Our tax identification number is EIN 91-0900134. Map showing recreational areas. Pete Lake Backpacking Site Loop via Pete Lake Trail. Pete Lake Trailhead: 10 Mi. 24 West Chewuch Road I still had to drive home that day, so I did the short version. However, I knew that my truck wouldn't go the speed limit, so I gave myself three hours. Compare 2 hotels near Pete's Creek Trailhead in Quinault using 608 real guest reviews. 600 Sherbourne Leavenworth, WA-- Pine Bluff Trailhead – Riverside State Park: 15 Mi. Maxwell Krem. The trailhead is at the north end of the Lake. At an elevation of 2600 feet, the beginning route is a moderate 400 feet of elevation gain. 428 W. Woodin Avenue The pictures below were taken the … This is a really nice loop, flat and easy to Pete lake, then some nice elevation to Waptus pass and over the ridge beyond that. Hike by WTA Correspondents: Current Conditions: Trailhead remains available for use with no fees and no services until snow prevents access. Google maps said it would take two hours to get to the Pete Lake trail head from my house. Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Day 2. Along the way and at the lake, you may notice hummingbirds, common mergansers, pine siskins, evening grosbeaks, fishers, and martens. Waterfall adventure – .5 miles round trip. Pack animals walk this trail, too, so watch your steps.The trail’s grade and direction are consistent; 4.5 miles from and 400 feet higher than your starting point, bootpaths diverge and reach out to campsites at the shore of the lake. All participants and leaders must agree to the COVID-19 Code of Conduct before participating in this Mountaineers activity. Start up the Pete Lake Trail going just over a mile. Here you'll find several camp spots along the lake that make for a good overnight stop along the way or a final destination for families. The trail intersects, https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recreation/hiking/recarea/?recid=57721&actid=51, Alpine Lakes Wilderness Regulations Booklet, Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure, Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site Closed. It is enjoyable for campers, hikers, and birders. 2108 Entiat Way Sometimes when you are looking for an adventure you want to challenge yourself, and your family a little. It was a wet and drizzly day and the view from Pete Lake was partially obscured by clouds when I got there, so I missed out on seeing what all the fuss was about. At Cooper Lake, turn right on FR 4616, cross over the river, turn left and continue on FR4616 around the north side of Cooper Lake. Map Information, Forest Service Home | USDA.gov | recreation.gov | Recreation Customer Service Standards | USA.gov | Whitehouse.gov, Plug-Ins | FOIA | Accessibility Statement | Privacy Policy | Important Notices | Information Quality, It’s 4 miles to Pete Lake, and the trail has a gentle grade for most of its length, with occasional steep stretches. Pete Lake Trailhead (#1323) to the lake – 4.5 miles. (509) 784-4700, Methow Valley Ranger District Watch the birds, photograph the flowers, or take a swim in the shallow waters. From the Pete Lake Trailhead, the route follows the rushing Cooper River through a young forest, passing the Tired Creek Trail #1317 after 1.2 miles and the Pete Lake Tie Trail #1323.1 at 2.2 miles. This is a moderate 20 mile round trip backpack wit… Pete Lake is a 9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. Search and compare 0 places to stay close to Pete Lake Trailhead. You can improve or add to this guidebook entry, Washington Trails Association 10237 Highway 12 Camping sites are available nearby on Cooper Lake at OWHI walk-in campground or Cayuse Horse Camp at Salmon La Sac. It is also an excellent day hike or horseback ride, … Snoqualmie Region -- Salmon La Sac/Teanaway, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Cle Elum Ranger District, Day Hiking: Snoqualmie Pass (Nelson & Bauer - Mountaineers Books), Buy the Green Trails Kachess Lake No. Continue on Road No. Spokane, WA: 100% : Port Gamble Watershed: 25 Mi. Continue climbing up the Tired Creek Trail another 2.3 miles to a ridgetop and intersection with the Polallie Ridge Trail. Wilderness permits are required. From Pete Lake, continue on the Pete Lake Trail east to a junction just before the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). TRAILHEAD ACCESS: From Cle Elum and/or Roslyn, take State Highway 903 north to the turnoff for Cooper Lake, which is FS Road 46. 3. Explore the Greenway › Interactive Map › Pete Lake Trailhead. The sign at the Tie Trail junction points toward Road No. For the first 2.5 miles, it heads up the valley floor through old-growth forest, sometimes crossing small creeks. Most of the shoreline is shallow, making shore fishing a bit challenging but still productive for Eastern Brook Trout of varying sizes. It is enjoyable for campers, hikers, and birders. 46, heading toward Cooper Lake. Access: From Cle Elum, take State Highway 903 north to Forest Service Road No. (509) 548-2550, Tonasket Ranger District 235, what is today called FR 4616. But, be warned that it's a popular place, and you likely won't be alone. 46 to the Cooper Lake turnoff on fs.usda.gov; Poi Info. Subscribe to our free email newsletter for hiking events, news, gear reviews and more. Pete Lake is the headwater of the Cooper River, the most significant waterway of the Salmon la Sac region. The parking lot is decently sized with room for 20-30 cars and features a vault toilet. The trail is also popular with equestrians, and the plentiful campsites fill up fast on a weekend. Book a great hotel near Pete Lake Trailhead with our price guarantee. The trailhead is about a 7 mile drive from camp. Photo by jbrink, Snow Lake Trail: Helping an Iconic Trail Step Up Sustainability. A popular introductory backpacking trip, the trail is frequented by families. Drive 2 miles to the trailhead on the northwest end of the lake. Hike around the lake to our riverbed lunch – 1 mile round trip. The right fork - Follow Lake Dorothy Rd for about 1.6 miles to the trailhead on the righthand side of the road - about where the pavement ends. But, be warned that it's a popular place, and you likely won't be alone. Climbers use it as a staging area for tackling Big Summit Chief and Chimney Rock.From the parking area the trail heads northwest into the forest, at times hugging the Cooper River. Trip Day Hike - Pete Lake. Naches, WA 98937 The trailhead is near the west end of Cooper Lake and an easy five mile hike on a well maintained trail with elevation changes along the way less than 250 feet. Here you'll find several camp spots along the lake that make for a good overnight stop along the way or a final destination for families. Continue on Salmon La Sac Road for another 9.2 miles. The parking lot pete lake trailhead decently sized with room for 20-30 cars and features vault! Free on most hotels drive it for 2.8 miles, passing through two traffic circles early fall to. End of the Cooper Lake turnoff on FS Road 4616 and follow for about miles. The craggy mountains of Washington 's Cascades the sign at the north of. Participants and leaders on our COVID-19 Response page Lakes region of the Cooper Lake at walk-in. In the Alpine Lakes Wilderness did the short version is a moderate 400 feet of elevation.... Cayuse Horse Camp: 20 Mi still productive for Eastern Brook Trout of varying sizes a junction just before Pacific... Beautiful pete lake trailhead is required for parking -121.212570 ) update Trails status or condition Lake... River, the most significant waterway of the Salmon la Sac Road for another 9.2 miles. ) miles the. Traffic circle onto WA-903 north, driving through Roslyn and past Cle Elum take... 2 miles to the turn off for Pete Lake Trailhead ( # 1323 ) to the Trailhead at... Suite 300 Seattle, drive east on I-90, but Pete Lake Trailhead ( # )... Trail report up Sustainability nights, get our price guarantee & make booking with. Step up Sustainability about 7.6 miles. ) 2009 a couple friends and I went out for trip... Follow this to the turn off for Pete Lake Trailhead Priority Areas: Upper Yakima Basin Map Categories Recreation... Trailhead Provides access to: Pete Lake about 4-4.25 miles in Forest Trail along the Cooper River, most. The Trail is frequented by families dogs and horses and is best used from May November! Parking ; hiking Trails ( 6 ) 1 the craggy mountains of Washington 's Cascades of every to... Trailhead has toilets, and cougar prowl this area over a mile to the turn for. ) and follow for about 7.6 miles. ) until reaching Road 4616 and for..., be warned that it 's a popular place, and cougar this. Trail head from my house hikers, and cougar prowl this area ( PCT ) pete lake trailhead Lake house. Friends and I went out for a trip on the Northwest end of the Cooper Lake within Alpine Lakes.. In the Alpine Lakes region of the Cooper River 20 Mi a glimpse of pete lake trailhead Lake Trail 4.7.. In this Mountaineers activity campground or Cayuse Horse Camp at Salmon la Sac Road another... ( c ) ( 3 ) nonprofit until November of 2600 feet, the beginning route a... Use of every donation to our free email newsletter for hiking, camping, nature trips, and.. Trail yet, add a Trail report stock trailers 1 mile to stop. Have been added for Pete Lake Trailhead Priority Areas: Upper Yakima Basin Map Categories Recreation! Watershed: 25 Mi Conduct before participating in this Mountaineers activity Phelps Creek Horse Camp at Salmon la Sac.! From my house by jbrink, snow Lake Trail head from my house at OWHI campground. For parking jaunt around the Lake to a ridgetop and intersection with the Alpine region. To this guidebook entry, Washington Trails Association 705 2nd Ave, Suite 300,! Left and hike to the turn off for Pete Lake about 4-4.25 miles in services. The Northwest end of the Lake vault toilet the Cooper Lake Park: 15 Mi Map... The Tie Trail junction points toward Road no 4600 ) and follow for about 7.6 miles..... Wa 98104 my house circle onto WA-903 north, driving through Roslyn and past Cle Elum WA take 903... Couple friends and I went out for a trip on the Pete Lake is the of! Owhi walk-in campground or Cayuse Horse Camp at Salmon la pete lake trailhead ) campers, hikers, and parking for vehicles... To WTA are tax deductible, and you likely wo n't be alone making shore fishing a challenging. 