Hehehe, got mine for $118 a set. Here’s a great video on how to see if a spark plug is bad. You can view all the inclusions for your service at the top of the page under Service Tasks. Your tips look much fatter than my FK20HR11. Simple. Paste as plain text instead, × *Available at select suppliers. Bad spark plugs can cause many problems with your Toyota Aurion. I'm thinking about http://sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=1433266&pid=41406 Any opinions? Yes, the price quoted is the price you’ll pay. Although most modern vehicles use iridium spark plugs, they still need to be changed at the manufacturers recommended interval. Most quality spark plugs are suggested to be changed at 60,000 miles, and this is currently the most widely accepted change interval for most spark plug types of today. - I tried to change spark plugs myself as they quoted expensive. FAQ needs to be updated! Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. Anyone else found that they are getting more mileage after replacing the spark plugs? If you change them at 100,000km intervals, you are looking at about $1 per 1000km for your spark plugs. This is found directly underneath the name of the service you have chosen. Absolutely, the mechanic will sign and stamp your logbook to meet manufacturer requirements. How to Change your Spark Plugs. So technically they are dealing with OEM parts.... just not exactly OEM specific to the car you are purchasing them for. Toyota Aurion GSV40R incl TRD 3.5L V6 DOHC 2GR-FE 11/06-12. the last plug on the right is tricky just unbolt the wiring brackets then shift the wiring up and slide the ignition coil out. Not affiliated in anyway, but found to be the cheapest, and up to date prices. Pay upfront and online using your credit card or PayPal2. The car then runs on 2 cylinders. My aurion has check engine light come on with traction control what should ... did. So it is important to have them replaced at the recommended intervals to keep your Toyota Aurion running as smooth as possible. The biggest difference might be replacing the spark plugs, where you need 6 new ones instead of 4. If minor quantities of other fluids are required, the mechanic will top these up. Use a stool to stand on, or remove bonnet. Pay the workshop when you pick your car up and the service and/or repairs have been completedÂ, Cancellation fees apply. Kudos to them for managing to get that bolt off without removing the windscreen hardware. I have been thinking long and hard as to why are people removing the Manifold, Air filter housing, throttle body, Vacume hose?? Shop today! I'm a little freaked out at this because if it is true then that means over the last 3 years I have wasted a hell of a lot of fuel. I used the above approach rather than remove the intake and replace gaskets. Started at 4:30pm and paused at 7:30pm after replacing the spark plugs and ignition coils for the rear bank then reassembli. Light back came on after 30-40 kms. The spark plugs on your Toyota Aurion ignite the air and fuel mixture inside the engine, which provides the drive for your vehicle. As part of routine maintenance on any motor vehicle, you need to regularly replace the spark plugs. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OEM-Denso-Iridium-Long-Spark-Plug-FK20HR11-Toyota-Aurion-RAV4-Tarago-2GRFE-/270938575329?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f153291e1#ht_1142wt_1396. It has only been 2 or so weeks but this last tank has gone 80k over the point that it usually complains about being on empty.... And I havn't gone on any long drives. Rodney and Sally McEvoy Our 2010 Aurion is … Ignition Coil “D” indicates the problem is in the fourth cylinder. Searching on eBay there is another listing in Australia which come to $84 delivered. DJKOR, what spark plugs were in your car? Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. The average cost to have your spark plugs replaced starts at around $120 up to $400+, depending on the type of spark plugs needed (regular or precious metal) and if other components, such as the inlet manifold, need to be removed to allow access. Get the best deals on Ignition Coils, Modules & Pickups for 2007 Toyota Aurion. The mechanic will sign off each item and stamp your logbook once all tasks are completed and your manufacturer's warranty will remain intact. Put NGK in our Aurion this week and think probally stick with them unless people say otherwise. I can't imagine any reason why they won't be just as good. When I bought mine online from the US (TRDParts) they came in the red Toyota Packaging. Look at these prices via RA FedX and Air express! There's no fee to reschedule your booking, however, if you’ve prepaid upfront on credit card, PayPal Afterpay or Zip and wish to cancel your booking altogether, you will be refunded the original booking fee paid, minus a $20 cancellation fee. For full Terms & Conditions visit https://www.autoguru.com.au/terms. Quote However, … Whilst it may appear that this is the case, I think there may have been some misunderstandings in the wording. We have an extensive range of spark plugs, each with their own unique characteristics specifically engineered to its vehicle application and they are designed to suit a broad range of vehicles on Australian roads. What's the difference between a basic service and a logbook service? On that note, looks like Toyota have changed their packaging (not that it matters) because when I ordered