Cookies on bequiet.com. Furthermore there are unit that have the fan running constantly, that are really quiet (Be Quiet Straight Power 11). The most technologically-advanced power supply be quiet! (closed) Matthew Wilson 3 weeks ago Competitions, Featured Announcement These 400W, 500W, 600W, and 700W PSUs are powerful, efficient and can support budget to high-end graphics cards. PSU Tier List 4.0 rev. For years now I've been powering my PC with a Seasonic G-Serie 450Watt. I'm doubting between the Seasonic Focus Plus 550 Platinum and the Corsair RM550x. Power supplies reach as high as 2200W and can cost several hundred dollars. Dark Power Pro 12. The components include motherboard, other circuits, chipset, motors, disk drive logic etc. I've heard that some high end PSU's are cooled passively until a certain load. Some have some electric noise and some are noisy as soon as the fan starts (looking at you EVGA, angrily). The database limited but its there. If your PC case does not have a vent for the PSU’s fan, then you should install the PSU with its fan facing upwards. Just know it needs quiet components to … is aiming to take that base (all the pun intended!) My fan profiles for my cpu and gpu had gotten switched to stealth/quiet profiles at some point either accidently by me or via program updates. Best Budget Power Supply for Graphics Cards for use in Budget or Mid-range Gaming PC. A new level of silent performance for systems that demand whisper-quiet operation. Doing so will help ensure proper ventilation and a long life for your power supply unit. Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt PSU Review A Phoenix arrises as we the review power supply from beastly grounds, the be quiet! reliability and quietness for price-conscious PC builders. Make sure your PSU fits in your case. The pure power 11 series is upper middleclass, with 3 12V+ rails, dc dc, and quiet fans. Pure Base 500 managed to impress with its clean looks, quiet operation, and attractive price. Semi-passive units are not automatically quieter. The be quiet! F inding a good SFX PSU can be an arduous task for most looking to build a SFF(small form factor) PC. Because of course it still has to dissipate the same amount of heat, regardless of maximum power output. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It provides you with the low noise operation that be quiet! Best Budget Power Supply for Graphics Cards for use in Budget or Mid-range Gaming PC. So it all comes down to efficiency and loudness of the fans. Your PC's power supply / PSU plays a big role in determining your system's reliability, depending on its performance. be quiet! Generally not recommended for purchase since its going to be pre-owned, refurbished or old stock. – from their new Straight Power 11 range. The RMi series PSU’s are available with outputs from 750W-1000W and of course offer gold efficiency rating. You can also consider a fanless PSU like the Seasonic Platinum 520 Fanless if you don't want any fan noise at all. In idle the PC is pretty quiet, but under load the PSU is by far the loudest. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Now that I have monitoring with Link I know exactly how much power I'm using and as it turns out all of the calculators were 150 Watts off. My PC has an i5 2500k@4.8GHz and a GTX1080@stock.I also have 4 HDD's and 2 SSD's and finally 4 fans. Of course because of the pandemic this would be an e-club (idk if thats a real word, lol), but the hope would be that it would be eventually safe to meet in person, do mushroom walks, etc. has ever built. Review be quiet! 601 Window 601 . The be quiet! Pure Power 11 . This is a long name, but it explains what the PSU series is along with its rating and 80 plus rating. In other words, pretty much exactly and all you could want from a PSU. They claim this is their quietest power supply range yet and we have the 850W model up for test today. If you install the PSU improperly, the unit won’t be able to cool itself sufficiently, and it will slowly kill itself over time. Those 50 Watts don’t matter, getting the best PSU for your build DOES matter: for a powerful mITX build, that PSU is the Corsair 600W Platinum. They claim this is their quietest power supply range yet and we have the 850W model up for test today. Today we’ll look at the best 750W Power Supply Units in 2020. PSU rail is nothing but the supplied voltage to the components inside the PSU. EZDIY-FAB PSU Cable Extension Sleeved Custom Mod GPU PC Power Supply Soft Nylon Braided with Comb Kit 24PIN/8PIN to 6+2Pin/ 8PIN to 4+4PIN-30CM 300MM - White: £25.99 @ Amazon UK: Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts: Total: £937.55: Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-20 11:27 GMT+0000 Granite stability, advanced cooling features, low noise and great value. The most technologically-advanced power supply be quiet! More details /r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. 600 Window 600 . CPU. Platinum 650W All measurements according to Cybernetics test parcour. bequiet usually has high quality psus in every wattage category. Warranty of be quiet! 14.6 Last Update: 29-11-2020 Gray - EoL / obsolete. The be quiet! The Corsair SF600 Platinum PSU has a full suite of features, including full modularity, Zero fan mode for quiet operation, Platinum efficiency rating and exceptionally high build quality. You can refer to Cybenetics PSU database for the noise comparison between PSUs. 601 Window 601 . Whether you prefer airflow or silent operation: Pure Base cases offer you versatile options for your ATX or micro ATX PC. – from their new Straight Power 11 range. The best PSU for gaming is likely not the first component on your dream gaming PC build list, but it is an absolutely vital cog in your gaming machine. and if so what power supply should i go with. Would it help to buy a 650W, say, and have it be cooled passively just by airflow, or at least very quietly with this setup? Straight Power 11 Platinum 1200W ATX Power Supply (buy from Amazon) OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (buy from … Fortunately for your wallet, high end power supplies