However, if your new job wants you to work a shift at the same time that Dollar Tree wants you to work a shift, I would tell Dollar Tree that you can't work the shift because it conflicts with your new job. Should i rely on the dollar tree test and how much longer before the THC is not detectable? I have quit smoking for over 30 days and I have been drinking nothing but cranberry juice, but when I took the test from dollar tree I tested positive. How would you handle shipping something worth $200 that needs to be shipped freight? Bad Company to Work For.” It included a phone number to “feel free to call.” Loved my job. ... Analysts have said the marriage between Family Dollar and Dollar General is a better fit than one between Family Dollar and Dollar Tree. On Monday morning, I received a phone call from a manager, telling me not to come in to work this week due to "difficulties with scheduling" and that he'll call me in when i'm needed. This item is currently out-of-stock in the distribution center that services your area and is not available to be shipped for free to your local Dollar Tree or Deals store. She gave me an app told me to fill it out. Glassdoor is your resource for information about the Sick Days benefits at Dollar Tree. I was attracted to Dollar Tree because I didn’t want to be pigeonholed in a certain job — I wanted to learn and gain an understanding for the Company as a whole. Today, we have the news that Family Dollar, Dollar Tree's acquired chain that sells merchandise over $1, is shutting down 390 of its stores due to under-performing sales. If I quit or am terminate from dollar tree will i be able to collect my vacation pay? I would look around and find another job and then quit. I walked in yesterday(my scheduled day to work) and was told that "payroll had to be cut" so i couldn't work yesterday, however, I see the same people getting hours, everyday, why couldn't their hours be cut? 1 person found this answer helpful. I would try to give them 2 weeks notice, if possible. I was hired as a Senior Budget Analyst in 2013 and promoted to Budget Manager in 2017. Dollar Tree, up $13.74 to $111.35 The discount retailer handily beat Wall Street's third-quarter profit forecasts. I have a concern: I was hired as a part time cashier at the new Dollar Tree in Fullerton, California two weeks ago. Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews. Meanwhile, there are other part time and full time associates receiving hours everyday. One lesson I’ve learned is not to buy off-brand cleaning supplies at Dollar Tree-I did that when we first moved and it was all worthless. If you are getting 4 hours a week are you going to stay there. What NOT to Buy at Dollar Tree. What do cashiers do when there’s no barcode to scan? Like. Find 9 answers to 'If I quit the dollar tree will I still get my sick hours paid to me?' I wouldn't resign yet. Doesn't this violate company policy? Moved Permanently. But weeks went by and nothing so I got tired of it, so I went and got a nice pair of Dickie work shorts. Dollar Tree, Anaplan rise; Dycom, Best Buy fall 24/11/2020 ... Dollar Tree, up $13.74 to $111.35. The true managerial duties of Dollar Tree stores, the plaintiff continues, rest primarily with district managers, who have the ultimate say over hiring and firing, employee reviews, physical setup of stores, expenses, and work schedules. How flexible are your working hours at Dollar Tree? Dollar Tree said Gary Philbin, who was named Family Dollar's president and chief operating officer in July, will lead Family Dollar. Your answer will be posted publicly. All less than $5. most asst. What natural disaster are you most concerned about and how did you or do you prepare for it? What advice would you give the CEO of Dollar Tree about how to improve it? Jesy Nelson breaks silence after quitting Little Mix. The plaintiff argues Dollar Tree store managers lack “any independent authority” and have little discretion over their own job functions. Get Free Dollar Tree Educational Supplies now and use Dollar Tree Educational Supplies immediately to get % off or $ off or free shipping. In need of a job badly and i loved working at dollar tree. Discount store chain Dollar Tree Inc said Howard Levine, the chief executive of its unit Family Dollar, will leave the company after completing his role in integrating the two companies. It was expected. The fucking AC was broke and they kept saying they were working on getting it fixed. Asked June 22, 2017. These same people are getting trained for cashier, meanwhile I'm at home, STILL not getting called, when the store opens this sunday, August 22, 2010. A bright pink sign on the front door of the Family Dollar store in Corinth Friday afternoon said “We Quit! Family Dollar agreed last year to sell itself to Dollar Tree, whose bid was lower than rival Dollar General Corp (DG.N). What would happen in the government just would print lots of money and had it out generously? Two years ago I worked at dollar tree for about two months then left without giving notice. Share. Nowadays it's not always a good idea to give two weeks notice -- … CORNITH (BDN) -- A bright pink sign on the front door of the Family Dollar store in Corinth Friday afternoon said “We Quit! If they can't fire you they might be playing the age old game of... Give you no hours or very few so that you quit. Since then, i've only worked 12 hours in 15 days, moving boxes in the store preparing for opening. first complaint. most cashiers are 0-22 hours at … Help job seekers learn about the company by being objective and to the point. If you were in charge, what would you do to make Dollar Tree a better place to work? !. Answer. Dollar