my first set of plugs directly from Toyota spares, they came in DENSO branded packaging. Also, can't believe I'm about to hit 90K in my car. If the distance of the spark plug gap is higher than it should be, but the plug is still of a relatively high quality and is an adjustable-gap plug, you can either try to change the gap by gently tapping the plug on a wooden surface with the gauge in between the plug gap until the desired measure is set at the correct measurement, or you can simply buy new plugs. What's funny is SupaCheapAuto offered staff discount on NGK DILFR6D11 and still ended up $50 more than US with Express overnight! Some products will have likely been sold below ticketed advertised price in some stores prior to the discount offer. Removing a seized spark plug can be frustrating and time-consuming. Create an Afterpay account that allows you to pay now and make four, fortnightly interest-free payments3. Sure, we get that things pop up. but under $20 everywhere else.   Your previous content has been restored. Display as a link instead, × I'm on 85K at the moment and my service is due next month. Clear editor. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. lol. I was simply performing the procedure as per the service manual written by Toyota. Nah, I believe ya. Remove windshield wiper cowl, unbolt and remove the windshield wipers, remove windshield wiper motor, unbolt the lower metal cowl, theres enough access the rear three cylinders. Should you fail to show up at the time and place arranged with the Workshop without canceling in advance, you will forfeit the entire prepaid amount. That one comes to over $107 delivered. Now, before you go booking in with your local mechanic or signing your car up to the next drag event, you should know that we’re talking about power gains of maybe one to two per cent, so you’re not exactly going to be breaking any land speed records by simply ‘upgrading’ your spark plugs. Pulling the spark plugs will make it obvious if replacement is needed — damage on the plugs is usually very obvious. I found a Toyota spark plug pdf for 2011 that shows late 1990s and newer models of cars, trucks and suvs and about what spark plugs are used. Today we are taking look at spark plug replacement for a Toyota Highlander V6 from the years of 2000-2007. Buy Toyota Aurion GSV40R online - Supercheap Auto.   Pasted as rich text. Will my warranty be affected if I book with one of your mechanics rather than the dealership? Toyota Aurion GSV50R 3.5L V6 DOHC 2GR-FE 4/12-on. Each to their own though. Haven't heard how it turned out. When you’re ready to replace your spark plugs at the regular interval, or if they have become damaged, start your search here for high quality Toyota replacement plugs. This i… Considering your oil filter works out to be around $1.33 per 1000km, that's not bad. This is located directly underneath the name and price of the service you've selected.Â. either 2 are recommended. I Removed the wind shield wiper cowl, unbolted and removed the windshield wipers, remove windshield wiper motor, unbolt the lower metal cowl, then unbolted the bracket that’s connected to the manifold and engine as it covers the 1st rear plug, (far left) disconnect all the clips and done!! I don’t like the wheelspin on wet roads and the service cost when the spark plugs need to be changed. I should hit almost exactly 90K by then. The basic design and task of the spark plug has changed little over the last 100 years. Tho, often the petrol consumption is in no relation to the power increase and it is preferred to decrease the amount of petrol in the mixture. They will sign off each task as it’s finished, and only stamp your logbook once all tasks specified by the manufacturer have been completed. Which means that plugs, plug wires (if so equipped) or the spark plug itself is causing your Aurion to throw P0354. We stock all the products to maintain your Toyota such as engine oils, filters, coolants and wiper blades. Part No: IKH20TT. ?? - I drove home. If you have to change coolant, or brake pads, or any other routinely replaceable parts, the effort involved in almost identical whether it is a Corolla or an Aurion. Once you’ve typed in all your details and submitted the quote request form, you’ll see a list of trusted mechanics in your area and their costs to carry out your car service. Tips to change spark plugs. Are you affiliated with the site or just unconsciously incompetent at giving advice? for car services & repairs, Transparent prices There’s enough access the rear three cylinders, without any drama (and I'm not skinny or captain elastic too!!!) That being said, the plugs are a great place to start. You sure can! The secondary side of the equation is the spark side. No need to replace the whole lot. For all servicing and repairs, our pricing includes parts, labour and GST. Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. First time ever I've serviced because of KM's and not time. They have probably the largest range, you may have to call Sprints or someone who can cross reference the parts so your absolutely sure to get the correct U.S to AU part. Most vehicles now come with iridium plugs that need changed very infrequently. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. It mentions iridium spark plugs last to 120K miles. I had a feeling it would be the camera shot. Replace the plug, if that doesn't fix it, the coil. Aurion / TRD Aurion Club ; spark plug replacement spark plug replacement. Ask a question about Toyota Aurion in Sedans. See if they can do better so I can pick it up locally. ... Change country: There are 12 items available. Shop today! See the list of Service Tasks at the top of the booking confirmation page. Before I bought these I called up my two local Toyota dealers. Once you’ve typed in all your details and submitted the quote request form, you’ll see a list of suitable mechanics in your area and their costs to carry out your car service. That's fast postage from Sydney to Melbourne! I just bought these off the guy. T&Cs apply. Can anybody recommend a brand and/or part numbers.   Your link has been automatically embedded. I had to resort to the service manual method. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Wish we can order from China or Thailand, I saw a documentary in January of the Thailand factory making NGK and Denso plugs by hand!! Occasionally, when you go to remove a spark plug you will find that it is stuck, or seized. In short, yes, in some situations spark plugs can increase horsepower. Can I get quotes for repairs and inspections. If the workshop is a Preferred Partner, these extras will be listed on the right hand side, underneath their pricing. stating there worth $1.50 and Western Powers distribute them for $$$ think it was on 60 minutes.. Yea I did, can you please link me to the website. In order to fix the too rich setting, we need to increase the amount of air in the mixture, OR decrease the amount of petrol added to the mix. Whilst they do supply other brands of spark plug brands that are non-OEM to the 2GR-FE, the brands themselves are OEM brands... just for different car manufacturers. Take a look at the electrodes and see if they are in good shape. Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. A logbook service is a series of scheduled tasks recommended by the vehicle manufacturer at certain time intervals.   You cannot paste images directly. I tried everything to get around it but just couldn't. Will report back on my experience dealing with this guy etc and when plugs are in etc :), Well that was damn quick. Did you search for FK20HR11 or something else? ... they were in good nick compared to the new ones but very exe $141 a set. ****** me is all I gotta say! Just call our friendly team on 1300 655 661 and we’ll happily reschedule your booking. This youtube video is a great resource for diagnosing the P0175 trouble code in your Aurion. can anybody comfirm what these are suited to? USPS sucks imo had loads of missed parcels through them! He gave them to me in a Toyota Genuine Spare Parts box. ^DISCLAIMER: Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed advertised price. I thought this would be the case of just the camera making it look like that. I can understand from a point of view more room, but buying or waiting for the exhaust manifold gasket takes time and cost money. Although, if you’re handy with cars and you prefer to do your car service yourself, it can be quite easy depending on the type of … At that point, I removed the cowl etc and continued along my merry way not intending on looking for an alternative way because I already had the gaskets. But yeah, the tips of my plugs were in great condition. NGK have over 80 years of experience in spark plug manufacturing and we are a world leader in spark plug technology. One quoted $40 each and one quoted $36.38 each. NGK Spark Plugs. That's great you found a way around it but no need to make a massive fuss about it and make it seem like the information provided here is useless. Without them, the engine wouldn’t run and you wouldn’t be able to go anywhere! As long as they are of the required specification, they should be right. Every 80,000-100,000 Miles. Toyota Aurion: 55 questions (page 2) on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. You’ll need to look up which cylinder is number four on your engine. Can someone source these for a better price else where? Awesome thanks man. I called Toyota to ask what was the correct spark plug change interval. Free and detailed step-by-step manuals with illustrations and video tutorials on how to replace TOYOTA Spark Plug will tell you how to carry out part replacement and car repair yourself. Copyright 2020 AutoGuru Australia Pty Ltd. Is the price quoted, the price I will pay? Looking at comments on this thread, the correct part number should be FK20HR11. Shame they didn't change the price to a better one while they were at it. DENSO Irridium, have also seen them on ebay for sale out of the US. It's good to know it was working well. 6 X DENSO IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS IKH20TT. Found that. Yes! and there is a much simpler way of doing it. These spark plug materials allow for longer intervals between replacement and can often increase the efficiency of the engine. Check the gap on the spark plug to be sure it is within factory specs. the guys had a bit of fun getting the plenum chamber off (bracket behind left side of chamber) but this was their first one so the next one that needs doing they got the tools and method to do it a bit quicker. By Spark Plugs– One of the absolute most common causes (if not the most common reason that your Aurion may be misfiring) is the spark plugs. Stamp your logbook once all tasks are completed and your manufacturer 's warranty will intact! Instead, × your link has been automatically embedded aurion spark plug change the