Pierce sausages and place them in a saucepan with enough water to cover them, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Then also add your 3 x heaped teaspoons of Keens Curry powder (into the stock liquid). Add in the Keen’s Curried Sausages Recipe Base and fry for a further 2 minutes. Product Details. 5 0 5 17 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 3 hrs 15 mins 3 hrs 3 hrs 15 mins Yields: approximately 4 Ingredients2 tbsp olive oil 8 sausages of your choice 1 large brown onion sliced 1 large carrot … Add the tin tomato's, tomato paste, frozen vegetables, chicken stock and curry powder. Recipe by Best Recipes. Add in your tomato sauce, … 1 cup Green beans. 69. Reduce the heat to low. Remove from heat and stir through peas and spinach. Stir in sausages, jam and cream, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add McCormick Curried Sausages Recipe Base and 1 cup (250 mL) water stirring well to combine. Place the sausages into a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Directions. Blend soup mix with water and pour over vegetables. Meat. Fry onion and frozen vegies in the oil until onion is tender. Slice the onion and add it to a medium heated frypan with a splash of olive oil, while the onion is cooking away add in your sausages that have been cut into small pieces. Melt butter in a saucepan and fry onions, apple and curry powder. Add stock and bring to the boil while stirring. Drain well, set aside in a bowl and toss in olive oil so it doesn’t stick together. Mix the cornflower and water and stir through - this will be the thickener for the sauce. 2 cup Chicken stock. 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly. Quisque eu luctus neque, sit amet pulvinar sapien. It helps release the fat and stops them from imploding.) Mccormicks Keens Curried Sausages 40g $ 1. Boil until slightly soft. 55-70 days. … Mix with similarly sized Jaune Flammee and Czech’s Excellent Yellow for an eye-catching tricolor heirloom mix. 500g pumpkin. Anticipating the 1883 completion of the Northern Pacific Railroad’s transcontinental to Puget Sound, the sternwheeler’s owner, the Oregon Railroad and Navigation Company, sent her across the Columbia Bar en route to her new Puget Sound service. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with spray oil and brown sausages over a medium heat. Coconut Curried Sausages is the first Thermomix recipe I ever “developed”. 14.2 g In our PK days (pre-Keto…haha) Curried Sausages was more of a ‘open a packet … 1-2 tbsp vegetable stock paste (recipe here – thermomix or non-thermomix method) 2-3 cups water (use less if you prefer a thicker sauce) 1kg beef sausages (grass fed, preservative free if you can) handful sultanas (optional) Method: 165 g Serve), Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins. I used to make it a bit when my now-husband and I first moved in together. Slice and onion, chop up a peeled apple, slice a carrot and cook until soft. Add the sausages back into the mix. Remove and set aside to cool slightly. In a bowl whisk the stock, relish, curry powder, sugar, vinegar, Worcester sauce, tomato sauce and cornflour until smooth. She was, the McCurdy Marine history claims, the favorite passenger boat on that packet. (Prick sausages prior to putting in the pot. I have used good old Keens Curry powder for this recipe and I actually really liked how the flavour came up.. EmailTweet 153 Full-screen The best ever curried sausages! Spray slow cooker with olive oil. Blend cornflour with the water and add to sausages, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens. Add to cart . I was lucky enough to be able to sample Keens products and curried sausages are a Winter time favourite meal. STEP 3: Add Keen’s Curry Powder, garlic, broccolini, and … Add the sausages back into the mix. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. STEP 2: In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat, then add onion and sausage meat, stirring for five minutes. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/keens-classic-curried-sausages/2138556 Add potatoes, carrots, onion, peas and sausages to slow cooker. 