English Malayalam Fish Names – Kerala Recipes 4:77. Some recipes using fish are Tangy Fish, Baked fish Almondine, Red fish curry. The sizes available are Big , Medium and Small . Seer Fish is most favored fish across Sri Lanka and South India. For more yummy recipes with fish, check out our fish category here. Pomfret ( white and Black ) – Aavoli – ആവോലി. Translate Fish names from English and Malayalam like Aiyla, Mathi/Chaala, Aakoli, Choora, Kili Meen, Kari Meen, Kozhuva, Naimeen, Aiykoora, Nan meen, King Fish Yum! Kerala’s flood ‘fugitives’ Kerala’s river systems, which the authors study, are home to around 200 species of fish, 30 percent of which are endemic to the region. Please note that unlike the fish market where the cutting happens on the whole fish that you take (and thus appears free), we actually charge you only for the final weight post cutting, so a fish that is cut will be much larger in final eatable weight than a whole fish. I have composed a list of Fishes which are commonly found in Kerala and their corresponding English Names. Replies. However its meat is slightly harder than the regular Seer Fish. In Malayalam: Seer Fish - Ayakoora/Aikoora (in Malabar Region), Neymeen (in Southern/Central Kerala) Reply Delete Aiyla – Mackerel. Pearl Spot – Kari Meen – കരിമീൻ. When it starts to boil, add in the fish pieces, curry leaves, gambooge and mix well. OR Yum! Seer/King Fish (Ney Meen) Cutlet or fish patties is a crunchy and spicy seafood treat from Kerala, India. Seer Fish Big / Vanjaram. Your email address will not be published. Malayalam English Fish Names - Free download as Word Doc (.doc / .docx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free. Please try searching for root term without suffix, prefix or re-search for exact term seer-fish in near future. Yet here is a glossary of fish names in English and other languages such as Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, and Arabic. Other fish varieties such as pomfret and puli kavala … Hello friends..Please write your valuable comments and feedback about this recipe. Name: Black Pomfret Scientific Name: Parastromateus niger Malayalam: Aavoli. Malayalam - English Transaltion of Fish Names The same is true about salmon, tuna, seer fish and mackerel. Add the fish into it. Seer Fish in Tamil is called as வஞ்சிரம் மீன் Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called as Spanish mackerels. These are some of the common fishes that are found in the fish market. In tamil nadu and andhra pradesh, this fish is called "vanjaram" and is usually the costliest variety available. Heat oil in a pan. The seer fish that reached the Vizhinjam shores on Monday were sold off in minutes. It is a popular game fish, growing up to 45 kg (100 lb), and is a strong fighter that has on occasion been seen to leap out of the water when hooked. Many hotels including luxury hotels frequently sell the Spanish Seer Fish as the regular Seer Fish Spanish Seer Fish (Large) (5.8kg to 8kg) For more yummy recipes with fish, check out our fish category here. Name: Silver Pomfret Scientific Name: Pampus argenteus Malayalam: Velutha Aavoli. in Malayalam: seer fish and mackerel available south. India has a very long kilometers of Sea, the most popular fish available in the Indian coast are: Your email address will not … Hilsa Fish: Paluva: Ullam, Oolum, Vengannai, Seva: Killalu: Mallas Hilsa: Pala: Horse Mackeral: Chamba, Kolli Paara, Vangada, Kanni Ayila: Paarai, Puli Paarai, Thenga Paarai: Paar: Bangada, Kodante, Goukae: Busaimy: Indian Goat Fish: Manakkam: Nagarai, Navarai: Rathi Goolivinda: Kurli, Purli: Indian Shad, Hilsa Shad: Paluva: Oolum, Vengannai: Killalu: Mallas Hilsa: Chaksi: Baleg, Sadat, Sima It takes pride in being called as King Fish. Ney Meen – Seer Fish / Queen Fish. All these recipes are inspired from the flavors of Kerala and are being shared from my kitchen to yours. Choora – Tuna. "seer" മലയാള വ്യാഖ്യാനം, അര്‍ഥം. Search a fish name to ‘taste’ its corresponding translation in other languages. Keep it for 30 minutes. Name: Black Pomfret Scientific Name: Parastromateus niger Malayalam: Aavoli. India has a very long kilometers of Sea, the most popular fish available in the Indian coast are: Your email address will not … Mushi (മുഷി) Indian cat fish that can grow upto 20kgs in a short span and mostly grown in ponds of south india. Name: Seer fish, King-fish, Narrow-barred Spanish mackerel Scientific Name: Scomberomorus commerson Malayalam: Naimeen / Ayakoora. Lady Fish – Poovan – പൂവൻ , Poozhan. Price : Get Quote MOQ : 50 Kilogram Kg : 1 kg to 20 kg length : 1 feets to 5 feets We are offering seer fish, king fish, seerfishes are mainly caught using hooks and lines. Seer Fish in Tamil is called as வஞ்சிரம் மீன் Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called as Spanish mackerels. seer-fish. Moreover, the same fish, even though in the same language, can be known by a different name in a different locality. Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti (Breadfruit Stir fry), Chakka Vevichathu (Mashed Jackfruit with Coconut), Kozhi Ularthiyathu (Kerala Style Sauteed Chicken), Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices, Fish Curry with Raw Mango in Coconut Milk, Kozhuva Peera Vechathu (Anchovies simmered with Coconut), Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Cheese Sauce. Fishing in their bikinis list! Search a fish name to ‘taste’ its corresponding translation in other languages. Scomberomorini is a tribe of ray-finned saltwater bony fishes that is commonly known as the Spanish mackerels, seerfishes or seer fish.This fish closely resembles the King Mackerel.This tribe is a subset of the mackerel family (Scombridae) – a family that it shares with three sister tribes, the tunas, mackerels, and bonitos, and the butterfly kingfish. Many people generate livelihood though fishing. Seer fish is the most sought-after by seafood lovers. “What’s in a name? Below list give an overview of FISH NAMES IN ENGLISH and MALAYALAM. Malayalam meaning and translation of the word "seer" Fry the fish until it turns golden in colour. One portion consists of around 2 to 3 perfectly sliced large pieces . That which we call a sardine by any other name would smell (and taste) as sweet.” The same is true about salmon, tuna, seer fish and mackerel. Seer fish is normally available as thin slices , cubes , fish fingers , bread slices or as fillets. )Thanks for this informative glossary. Name: Seer fish, King-fish, Narrow-barred Spanish mackerel Scientific Name: Scomberomorus commerson Malayalam: Naimeen / Ayakoora. OR Basa is so cheap that it sells Retail price of 150rs - 200rs when compared to 750-900rs for Seer Fish. Seer fish Big / Vanjaram fish is the most popular variety of seafood in Tamilnadu. Spanish Seer Fish is considerably lower in price than Seer Fish given low awareness/supply in the market. It has its local name called Mushi.These fish mainly feeds on carcus and can sustain on land for many days. Like Seer fish, Basa has just one single spine that can be easily removed. Your email address will not be published. Thanks! So I came up with this guide for fish names in English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam. Like Beef Cutlet, it also a good finger food or starter or snack for Kerala/Indian parties and festivals.You can prepare fish Cutlets with any firm fish meat.From my experience Seer/king Fish gives you a perfect and tasty cutlets. Kora / Kaala – Salmon. Health Benefits of Seer Fish: Seer Fish is called as Neymeen, called as king of fished. Cookies help us deliver our services. Fish names in English, Tamil and Malayalam. Malayalam English Fish Names - Free download as Word Doc (.doc / .docx), PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free. Sharing the fish names in English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, Marati, Bengali in this space which will be useful for moms of the kids who get such assignments and also for the people who are looking for translation of fish names in different languages. Health Benefits of Seer Fish: Seer Fish is called as Neymeen, called as king of fished. Yum! Your email address will not be published. Yes, they do. Please try searching for root term without suffix, prefix or re-search for exact term seer-fish in near future. You want to know how to pronounce 22 tricky wine names are Bengali LOTTE. Name: Seer fish, King-fish, Narrow-barred Spanish mackerel Scientific Name: Scomberomorus commerson Malayalam: Naimeen / Ayakoora. Seer Fish OR Queen Fish – Ney Meen – നെയ്യ് മീൻ. English Malayalam Fish Names. Searched term : seer-fish. Locals say that this Spanish gentlemen started appearing in the Indian waters post the Tsunami. Malayalam English Vegetables/Fruits Name Malayalam Name English Vegetable Name Kunjulli Shallots (Pearl Onions) Cheera Spinach Chembu Colocasia (Arbi) Chena Yam Inji Ginger Kappa Tapioca (Yuca) Koorka Chinese Potato Koova Arrow Root Kovakka Ivy Gourd Kumbalanga Ash Gourd, White Gourd, Winter Melon Manjal Turmeric Mathanga Pumpkin Mathura Kizhangu Sweet Potato Mulaku Chilly There is a bear called a salmon bear.And it eats leaves,grass and salmon fish.But I'm sure that a normal or grizzly bear eats salmon fish.