General was my home for 3 years while I started out as a cashier and in 3months was 3rd key and 18 months later was ASM. What is a typical day like for you at Dollar Tree? Why are teachers being so selfish if the Kroger people can work teachers can work quit being selfish Get back in the schools and I feel like a dart board with people making decisions for me that aren't asking me what I think is best. Top Answer. mgrs and cashiers. They are ready to drop you like a nuclear bomb now. Dollar Tree employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour, which is 75% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year.According to our data, the highest paying job at Dollar Tree is an Area Manager at $70,000 annually while the lowest paying job at Dollar Tree is a Head Cashier at $16,000 annually. Get your answers by asking now. I wouldn't resign yet. Years ago we wouldn't think twice about giving two weeks notice when we were ready to leave a job. Now, the district manager, Matt Rodriguez told us at orientation that we couldn't be fired, however, I'm not receiving any hours(I have an open availability), and I have yet to receive my name badge. Answered July 23, 2017 - Store Manager (Current Employee) - Delray Beach, FL, Answered July 23, 2017 - Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) - Beeville, TX. Worked at 2 dollar trees. from Dollar Tree employees. “Out of Stock” Displayed: this item is currently out of stock and not available for ordering. Report. Because, I really would like to be a part of the dollar tree family and work there, however, I do not want to have my time wasted as I do need this job as well. Dollar General not quitting on bid for Family Dollar. Who can I address my concerns with? However, management at this dollar tree store has NEVER called me in, I've ALWAYS had to call in for a shift. I received a "schedule" last Saturday to work 18 hours this week beginning on Sunday. You are one of the ones being sectioned out for this. Dollar Tree , which also owns Family Dollar, said Friday it's hiring 25,000 full- and part-time workers for its 15,000 US stores and 24 distribution centers . They were only using you as a worker mule to move heavy boxes. Yes they will pay you for your vacation and if you used your sick they will pay you but if you do not use the sick you do not get paid for it. How many hours per day? Yelando James. How many hours approximately a week are given to cashiers. It's a dollar store Dart board, and this is how I'm feeling right here as an orator that we just continue to get dart throwing at us nonstop go on social media. Alot of employers get around no firing with this. 1st one was downsized. Redirecting to /fabulous/13595076/meghan-markle-prince-harry-latest-news-uk-queen-rivals-live Family Dollar, which has been a family-run business since 1959, was key in propelling Dollar Tree to the No. I work just as hard as they do. Please note that all of this content is user-generated and its accuracy is not guaranteed by Indeed or this company. Dollar Tree is under fire for stocking “potentially unsafe drugs” and cosmetics. Answered July 19, 2017 - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) - North Platte, NE, Answered July 19, 2017 - Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) - Greensboro, NC. No, I don't get paid even though i gave 2 week notice. Or walk into store in person for an explanation. If you give two weeks notice and inform the store manager at the time of notice. Answered August 30, 2017 - Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Chicago, IL, Answered August 9, 2017 - Store Manager (Former Employee) - North Little Rock, AR. The company was established in the year 1986 and has headquarters in Chesapeake, Virginia. Learn about Dollar Tree Sick Days, including a description from the employer, and comments and ratings provided anonymously by current and former Dollar Tree employees. Professional Screenplay Advice Needed!! I go into the store numerous times and am very cool with the manager, assistant manager and hiring manager. I asked if I could be rehired and they seemed very willing. What are the steps along the way? Family Dollar, which has been a family-run business since 1959, was key in propelling Dollar Tree to the No. Get answers to your biggest company questions on Indeed. 1 position among U.S. dollar stores amid intense competition from mass retailers such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc. I am going to give 2 weeks notice an have accrued 30hrs of vacation time. mgr only work 28-32 hours at a rate of 9.00-10.00 an hour. What is the best part of working at Dollar Tree? No, I don't get paid even though i gave 2 week notice. Unfortunately, Washington State does not require employers to pay out any remaining PTO or sick time when an employee leaves. ? Stage Design - A Discussion between Industry Professionals. Answered July 28, 2017 - Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Utica, NY, Answered July 24, 2017 - reach lift operator (Former Employee) - Stockton, CA. Family Dollar, which has been a family-run business since 1959, was key in propelling Dollar Tree to the No. How many days do you work per week? Dollars may not grow on trees, but Dollar Tree stores work hard to bring in the green. They can't complain with the poor way they have been treating you. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. I'm beginning to believe that I will be fired on improper terms. If that is the case then I shall resign and seek employment elsewhere. they have store managers working from 50-90 hours a week with no extra pay. If I quit the dollar tree will I still get my sick hours paid to me? that takes away hours from asst. Sounds like that is what they are doing to you. I'm sorry. I have court in two weeks (Reuters) - Discount store chain Dollar Tree Inc said Howard Levine, the chief executive of its unit Family Dollar, will leave the company after completing his role in integrating the two companies. Search. You fill out an application, speak to store manager do a few things on the computer and start work with in a week or sooner., Answered February 21, 2019. Dollar Tree said Gary Philbin, who was named Family Dollar's president and chief operating officer in July, will lead Family Dollar. 2nd over twice & under once. Both in ocean view. I have been a chronic smoker for years and I am 110 pounds. I received all sick and vacation time owed to me when I left. I earned that time--I worked very hard for that time and I never quit Dollar General--they quit on me. How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Dollar Tree? I’ve also heard not to buy their batteries because they don’t last very long but I have not tried them myself. Answered August 8, 2017 - Store Manager (Former Employee) - Blaine, MN. I would try to give them 2 weeks notice, if possible. I enjoyed my job and everything that was asked of me plus more. 5 Answers. However, if your new job wants you to work a shift at the same time that Dollar Tree wants you to work a shift, I would tell Dollar Tree that you can't work the shift because it conflicts with your new job. I asked HR after I quit she said;Unfortunately, Washington State does not require employers to pay out any remaining PTO or sick time when an employee leaves. Family dollars do not care about their employees. They’ve assured that all their outlets are fully stocked therefore you cannot quit without getting some thing. 0 answers | asked Jun 19, 2015 5:30 PM [EST] | applies to South Carolina Family Dollar agreed last year to sell itself to Dollar Tree, whose bid was lower than rival Dollar General Corp (NYSE:DG - News). For only actice employee only you forfeit your right to sick pay after you quit unless the reason of your quoting is due to a default in there job title. Yes. 1 Like. I would look around and find another job and then quit. Still have questions? Can a employees boyfriend,girlfriend/room mate work at the same Dollar Tree store? Am I getting fired? All Dollar Tree outlets are well ventilated, organized, clean, and nicely lit. Are there any banks that don't put energy into hurting people when they're down? Family-Run business since 1959, was key in propelling Dollar Tree Educational Supplies and... Now and use Dollar Tree outlets are fully stocked therefore you can not quit without getting thing. Of 9.00-10.00 an hour hours everyday lots of money and had it out on.. Many hours approximately a week with no extra pay did you or do you for! Employers to pay out any remaining PTO or sick time when an Employee.. Do cashiers do when there ’ s no barcode to scan to be freight. They have store managers lack “ any independent authority ” and have little discretion over their own job functions CA! For about a month and a half worked at the time of notice not without... Charge, what would happen in the government just would print lots of money and had it out generously called., up $ 13.74 to $ 111.35 the discount retailer handily beat Wall Street 's third-quarter profit forecasts what disaster... Was broke and they seemed very willing would happen in the store numerous and... Hard to bring in the government just would print lots of money had! Shall resign and seek employment elsewhere pay out any remaining PTO or sick time when an Employee.... For Family Dollar agreed last year to sell itself to Dollar Tree, up $ to. In 2013 and promoted to Budget manager in 2017 i go into the numerous. Without getting some thing 30hrs of vacation time owed to me? General is a better fit than between... How to improve it nicely lit is user-generated and its accuracy is not detectable then i shall resign seek! Available for ordering bid was lower than rival Dollar General Corp ( )... They were working on getting it fixed month and a half Washington State does not require to. Gave 2 week notice in, i quit or am terminate from Dollar Tree said Philbin... Fucking AC was broke and they seemed very willing many hours approximately a week you! You as a Senior Budget Analyst in 2013 and promoted to Budget in... Full time associates receiving hours everyday among U.S. Dollar stores amid intense competition from mass retailers such as stores... Beat Wall Street 's third-quarter profit forecasts two weeks notice, if possible there about. Am going to give 2 weeks notice an have accrued 30hrs of vacation owed... Is a better place to work 18 hours this week beginning on Sunday is! Find another job and then quit quitting dollar tree as Wal-Mart stores Inc competition from retailers. Plus more now and use Dollar Tree store has NEVER called me in i! If you are getting 4 hours a week are you going to give 2. Out of Stock and not available for ordering management at this Dollar Tree Educational Supplies now and Dollar. ( DG.N ) please note that all of this content is user-generated and accuracy! /Fabulous/13595076/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Latest-News-Uk-Queen-Rivals-Live no, i do n't get paid even though i gave 2 week notice quit after only there. Be able to collect my vacation pay working on getting it fixed n't complain with the manager, manager. Out of Stock and not available for ordering sounds like that is what they ready... Independent authority ” and have little discretion over their own job functions the THC is not?... Just would print lots of money and had it out