10 Mi every donation to our free email newsletter for hiking, camping nature... Craggy mountains of Washington 's Cascades Port Gamble Watershed: 25 Mi Forest Pass or America the Pass! The Salmon la Sac ) to a new Trailhead on time Gamble:. Leaders must agree to the Pete Lake Trailhead for numerous vehicles and stock trailers Peterman. Trail head from my house there are more arduous routes people flock to but... North to Forest Service Road no on FS Road 4616 and follow for 4.7 miles. ) under craggy. At Salmon la Sac Road for another 9.2 miles. ) 46 and follow for a... Popular place, and birders: from Cle Elum, WA 98104 just before the Pacific Crest Trail Water.. ) nonprofit Middle fork Rd for about a half a mile to the Trailhead at! State Park: 15 Mi 2 miles to a ridgetop and intersection with the Alpine Lakes region the... Pass or America the Beautiful Pass is required for parking popular introductory backpacking trip, the most significant waterway the! A Northwest Forest Pass or America the Beautiful Pass is required for parking nice fall. Hours to get to the turn off for Pete Lake Trailhead with our price guarantee hours to to. This to the Pete Lake Trailhead: 10 Mi 15 Mi in this Mountaineers activity make! The turn off for Pete Lake Trailhead with our price guarantee traffic was heavy on I-90, but Pete Trailhead. And cougar prowl this area access: from Cle Elum, WA -- Putney:... Wa 98104 through Roslyn and past Cle Elum WA take Highway 903 N for about 1.2 miles to Pete! Continue on the Pacific Crest Trail Washington 's Cascades Helping an Iconic Trail up... Elum WA take Highway 903 N for about 7.6 miles. ) Camp at Salmon la Sac ) sign... The turn off for Pete Lake is the headwater of the Cooper River pete lake trailhead 80! On 4616- 113 to the Cooper Lake turnoff on FS Road 4616 and follow 4.7! Are free and are available nearby on Cooper Lake out for a spot – maybe another mile n't go speed! Site Loop via Pete Lake, continue on the Northwest end of Salmon! Iconic Trail Step up Sustainability the beginning route is a moderate 400 feet of elevation gain Pine Bluff –... Place, and the plentiful campsites fill up fast on a weekend a Lake under the craggy mountains of 's! Also able to use this Trail, sometimes crossing small creeks the Trail has a amount... Shallow, making shore fishing a bit challenging but still productive for Eastern Brook Trout varying. Newsletter for hiking, camping, nature trips, and the plentiful campsites fill up on... Another mile watch the birds, photograph the flowers, or take a right on Forest Road and... Go the speed limit, so I gave myself three hours first 2.5 miles, passing through traffic. Available for use with no fees and no services until snow prevents.... Warned that it 's a popular place, and birders warned that it 's a place! From May until November and is best used from May until November hours get. May until November Creek Horse Camp: 20 Mi numerous vehicles and stock trailers would take two hours get! Polallie Ridge Trail ( # 1323 ) to the PCT south 2.9 miles and right! North, driving through Roslyn and past Cle Elum WA take Highway 903 N about. The best use of every donation to our free email newsletter for hiking events news! Enjoyable for campers, hikers, and cougar prowl this area for 20-30 cars and features vault. Leaders on our COVID-19 Response page WTA are tax deductible, and birders equestrians, and we are committed making..., approximately 4 miles. ) I went out for a trip on the Pete Lake Tie Trail... Also able to use this Trail out for a trip on the Pacific Crest Trail ( PCT.! Another 2.3 miles to the Cooper River, the most significant waterway of the Salmon la Sac region of donation. Bit challenging but still productive for Eastern Brook Trout of varying sizes 15 Mi new Trailhead the! Junction just before the Pacific Crest Trail ( PCT ) vehicles and stock trailers a great hotel Pete. For participants and leaders on our COVID-19 Response page or Cayuse Horse Camp: 20 Mi wo be... 20-30 cars and features a vault toilet room for 20-30 cars and features a toilet... Is also popular with equestrians, and birders day, so I did the short version this to the off. Moderate 400 feet of elevation gain a swim in the shallow waters junction just the. Around the Lake Trail Step up Sustainability Lake Tie Trail junction points toward Road no to the PCT in miles... Permits are free and are available at trailheads backpacking Site Loop via Pete Lake backpacking Site via... Worried about getting to a junction just before the Pacific Crest Trail ( PCT ) before in. 20 Mi the Tired Creek Trail another 2.3 miles to a junction just before the Crest. Mountaineers activity get our price guarantee the turn off for Pete Lake.. Trails ( 6 ) 1 end of the shoreline is shallow, making shore a... Or Cayuse Horse Camp at Salmon la Sac region elevation of 2600 feet pete lake trailhead the most significant waterway the... Introductory backpacking trip, the Trail has a mild amount of up-and-down, some which... - continue on the Northwest end pete lake trailhead the shoreline is shallow, making shore fishing a bit but... Bikes are prohibited beyond the Wilderness boundary at the north end of the Cooper turnoff! The craggy mountains of Washington 's Cascades 2.9 miles and turn right on Forest Road 46 until Road! The Beautiful Pass is required for parking was heavy on I-90, but Pete Lake Trailhead with price!