We just got a new puppy. We have a 2.5 year old English Bulldog we have had since he was a puppy. It is the most popular and is great with children. 1. It is a large breed with a life span of 9 to 14 years. He may be acting aggressively but, in fact, he is not considered an aggressive, dangerous dog. I have a 4-year-old female Olde English Bulldog. Hi to everyone,I posted her a few months back when we started noting aggression from our bulldog. I apologize in advance for the long explanation but I feel it is necessary to explain as this is a unique situation and I really need someone to help me. Please read this in its entirety before giving me advice. Do not get the English Bulldog mixed up with the American Bulldog. Sometimes called the Original English Bulldogge, this relatively new breed was bred in the 1970s by crossing English bulldogs with pit bulls, bullmastiffs, and American bulldogs. Bulldog Aggression Bulldog aggression and dominance is something that comes instinctually to the breed, but the majority of it has been bred out over time. He never did this before. They explain that this is to cover their costs of artificial insemination (because most Bulldogs are too deformed to be able to mate without assistance) and C-sections (because the puppies' heads are too over-sized to be born normally). Sharing is caring. Helping an English Bulldog Stop Acting Aggressive to a Boyfriend . The Olde English Bulldogge breed was created decades ago by David Leavitt to come up with a healthy English bulldog that is able to work and breathe without a problem.Breeding Olde English Bulldogge dogs means being very careful about the pedigrees of your breeding dogs, the registries, and the health screenings available at ay given time.. Because the breed is so young and … Again, temperament can sometimes vary depending on genes and traits that have been passed down through bloodlines. REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums. Hi, We just adopted a 4 year old female bulldog a month ago. Published Date: January 29, 2018. President Warren G. Harding owned a Bulldog named "Old Boy." However, they are also conflicted by their desire for attention and will typically submit when offered some fuss. However, they have retained the courage that was originally bred into them for bull baiting, so they make fine watchdogs. They crossed the remnants of the existing stock with the pug and over the years that followed they developed the modern English Bulldog. Jake is an English Bulldog. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. The Olde English Bulldogge is a recently developed dog from the US also known as the Olde English Bulldog or nicknamed Bulldogge or OEB. They are ferociously protective of their owners and others in the family. All of sudden (for no reason we can figure out) he has become aggressive toward me when I approach him while he is sitting on my wife's lap. In 1971 he became disenchanted with English Bulldogs due to their breeding and breathing problems. For about the last month, my bulldog has been very aggressive when I attempt to take him for a walk. I have already done a lot of research and have already improved his behavior some. A puppy who is biting you or someone else in the family is doing so because he has not yet learned the rules of playing with humans. Facts About the Olde English Bulldogge Dog Breed In 1971, Pennsylvania native David Leavitt set out to create an English Bulldog in the traditional sense — less intense, more nimble and healthier. Olde English Bulldogges are less aggressive than their now extinct namesakes - The Old English Bulldog - but this doesn't mean they are a pushover! English Bulldogs have a slow maturation process. It was developed in the 1970s with the purpose of dealing with the many health issues Bulldogs have. She has been so sweet and wonderful with us and our 4 kids (12,13,19,and 21). The Olde English Bulldogge is a rare breed developed by David Leavitt by the crossing of half English Bulldog, and the other half: Bullmastiff, Pit Bull and American Bulldog. Old Tyme Bulldogs are … However, I am still having problems. Some dogs may even show aggressive behaviors. Link to this: Bulldog vs Old English Bulldog vs Olde English Bulldogge – Which one is a better dog breed for you? Life with an English Bulldog presents a lot of challenges. We have a common entry way with a door leading to either apartment. List of the Cons of Owning an English Bulldog.