For 100% CPU loading with a 1080Ti running, you can consume close to 450W. Hiya, So I am currently on a GTX 970 at 1080p 60hz. When the FPG is shorter and the RMX is longer with a bigger fan, wouldn't it result in shorter lifespan of a product due to heat concentrated in the PSU? Seasonic was the forerunner of creating the very first 80 PLUS ® Gold certified power supply on the market and since that time it has built a very popular Gold series lineup that covers a full power range of power supplies with impeccable performance and efficiency. Typos.. . Seasonic is a premium brand manufacturer of consumer and industrial power supplies with extensive experience in creating the highest quality products. SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 550W and 650W: OC Club (ru) May 8, 2018: Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 750W: Tom's Hardware May 6, 2018: SeaSonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W: OC Club (ru) Apr 4, 2018: Seasonic SSR-1000TR: Tom's Hardware Mar 29, 2018: Seasonic Prime Titanium 600W: GinjFo (fr) Fans: 1 x 120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan It is the FOCUS Plus line we are looking at today… this is … Cable-free Connection Design Seasonic’s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. Press J to jump to the feed. 108 votes, 45 comments. Seasonic FOCUS GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application, SSR-750FX. Why? The FOCUS GM 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX Power Supply from Seasonic is designed to provide high-end systems with clean, continuous power. Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop. The reason Iam considering 650W and 550 is that I like that Corsair is able to turn itself off for weaker systems even under full load, but dont know if the 20Eur price difference is worth it. [Power Supply] Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold Full Modular $69.99 ($89.99 - $20 MIR) Planning on building a computer but need some advice? A community for links to products that are on sale at various websites … [PSU] Seasonic Focus Plus Gold VS Corsair RMX Solved! Seasonic's 750W Focus Plus Platinum is a true bargain in the $110 range. The FOCUS GX achieves 80 PLUS ® Gold certification with its 90 % efficiency at 50 % system load. The FOCUS PLUS is fully modular and is available in both 80 PLUS Gold and Platinum ranges. (This   also counts for focus based PSUs like Antec Earthwatts and Asus Strix, with the exception of the nzxt-e and the new Focus GM, GX, PX and SGX lines (it meets 2.52 atx, which require hardware changes. Brand new from amazon would cost $99+tax or shipping so mine is just slightly discounted. 80 PLUS ® Gold. At this price tag (110 bucks) the Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 is … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. What do you think Seasonic Focus Plus 650W against Corsair RM650X, which is 22Eur more expensive but features longer design alongside with bigger thus quiter fan. I'm trying to upgrade my current build ( Not changing ram or case or buying an SSD) for a while. It's built with a 120mm cooling fan and utilizes Seasonic's Smart and Silent Fan Control to keep it operating quietly and efficiently. By Aris Mpitziopoulos 28 November 2017. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Seasonic FOCUS SGX-500, 500W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, SFX-L Form Factor. This is the place to ask! The Seasonic Focus line has been suffering major criticism on the PSU subforum lately. Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850 PSU Review. Looking to upgrade to 1440p 144hz early next year. Now I have athlon x4 750k, GTX 660 OC, 12Gb DDR3, FM2A88Xm-hd3. All the usual Seasonic goodness is promised today. Hi guys, have a brand new power supply that I've never opened. The highly efficient 80 PLUS ® Gold certification guarantees greater than 87 %, 90 % and 87 % efficiency at 20 %, 50 % and 100 % operating loads, respectively. Seasonic FOCUS GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application, SSR-650FX. Seasonic say these units have a 10 year warranty … Completed Builds Using SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply . I'm intending to go for an RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be worse value. And now, do I have to change my Seasonic Focus Gold for an other PSU even if mine works well ? Seasonic Focus GM-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Semi-Modular - $129.99: 20 days ago: amazon: Seasonic Focus GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular - $139.99: 20 days ago: amazon: Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000, 1000W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular - $169.99: 17 days ago: newegg: Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular - $129.99: 17 days ago: amazon Both are excellent. Welcome to r/Hardwareswap, a community and marketplace for buying, selling, and trading all sorts of PC Hardware. Shares. 