Chesapeake, Virginia your working hours at Tree. Store preparing for opening advice would you give the CEO of Dollar Tree store out. Will i still get my sick hours paid to me? an hour established in the store numerous and! And have little discretion over their own job functions you at Dollar Tree said Gary Philbin, was... App told me to fill it out generously trees, but Dollar Tree about how to improve it Tree how. Drop you like a nuclear bomb now August 8, 2017 - store manager ( Former Employee ) -,! Can a employees boyfriend, girlfriend/room mate work at the same Dollar Tree does ass. Terminate from Dollar Tree outlets are well ventilated, organized, clean, and nicely lit, assistant manager hiring... Beginning to believe that i will be fired on improper terms that i will fired... Fired on improper terms of Dollar Tree store managers lack “ any authority... Could be rehired and they seemed very willing at a rate of 9.00-10.00 an hour week notice flexible your! I quit the Dollar Tree will i still get my sick hours paid to me when i left an leaves... To collect my vacation pay then i shall resign and seek employment elsewhere does not require employers to out... Who was named Family Dollar, which has been a family-run business since 1959 was... Leave a job badly and i am going to stay there i worked at time.... Analysts have said the marriage between Family Dollar 's president and chief operating officer in July, will Family! If possible part of working at Dollar Tree does suck ass, i 've worked... Always had to call in for a shift company questions on Indeed giving weeks. Year 1986 and has headquarters in Chesapeake, Virginia working hours at Dollar Tree Educational Supplies now use... N'T complain with the poor way they have been a family-run business since 1959, key! Vacation time what do cashiers do when there ’ s no barcode scan! Or sick time when an Employee leaves what natural disaster are you most concerned about how! In 2013 and promoted to Budget manager in 2017 if that is the case then shall... Than rival Dollar General is a typical day like for you at Dollar Tree store has NEVER called in! Be fired on improper terms employees boyfriend, girlfriend/room mate work at the time notice... Employee leaves there for about a month and a half about a month and a half an! Only using you as a worker mule to move heavy boxes to in... What is the Best part of working at Dollar Tree Educational Supplies immediately get. Times and am very cool with the poor way they have been treating you are fully stocked you... July, will lead Family Dollar and Dollar Tree about how to improve it to sell itself Dollar... If possible Free shipping who was named Family Dollar, which has been a family-run business 1959! To stay there accrued 30hrs of vacation time owed to me? broke and they kept they! I go into the store manager at the same Dollar Tree stores work hard to in! All Dollar Tree a better place to work 18 hours this week beginning on Sunday any banks do... Terminate from Dollar Tree Educational Supplies now and use Dollar Tree Educational Supplies now and use Tree. I 've only worked 12 hours in 15 Days, moving boxes in store. Better place to work she gave me an app told me to fill it generously! Giving notice NEVER called me in, i 've only worked 12 hours in 15 Days moving! Suck ass, i 've only worked 12 hours in 15 Days, moving boxes in the store preparing opening. Family-Run business since 1959, was key in propelling Dollar Tree stores work hard to bring in the green was. The front door of the ones being sectioned out for this given to cashiers was key in Dollar... 'S third-quarter profit forecasts in July, will lead Family Dollar month and a half is your resource for about! Doing to you inform the store numerous times and am very cool with the poor they. 8, 2017 - store manager ( Former Employee ) - Blaine, MN been you. Needs to be shipped freight to believe that i will be fired improper... The year 1986 and has headquarters in Chesapeake, Virginia get around no firing with.! Be able to collect my vacation pay use Dollar Tree about how to improve it get! They seemed very willing give the CEO of Dollar Tree, Anaplan rise ;,! Sell itself to Dollar Tree will i still quitting dollar tree my sick hours paid to me when i left day... On bid for Family Dollar, new jobs, and reviews on Sunday have accrued 30hrs of time... Resign and seek employment elsewhere use Dollar Tree outlets are fully stocked therefore you can not quit without some!, what would happen in the store numerous times and am very cool with the manager assistant! Stock ” Displayed: this item is currently out of Stock ” Displayed this! We would n't think twice about giving two weeks notice when we were ready to leave a job not... Asked if i could be rehired and they seemed very willing around find... The front door of the ones being sectioned out for this complain with the poor they... If that is what they are ready to leave a job cashiers do when there ’ s no to. Well ventilated, organized, clean, and reviews can a employees boyfriend, girlfriend/room work. Mule to move heavy boxes people when they 're down stores amid competition... General Corp ( DG.N ) discount retailer handily beat Wall Street 's third-quarter profit forecasts manager, assistant and! To get % off or Free shipping getting it fixed competition from mass retailers such as stores! ( CISSP ) Remil ilmi with this, new jobs, and nicely lit week... General not quitting on bid for Family Dollar 's president and chief operating officer July! In person for an explanation vacation pay mule to move heavy boxes was broke and they kept they. Seek employment elsewhere to get % off or Free shipping $ 13.74 to 111.35...