1 Salt and ground pepper. I have adjusted it slightly to suit our family. https://www.flyingdrunkenmonkey.com/slow-cooker-curried-sausages Optional step: add ketchup or sauce powder and mix for a further minutes... The cornflower and water and Massel stock powder the curried Sausage gravy only takes about 5 minutes add carrots sugar... Between sausages or eggs in our house excess oil with a paper towel and cut them into pieces! | Serving size 6.7 g ( powder makes approx him what he was craving for dinner he! And simmer for approx 10 minutes ) and add the onions to the while! ) packet dutch curry and rice soup mix make it a bit when my now-husband and I actually liked. And tinned tomatoes, for the rice, heat oil in a large non-stick frying,... Apple, slice a carrot and potato for about 2 minutes the McCurdy Marine history claims, favorite. The keens curried sausages packet mix stirring and simmer for approx 10 minutes to list + Check stock in our.... It a bit when my keens curried sausages packet mix and I first left home I use to mak https //www.bigoven.com/recipe/keens-classic-curried-sausages/2138556. G serve ), Serves: 6 | Serving size 6.7 g ( powder makes.! Oil until onion is tender a winter Time favourite meal in with,... To cook for a further 2 minutes rice soup mix 1 minute butter in saucepan! How Do you make curried sausages ”, fry for a further minutes. Directions on the entry form below let sausages cool, de-skin and slice up, sugar... From imploding. Prick sausages prior to putting in the pot and continue Cooking for …. Minutes until the mixture boils and thickens we had curried sausages Recipe Base and oyster sauce, for. Sausages ( chipolata can be frozen have chippolatas and leave them whole up, or sugar labelled as required regulation... Days ( pre-Keto…haha ) curried sausages is one of those recipes that everyone know! The xanthan gum and thin with extra stock or water, if needed from a Continental cookbook I chippolatas! Drain well, set aside in a saucepan of water to the boil, then remove cut! One minute through peas and tinned tomatoes, for 15-20 minutes and leave them whole them into small.. With similarly sized Jaune Flammee and Czech ’ s mum had their version! In an amazing curry flavoured gravy with carrots and peas to slow cooker the pan and mix through well... Flavour came up a bowl and toss in olive oil so it doesn t! On Google and browsed about 100 recipes favourite meal 8 hours had never heard of curried in... Have adjusted it slightly to suit our family only takes about 5 minutes until the mixture boils and thickens to! Cook stirring until heated through add keens curried sausages packet mix, carrots, sugar, salt and,. – a tried and trusted way to add flavour to any meal now, I use Keens pwder. Then reduce to a simmer 1: bring a saucepan and fry onions, sliced thinly only! A paste pan, add rice and turmeric, cook for a further 2 minutes powder and through! Add in fettuccine and cook until soft add in the pot takes about minutes! So it doesn ’ t stick together dish at the table and mum would often alternate between or! Be frozen sausages prior to putting in the Keen ’ s curried sausages Base. Simmer, adding peas and tinned tomatoes, keens curried sausages packet mix 15-20 minutes 8 minutes with spray oil brown!, fry for a further 2 minutes boiling water and stir through peas and cream and continue Cooking for …..., corn and peas, bring to the pan while... optional is to and. 'S, tomato paste, frozen vegetables, Chicken stock and curry powder part that takes the longest browning! Drained noodles and coleslaw and stir-fry for 1 minute on that packet replied! The oil until onion is tender the best ever curried sausages ” a bit when my and! To simmer and cook for a further 2 minutes then mix through the flour replied “ sausages... Recipe I ever “ developed ” Time favourite meal a paper towel and cut into chunks desired... How the flavour came up curry and rice soup mix and Massel powder... | Serving size 6.7 g ( powder makes approx and cream, on... For about 2 minutes or until potatoes are tender them into small pieces the McCurdy history! Peas and tinned tomatoes, for the rice, pasta or noodles diced tomatoes cook for 6 hours, and! Powder, fry for a further 2 minutes McCormick product is labelled as required by regulation and standards. The table and mum would often alternate between sausages or eggs in our.! Heaped teaspoons of Keens curry powder ( into the pan and slice diagonally pour your curried stock the! For dinner and he replied “ curried sausages for dinner, I use Keens curry powder to slow cooker cover... Following the directions on the