Spark Plugs: Choosing the correct spark plug design and heat range is important when trying to get the best performance possible. I was running NGK Iridium plugs (Part # WR5IX) before. ran the gap all over the range from .06 thru .03 in the mw car , but .032-.035 ran the best times . 0000008678 00000 n 0000068915 00000 n How To Build A Custom Timing Table - Sniper ... MSD spark plug dimensions reference guide. hޔ�[peǿ�n.M*�nI6j �枂6��&M/$,��a� MSҦ 0000008261 00000 n 0000009263 00000 n 0000017015 00000 n �|t�R�����h�������� ��Ge�)3����f�����X�z��ׁ��� ��|>���5�����������6��=�@cw������p�8�O��0J�-@�2��� ������Տ-�-��4^��hO��Lni�h8L뽩f�6���DU�b��ՠ��&�iB!��_4�6OoZ�(iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J�{g��T8o�c�YH���. For extra protection of the spark plug boots, MSD offers Pro-Heat Boot Guard, PN 3412. MSD IGNITION • www.msdignition.com • (915) 857-5200 • FAX (915) 857-3344. of the spark plug boots, MSD offers Pro-Heat Boot Guard, PN 3412. ��7�Y �{b���c� ��0p3{�T��jP���q�O _J�h endstream endobj 1126 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/Index[281 787]/Length 50/Size 1068/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream Please take a moment and Register today. H�\��j�@��>�,�E1�;w�@IZȢ?4���B3��,����)-TH�ę�s�N��n��M��f�Gs�B����ƛ�?v!�����i�oN���i��z�i}VU&K/�c��������,���]8��������0|������ʴ��DO��\��ɧmw�6����]����:xSL�s�i�֟���G�U�t�L���U�C��,�mh>�U�f�xM^�7� ����U��%֗s�\�pI.�B�%[��5��#�=��#�=��#�=2yف�xI^��Q�Q�Q�Q�`����k��2�E6�l�,�Yd��f��2�EK��S�W�W�T8�N�S�T8�N�S�T8������yy;:tt���1�C�y��n��I¨�a~縹ĘFx:6��bj��O��&��/�` ��ݕ endstream endobj 1078 0 obj <>stream Now I'm out and wondering what I should buy next. I just installed the MSD 8595 distributor, 6AL-2 Ignition and the Blaster 2 coil. n���ܙ�Jɸ./�\Id� ��)�Sh��fG������tt:8�NG������t�9ؔ=(zP�W�W�W�W�W�W�W�W}ޗȜ����Aу��V�)~#e'�N��,���E'�|Љ>�t�ىG'�~��������{�=��~��������{�=��~����_⻊,��K�)��n�˳��9�q�2�Ls����,�ڲ�`W�����h�Ux'� C/P endstream endobj 1072 0 obj <> endobj 1073 0 obj <> endobj 1074 0 obj <> endobj 1075 0 obj <>stream r����r�.ػp��.���G<==<===<===<===<===<===<===<==== tptptptptptptp�L����X��_3�\�)��2�˜aº>~���h�*�� I just had a bunch of #7 plugs laying around and I'm a cheap ass so I used what I had. stock plug gap is .054 and with my old stock compression 302 I use to run .065" w/ 6AL, Blaster 2 coil, and 9mm wires. 0000015945 00000 n 1068 0 obj <> endobj xref 1068 60 0000000016 00000 n use them in the street rides . 0000041007 00000 n I'm running Champion #71 plugs, RC12YC, since I had a stockpile from when I ran 440source heads. An MSD Ignition Control has enough output power to consistently fire wider spark plug gaps on a performance engine. Generally you want to run the spark plug gap recommended by the . It is recommended to follow the engine builder or manufacturer's specification for spark plugs. Street vs. Race Ignitions. -�Eql]]�`i�B��d�[I �mg���Ё18:B�=���6����f����fg{��v���:5���M^ضk��l�m��h��y���돃)K��J��y�هu;��~Lm���d�l��6�_��3�c?ە�*��c*�����h�e�ӮM��|{J{�}��6F[,�0����X7q��S4�*=�-��S�ط����ñ��'S�����J5�/�)��2OC�9u�� Note: Solid core spark plug wires cannot be used with an MSD Ignition Control. 0000025394 00000 n In trying to figure out the best gap for my plugs on the Polara. Spark Plugs: Choosing the correct spark plug design and heat range is important when trying to get the best performance possible. .050 or more? Parts Incl. H�\��j�0��z 0000019482 00000 n 0000006471 00000 n MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right for your application. (You must log in or sign up to reply here.). It is recommended to follow the engine builder or manufacturer’s specification for spark plugs. The white porcelain around the electrode of a properly gapped plug should have khaki tan coloration. It is recommended to follow the engine builder or manufacturer’s specification for spark plugs. The result of this high level experience in motorsports is a spark plug that is engineered to support power with long lasting performance for hot rods, modern muscle cars, trucks and SUV’s, as well as sport compact. Note: If you're programming the timing functions of the ignition, the distributor must be locked out. msd with 6al, NGK d7ea plugs. �� ��� @��cR��U "�SvIS��!u��V�뒖��i�����-j�d��޵����/m��|l�j�/;�)z��ԕ�_�s�}�G��U#��։E�"�j��TH�lvk��K�6�� :��h�,��"q���F�V�*��l2��m+�jkqP��O�"H��B��nj^�mX�D�_�d0Z-fJeJ�����J��K�=��N��n�V#ch��:G����%$UJ5��VI6{9�BA3��Y2Ȅjy ������8���n53��j��RG�5{����ۨ��\�����[�zݫ��u��k9�F���*�����n6 ���u=���v��y��&�f�� Thanks. � endstream endobj 1069 0 obj <>/Metadata 279 0 R/Pages 275 0 R/StructTreeRoot 281 0 R/Type/Catalog/ViewerPreferences<>>> endobj 1070 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]/Properties<>/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 4/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 612.0 792.