MikeHalloran (Mechanical) 17 Dec 08 20:18 Igniters have bolts that protect the spark-plug wells from outside contamination, but sometimes the igniter can malfunction, firing at the wrong time or in the wrong place. Any ideas? Then idleing she began to bog out. Spark plug fouling is a common cause of engine misfire. Has E3 plugs on it now, not even a month old. Will be checking plugs again soon. Cylinder #1 was running to lean for a little but. Overtime the seal between the valve cover and that spark plug tube can fail, causing oil to leak in and fill up around the spark plug and ignition coil. NOTHING else or you will have problems – over on the s10forum this is well documented. Removed #1 and #3 plug, both ends were melted, removed as much carbon build up and cleaned out plug hole. I had the same thing just happen to my car. Once you get the socket over the spark plug, place your hand over the head of the wrench, grasping the head firmly and pull the handle, hitting it gently with the palm of your hand to get it going. No power and wants to die. They just stop sparking sometime even if the plug is brand new, When I pull them out they are a good brown color. With just a slight amount of difference, the spark plug … On many COP-style engines the spark plug and ignition coil are mounted into a tube that is a part of the valve cover. Now it is running the same as before. This causes a misfire, a loss of power and fuel economy, and an increase in tailpipe hydrocarbon (HC) emissions. Spark plugs burning out. Here is why!The leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil is due to a worn or bad spark plug ignition cable.A bad spark plug ignition cable will have a much higher than normal resistance. I used autolite's before that, and they only lasted 2 1/2 weeks. Word of advise, having done a lot of these for people who have stripped out plug threads, never remove or install plugs on warm, much less hot engine. Was told due to low octane gas, this can happen and it happens often. This in turn can lead to spark plug … - posted in Vintage Ski Doo's: Well last year I put this question out there and I didn't get an answer to the problem, Here it is my old elite blow the spark plug when ever it idles, Its totally random left or right. [quote=”vtecboy” post=71612]hello, I drive a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse with the V6 engine… The spark plug wire on cylinder #6 keeps pooping out from the spark plug, the wire fits tight in the spark plug but it keeps popping off every 5 minutes of driving. Plug was passenger side rear plug. Spark plugs also can burn out, especially if the spark igniters are separate for each plug. A common malfunction is a wet spark plug. Like many automotive components, spark plugs don't last forever. I drive a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i. Once you have the plug in your hand, check out its various parts to look for tell-tale signs of trouble. When a vehicle engine is reluctant to start, it often means that the spark plugs need changing. Scary the first time, yeah, but if you follow directions, they are actually an improvement over threaded aluminum heads. 02 Buick Lesabre Naturally Aspirated option 2800 motor in it, Cylinder 3's plug keeps bending at the tip (Basically it keeps warping until the anode & cathode are making contact.) The plug comes out displaying a color that looks good to me so I dont think it's burning lean iether. First off the chev 2.2L should only have the delco $6 a plug plugs or NKG plugs. RE: keep on breaking spark plugs why? Use a spark plug wrench with an extender. When a spark plug becomes fouled for any reason, the spark plug will fail to fire and ignite the air/fuel mixture. I have a 97 Ford Explorer that has burned the spark plug electrode off which caused rough running. Why Spark Plugs … Did you just replace your burned out ignition coil to have your new one burn out too? 2ndly the nature of 1 coil pack firing 2 cyl at once means one fires on the compression stroke and other fires on the exhaust stroke to burn leftover gas mix to help emmisions. According to AA1Car.com, this occurs when the spark plug fails to fire, or fouls out…