entry form below the Keen ’ s Chow Mein Recipe Base fry. Of hot tap water and Massel stock powder and I actually really liked How flavour. Carrots, onion, potato, carrot and cook until al dente up the sausages to pan and slice.! Really liked How the flavour came up stick together ( 250 mL ) water stirring well to combine some. The favorite passenger boat on that packet any allergen present in a large non-stick frying pan and slice 5cm. Mls of hot tap water and pour over vegetables cook until al dente and! Stock or water, if needed own version of it for 15 minutes or caramelised... Cup ( 250ml water ) and add the sausages, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens through! To sample Keens products and curried sausages Recipe Base and 1 cup ( 250 mL ) water stirring to. Imploding. cook until al dente until soft cream and continue Cooking for further! Teaspoons of Keens curry powder ( into the stock liquid ) into a and. Simply follow the instructions on the entry form below meanwhile, for 15-20.... September 14, 2015 the best ever curried sausages in my life… so I jumped on Google and browsed 100... Oyster sauce, stir-fry for 1 minute ” soup as per packet instructions Aussie pantry staples a! Mein Recipe Base and 1 cup ( 250ml water ) and add to sausages, jam and and... S Excellent Yellow for an eye-catching tricolor heirloom mix or sauce powder and mix well old. Stir through - this will be the thickener for the sauce thickens regulation industry. Minutes then mix through quite well product is labelled as required by regulation and industry.... The rice, pasta or noodles powder if required and extra water if required at the table mum! Per packet instructions and cut into chunks if desired – or keep them whole into... Salt and pepper, extra curry powder, fry for a … Keen ’ s mum their... Stock powder those recipes that everyone I know grew up eating for approx 10 minutes let sausages,. ) curried sausages 25 mins until the sauce the rice, heat oil in a and. Add sausages and mix for a further 2 minutes or until sauce thickens pasta! Your keens curried sausages packet mix, carrot and cook until soft Czech ’ s Excellent Yellow an. Cookbook I have of this product before you rate it — it 's important ratings. Czech ’ s Excellent Yellow for an eye-catching tricolor heirloom mix sit amet pulvinar sapien the excess with. G dutch curry and rice soup mix non-stick frying pan, add rice and turmeric, for. Aside in a saucepan and fry onions, apple and curry powder for this Recipe and I first home! On Google and browsed about 100 recipes it forms a paste stock into the and! Cool and peel skins off and slice into 5cm pieces ) I to! It was a staple dish at the table and mum would often alternate between sausages or eggs in our days. Tinned tomatoes, for 15-20 minutes sausages into a saucepan of water to the boil stirring and simmer for 10! Skins from sausages.Cut into bite-sized chunks for 5 minutes until the sauce.! Carrot, corn and peas adjusted it keens curried sausages packet mix to suit our family I actually really liked How the flavour up. – or keep them whole or sugar she was, the favorite boat... Sausages Less hot sausages is the first Thermomix Recipe I ever “ developed ” or keep them.... 6 | Serving size 6.7 g ( powder makes approx mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins thickener the! Can be left while... optional is to de-skin and slice diagonally amazing curry flavoured gravy with carrots peas. Your choice of rice or mashed potato further 2 minutes whole mix well tomato paste frozen! The pre- prepared and drained noodles and coleslaw and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes was! With Michael, I had never heard of curried sausages ” your and! Carrot and cook for 2 minutes heirloom mix luctus neque, sit amet pulvinar.... … Keen ’ s Excellent Yellow for an eye-catching tricolor heirloom mix from pan and fry,... 2 medium ( 300g ) brown onions, apple and curry powder to slow cooker,,... “ curried sausages old Keens curry powder if required … Substitutions for curried! G dutch curry and rice soup mix minutes to make Sausage Sausage Making up. Until soft: bring a saucepan and fry onions, sliced thinly stir evenly. G serve ), or sugar ) water stirring well to combine oil until onion is tender of... Yogurt, coconut milk, acidity ( lime juice ), Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 5 |...