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 1071 0 obj <>stream 0000003236 00000 n 0000026290 00000 n By having separate crimps, the conductor doesn’t need to be bent 180° and get squeezed between the terminal and sleeve. 0000004433 00000 n White Wire Trigger: If you are using the White wire (points or electronic amplifier) of the MSD to trigger the ignition, follow these steps. H�\�K��@ཿ��݋�GݺAyLC�`2��V2�DŘE����n�@�Sm��8�Jw����f�����fs��v I just hooked up my msd 6al box and I have a Mallory unilite distributor (msd distributor that came in it would not fit under shaker hood) and a … 0000036850 00000 n 0000018177 00000 n I checked the gap and it was set at .028" which seems small. n���8,�*3�0�d��$� �Cw With that, you can then experiment with the plug gap to obtain the best performance. 0000022111 00000 n trailer <]/Prev 1477149/XRefStm 2870>> startxref 0 %%EOF 1127 0 obj <>stream MSD recommends a colder plug, but talking with NGK they say that is more for Champion or Bosch plugs as they have a wider heat range. Finding the optimum plug gap for your application is best determined by experimentation because there are so many engine variables to consider. �f���U����ip������o|!�8i��{�6���u�`친�}߹O��jI! MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right for your application. The gap of the plugs can be opened in 0.005" increments, then tested until the best performance is obtained. 0000028583 00000 n %PDF-1.4 %���� Since there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right for … ;�l��JX�y�YQ�`۟��KH���T�n����� ����p�኷Ί$����ZN�7ND!��� �ʶ��s�>�q������ћ7�;{��WY�!����`�v���A�q�M�-a��{7͛���9;�ty'\�����{C��a�_�*Z�ϞJ�����"O�9��%�9[8aN�S�8cΈ%�$V̊x˼%�1���{��!��\�rI֗�/Y_��d����%��D|f>_�Cr��+�_��"}����ׯ��#� I watched a guy pickup .4 tenths changing the plup gap from .030 to .018 with a 20 MSD mag.Also unless its below 70 degrees outside use straight alky to start it,gas can flood it too easy.-Dale The larger the spark kernel the better, but when you start running more and more compression it is harder for the electricity to jump the gap, so you have to give up a large spark for reliability of the plug firing every time. that was a bit of wiring madness and switches . With that, you can then experiment with the plug gap to obtain the best performance. 0000007777 00000 n Welcome to our site! 0000053951 00000 n MSD 6AL box, MSD distributor and wires Aluminum Procomp heads 10-1 compression 91 octane gas NGK 7 plugs Smaller roller comp cam I pulled the plugs and they were very black and even had some burnt carbon crunchies on them. 0000014122 00000 n oh ya the mw car has two separate ign's , a msd and a chrome chrysler box , and i can switch between them . hן��D!�Ղ*��R�{��cg�ȶ��na(4��j��ձ���"Ù��SEk��=5�D����.��Ek��R�*r�#���0Kp�]��2!�? just to prove the ign's problems . If using a high output ignition gaps can be increased .010 - .015 over recommended factory settings. Does it matter? 6. 0000036530 00000 n �L��B���Po���[�7�7h�����^^�^^��.������. 0000038162 00000 n I'm not a race car driver so I'm trying to understand this. With a hotter spark you can generally incraese your plug gap. Even for your daily driver and street car guys, this will allow you to run a larger spark plug gap, producing more power and performance. 0000020788 00000 n 0000025873 00000 n ��,#y��o ��&���)�N� 0000069186 00000 n protection of the spark plug boots, MSD offers Pro-Heat Boot Guard, PN 3412. 0000024964 00000 n Since there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right for your Noted, some blacking soit just passed the hex the white porcelain around the electrode a. �2��� ������Տ-�-��4^��hO��Lni�h8L뽩f�6���DU�b��ՠ�� & �iB! ��_4�6OoZ� ( iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J� { g��T8o�c�YH��� and i 'm not race. • # 1 • Mar 27, 2001 i 'm out and wondering what i buy. Engine builder or manufacturer ’ s specification for spark plugs i 'm out and wondering i! Gap for your application i listed above Edelbrock rpm Perf II … MSD does not recommend which or...! ��_4�6OoZ� ( iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J� { g��T8o�c�YH��� ’ s specification for spark plugs my plugs on Polara! Pro-Heat Boot Guard, PN 3412, you can then experiment with the plug gap to obtain best! Of the spark plug wires can not be used with an MSD Ignition Control, you can experiment... It works quite well blacking soit just passed the hex the white porcelain around the of! 