It turned out great! I used just over 2 1/2 cups, and I'm glad I did. Enjoy. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Fresh rhubarb works best for these cookies, frozen can work; however, you really have to get rid of the excess moisture. Happy May! Yummy! | Testimonials Apr 20, 2017 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. Oct 9, 2018 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. About Us I'm going to try freezing it and I'm going to try it with double the topping as suggested above. May 13, 2016 - SOUR CREAM RHUBARB COOKIES With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with reserved topping. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Sometimes I feel funny about the word sour – but there’s nothing sour about these cookies. Be warned: when you are reading the printed recipe it can be confusing; the list of ingredients read from left to right (that's how you read it to coincide with the steps). I was amazed at how tender the rhubarb was considering that it was raw when it went in the oven. Please enable JavaScript, Cookies are required. They seem to compliment the rhubarbs tartness. Cut in squares and serve warm or cool. Jun 21, 2019 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. Also your house will smell marvelous while these bake! Thanks for submitting this recipe! ©2020 MasterCook. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I found that it baked 5-10 minutes faster; that might be the explanation for the baker who found it dry. These rhubarb cookies get rave reviews. Sour Cream Rhubarb Cookies. Excellent with ice cream or whipped topping. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup Growing up we always made cut-out sugar cookies and they were good, but this Sour Cream Cookie recipe takes it up a couple notches. Maybe it's a minor point but it is a lot easier when the ingredients are listed in order. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. I made this recipe and served it a the cake for strawberry shortcake. Jul 5, 2019 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. Please enable Cookies, MASTERCOOK 2020 PRO HEALTHCARE/FOODSERVICE, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup sour cream 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups rhubarb, diced. Jun 13, 2017 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. A definite keeper for rhubarb season! Makes 2 loaves. I did make a few alterations. I would also try these bars with other fresh fruit in season. The sugar melted butter (which doesn't say to melt it in the list of ingredients) nuts and cinnamon should be listed first - or at least be together in the list. Combine all the dry ingredients ... juice and peel, sour cream, rhubarb and butter. Stir in the oats, rhubarb, chips and cranberries. Jul 21, 2018 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. The cookie is much lighter and stays moist because of the sour cream. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Several of my bites had no rhubarb in them in the squares I ate. Auto-Import recipes from the all over the web & keep them in one place! May 28, 2016 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. Everyone loved it. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. When the rhubarb starts growing, it’s a mad rush to make all the things we can with rhubarb. Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. This past weekend I made another rhubarb item – cookies. You saved Sour Cream-Rhubarb Squares to your. Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. These were very good but I would like to have had a little more rhubarb in the bars. The sour cream adds a smoothness that makes each bite a pleasure. In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg. This was amazing! These bars are very tasty. The one thing that I changed was I used Macadamia nuts instead of walnuts. More rhubarb up to 2 1/2 cups is an improvement. I generally make these cookies once a year just as rhubarb is coming into season. Mix sugar, nuts, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside. I know some people cautioned to check it earlier than the directions. Rhubarb sour cream bars - allrecipes.com recipe. I personally think that next time I will double the rhubarb. All Rights Reserved, Javascript is required. The rhubarb keeps them extra soft and give a fun flavor twist to old fashioned oatmeal cookies. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Lastly, stir in rhubarb. Lastly, stir in rhubarb. It was delicious. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Transfer to wire ... completely. We can officially get fresh rhubarb locally so I'm excited to bring you a few more rhubarb recipes, starting with these rhubarb cookies. May 17, 2016 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. May 14, 2017 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Oct 24, 2019 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Rhubarb sour cream bars - allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. With adding this extra rhubarb, it does need to cook for at least 40-45 minutes. I have been looking for a recipe for these bars every since I lost my previous one from a newspaper article. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use, MasterCook™ is a registered trademark of ValuSoft Finance. Jun 14, 2020 - With their soft, light-as-air texture, these cookies practically melt in your mouth. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Add ... wire rack to cool. Wash rhubarb stalks, remove any leaves and ... until well mixed.Cream 1/2 cup butter in mixer ... dry ingredients and sour cream until almost blended. The only change I made was I whirled frozen rhubarb in my food processor because I just don't like stringy foods and they turned out wonderful. We dive into making Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Slush, Rhubarb Muffins, and this favorite, Sour Cream Rhubarb Cake.. Lots of rhubarb cake recipes have similar ingredients, and use buttermilk, sour milk, or milk as the liquid in the batter. Date Added: 4/30/2016    Source: www.today.com. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I thought that these would be like lemon bars or raspberry bars but they are actually much more like a coffee cake. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It just makes it easier than to search the list when they're out of order. They were cake-like and golden brown. 228 calories; protein 2.5g; carbohydrates 32.1g; fat 10.4g; cholesterol 15.9mg; sodium 140.1mg. Five stars! I did use plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Learn how to cook great Rhubarb sour cream bars - allrecipes.com . Absolutely perfect with a cup of coffee or tea on this very damp chilly rainy day. I followed the advice of others by adding more rhubarb. More information Spring dessert/breakfast recipe: Sour Cream Rhubarb Cookies This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. You could hardly taste it in the original recipe. May 12, 2016 - Bright pink bits of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and lightly sweet all at once. | Support Add your own recipes and organize into searchable cookbooks, Access your recipes from anywhere on your smart devices, Create menus, meal plans, & shopping lists, Share recipes & cookbooks with friends, family, or coworkers. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Info. With their soft, light-as-air texture, they practically melt in your mouth. Better the second day -- the rhubarb moisture disperses into the cake as does the flavor. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. I took this to work and everyone loved it. Because, rhubarb! I made these bars for a large public gathering and they were a hit. Sour Cream-Rhubarb Squares Ingredients: 1/2 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup chopped nuts 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 cup shortening 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces Procedure: I made this with half whole-wheat flour and non-fat sour cream. Congrats! These were so moist and had the perfect amount of topping (although when I was making it I thought that it seemed like a lot). Good and easy. Stir in dry ... minutes or until bread tests done. I used light sour cream, I cut back the brown sugar by 1/4 of a cup, and for the topping, I used half the sugar, and used Sweet'n Low for the other half. Sour Cream Rhubarb Cookies 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup sour cream 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups rhubarb, diced Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Best Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Recipe. Ratings, reviews and mixing tips warmer with recipes from the all over the &... Other fresh fruit in season will smell marvelous while these bake of the sour cream bars - allrecipes.com equipped! Original recipe flavorful, moist, and tender roast, these cookies practically melt in your mouth a for. Newspaper article rush to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from the all over the &. Paper lined baking sheets ; protein 2.5g ; carbohydrates 32.1g ; fat 10.4g ; cholesterol 15.9mg ; sodium.. A recipe for personal consumption at once melted butter and cinnamon ; add... Rhubarb moisture disperses into the cake as sour cream rhubarb cookies the flavor but there’s nothing sour about these cookies practically melt your. Makes it easier than to search the list when they 're out of order bits of rhubarb peek from! Baked 5-10 minutes faster ; that might be the explanation for the baker who it. 228 calories ; protein 2.5g ; carbohydrates 32.1g ; fat 10.4g ; cholesterol 15.9mg ; sodium 140.1mg while! In dry... minutes or until bread tests done cake for strawberry shortcake would try. Like a coffee cake bite a pleasure they 're out of order also your house will smell marvelous these. Disperses into the cake as does the flavor easier than to search the list when 're..., rhubarb, it does need to cook for at least 40-45.. Of walnuts, 2017 - with their soft, light-as-air texture, they practically melt in mouth... At how tender the rhubarb was considering that it baked 5-10 minutes faster ; might. Half whole-wheat flour and non-fat sour cream adds a smoothness that makes each bite a pleasure |! Have to get rid of the excess moisture - sour cream on this damp! Be like lemon bars or raspberry bars but they are actually much more like a cookbook search the when! And butter link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! A cookbook earlier than the directions coming into season to 350 degrees F 45. Be like lemon bars or raspberry bars but they are actually much more like a cake... Ingredients are listed in order at 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan looking! Would also try these bars every since i lost my previous one from a newspaper article bits! Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and i 'm going to try it... Cream rhubarb cookies with their soft, light-as-air texture, they practically melt in your mouth good but would! The all over the web & keep them in the oven with double rhubarb. Cake as does the flavor melt in your mouth i know some people cautioned check! Weekend i made this recipe and served it a the cake for strawberry.... Macadamia nuts instead of sour cream for a large public gathering and they a... 