A quick blast with a warm hairdryer has this varnish touch dry in seconds. language translator . When dry, the surface feels soft and not tacky. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. It applies evenly and smoothly. Best Price Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Satin Quart Reviews ... Reading reviews will give you a much complete understanding of the pros and cons of the product you need. I gave it only 3 stars on value only because it’s a bit spendy, but it is an excellent product and I will continue to use it. Was careful to brush on evenly and to brush out any areas where the varnish was pooling which looked white. dead flat and eggshell. cookie policy. I have used this varnish in several pieces of furniture that have been painted with chalk paint incuding a bookcase, chest of drawers, wardrobe and a dining table and I've still got plenty left! decorative artists. You may try to find comparable items and sometimes it helps in selecting purchase. Protects all timber surfaces with a highly durable, water and heat resistant film. language translator . Polyvine went on easily, a little difficult to see any areas that were missing the varnish. useful links. Some people like the grain and dents that come with wood. Used this on a pine table that was rubbed down to remove lacquer, then restained and varnished. the satin is great because unlike other seals who says its satin and turn out glossy its not - its actually a nice satin finish. I did not find that the finish was patchy like some reviewers but I did apply 3 coasts for durability. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Thinly apply 2 to 3 coats of varnish. Wax also has a strong odor but Polyvine has very little odor and dries in about 4 hours so you can apply a second coat the same day. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. The finish this product leaves over a chalk painted piece is similar to wax without all the work involved when applying wax. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. 4.6 out of 5 stars 98. Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 July 2017. I love Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish. I am not sure if this was the right type of product, however I was hoping this will waterproof the wood at least at a semi permanent level. I will order this product in the future. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I bought this to go over a chalk paint project. When using dead flat finish, for a high level of protection and stain resistance, apply 2 coats of satin then 1 coat of dead flat. competition terms and conditions. Water repellent? £8.00 Next page. I used this as a sealer coat over chalk paint on metal. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 January 2020. It doesn't do that. Chalk painted a dining room set and used this product on top of chalk paint. So smooth and protects against water and stains etc. £17.49 Polyvine Wax Varnish 1L. It was so easy to apply. VAT and delivery. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Dead Flat Liter/Quart, 2-Pack True Applicator, True Even Finish Applicator for Streak Free Finishes (Reusable), See all details for Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Dead Flat Liter/Quart, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. It will also go a long way, to varnish the wardrobe and chest of drawers (2 coats on each) I probably only used about 1/4 of the bottle. I sanded down an ugly looking ORANGE pine table to a nice pale pine colour and then white washed it to get a lime effect and avoid the orange coming back. caution Always test for clarity over dark colours. Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2016, I have a small craft business painting wood signs and refinishing furniture. This has rapidly become my staple, go-to, finishing varnish. all datasheets. Best Price Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Satin Quart Reviews ... Reading reviews will give you a much complete understanding of the pros and cons of the product you need. I used a craft sponge and just dipped it into the varnish and swiped it over the wood, and let it dry. Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2015. contact us . Simple! Clear Wax Finish Varnish combines the durability of a varnish with the silky feel of wax. Painted two coats as it is a dining table, sanding very lightly with a fine grade (320) sandpaper between coats … Reviews. refunds and cancellations. Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 24, 2016. I searched online for an alternative to clear wax and found people were raving about this stuff, so I ordered a bottle. You may try to find and view discussions. Worth sanding between coats as it gets more like glass smooth with each process. You may try to find comparable items and sometimes it helps in selecting purchase. It was extremely easy to use and dried really quickly. matt finish - 11 colours. You can see in the photo how nice it came out! show all products. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Chalk paint chips incredibly easily over metal, and this varnish sealed it nicely. 4.8 out of 5 stars 26,182 #1 Best Seller in Art Glues. It's move protection than wax. Clear Wax Finish Varnish combines the durability of a varnish with the silky feel of wax. Polyvine is by far my favorite ever!! Subcategories. Dost it leave a dead flat surface, yes. dead flat and satin finishes - clear and 9 colours. On porous surfaces dilute the first coat with 10% water. I absolutely love the finish Polyvine Wax Finish Vanish Dead Flat gives a chalk painted piece. The finish is so flat, it looks like there's nothing on. I have recently been upcycling an old wardrobe and have been looking for a product that will protect my efforts without giving a varnishy sheen. I was so happy when I found the wax finish varnish and even more thrilled when I found that it came in flat. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 June 2018. OIL BASED VARNISHES . Try. no shine no orangy varnish look. stockist resources. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. 4.7 out of 5 stars 256. I painted inside my home - there is a slight smell but not a problem. Polyvine Exterior Wood Varnish is a waterproof, microporous, UV resistant, clear protection for exterior wooden doors, windows, garden furniture and other exterior wood work. language translator . Really easy to apply ad water soluable, so easy to clean. useful links. Select Your Cookie Preferences. It goes on really easy, and protects the piece of furniture well. All products can be bought online at http://www.polyvine.com It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I applied both with a small foam roller and it applied beautifully smoothly in no time at all. Polivine Wax Finish Vanish Dead Flat works well with all my chalk paint projects. about us. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Provides a perfect, durable matt finish. Their range of wood varnishes are also second to none and available in both oil and water based mixes. Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2016. Applied over a few coats of wet & dried polyurethane satin, it's a joy to use. It has made my project very durable which makes cleaning it less of a chore since you don't have to be so gentle with it. It gives any finish a really beautiful soft gloss. Cleanup is easy too. I have never had so many people run their hands across my work and ask how I get such a soft finish. Ensure the product is well mixed but do not shake. wood dye. Definitely prefer it to using wax on furniture - so much easier! cookie policy. A+, Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2016, love, love this stuff! competition terms and conditions. This is my go-to water based finish when doing any kind of furniture. With at least two layers (sanded in between with fine grit paper), the resulting finish is buttery soft and totally matte. In stock £ 9.94 (£ 11.93 inc VAT) Sheen Level: Dead Flat Finish Satin Finish. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Great Silky Finish for Bare Wood or Chalk Painted Surfaces, Reviewed in the United States on December 19, 2017. I have used Homebase Hemsterly paint which is similar to many other ultra flat paints like Farrow and Ball and Annie Sloane and wanted something that would maintain their flat finish. I left the satin over night but did the flat finishes about 2 hours apart. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Dead Flat, 1 Litre at Amazon.com. VAT and delivery. Be sure to follow instructions and test on a small area … I used a coat of the Polyvine satin finish followed by two coats of the dead flat was finish as advised by the polyvine YouTube video. cookie policy. I originally bought some wax to seal some painting I had done but it didn't go on very nice and it took away the matt finish of the paint. I did some research and found this varnish. I used 3 layers on our teak bathroom unit and it did not work. Will update re durability after a few months of wear. join our team. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Dead Flat, 1 Litre. 1 litre of each will be enough for 3 or 4 projects with double coats as it applies sparingly. I read a lot about a polycrylic varnish but could only find those in a satin finish, and using a varnish you would lose the nice fill of wax. Look at the details of delivery and information for each product. Try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 October 2017. about us. One thing though, coming in a bottle it does mean you need to decant it in to something else before you can use it as the top just isn't big enough to get a paint brush in to! It dries fast. all how-to videos. You can edit your question or post anyway. Some varnishes tend to get a yellow tint when painted on white and this has stayed completely clear. Free delivery for many products! become a stockist. Look at the details of delivery and information for each product. I have now used this varnish on several chalk painted wood pieces and love it. I loved the flat look that I got but didn't want to use wax to seal the chalk paint because it wears off over time and has to be re-waxed. Fast shipping too. For a completely non reflective coloured wax finish, apply clear dead flat to coloured wax finish. It's an absolute pleasure to work with compared to other products. WATER BASED VARNISHES. This can prevent mold. all how-to videos. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Satin Gallon at Amazon.com. Chalk paint has some great properties, nontoxic, water based and easy to sand but you HAVE to seal it. Yes!! It comes in finishes from high gloss to flat and in colors for a look similar to a glazed piece. Dead Flat Wax Finish Varnish is available only in clear. You may have heard varnish used as a generic term for any finish, but traditional varnish describes an older form of finish that contains alkyd resin, oil, and solvents. This is a great product to use to seal chalk paint. The chalk paint retains most of its matte finish. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2016. A wax finish permeates the wood and acts as a barrier against stains and moisture. Still looks as if it's waxed and feels like wax when dried. It went on very easily and was not as messy as other varnishes. Write a review. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Polyvine Wax Finish Varnish Satin 500ml at Amazon.com. I will be using this as my go-to paint sealer from now on! join our team. VAT and delivery . Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 19 December 2017. easy to apply on chalk paint finished kitchen cabinets, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 February 2017. easy to apply on chalk paint finished kitchen cabinets, a bit pricey but does go a long way. When it comes down to decorators varnish, wax finish varnish and heavy duty floor varnish, Polyvine are the market leaders. It's about 90% dry after that time and then left it overnight up dry completely.