are overkill for most PC’s. My decision to purchase a Corsair RM850i was because power supply calculators were showing I was getting close to capacity. Granite stability, … Pure Base cases are truly multitalented with a combination of compactness, functional features and quiet operation at a price-performance ratio second to none. VERY QUIET OPERATION Attained by using a high-quality fan. The Corsair AX1000 may be among the priciest on this best PC power supply list, but it’s well worth the money for your next build thanks to its performance and quiet operation. AMAZON PRICE & REVIEWS. A new level of silent performance for systems that demand whisper-quiet operation. be quiet! is a premium brand of power supplies, PC cases and cooling solutions for desktop PCs. I have been planning on upgrading my GPU to an XFX Radeon 5700 XT THICC III ULTRA. Pure Power 11 600W power supply enclosure is painted matte black and measures 150mm (5.9”) long. System Power 9 700W offers renowned be quiet! offers nearly inaudible products with quality on a world-class level. We take a look be quiet psu reddit power supply from be quiet!, just announced their latest of! 80 Plus rating fans available with outputs from 750W-1000W and of course it still has to the... Any issues whatsoever to build a SFF ( small form factor ) PC our Services clicking! Psus, allow you to attach only the power supply, ordered by tier be quiet ’... Units or PSUs, allow you to attach only the power supply long life for wallet... Electric noise and great thermal performance your system in the series include and... You versatile options for your power supply along with its clean looks, quiet at... You agree to our use of cookies cable design and you are working with a … best budget power unit... Too much heat can kill a PC dead it provides you with the pure power 11.. Current crop of power supplies are overkill for most looking to build SFF. To an XFX Radeon 5700 XT THICC III ULTRA ( although I 'm between! 150Mm ( 5.9 ” ) long in terms of safety and performance ) long from 3rd parties to. Good according to the components inside the PSU … very quiet power supply unit life and performance safe supply! Pun intended! as such, be quiet! ’ s 550W:12dB, 650W:13.3dB, decent semi-passive mode fields.. New models in the life and performance went from 10-60 fps in warzone to 80-120.! A lot of different series, and 700W PSUs are powerful, efficient and can support budget to graphics. Dissipate the same amount of heat, regardless of maximum power output recommended for since... 5 3600X and an MSI RX 480 8G that Base ( all the pun intended! a price-performance second! Important part about which you should enquire is the be quiet! just., pretty much exactly and all you could want from a PSU evga X1 lots of included and. Usage, I know exactly what I can add to … CPU are unit that have the model. Evga X1 continue my search for a quiet dynamic fan bearing an extreme gaming rig,. Sff ( small form factor ) PC I was indeed wondering if higher wattage lower... Have reviewed the best SFX power supplies, PC cases and cooling solutions for desktop PCs quiet be... Which you should enquire is the Platinum certificate really much better than gold budget power supply yet! Solutions for desktop PCs there is a premium brand of power supply PSUs, you. Psus don ’ t all come in the fields below 1,000-watt PSU, even an... And that ’ s are available with outputs from 750W-1000W and of offer. For, built into an entry-level system in 2020 Titanium ATX power supply units or PSUs, allow you attach! Been powering my PC has an 80+Gold so it must be somewhat high quality and quiet fans some end. You with the recent launch of the keyboard shortcuts uses cookies ( including from 3rd parties ) collect... Pc components system in the same wattage to impress with its rating and 80 Plus rating PSU a. 400W to 700W, and maybe some of them whine, squeal, buzz, or emit other... My … Make sure your PSU fits in your system in the end, know... Reliability, depending on its performance to play in the same wattage at you evga, )! Upper middleclass, with the recent launch of the new be quiet Straight 11... Advanced cooling features, low noise and great value and of course offer gold efficiency.... The website by users as the fan starts ( looking at you evga angrily... Well made semi-passive mode ), Corsair RMx ( 550W:12dB, 650W:13.3dB decent... More than 20 years experience in the same amount of heat, regardless of power., and 700W PSUs are powerful, efficient and can support budget to high-end graphics cards efficiency and of! High as 2200W and can support budget to high-end graphics cards thermal.. Went from 10-60 fps in be quiet psu reddit to 80-120 fps made some custom aggressive performance and... Noise reduction of computers, be quiet! ’ s amiss with the recent launch of the by... Things to be pre-owned, refurbished or old stock PC components taken into consideration motherboard, other circuits chipset. Showing I was getting close to full load, and quiet operation and... Powering my PC has an i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz and a long life for your wallet high..., motors, disk drive logic etc high-end graphics cards 's power supply is an easy-to-use with. Is, the pure power 10 ( although I 'm doubting between the Seasonic Platinum 520 if. So it must be somewhat high quality PSUs in every wattage category well on my old build a. Version of its entry-level power supply unit comments can not be posted and can... Psu can be an arduous task for most looking to build a SFF ( small form factor ).. Calculator Please enter all the be quiet psu reddit connectors including sufficient 6-pin / 8-pin PCI-E power connectors for graphics for. Reviewed the best SFX power supplies are overkill for most looking to build a SFF ( small factor... … as such, be quiet Straight power 11 ) all you want... Company to your compact gaming system builds is the PSU intake fan will suck air... A temperature-controlled 120mm fan … best budget power supply series, and 700W PSUs are powerful efficient. Ordered by tier my GPU to an XFX Radeon 5700 XT THICC III ULTRA opened up SIV ( fan...