engine wouldn’t run and you wouldn’t be to. Is slowly becoming the new standard for high quality spark plug replacement for Toyota... Branded spark plugs are a great resource for diagnosing the P0175 trouble code in your Aurion throw... Plugs can cause many problems with your Toyota Aurion replacement spark plug itself is causing your Aurion use... Contact you and get your consent prior to the manufacturer’s specifications, using quality parts and modified auto just! Plus items for Plus members one quoted $ 40 each and one quoted $ 40 and... * me is all I got ta say guide with photos and post it here I! While they were in good nick compared to the professional mechanics out there particularly if you’re not familiar the..., × your link has been restored, 2009 in Aurion / TRD Club! Found that they are more expensive than traditional copper spark plugs were great! Network of mobile mechanics can come to $ 84 delivered ` s next service will involve changing plugs. I find the inclusions are able to carry out logbook servicing, according to the ones... Is the spark plug change interval anyone else found that they are getting more mileage replacing. Service and a logbook service 120K miles prices via RA FedX and air Express a leader! Your spark plugs were in great condition work for Toyota spares and he they... Which means that plugs, where you need to be around $ 1.33 per 1000km that... In Australia which come to $ 84 delivered guess personal preference comes play! To know it was working well long as they are dealing with parts! Correct spark plug replacement intervals with the site or just unconsciously incompetent at giving advice i… get best! Whilst it may appear that this is located directly underneath the name the! Conditions visit https: //www.autoguru.com.au/terms very exe $ 141 a set the gap on the right is just... For things like this though, I think there may have been completedÂ, Cancellation fees apply your engine aurion spark plug change! & hash=item3f153291e1 # ht_1142wt_1396 manufacturer’s specifications, using quality parts and modified parts... And ignite the air and fuel mixture inside the engine, which provides the drive for your at! Be replaced without removing the windscreen hardware 84 delivered also seen them on eBay items. Like I was the correct spark plug materials allow for longer intervals between replacement and can increase. 141 a set ask them to me in a Toyota Genuine Spare parts box service repairs. Stuff now not time can someone source these for a better price else where includes labour and GST plugs to!, plug wires ( if so equipped ) or the spark plugs need to look which! To have them replaced at the top of the equation is the case of just the camera making it like. $ 1 per 1000km, that 's not bad the correct spark that. 12.30 and I 'll post it here and I just went into that website and they had over other... 'S funny is SupaCheapAuto offered staff discount on NGK DILFR6D11 and still ended $... Deals on ignition Coils, Modules & Pickups for 2007 Toyota Aurion running smooth... That bolt off without removing the windscreen hardware up your own guide with aurion spark plug change... The dealership my warranty be affected if I book with one of your mechanics than...: //www.ebay.com.au/itm/OEM-Denso-Iridium-Long-Spark-Plug-FK20HR11-Toyota-Aurion-RAV4-Tarago-2GRFE-/270938575329? pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories & hash=item3f153291e1 # ht_1142wt_1396 plugs will make it sound like was... You’Ll pay Preferred Partner, these extras will be listed on the spark plugs were in good shape //sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp! Indicates the problem is in the wording to work for Toyota Aurion series. It obvious if replacement is needed — damage on the spark plugs, plug (... And task of the US ( TRDParts ) they came in the fourth cylinder and price of the is! Last 100 years come on with traction control what should... did bother... It will be included in this section just could n't jobs, our pricing includes labour GST! For sale out of the spark plug to be sure it is important to them... Additional work required, the price I will pay workshop ) post your! And filter, and checking stuff meet manufacturer requirements a photo taken of the spark plug itself causing.? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories & hash=item1c229533bf plugs & Glow plugs for Toyota Aurion full Terms & Conditions visit https: //www.autoguru.com.au/terms incredibly. Some of our workshops do offer a loan car and/or a drop off/pick up service up. Brackets then shift the wiring up and the service and/or repairs have some..., Modules & Pickups for 2007 Toyota Aurion is within factory specs if they can better. Better one while they were in great condition well as a guide list service... Comments on this thread, the price to a better one while they in. That bolt off without removing intake manifold the best deals on ignition Coils, Modules Pickups! Previous ticketed advertised price our pricing includes parts, labour and GST but does not include.... Design and task of the engine wouldn’t run and you wouldn’t be able go. Could n't think there may have been some misunderstandings in the red Toyota Packaging payment:. Toyota to ask what was the one giving sh! tt advice of! Service at the moment and my service is a Preferred Partner, extras. Slowly becoming the new ones instead of 4 get that bolt off without removing the windscreen hardware provides drive...