learning English. Choose the correct word for the blank space in each sentence. and quizzes, PDF lesson plans, teacher articles and a directory of Note: Might is used more frequently than May in spoken English. May and might - modal verbs exercises. Copyright © UsingEnglish.com Ltd. - All rights reserved Wish Clauses Tests category includes free online quizzes on wish clauses tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. can. If you need help, go back to the "May" / "Might" 1 Lesson. May and Might 18 multiple-choice questions; with ANSWER KEY and percentage conversion chart Intermediate Level Approximately 15 minutes. Can I have the bill? This bag … your bag. 9. Nicky asked if she could come with them. It … open after six. 45 seconds . Example: You ____ have told me. May/might worksheets English Lessons for Kids - Videos, Printables, Games, Online Tests Teach kids with an engaging blended English program. Let’s get to the store before it closes. ... might not. excellent online English training course. ; The weather may / might be better tomorrow. tips, exam tips and help with study skills. 1. including advice, tutorials, opinions and lesson plans from various a) might not b) could Teens 6 - Modals- must,may,might,could,can`t MAY is used to ask permission - or - to say there is a fair possibility MIGHT is used to say there is a possibility but that it is not very likely I may can might speak French well. “It might rain later. Relative Clauses (Adjective Clauses) Tests category includes free online quizzes on relative clauses (adjective clauses) tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Causatives Tests category includes free online quizzes on causatives tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. English language resources for English learners and teachers to help * For every important point of grammar, one or more exercises are provided, to make it easier to learn and remember the material. We use “will” when we are sure that something will happen. They have to guess what the picture is by saying “It might/may be a ….”Might and May (Click to download and view) 2. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost. They might have arrived by now. Use the first sentences to help you decide how to form the answers. Report question . English Vocabulary Test By Topic: Air Travel, Animals, Army, Clothing, Crime and Punishment, Education, Food, Cooking and Restaurants, Gardening, Health and Medicine, History, House and Home, Money and Banking, Plants, Post Office and Telephones, Religion, Sea Travel, Shopping, Socializing and Pastimes, Sports, Use of English Vocabulary Tests, Exercises, Online Quizzes, Miscellaneous English Tests Online – Reading Comprehension, Dialogue Build, Colloquial and Idiomatic Expressions Questions with Answers. This is a free intermediate English grammar quiz and esl worksheet. 4th ed., Pearson Education, 2009. from students and teaching forum topics. answer choices . This is a free intermediate English grammar quiz and esl worksheet. English Grammar Quiz: Modal Verbs! If this activity does not load, try refreshing your browser. Could, may and might - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary (afternoon, week, month, etc.) FREE Download. 30 seconds . Intermediate English Grammar Tests category consists of tests with multiple choice questions. Conjunctions Tests category includes free online quizzes on conjunctions tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. NAME: _____ DATE: GRAMMAR QUIZ MAY and MIGHT (possibility) Complete these eighteen sentences by choosing the best answers. Would love your thoughts, please comment. I came all this way for nothing. Might is the past tense of may in indirect speech. Advertisements. The airplane … be delayed because of the bad weather. Lengkapilah Kalimat Berikut dengan Menggunakan may, might atau could. Q. "May" and "Might" Questions. Some people claim that you can use might have and may have interchangeably, but this is a bad idea.May have should not be used in the past tense.. Get students to guess what the pictures might be. You can / may sit down if you want. 8 You (couldn't/might not) smoke on the bus. Many scientists think that there … life on other planets. To express (future) possibility. a) May not b) Might not 3) Complete the sentence: If we turn off lights, we _____ save energy a) May b) Might 4) Complete the sentence: If it is not sunny, we _____ get a lot of energy from the sun a) May not b) Might not 5) Complete the sentence: One day, we _____ burn coal and pollute air. Please wait while the activity loads. Gerunds and Infinitives Tests category includes free online quizzes on gerunds and infinitives tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Can I play some music? Adjectives and Adverbs Tests category includes free online quizzes on adjectives and adverbs tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. English Grammar Quiz: Modal Verbs! I … late today because I may have some extra work to do. Works Cited. MAY and MIGHT (Possibility) MCQ Grammar Quiz - Test - Exercise 18 Free Online English Grammar Quizzes - Tests - Exercises About MAY and MIGHT (Possibility) MCQ Grammar Quiz - Test - … users, with no obligation to buy) - and receive a level assessment! Adverbial Clauses Tests category includes free online quizzes on adverbial clauses tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Sentence Completion Tests category includes free online quizzes on sentence completion tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. The students asked if they could go home early. No, calling Mr. Smith at two o’clock in the morning … a good idea. It may rain in the afternoon. Paragraph Completion category includes free online quizzes on paragraph completion tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. John isn’t in class today. tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Best of luck! Situational Expression Tests category includes free online quizzes on situational expressions tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. I think next summer. Once you are finished, click the button below. Can we leave now? Tell the students they are going to see a picture. ... may might. 1. grammar, spelling and punctuation, through to language teaching, English language reference including definitions of English grammar There are currently 66 worksheets on may/might and they are all free to download, print, and use in class. Can – for permission Can I sit here? To play this quiz, please finish editing it. 1 They (can/might) be away for the weekend but I'm not sure. terms, irregular verbs, phrasal verbs and idioms. ; May and might are used as follows:. - He may be in his office. Can you speak English? Q. Also includes Resources and materials for ESL teachers including free ESL handouts teachers and language experts ready to answer your questions 24 hours a Q7 - From the way he speaks, he ____ be from London. She … our new teacher. ... To make a negative, we put 'not' ..... may or might. To play this quiz, please finish editing it. (B) I’m not sure but it … Madrid. May and Might. A multi-level English curriculum featuring cartoon animated videos, engaging games, interactive tests and a progress tracker. teaching and reference resources. Try to solve the pre-intermediate test below one by one to be sure you have fully understood all the grammar topics in this level. Both may and might can be used in requests and in expressions of possibility for the present and future.. Might I ask you your name? We eat that we may live. Many people are confused about when to use can and when to use may. Try to take all tests in this category so as to be sure that there aren’t any topics that you haven’t learnt yet. I’m not sure who she is. How to use : Read the question carefully, then select one of the answers button. You can go wherever you like. links to online dictionaries. Before taking the tests here, be sure that your English level is intermediate or else study the previous levels. Many vs Much, A Few vs A Little MCQ Grammar Quiz – Test – Exercise, Modals of Probability (Present) MCQ Grammar Quiz – Test – Exercise, Vocabulary Test About OUT OF ORDER Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 124, Vocabulary Test About OPERATING HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES Choose The Correct Answer MCQ Exercise 123, Vocabulary Test About FURNITURE AND FITTINGS Choose The Best Answer MCQ Exercise 122, Vocabulary Test About FURNITURE AND FITTINGS Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 121, Vocabulary Test About FURNITURE AND FITTINGS Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 120. Azar, Betty Schrampfer, and Stacy A. Hagen. Might. “It will be sunny later.” (100% probability) We use “might” when something is less sure. This quiz is incomplete! “It might rain later.” (For more information on how to use modal auxiliary verbs, see our page on can.) (A) What is the capital city of Spain? Auxiliary verbs exercises elementary, intermediate and adavanced level esl. Understanding and Using English Grammar. Please visit using a browser with javascript enabled. We use may and might to say that something is possible. I don’t know what kind of insect this is. English Level Tests A1 A2 B1 B2 C1 C2 Multiple Choice Questions for Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced Levels, Online English Grammar Tests with Answers for Free – English Grammar Tests Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced Level, A1 A2 Level Grammar Tests, Exercises Free Online English Tests Quizzes, A2 B1 Level Grammar Tests, Exercises Free Online English Tests Quizzes. Advanced English Grammar Tests includes challenging grammar test for those who are really good at English grammar. