Best Answer. :wacko: i'm lovin' this haha. I have a bit silly question, but will removing stickers from the laptop panel (Dell Inspiron sticker on the left side of the touchpad and Radeon & Intel sticker on the right) will affect my CAR warranty (European, country: Spain)? Your problem is not the sticker leaving residue, but your ThinkPad surface having changed over the year where it was exposed to sunlight, dust and abrasion, while the sticker protected it from all that. 2. How to Order an Intel Sticker for Computer or Laptop x. Use the sticker to pick up the rest of the glue by placing it back on and off the area until it's gone. Yeah, I remove it. This is perhaps the neatest way to remove stickers from your laptop. Then, pull the sticker up slowly from the peeled corner, pulling slowly until you've peeled off the entire sticker. Intel effectively pays computer manufacturers to put Intel stickers on their computers - companies receive discounts on Intel products or something. Actually, you can remove all of those stickers. To remove stickers from a laptop, start by using your fingernail or a credit card to peel up one corner of the sticker. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Then you mentioned crooked stickers. Thanks! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It is an aluminum housing. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Pulled the sticker off my XPS 15 with no issues. My MB (Hero XI) have preinstalled m.2 heatsinks. I remove them from almost all machines, I was going to leave them on my new E585 because you don't see AMD stickers that often. Is there any sort of serious consequence to removing any of these? One thing that really annoys me is the insistence of placing stickers on computers - Windows, Intel, whatever. I'm thinking about doing the same but I am unsure of how it will look or if I will like it. After a couple of … Close. Mine wasn't even straight, which was another reason I peeled it off. But nothing significant. Same here. I used it to remove the 'refurbished' sticker residue off of the outer casing and came out easily. I remove all stickers, most of them are placed where my palms go and in general just make it more difficult to clean the surface. Removal of stickers from laptops is not as easy as it seems. Removing stickers from my laptop. So far I've tried to nibble it off and oil. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Reply. Genuine Intel Core i5 Inside Case Badge Sticker (6th Generation) 18mm x 18mm. They are useless anyway. I remove it, there was initially the ghost of the sticker, but after about 2 months of use, it has gone away. Now, a ton of glue is left behind. Vakaris Member Posts: 1. £1.99. Anyone successfully remove this sticker? It's on a carbon fiber surface; does that matter? Yeah, I thought it might be due to the 420s' age. The sticker is a bit thicker and unfortunately does not move a bit. Be sure to use the lowest setting and point your hair dryer or heat gun directly at the sticker you wish to remove for 30-45 seconds at a time. Best way to remove intel stickers from cover of laptop Thread starter FuzzyWuzzy; Start date Sep 9, 2004; Status This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. For stubborn residue, try adding some dish … None of them are needed and they are only advertising the technology inside of your computer. All forum topics; Previous Topic; Next Topic ; Accepted Solutions AlHill. 0. Documentation Content Type Product Information & Documentation Article ID 000015039 Last Reviewed 10/05/2020 The Intel Inside® logo label is provided inside each Intel® Boxed Processor at the time of purchase. Free postage. Now if they had screws underneath to access any panels then yes they will see it as a sign that you dismantled your pc. I can get my nail under the corner easy on my 9360 so its not permanent. January 2015 in 2015 Archives. White or transparent. Posted by 3 years ago. 1. They are just stickers. Sometimes you might wonder how to remove stickers from laptop or just want to swap it out with a new one. Intel's ghost haunts my palm rest. If you think those are hard, try removing the massive Asus stickers with build info after a couple of years of use. On previous laptops, the sticker just peels right off. If they bother you, remove them, it … Free postage. I wonder if the A485 has an AMD sticker on it. Some stickers are useful, such as OEM licensing stickers that will be voided when remove. Decorate your laptops, water bottles, helmets, and cars. When you remove them, there will almost always be glue left on the computer. Remove Intel Sticker. I actually stick it on the bottom so it's not lost, but don't have to look at it. There's an Intel sticker that seems to be permanently attached to the laptop. I removed all stickers from my laptop, it was easy and didn't leave any residue. Joined Jan 24, 2004 Messages 753. Can i remove sticker on m.2 ssd to attach heatsink directly or this will cause warranty void? Good to know that I can remove them cleanly if I get a new machine. Obviously, I removed only the ones advertising that my laptop has an Intel Pentium processor or a NVIDIA processor, and that huge Acer sticker advertising the specs of my laptop. Thread Starter. I tried a plastic razor blade at first, didn't really work. Press J to jump to the feed. It made a slight difference. I noticed on the Lenovo website, the images of Thinkpads do not show any Intel stickers (see here), so why must users have to look at them? > Notebook Test, Laptop Test und News > Tests > Notebook Testberichte > MSI should really remove the 'Factory Seal' sticker from some of its laptops Autor: Allen Ngo, 6.12.2019 (Update: 16.12.2019) Does anyone have the ultimate tip on how to gently remove the sticker? or Best Offer. I've tried (for about 2 hours) rubbing it with a damp cloth. So, being the idiot I am, just tried yanking it off. Stickers aren't pointless, and the idea that AMD thinks that is crazy. If after you manage to remove the sticker there is residue left over, WD40 is your friend. Of course I left the stickers on the bottom containing my Windows product key and other information. Macbooks don't have these ugly stickers, but why does literally every other manufacturer insist on applying them? Intel pays OEMs to super glue those stickers in place so that people will know the Intel chip is in there. Does anyone have any recommendations for removing the Intel sticker from an XPS laptop? I bought a new ThinkPad recently and within a few weeks of ownership, I decided to remove it. Same for my car/truck. Without buying any cleaning solution, how can I remove the glue? MacBooks don't have the stickers because Apple refuses to participate in the program. Oddly enough I've added about 12 stickers to the lid over the time I've had that laptop. The "peel-off and apply" label is adhered to the backside of the Warranty Booklet. Why are these stickers so hard to peel off cleanly? No, unless they are crooked (which occasionally happens). All stickers and badging removed that are reasonable to do so. Archived. The best way to remove laptop stickers fast with the use of at least a hair dryer. It's lower left of the keyboard. If the stickers stays on the laptop for a long time, the printed material part will pull off from the glue and this will bring about much difficulty for the sticker glue to be removed. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. Maybe something to do with the heat of using the computer. Normally I don't bother removing the Intel sticker, but I had already broken out the alcohol to clean the gunk (and textured feel) from my 420s, so I decided to remove the Intel sticker while I was at it. There's an Intel sticker that seems to be permanently attached to the laptop. Putting a hair dryer relatively close to the sticker worked though. If your laptop is a relic, skip to the very last step to use a chemical removal method. User account menu. Do you remove the stickers from your laptops? Now I can't even lift an edge. Would my warranty be voided if I remove it? All stickers come off, nobody's paying me to advertise their shit. On previous laptops, the … Press J to jump to the feed. I had to break out the alcohol and masking tape, and to this day, the palm rest still feels slightly rubbery around the old sticker area. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I'll remove the sticker and have the laptop sent back in perfect condition. Although I completely removed all the glue residue, there is still a slightly more matte area where the sticker was, and even though I removed the sticker a couple of months ago, I can still see its shape. So, you try to peel your stickers off with your fingernail, or a thin plastic putty knife or a credit card, but all you get is half peeled-off stickers with sticky residue left behind. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site. This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. I don't want to mar the rubberized surface. I've got a hp Pavilion dv7 with a total of 4 stickers underneath the keyboard... (biggest is hp sticker with few symbols on it, 2nd biggest is one of those "scan box codes" or some ****.., and last 2 is Window 7 and Intel i5). Care to show the lid of your laptop? High quality laptop skins won’t leave any residue left after being removed. XPS Discussion. IBM and Lenovo ThinkPad laptop enthusiasts! January 2015 Accepted Answer. I removed all of mine except the intel i7 only because I like the holographic shiny part lol. I have a Pentium III sticker on my p51 in place of the xeon badge. Click & Collect. Not only does it give a cleaner look, you also don't get that annoying ghost of the sticker when you do remove it after a long period of time. I bough a DELL XPS 13 a few months ago. Normally I don't bother removing the Intel sticker, but I had already broken out the alcohol to clean the gunk (and textured feel) from my 420s, so I decided to remove the Intel sticker while I was at it. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. They didn't pay me to advertise, and I know what I bought. IronFly ACE Posts: 18,416 Trailblazer. It means that you can peel it off anytime without injuring the laptop body and change the skin anytime you wish. If there's any leftover residue, power off and unplug your computer before rubbing the residue off with a damp, lint-free cloth. The stickers are not going to stay fresh for more than a year or two, depending upon its quality. I do believe there is products that can help remove labels, but I am not sure if it is harmful to the carbon finish. Close Window. £1.99. Whilst I'm not sure about the latest Thinkpads, I know that you often see stickers for other internal components and features on laptops, but unless the machine is on a store shelf, what's the point, and even then, a card showing the specs could be used instead. I hate those intel stickers. Yep, they're gone now. Genuine Intel CORE Quad 2 inside Sticker PC Laptop Badge Logo 18mm X 24mm. 0 Kudos Share. On my 2 year old laptop there's still the Intel sticker, which I would now like to remove. I already bought the laptop and know it has an Intel CPU, so why the need to advertise that to me? i replace my stickers with Windows XP and Core Duo ones for added theft prevention. but i'll do it for $9.99 + shipping. If your hair dryer or heat gun puts out an uncomfortable amount of heat even at the lowest setting, reduce the amount of time for each pass, as too much heat can damage your laptop. Remove Intel Sticker. Decide which stickers to remove. Without running the carbon fiber? My Thinkpad is OK, but I've had some other stuff that had awful stickers that are not intended to be removed where the residue just contaminated everything I tried to use to remove it :/ Wasn't expensive computer hardware though, luckily. 1. F. FuzzyWuzzy. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The unofficial subreddit for Dell Technologies, Press J to jump to the feed. Click & Collect. I did not have any issues taking mine off (albeit on the xps 15, but its the same carbon fiber.). No it will not. Unique Intel Stickers designed and sold by artists. Genuine Intel Atom inside computer sticker PC laptop 2 Stickers £1.99. I feel that some of these stickers are stuck on with spite, rather than actual glue. At the moment, my only concern is whether the process will be messy or not. Are Intel paying manufacturers to apply the stickers? Log In Sign Up. Hi, My Acer Aspire V3-331 has an Intel inside sticket on top (under the keyboard, near a touchpad), but I don't really like it being there. Will removing the Intel inside sticker void my warranty? or Best Offer . XPS Discussion. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. And for the record, I have tried googling this. Intel has a much larger market share than AMD does, and that means more Intel stickers in people's view more of the time. Therefore, I am currently prepping my laptop to sell it. Why are the stickers there in the first place? Cookies help us deliver our Services. Apple is seemingly happy to charge a bit more for their laptops if it means there’s no sticker cluttering things up, but companies making cheaper computers … Get up to 50% off. Well, Lenovo prices are not exactly cheap, so I wish they would do the same on Thinkpads at the very least. Man, that sucks. I don't really trust myself with heat. Earlier this semester, I bought the ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700t tablet and just got the keyboard dock for it a couple days ago. The remaining patchy sticky glue part of …