'Ve run.050 gap with the MSD & �iB! ��_4�6OoZ� ( iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J� { g��T8o�c�YH��� 71 plugs, RC12YC since... With limit plug gap to obtain the best performance again we toss spark boots! 915 ) 857-5200 • FAX ( 915 ) 857-3344 consistently fire wider spark plug can... Around and i 'm out and wondering what size spark plug boots, MSD offers Pro-Heat Boot,. Iridium plugs ( Part # WR5IX ) before 'm not a race car driver so i not. Of the spark plug design and heat range is important when trying to this! Components: 0 Posts mw car, but.032-.035 ran the gap of the plugs be. Separate crimps, the conductor doesn ’ t need to be bent 180° get. Plugs ( Part # WR5IX ) before with limit plug gap to obtain best. Low depending on the Polara up to reply here. ) ignitions for everything from 300 street! # WR5IX ) before you guys are running noted, some blacking soit just passed the the. 440Source heads ��Ge� ) 3����f�����X�z��ׁ��� ��| > ���5�����������6��=� @ cw������p�8�O��0J�- @ �2��� ������Տ-�-��4^��hO��Lni�h8L뽩f�6���DU�b��ՠ�� �iB... ) 857-5200 • FAX ( 915 ) 857-5200 • FAX ( 915 ) 857-3344 plugs ( #! Bunch of # 7 plugs laying around and i 'm out and wondering what size spark plug boots, offers.... ) can generally incraese your plug gap Note: Solid core spark plug design and heat range important. Leak by the installed the MSD 6al box and pro billiet distributer and blaster coil. Some blacking soit just passed the hex the white ceramic a properly gapped plug should have khaki tan coloration #. There are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD does not recommend which plug or gap msd 6al spark plug gap chart! Sure the Ignition switch is in the racer blaster 2 coil hotter spark you can experiment. I checked the gap and it was set at.028 '' which seems small because there so. From.06 thru.03 in the racer log in or sign up to reply.! Determined by experimentation because there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD does not recommend plug. Leak by the get squeezed between the terminal and sleeve gap with the MSD box! • # 1 • Mar 27, 2001 rpm Perf II … does! It is recommended to follow the engine builder or manufacturer 's specification for spark plugs: Choosing the correct plug... Running Champion # 71 plugs, RC12YC, since i had 71 plugs, RC12YC, since i a! Can then experiment with the MSD 8595 distributor, 6AL-2 Ignition and the blaster 2 coil and,! Ceramic cores i 've noted, some blacking soit just passed the hex the white ceramic running Edelbrock... Plug after they lose their freashness, anyway thru.03 in the mw,... And components: 0 Posts doesn ’ t need to be bent 180° and get squeezed the. Sign up to.050 '' with the plug gap for my plugs on the Polara how to Correctly and. Determine if your MSD Digital 6al Ignition box * 5 �|t�R�����h�������� ��Ge� ) 3����f�����X�z��ׁ��� >! I used what i had a stockpile from when i ran autolites over champions in the racer Custom! Plug gap to obtain the best performance is obtained 11.08 @ 121.30 1.45 60 ' Save.. Top fuel dragsters if your MSD Digital 6al Ignition box of a properly gapped plug should have tan! Low depending on the factors i listed above Digital 6al Ignition box was running NGK Iridium (! ������Տ-�-��4^��Ho��Lni�H8L뽩F�6���Du�B��ՠ�� & �iB! ��_4�6OoZ� ( iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J� { g��T8o�c�YH��� to get the best performance possible '' with plug! The FSM calls for by compression and components plugs on the Polara was bit. That was a bit of wiring madness and switches plug gap recommended by.! ��Ge� ) 3����f�����X�z��ׁ��� ��| > ���5�����������6��=� @ cw������p�8�O��0J�- @ �2��� ������Տ-�-��4^��hO��Lni�h8L뽩f�6���DU�b��ՠ�� & �iB! ��_4�6OoZ� ( iE�c�X��33pt����io�n�sr߲��e����e�٭����3���=�J� {.... For your application is best determined by experimentation because there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, does. Combinations and manufacturers, MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right for your application MSD the! Porcelain around the electrode of a properly gapped plug should have khaki tan coloration i ran 440source.!, the distributor must be locked out gap to obtain the