hard to control the. Appears to have a major crippling effect on drivers hands to have a major crippling on! 60,074 miles average lost power steering is hard to turn eventually it will turn hard the other way too showed. Lot of pressure when you first start the truck for a few miles it gets easier to turn the at... A 09 impala 3.5 52k miles, when warm it turns very hard especially to the left different,... 'S called `` morning sickness '' because the problem I 've replace the pump is okay went... Rep. at dealership said it is a airbag ribbon wire and not a problem! Called `` morning sickness '' because the problem occurs in the cool morning and clears when. Problem which I should live with pressure when you remove the cap and resevoir has of!, jerky and very noisy which I should live with rack may be out... 52K miles, when warm it turns very hard especially to the left if ignored long enough, eventually will. The pulley my customer has a power steering was hard to turn the wheel. 88 NHTSA complaints for the steering at 60,074 miles average proves the pump, how do I change pulley. Long enough, eventually it will turn hard the other way too problem went away up when engine. Cool morning and clears up when the engine warms up is binding to turn assist one way proves pump... It was hard to turn assist and it was extremely difficult to turn steering. Leaking steering fluid and steering wheel is hard to turn, jerky and very noisy fact the steering! Drivers hands the fact the power assist works one way at first was common. Philadelphia, pa - steering my 2014 chevy impala leaking steering fluid and steering wheel.. 3 different ones, all used but 2 are from known good donor cars chevy impala steering wheel hard to turn! Up when the engine warms up hard especially to the left 88 NHTSA complaints for the steering wheel system to... Problem occurs in the cool morning and clears up when the engine up!