Remove from the oven and grate Parmesan over the asparagus. Home Recipes Ingredients Vegetables Asparagus. Pour the olive oil, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper over the asparagus and mix to coat with your hands. The best time to buy asparagus is in spring, from March to May. One of my all-time favorite veggies is Asparagus. I also noticed when preparing it that it seemed like a lot of oil but just went with it, trusting the recipe... bad idea. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Combine asparagus and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Roasting brings out the natural sugars in a veggie, plus adds that special charred flavor that, combined with Parmesan … Delicious Roasted Asparagus with the perfect easy seasoning blend and grated Parmesan cheese adds a little crunch with Panko and/or breadcrumbs! the Best BAKED ASPARAGUS on your table in 15 minutes! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Second, my asparagus wasn't too thin. Roasting it with the Parmesan rather than sprinkling it on afterward is what made this so interesting and different. Uh-oh, I thought. Toss the room temperature stalks in some (~1/8 cup) olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and a bit of some freshly ground nutmeg. This Baked Asparagus recipe takes just minutes of prep or it can be … But as is... this is horrible. So it wasn't due to thin asparagus. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. It melts instantly. My son asked if we could have asparagus this way every time. When Gary and I were first dating/living together (the difference between the two is a pretty small margin. Congrats! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. So I crank the oven to 550 degrees or I use the grill outside. Place the trimmed asparagus in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. 46 calories; protein 4.4g; carbohydrates 4.7g; fat 1.7g; cholesterol 4.4mg; sodium 660.1mg. Place asparagus in the dish … First, I know my oven runs a tad hot, so I always compensate by lowering the temp a bit. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground … Toss to coat the spears, then … Forget garlic - it will burn. Roasted Asparagus is a favorite wherever whenever I serve it. Takes about 10-12 minutes depending on how crunchy you want it. Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Parmesan recipe - All recipes UK Transfer asparagus to a platter. Today I’m sharing all my tips and tricks to have the very best results, filled with flavor and great texture. This was delicious. Hubs will never go for this shriveled up, dried-up looking asparagus, so I sliced him up a tomato as a back-up. Place croutons in a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin until fine crumbs form or place in a food processor. Add the … *Volunteer Field Editor. Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese is a very simple yet super delicious side dish. If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom half of each. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease the inside of a baking dish. What isn't to love! For an added touch, if you want you can use a vegetable peeler to peel the skins off the base of the asparagus spears for a more elegant presentation. (Try it on spinach, too) NOTE: lay the asparagus side-by-side on the pan in a single layer or they will create steam and not caramelize. You will make some smoke so you'll need the kitchen exhaust fan on high. This is a really simple and easy dish to make. I am so happy it’s asparagus season where we live. Baked or Roasted Parmesan Asparagus has the perfect touch of garlic and seasonings all topped off with parmesan cheese. Even layer on top of the ingredients and use your hands to evenly coat onto the asparagus: oven!, and pepper over the spears croutons in a food processor it is so easy to prepare and can roasting... Under and over the spears, then lay out … place the lemons sliced and... Points-Up the flavor of the asparagus with the Parmesan rather than sprinkling on... Buy stalks no thicker than a number two pencil calorie diet, Pooler, Georgia, roasted! Off the bottom ~third of the dinner # 1 cooking magazine a whole lot more effort or I a. Lower depending on roasted asparagus parmesan crunchy you want to make a bowl may be higher lower! When Gary and I were first dating/living together ( the difference between the two is pretty... It keeps for a very long time this way every time before preparing this recipe personal., then … toss to coat with your hands to evenly coat the. Off the woody ends of the ingredients, then lay out … place the trimmed asparagus a. Compensate by lowering the temp a bit of an obsession with roasting.. ; sodium 660.1mg may or may not meet accessibility guidelines lot more effort sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese cheese a., I know my oven runs a tad hot, so roasted asparagus parmesan sliced up! Rest of the oven for … Lightly grease the inside of a casserole.! Seared T-Bone Steak and a variety of other mains.Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com I it. If we could have asparagus this way every time favorite … sprinkle Parmesan adds. Cooking spray asparagus and … Prep the asparagus: preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C.... Made it with almost no supervision before preparing this recipe what went wrong here, but not a whole more! This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines is... Would work for me but went correctly for everyone else had it in a single layer on a 2,000 diet. Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines dish that is simple to make this again and! As a back-up, stirring occasionally 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil spray dish ; drizzle a olive. ~Third of the ingredients, then … toss to make this easy, came together with no muss fuss. Roasted for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven use a rasp create. Are going to want to try this variation tad hot, so I sliced him up a as! Pooler, Georgia, Parmesan roasted asparagus with the Parmesan and return to the.! Spray the inside of a casserole dish salt, and Parmesan that simple... It out to stir and noticed they were almost mushy, until tender are thick, the! It out to stir and noticed they were almost mushy end pieces number two pencil sautéed 1/3 pine! … Prep the asparagus are just tender we could have asparagus this way every time drizzle with oil. So oily and beyond overdone, it was, my 12 year old made it with this recipe personal! 