764k members in the buildapcsales community. However, the PSUs that most users will buy belong to the more affordable FOCUS family. Since both are top notch...get the cheaper one. .. . Press J to jump to the feed. 80 Plus Gold, DC to DC conversion, 3% regulation (which is considerably looser than the Prime units), reliable parts, and a nice long warranty to name a few. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Fans: 120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan Seasonic FOCUS GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control in Fanless, Silent, and Cooling Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for … My PC never loads more than 130W and 85~100W averge for all days (I checked on my UPS display). FOCUS PLUS Gold. Crafted for Superior Performance CABLE-FREE CONNECTION DESIGN Seasonic’s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. Just selling because I ended up getting a Corsair 600w PSU and I can no longer return this item. The result of this development is the solid FOCUS+ Series, which implements modern design and shows outstanding electrical performance. The Focus Plus Gold also have a semi passive mode (which unlike Corsair's can be turned off). It's a good point, FPG seems to be the choice now, but only one more question. Seasonic | Power Supply for Computer JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the RULES and other guides on the WIKI, Don't see a pm, but I think I sent you one, More posts from the hardwareswap community. It is very important than you read the wiki located in the sidebar for safe trading procedures.Reading our rules and guides is the best and most proven way to prevent getting scammed! Do you want to trade your unused computer part for something you will use? Buy Seasonic Focus GM-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Semi-Modular, Fits All ATX Systems, Fan Control in Silent and Cooling Mode, 7 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application: Everything Else - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases The semi-modular design allows you to connect the cables you need and store the rest for less cable clutter and improved airflow. I recently came up for some money and realized that I could potentially get a cpu that can stream and a GPU that can game and will last me 5 years plus. Seasonic's Prime PSUs are its flagships. . It is being provided to help potential trade partners have more immediate background information about with whom they are swapping. It offers superb overall performance, is quiet, employs fully modular cabling, and fits in a compact enclosure. Just get the cheaper one. This item Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850 Gold SSR-850FX 850W 80+ Gold ATX12V & EPS12V Full Modular 120mm FDB Fan Compact 140 mm Size Power Supply. What do you think Seasonic Focus Plus 650W against Corsair RM650X, which is 22Eur more expensive … . I know this thread is about Ultra platinum. Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Fan Full Modular Power Supply 10 Year Warranty PS-TPD-0850FNFAGU-1. The Seasonic G-series product range contains many of the essential functions that high-end consumers require, such as 80 PLUS® Gold certification, Energy Star qualification, superior output voltage variation rate (less than 3 %), Sea Sonic’s S2FC fan control and a 120 mm fluid dynamic bearing fan to ensure optimal cooling and super low noise. The FOCUS Plus 750 Gold … So platinum PSU is worth it, at least in Cali or move to cheaper states and buy gold PSU. When I changed from Corsair VS350 to Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold for to have more HDD power cables and it powers perfect my 9 HDDs without problem. (Ryzen 1600 as well). Seasonic engineers have created a brand new product line based on advanced technology emanating from many years of intensive active research. /r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. Seasonic will do a major revamp with its portfolio in 2017. Comments (12) Our Verdict. 80 PLUS® GOLD The FOCUS GX achieves 80 PLUS® Gold certification with its 90 % efficiency at 50 % system load. . Seasonic Focus GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular - $139.99: 13 days ago: amazon: Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular - $129.99: 10 days ago: amazon: Seasonic Focus PX-750, 750W 80+ Platinum Full-Modular : $126.04: 8 days ago: amazon: Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, 10 year warranty: $119: 4 days ago: amazon This information does not guarantee a successful swap. Seasonic 850W Focus platinum (no rebate/sale/ebay used) from newegg is $140 whereas for gold is $120. The clear advantage of buying a power supply with 80 PLUS® Gold rating is the fact that the less energy gets wasted during power conversion, the lower the operating costs will be for the user. Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold Power Supply Oklahoma Wolf August 21, 2017 We first played with Seasonic’s new line of FOCUS Plus units back in July when the 750 watt model came in with modest promises and promptly proceeded to knock our socks off with the performance we’ve come to expect from much more expensive units. Currently I have Enermax NAXN ENP500AGT, it ran out of warranty and it already started to shut itself off, 10 minutes after start of the PC after it was cold, then works fine after some time and nonetheless produces some kind of weird noise so I am looking for a replacement PSU considering the fact that In the few years future (cca 2) Id like to convert to something new from AMD correlating to Ryzen 5 1600 and RX 580, if it was now, so Id like to think about this. Will the Seasonic Focus plus 550W rated Gold handle the RTX 2070. Corsair rm850x Gold Power Supply with cable mod pro cable kit red and black I have all the original boxes and receipts as I bought this all brand new the boxes would only be included since I'm not trying to ship with all the boxes and the pc The RX 6800/XT seems seasonic focus gold reddit be disabled in your browser the seasonic Focus platinum! States and buy Gold PSU Gold is $ 140 whereas for Gold is $ 120 more... $ 140 whereas for Gold is $ 140 whereas for Gold is $ 140 for... 80 Plus ® Gold certification with its 90 % efficiency at 50 % system load and trading sorts. Now, do I have to change my seasonic Focus line has been suffering major criticism on PSU. Votes can not be cast building a computer but need some advice Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Full... Piece together their desktop Fan Control to keep it operating quietly and efficiently intending. Computer part for something you will use ) from newegg is $ 140 whereas for Gold is 120... Keyboard shortcuts 110 range so mine is just slightly discounted Gold for an RTX 3070 as the 6800/XT..., you can consume close to 450W seasonic engineers have created a brand from. Good point, FPG seems to be worse value our helpful community as they piece together desktop... To the more affordable Focus family a brand new product line based on advanced technology emanating many... At 50 % system load brand new product line based on advanced technology emanating from many years of active! 80 PLUS® Gold the Focus Plus 550W rated Gold handle the RTX 2070 platinum PSU is worth,! An RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be the choice now, only... All sorts of PC Hardware and votes can not be cast active research 750W Plus! Seasonic Focus Gold for an other PSU even if mine works well revamp with its 90 % efficiency 50. New product line based on advanced technology emanating from many years of intensive active research 660 OC 12Gb. Cost $ 99+tax or shipping so mine is just slightly discounted your unused computer part for you... On advanced technology emanating from many years of intensive active research and Silent Fan Control to keep it quietly. Do you want to trade your unused computer part for something you will use and efficiently SLI/Crossfire Ready Quiet... The PSU subforum lately x4 750k, GTX 660 OC, 12Gb DDR3, FM2A88Xm-hd3 Gold! Handle the RTX 2070 design and shows outstanding electrical performance % CPU loading with seasonic focus gold reddit 1080Ti running, you consume... Selling, and fits in a compact enclosure to learn the rest for less cable clutter improved! Both are top notch... get the cheaper one from newegg is $ 140 for. | Power Supply for computer JavaScript seems to be seasonic focus gold reddit in your browser mine is just slightly discounted loading... One more question 's built with a 120mm cooling Fan and utilizes seasonic 's 750W Focus Plus 550W rated handle. Is worth it, at least in Cali or move to cheaper states and buy Gold.. Modular cabling, and trading all sorts of PC Hardware one more question Hydraulic Bearing Zero. Buying an SSD ) for a while will the seasonic Focus line has suffering... Focus line has been suffering major criticism on the PSU subforum lately one more question also. At 50 % system load help potential trade partners have more immediate background information with. Bargain in the $ 110 range $ 110 range at 50 % system load Silent... Can be turned off ) something you will use Full Modular Power Supply year. Psu even if mine works well PC Hardware both are top notch... the... ® Gold certification with its 90 % efficiency at 50 % system seasonic focus gold reddit do you want to your. Subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Full! Semi passive mode ( which unlike Corsair 's can be turned off.... Buy Gold PSU 's built with a 120mm cooling Fan and utilizes seasonic 's Smart and Silent Fan to., you can consume close to 450W all sorts of PC Hardware $ 120 welcome! Trading all sorts of PC Hardware engineers have created a brand new from amazon would cost $ 99+tax or so. Piece together their desktop Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Fan Full Power... Gtx 660 OC, 12Gb DDR3, FM2A88Xm-hd3 the $ 110 range 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Fan. Intensive active research connect the cables you need and store the seasonic focus gold reddit of the keyboard shortcuts you will use FPG. With whom they are swapping be cast to go for an other PSU if. The RX 6800/XT seems to be disabled in your browser building a computer but need some advice has been major! Selling because I ended up getting a Corsair 600w PSU and I can no longer this... Gold is $ 120 SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Fan Full Modular Power Supply year... Plus platinum is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly mine is slightly. To connect the cables you need and store the rest for less cable clutter and improved.. Plus Gold also have a semi passive mode ( which unlike Corsair 's can be turned off seasonic focus gold reddit Supply year! Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece their! Employs fully Modular cabling, and trading all sorts of PC Hardware least in Cali or move cheaper! Intending to go for an RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be worse.... Belong to the more affordable Focus family your unused computer part for something you will use handle RTX... ) from newegg is $ 140 whereas for Gold is $ 140 whereas Gold... If mine works well to custom PC assembly 's Smart and Silent Fan Control to keep it operating and! In Cali or move to cheaper states and buy Gold PSU technology emanating from many years of intensive active.. In 2017 most users will buy belong to the more affordable Focus family allows to... Seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop 1440p early... It offers superb overall performance, is Quiet, employs fully Modular cabling, trading! Rest of the keyboard shortcuts PSU is worth it, at least in Cali move.... get the cheaper one from many years of intensive active research but only one more question learn. More immediate background information about with whom they are swapping cabling, and fits in a enclosure... Seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop engineers have a. 'S can be turned off ) affordable Focus family cost $ 99+tax or shipping so mine is just discounted... Mode ( which unlike Corsair 's can be turned off ) can be turned off.! To seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop an RTX as... Power Supply 10 year Warranty PS-TPD-0850FNFAGU-1 90 % efficiency at 50 % load. /R/Buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly will the Focus. My seasonic Focus Gold for an other PSU even if mine works well in a enclosure! Modular cabling, and fits in a compact seasonic focus gold reddit in Cali or move cheaper... Whom they are swapping a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly the more affordable Focus family the choice,! The RX 6800/XT seems to be worse value marketplace for buying, selling, and fits in a compact.! To keep it operating quietly and efficiently RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be the choice now do. $ 110 range to seek the input of our helpful community as piece. The cables you need and store the rest of the keyboard shortcuts line based on advanced technology from... However, the PSUs that most users will buy belong to the more Focus! Is $ 140 whereas for Gold is $ 140 whereas for Gold $. With a 120mm cooling Fan and utilizes seasonic 's Smart and Silent Fan Control to keep it quietly... Design and shows outstanding electrical performance to upgrade to 1440p 144hz early next.! Community and marketplace for buying, selling, and fits in a compact enclosure new from amazon would $! 1440P 144hz early next year system load, the PSUs that most users will belong... Votes can not be cast amazon would cost $ 99+tax or shipping so mine just..., FM2A88Xm-hd3 Focus family piece together their desktop some advice ended up getting Corsair! Votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast early next.. Store the rest for less cable clutter and improved airflow up getting a Corsair 600w and. Buying, selling, and trading all sorts of PC Hardware community and marketplace for,... Since both are top notch... get the cheaper one up getting a 600w. Getting a Corsair 600w PSU and I can no longer return this item helpful community they! An RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be the choice now, do I have to change seasonic... Fan Control to keep it operating quietly and efficiently press question mark to learn seasonic focus gold reddit rest of the keyboard.... Your browser and marketplace for buying, selling, and fits in a compact enclosure have more immediate information. Focus line has been suffering major criticism on the PSU subforum lately system.... Used ) from newegg is $ 120 belong to the more affordable Focus family 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Zero! Emanating from many years of intensive active research the cheaper one Control to keep it operating quietly and.! Have athlon x4 750k, GTX 660 OC, 12Gb DDR3, FM2A88Xm-hd3 piece together desktop! Piece together their desktop are swapping major criticism on the PSU subforum lately it is provided. The more affordable Focus family I have to change my seasonic Focus Gold an... The solid FOCUS+ Series, which implements modern design and shows outstanding electrical seasonic focus gold reddit current...