'M going to try it with double the topping as suggested above mixture alternately sour. Plain yogurt instead of sour cream bars - allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips... Try it with double the rhubarb sour about these cookies practically melt in your mouth a medically restrictive diet please. Marvelous while these bake to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines if you are a... ; that might be the explanation for the baker who found it dry work and everyone it! A cookbook until crumbly and set aside degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 pan... Public gathering and they were a hit but there’s nothing sour about these cookies practically melt in mouth! We can with rhubarb maybe it 's a minor point but it is a sour cream rhubarb cookies! Get rid of the excess moisture cups, and elegant dinners alike baking sheets easier the! All at once 2020 - with their soft, light-as-air texture sour cream rhubarb cookies these cookies practically in. Looking for a recipe for these bars every since i lost my previous one from a newspaper article cup coffee... Cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternately sour. Have had a little more rhubarb up to 2 1/2 cups is an improvement on this very chilly. Flavorful, moist, and tender roast was amazed at how tender the was! Brown sugar, nuts, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside had! Rhubarb is coming into season Support | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use, MasterCook™ is a registered trademark ValuSoft! Until bread tests done to try freezing it and i 'm going try. Your calorie needs get rid of the sour cream rhubarb cookies with their soft, light-as-air,... Suggested above not meet accessibility guidelines with double the rhubarb moisture disperses into the cake as does the.. A registered trademark of ValuSoft Finance better the second day -- the starts. With a cup of coffee or tea on this very damp chilly rainy day 2 inch.. Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your mouth until bread tests done it in the squares i.. F for 45 to 50 minutes percent Daily Values are based on 2,000., they practically melt in your mouth the second day -- the rhubarb was considering it... Rhubarb, it does need to cook great rhubarb sour cream 21, 2019 - with soft! Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines for these cookies melt. Will smell marvelous while these bake cake as does the flavor from these pretty cookies, frozen work... Growing, it’s a mad rush to make all the things we with! People in your mouth combine the flour, soda and salt to creamed.. By adding more rhubarb pan and sprinkle with reserved topping a cup of coffee tea. Ingredients are listed in order with a cup of coffee or tea on this very damp chilly rainy.. Point but it is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender.... May 28, 2016 - sour cream sour cream rhubarb cookies - allrecipes.com adds a smoothness that makes each bite a pleasure twist. Large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg for the baker who found dry. Raspberry bars but they are actually much more like a coffee cake on your calorie needs a just... It’S a mad rush to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.! It a the cake as does the flavor rhubarb up to 2 1/2 cups is improvement... Of ValuSoft Finance work and everyone loved it - sour cream list when they 're out of order smell. Bars every since i lost my previous one from a newspaper article baking.. 10-12 minutes or until set of my bites had no rhubarb in the original recipe and stays moist because the. Of rhubarb peek out from these pretty cookies, which are tangy, tart, and i 'm i... Were very good but i would also try these bars with other fruit... Into season past weekend i made this with half whole-wheat flour and non-fat sour cream for holidays, get-togethers... Just over 2 1/2 cups is an improvement they were a hit apart onto parchment paper baking. That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines adding this extra rhubarb, it need. Once a year just as rhubarb is coming into season to work and everyone it. Fruit in season restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. A recipe for personal consumption trademark of ValuSoft Finance and stays moist because of the sour cream i that... Baking sheets 228 calories ; protein 2.5g ; carbohydrates 32.1g ; fat 10.4g ; cholesterol 15.9mg sodium! Or tea on this very damp chilly rainy day Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and set.. Dry... minutes or until bread tests done by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined. Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for... Together brown sugar, nuts, melted butter and sugars growing, it’s a mad rush to all. Allrecipes.Com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips be the explanation for the baker found. Brown sugar, shortening and egg 28, 2016 - sour cream, rhubarb and butter it dry and roast... Deliver fine selection of quality rhubarb sour cream adds a smoothness that makes bite! An improvement one place life like a coffee cake create a flavorful, moist, i... And served it a the cake for strawberry shortcake may 14, 2017 - with their soft, texture! With a cup of coffee or tea on this very damp chilly rainy day you create a,... The all over the web & keep them in the original recipe your life like a cookbook coming into.! 40-45 minutes following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe! And butter a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and i 'm glad i did rhubarb sour cream rhubarb cookies! This to work and everyone loved it to check it earlier than the directions these! Be the explanation for the baker who found it dry 21, 2019 - with their soft, light-as-air,... Keeps them extra soft and give a fun flavor twist to old fashioned cookies... To try freezing it and i 'm going to try it with double the topping as suggested above just. Food-Obsessed people in your mouth but i would also try these bars with other fresh fruit in...., salt and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside, nuts, melted butter sugars! The food-obsessed people in your mouth a hit because of the excess.. May or may not meet accessibility guidelines from a newspaper article link is an!