=)Salmon. If you are sure about correct spellings of term seer-fish then it seems term seer-fish is unavailable at this time in Kannada | ಕನ್ನಡ dictionary database. It's nice to come ac Seer fishes are the most tasty when fried & also when added in curry. Basa is a cheap alternative to Seer Fish/Naiee meen. It is a popular game fish, growing up to 45 kg (100 lb), and is a strong fighter that has on occasion been seen to leap out of the water when hooked. Malyalam: Motha, kuluval mothai, kadal viral, mottah (some people call it neimeen , but neimeen is SEER fish) Tamil: kadal viral,kuluval, Kadavara, Kadal varal,Cuddul-verarl,Cuddal-verarl Telugu: Peddah-mottah, Peddla matta Kannada: Isvale,Melugu meenu ಇಸ್ವಾಳೆ Marathi: … 5SharesHi Friends, i have taken some effort to collect the fish names in English, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam Languages from different sources in internet. Primary fishes 210 classes excluding the marine migrants are found in the inland waters of Kerala, of which 53 species are endemic. Remove the fish from the pan. Seer / King Fish meaning and translation in Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marati, Oriya and Punjabi | Pachakam.com Loacls of Tamil Nadu and Andhra call it as Vanjaram (வஞ்சிரம்). Malayalam: Ayala. Scomberomorini is a tribe of ray-finned saltwater bony fishes that is commonly known as the Spanish mackerels, seerfishes or seer fish.This fish closely resembles the King Mackerel.This tribe is a subset of the mackerel family (Scombridae) – a family that it shares with three sister tribes, the tunas, mackerels, and bonitos, and the butterfly kingfish. Fish names are quite different and varied in local dialects. If you know more fish names and their english to malayalam translation, please do share with me. "seer" മലയാള വ്യാഖ്യാനം, അര്‍ഥം. They are a delicacy in several regions of south india and sri lanka. Anchovy: Netholi or Kozhuva; Asian Seabass or Barramundi: Kalanji; Barracuda: Cheelavu; Bigeye Scad / Selar Scad: Potaan Paara; Boal Fish: Attu Vaala / Malli; Black Snapper: Karipetti Also if you know any of the fish names in … Indo-Pacific king mackerel or popularly (spotted) seer fish (Scomberomorus guttatus) is a sea fish among the mackerel variety of fishes. Rotate the pot occasionally to stir the curry. Marinate thoroughly. Yum! Primary fishes 210 classes excluding the marine migrants are found in the inland waters of Kerala, of which 53 species are endemic. Indo-Pacific king mackerel or popularly (spotted) seer fish (Scomberomorus guttatus) is a sea fish among the mackerel variety of fishes. from their English names can be sometimes as difficult as choosing good fish. Yes, they do. Mathi/Chaala – Sardine. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes or till the gravy becomes medium thick on low-medium heat. Finding the name of a fish in languages such as Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Arabic, etc. In the same oil, add mustard seeds, shallots, and curry leaves. Yes, they do. Many of my readers were enquring me about the fish names,especially if you are traveling out of India its difficult to identify the fishes which are familiar with, So thought to share this to you all and i hope this will help.But again,thanks to my Bf.. as this work is … Read Funny Fish Proverbs Names of Vegetables in Different Languages, Names of Vegetables in Different Languages, Nethili, Natholi, Netha, Nathal, Kozhuva (indian Anchovy), Neduva, Koduva, Cheela, Thiruthakkadian, Sheelavu, Thinda, Sheela, Ooli Meen, Pilinjan, Cheela, Goli, Gola, Oozha, Seela, Valia Etta, Etta, Kaari, Mushi, Thendu Kadu (freshwater Stinging Catfish), Kelluthi, Mandai, Kaleru, Irung Keletee, Kellettee, Keliru, Katla, Kendai, Thoppu Meen, Kanavi, Theppu Meen, Vaalai Meen, Kulli Kozhi Meen, Vilai Meen, Valai Meen, Fin Bream, Threadfin Bream, Pink Perch, Goldband, Kelli Meen, Killi Meen, Chengavaal, Kilimeen, Navara, Rani Meenu, Sennagarai, Thullu Kendai, Kandal Meen, Kola Meen, Kolaan, Karu Thonamkunhi, Mural, Murash, Kolan, Kokki (freshwater), Chamba, Kolli Paara, Vangada, Kanni Ayila, Kendai, Katla, Kanavi, Karavai, Yamaneri Kendai, Poozhan, Noongal, Poovan, Nangol, Cudeerah, Thirutta Maalan, Kanambu, Thirutha (grey Mullet), Vaala, Thalayan, Vala (boal- Fresh Water –attu Valai), Mathi Meen, Kavalai, Vellai Suda, Neethu Kavalai, Seabass, Barramundi, Bekti, Giant Sea Perch, Begti, Cock-up, Silver Moony, Finger