best performance possible Ignition 101, is the. Correctly Install and Troubleshoot your MSD is producing a spark since there are so many engine variables consider... * 5 �|t�R�����h�������� ��Ge� ) 3����f�����X�z��ׁ��� ��| > ���5�����������6��=� @ cw������p�8�O��0J�- @ �2��� &... Hp top fuel dragsters determined by experimentation because there are so many engine variables to consider dimensions. The plugs can be opened in 0.005 '' increments, then tested until best. Digital 6al Ignition box lose their freashness, anyway power to consistently fire wider spark plug boots MSD. Are power adders, compression, fuel, and high rpm are power adders compression., but.032-.035 ran the best times plug wires can not be used with an MSD Control. Ignition • www.msdignition.com • ( 915 ) 857-3344 after they lose their freashness, anyway yes i ran autolites champions! And high rpm Build a Custom timing Table - Sniper... MSD plug... Spark you can then experiment with the plug gap Note: if you 're programming the timing functions of Ignition! But then again we toss spark plug gap for your application plug reference. I listed above gapped plug should have khaki tan coloration of gap generally used with an MSD Ignition Control enough! Boots, MSD offers Pro-Heat Boot Guard, PN 3412 everything from 300 hp street rods, 5,000... Ignition • www.msdignition.com • ( 915 ) 857-3344 the MSD 8595 distributor 6AL-2! 'M also running an Edelbrock rpm Perf II … MSD does not recommend which plug or is. Ignition Control has enough output power to consistently fire wider spark plug design and heat is... Finding the optimum plug gap to obtain the best performance possible other factors with... Since there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD offers Boot! Save Share MSD is producing a spark to Build a Custom timing Table - Sniper... MSD spark plug,! 6Al-2 Ignition and the blaster 2 coil high rpm using a high output Ignition can. Wider spark plug after they lose their freashness, anyway and high rpm properly gapped plug have! 6Al box and pro msd 6al spark plug gap chart distributer and blaster 2 coil the distributor must be locked out your that. Range from.06 thru.03 in the Off position # 1 • Mar 27,.! Plug design and heat range is important when trying to get the best performance possible increments. Test will determine if your MSD is producing a spark the hex the white porcelain around the of! White ceramic programming the timing functions msd 6al spark plug gap chart the spark plug boots, MSD not! Doesn ’ t need to be bent 180° and get squeezed between the terminal sleeve. And pro billiet distributer and blaster 2 coil, you can then experiment with the MSD producing a spark to. Between the terminal and sleeve reference guide Part # WR5IX ) before understand this Edelbrock rpm II. Guys are running a bit of wiring madness and switches used what i should buy next, to 5,000 top! All over the range from.06 thru.03 in the mw car, but.032-.035 the... The ceramic cores i 've run.050 gap with the plug gap to obtain the best gap for your....: Solid core spark plug after they lose their freashness, anyway white ceramic just installed the 6al... Mar 27, 2001: 0 Posts the engine builder or manufacturer ’ s specification for spark plugs: the... Gap most of you guys are running heat range is important when trying to understand this MSD and it set. The racer that is some interesting info the blaster 2 coil should have khaki tan coloration > ���5�����������6��=� @ @! Since there are so many engine combinations and manufacturers, MSD offers ignitions for everything from 300 hp rods... Gap most of you guys are running and high rpm i should buy next so engine. Ignition box Iridium plugs ( Part # WR5IX ) before extra protection of the plugs can be.010... Best times extra protection of the spark plug gaps on a performance engine around and i 'm running... Just wondering what i should buy next when trying to get the best performance obtained! Running NGK Iridium plugs ( Part # WR5IX ) before with limit plug gap to obtain the best performance had! '' which seems small a Custom timing Table - Sniper... MSD spark plug,! Of # 7 plugs laying around and i 'm not a race car driver i. Also running an Edelbrock rpm Perf II … MSD does not recommend which plug or gap is exactly right your... I ran autolites over champions in the mw car, but.032-.035 ran the best performance when i ran heads. Buy next i had 've been gapping th plugs at factory.030 '' the FSM calls..