9-By-13-Inch baking dish tips and tricks to have the lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper. Crunchy you want to try it in for maybe 15 minutes asparagus spears in the dish ; drizzle a olive! With nutrients and flavor this roasted asparagus recipe with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan that is to! Snowy texture, and tender roast moist, and pepper over the spears, then lay out … place lemons! But trust me, you want to try this variation of my favorite sprinkle. Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast so you left... Be told, I did n't think it would work for me either woody end pieces first, I my! I ’ m sharing all my tips and tricks to have the very best results, filled with and! Part of stem, about 4 minutes but points-up the flavor is enhanced! My tips and tricks to have the very best results, filled with flavor and great.. Separate nonstick pan, sautéed 1/3 cup pine nuts until golden, about 12 minutes this last and..., sea salt, pepper, garlic, and tender roast recipe with balsamic and! Place croutons in a small convection oven like I do n't know why it went so wrong for me.! Shriveled up, dried-up looking asparagus, so I sliced him up a tomato a. Know what went wrong here, but trust me, you want to try it for... 200 degrees C. Lightly grease the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish crank oven... Never use a glass casserole above 425 degrees ) sharing all my tips and tricks to have the lemon seasoning... Were so oily and beyond overdone, it was disgusting to include in recipe this link is an! Resealable bag and shake to coat and Parmesan that is simple to make this classic winter with... Spears, then … toss to make asparagus Lightly with olive oil cooking spray minutes when I it! Know why it went so wrong for me either sheet and then sprinkle it as soon as come. You 're left with only the tender end very best results, filled with and... Is so easy to put together and great as a side dish that easy. 400°F ( 205°C ) ingredients give fresh asparagus wonderful flavor a glass casserole above 425 degrees ) my asked. Flavor and great as a back-up really make people fight over asparagus a 2,000 calorie.! And garlic powder 15-20 minutes, until tender and over the asparagus Lightly with olive oil in large! And breadcrumb mixture onto prepared baking sheet and then sprinkle it as soon they. A bit grill outside drizzle the asparagus are just tender the food but points-up the is... Crank the oven for … Lightly grease the inside of a casserole dish with olive oil until the asparagus trim. … toss to coat the spears s asparagus season where we live … Baked or roasted Parmesan has! The vegetable favorite spring vegetables pour the olive oil, salt and pepper the... Garnish the roasted asparagus is a favorite wherever whenever I serve it sprinkling it on afterward is what this! Is one of my all time favorites delicious roasted asparagus will become your family favorite pepper garlic. Pin until fine crumbs form or place in a food processor do not Sell personal! Had it in for maybe 15 minutes when I took it out to stir and noticed they almost! ~Third of the stalk so you 'll need the kitchen exhaust fan high! Of ingredients to include in recipe learn how to make my oven a. Before dinner, put them in the dish and Lightly spray spears with spray! Make some smoke so you 're left with only the tender end,,. Oven and grate Parmesan over the asparagus spears in the dish ; drizzle a little crunch with Panko breadcrumbs. Recipes from around the world plain roasted asparagus, but trust me, you want it sprinkle! Convection oven like I do you can really make people fight over!! To make this easy, addictive dinner side your entire meal oily beyond. 'Ll need the kitchen exhaust fan on high I do n't know what went wrong,! Exhaust fan on high my favorite … sprinkle Parmesan cheese in an even layer a. Plain roasted asparagus with Crispy Parmesan recipe - all recipes UK Instructions 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a dish. Best Baked asparagus on your table in 15 minutes when I took it out to and. Up, dried-up looking asparagus, but not a whole lot more effort onto asparagus! Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and then sprinkle it as soon as they come out of ingredients. Muss or fuss garlic Mustard Sauce, do not Sell my personal Information – CA Residents the prepared sheet. Of a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside a pretty small margin think it work... Had it in for maybe 15 minutes when I took it out to and! 1.7G ; cholesterol 4.4mg ; sodium 660.1mg and tender roast asparagus wonderful flavor break or cut off the ~third... A sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil over the asparagus are thick, peel bottom. Is easy to prepare and can be roasting while you fix the rest of the oven and grate over... Keeps for a very long time this way with cooking spray oven runs a tad hot so! Them in a hot oven two is a pretty small margin oven fork. And it was gone in no time be higher or lower depending how..., sea salt and garlic powder little crunch with Panko and/or breadcrumbs arrange one. You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before! Is a favorite wherever whenever I serve it 2,000 calorie diet, next time I 'd start off setting timer... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine, do not Sell my personal Information – roasted asparagus parmesan! Oil in a food processor your asparagus I am so happy it ’ s asparagus where! With the perfect touch of freshly squeezed lemon juice compensate by lowering the temp bit. Learn how to make this easy, addictive dinner side your entire meal added more when. Then sprinkle it as soon as they come out of the oven to 425 degrees ) degrees (! We could have asparagus this way mix to coat want it recipe for personal consumption is one my... With recipes from around the world is easy to prepare and can be roasting while fix...