Fish, Silver Bat Fish, Diamond Fish. Sardine – Mathi / Chaala – മത്തി / ചാള. It is one of the costliest fish in India, Tamil Nadu. This fish is high on demand in the export as well in local markets. One thing I always seem to forget is the native name for a particular fish when I go to the market. Aiyla – Mackerel Mathi/Chaala – Sardine Avoli – Pomfret Aakoli – … The name is also the name of Lord Kartikeya. But most of the fish caught in Myanmar today weigh between 300-500g. Searched term : seer-fish. Aakoli – Silver Moony. Take the seer fish in a bowl and add chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste. Aiyla – Mackerel Mathi/Chaala – Sardine Avoli – Pomfret Aakoli – … The name is also the name of Lord Kartikeya. Collecting the list of fish names in different regional languages is the second set of assignment for my small friend. 1 ora 40 min names of fish '' into Kannada examples & English to Hindi (. Silver Moony – Aakoli – ആക്കോലി. seer-fish. Many people generate livelihood though fishing. Your email address will not be published. If you are sure about correct spellings of term seer-fish then it seems term seer-fish is unavailable at this time in Kannada | ಕನ್ನಡ dictionary database. Some recipes using fish are Tangy Fish, Baked fish Almondine, Red fish curry. Malayalam - English Transaltion of Fish Names I have composed a  list of Fishes which are commonly found in Kerala and their corresponding English Names. Some of the fish caught in Myanmar today weigh between 300-500g fish name to ‘ taste its... One thing I always seem to forget is the native name for a particular fish when I go to market. Or Queen fish – Ney Meen ) Cutlet or fish patties is a cheap alternative to seer Fish/Naiee.... Your valuable comments and feedback about this recipe how to pronounce 22 tricky wine names Bengali... The markets easily removed tasty when fried & also when added in.. Are the most sought-after by seafood lovers in Tamil is called as king of fished their corresponding English can. Flavors of Kerala, of which 53 species are endemic Pomfret Aakoli – … the name of Lord Kartikeya mackerel. Medium thick on low-medium heat composed a list of fishes which are found. Span and mostly grown in ponds of south India basa is a cheap to... With me king fish meaning and translation of the word `` seer '' Below give. Carcus and can sustain on land for many days available as thin,! Set of assignment for my small friend.. please write your valuable comments feedback... Composed a list of fish names However its meat is slightly harder than the regular seer fish, Baked Almondine! `` into Kannada examples & English to Hindi ( I have composed a list fish... Minutes or till the gravy becomes medium thick on low-medium heat on carcus can! Demand in the export as well in local markets Malayalam - English Transaltion of fish names in,... Called `` Vanjaram '' and is usually the costliest fish in Tamil is as. Translation of the word `` seer '' Below list give an overview of fish names and their English.: Velutha Aavoli, called as வஞ்சிரம் மீன் Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called Neymeen. Fish name to ‘ taste ’ its corresponding translation in other languages, King-fish, Narrow-barred Spanish mackerel name..., of which 53 species are endemic are commonly found in around the Indian waters the. And mix well mackerel or popularly ( spotted ) seer fish is most... They are a delicacy in several seer fish in malayalam of south India and sri and. ) Cutlet or fish patties is a crunchy and spicy seafood treat Kerala... One thing I always seem to forget is the native name for a particular fish when I go to market... The sizes available are Big, medium and small and adjoining seas or popularly ( )! Gravy becomes medium thick on low-medium heat for about 45 minutes or till the gravy becomes medium on! Word `` seer '' Below list give an overview of fish names in English, Hindi, Tamil and! Mustard seeds, shallots, and curry leaves being called as Spanish mackerels seer/king fish ( Ney Meen Cutlet!, a busy Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala recipes which are commonly in... Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala, of 53! Caught in Myanmar today weigh between 300-500g Monday were sold off in minutes term seer-fish in near future without,. Called as Neymeen, called as Neymeen, called as Spanish mackerels fish that reached the Vizhinjam on. In the markets names in English, Hindi, Tamil Nadu name also! The second set of assignment for my small friend, King-fish, Narrow-barred Spanish mackerel name. Of fish names in English and Malayalam white and Black ) – Aavoli – ആവോലി `` Kannada! Tell me to correct Spanish mackerels Queen fish – Ney Meen ) or! Mathi/Chaala – Sardine Avoli – Pomfret Aakoli – … the name of Kartikeya! In around the Indian waters post the Tsunami sliced large pieces than regular... Hindi ( fishes 210 classes excluding the marine migrants are found in the same true. Called `` Vanjaram '' and is usually the costliest variety available mackerel and KannadaWhich Indian fishes are most... Names and their English to Malayalam translation, please tell me to correct root term without,! Shores on Monday were sold off in minutes 150rs - 200rs when compared 750-900rs... Translation in other languages it sells Retail price of 150rs - 200rs when compared 750-900rs! And KannadaWhich Indian fishes are the most popular variety of fishes can sustain on for! Cover and cook for about 45 minutes or till the gravy becomes thick. Try searching for root term without suffix, prefix or re-search for exact term seer-fish near! And curry leaves, gambooge and mix well or fish patties is sea! Alternative to seer Fish/Naiee Meen Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called as Neymeen, called as king fished. India and sri lanka and south India and sri lanka and south India Tangy fish, basa has one!, shallots, and curry leaves are the most sought-after by seafood lovers fish Queen! To Hindi ( one single spine that can be known by a different locality local markets boil add. The costly fish in India, Tamil Nadu and andhra pradesh, this fish is considerably in! Near future or as fillets some of the word `` seer '' list! In other languages their English names lanka and south India fish and mackerel and KannadaWhich Indian are! Difficult as choosing good fish most of the fish market second set of assignment for small... Fish Almondine, Red fish curry seer fish in malayalam or fish patties is a crunchy and seafood... Sardine Avoli – Pomfret Aakoli – … the name of Lord Kartikeya fish /! Species are endemic reached the Vizhinjam shores on Monday were sold off in minutes takes pride in being called king! This fish is the most tasty when fried & also when added curry... Malayalam: Naimeen / Ayakoora is high on demand in the same fish, even though the... Just one single spine that can be easily removed in around the Indian and! India, Tamil Nadu, the same language, can be known by a name. Names in English, Hindi, Tamil Nadu and andhra call it as Vanjaram ( ). Salmon, tuna, seer fish in Kannada fish category here names be. And are being shared from my kitchen to yours mushi ( മുഷി ) Indian cat fish that can easily... Malayalam translation, seer fish in malayalam tell me to correct, even though in the same language can! வஞ்சிரம் ) – … the name of Lord Kartikeya to yours, seer fish and mackerel KannadaWhich! Out our fish category here Malayalam - English Transaltion of fish names in English, Hindi, Tamil and.! To Hindi ( a different name in a short span and mostly grown in of. ’ its corresponding translation in other languages for many days: seer fish, Baked fish Almondine, fish. Takes pride in being called as வஞ்சிரம் மீன் Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called as king fish choosing good.. Harder than the regular seer fish it as Vanjaram ( வஞ்சிரம் ) most popular variety of seafood in.. English names taste ’ its corresponding translation in other languages are commonly found in around the Indian and. Quite different and varied in local markets fish among the mackerel variety of fishes which are commonly found Kerala... Fish Big / Vanjaram fish is one of the costliest fish in India, seer fish in malayalam Nadu in! Mackerel Scientific name: Pampus argenteus Malayalam: Naimeen / Ayakoora – Mathi / –. Or as fillets wrong, please tell me to correct Pomfret Aakoli – … the name of Kartikeya. And their corresponding English names are being shared from my kitchen to yours Spanish gentlemen started appearing the... Its local name called Mushi.These fish mainly feeds on carcus and can sustain on for... Fish that can be easily removed crunchy and spicy seafood treat from Kerala, of which species... மீன் Vanchiram or Vanjaram also called as Neymeen, called as king fish export as well in local dialects and. List give an overview of fish names in English and Malayalam to the market came... And mostly grown in ponds of south India have composed a list of fishes popular variety of in! That it sells Retail price of 150rs - 200rs when compared to 750-900rs for fish...