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. Try to solve all the tests one by one so that you can see whether you have completed intermediate English grammar topics or not. To play this quiz, please finish editing it. Q5 - Ask any questions now as you ____ not talk during the test. Home » English Grammar Tests » MAY and MIGHT (Possibility) MCQ Grammar Quiz – Test – Exercise. before. English Grammar Lessons – Explanations of the all grammar points in English This category has the following features: * All of the essential points of English grammar are covered. Can You Use Might/May Have Interchangeably?. (Swan 345.1) Also see Biber 491-2. I think that you … wrong. No sign-up required. We welcome your comments, questions, corrections, reporting typos and additional information relating to this content. My family and I … travel to Montreal 10. According to the American Heritage Dictionary’s 2012 Usage Panel survey, the vast majority of experts disagree with using might have and may have in the same contexts. He could run faster when he was younger. English Modal Verbs Tests category includes free online quizzes on modality: present, continuous, perfect modals tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. It … broken. ... may or might. authors and contributors. Articles Tests category includes free online quizzes on articles: a, an, the tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. English Inversions (Inverted Structures) category includes free online quizzes on inversions (inverted structures) tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. 2) There is a small chance the we (may, might) go to the beach this weekend. And then you can revise the topics according to the mistakes you have made in those tests. You (may not/might not) speak during this exam. Answer: You might have told me. I … have to see a doctor. In addition to the UsingEnglish.com team of staff 4) Billy and I (may, might) cook dinner tonight. This quiz is incomplete! 3) There is a good change that we (might, may) have to postpone the meeting. He can / may take some rest if he is tired. My family and I … travel to Montreal next summer. after. SURVEY . It might not rain today. There is an old belief that may/might are more 'correct' than can/could in this case, but this does not reflect normal usage. * Each point of grammar is clearly explained, and is illustrated by examples. Passive Voice Tests category includes free online quizzes on active and passive voice tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. This quiz and printable worksheet can be used by students and teachers without any fee in the classroom; UsingEnglish.com is partnering with Gymglish to give you a free one-month trial of this 5 (May/Can) you play the piano? Use can to indicate ability and may to indicate permission. Also, this page requires javascript. 8. Let’s study! Learn telephoning phrases with over 100 pages of stimulating self-study practice in preparation for your Test your knowledge of the English language. Let’s open it and find out! Articles cover topics from English English Dialogues Tests category includes free online quizzes on dialogues tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. 5. 4 He (can/could) be French, judging by his accent. Can – for requests or suggestions Can we have more coffee? More Modal Verb Quizzes. Quantifiers Tests category includes free online quizzes on quantifiers: some, any, many, much, a few, a little, etc. It might rain later (= it is possible that it will rain) I might go to the movies tonight. Order sentences that use "Might" in this quiz. If you want to check whether you have thoroughly learnt elementary grammar topics of English or not, you can take the online tests in this category one by one. ACTIVITY SUGGESTION Use this quiz either as a pre-activity diagnostic tool, or as a post-activity evaluative assessment. This quiz is incomplete! could. You have not finished your quiz. Delete Quiz. You can use may or might: - It may be true./ It might be true(=perhaps it's true) - She might know/She may … * Answers for the exercises are provided. ; Craig may / might know his results soon. There … cookies inside this box! Might and may. I don’t feel well. Includes helpful articles, a glossary, quizzes, and a large language reference. Quiz Grammar : May and Might : English; EFL / ESL - Q1: My family and I ... travel to Montreal next summer. ; We may / might go to the cinema tonight. Next… (week, year, month, etc.) Take a tour now! before. day. English Tenses Tests category includes free online quizzes on verb tenses: simple, past, future tenses, mixed tenses tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Encourage them to use the language and make corrections where needed. Upper Intermediate English Grammar Tests Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Online Exercises, Quizzes. We use may have and might have to make guesses about the past: I haven't received your letter. 6) You never know, I (may, might) become president one day. English Restatements Tests category includes free online quizzes on English restatements tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. We also use might: as the past tense of requests with may: He asked if he might borrow the car. own real-life telephone calls. * Grammatically determined rules for spelling, pronunciation, and punctuation are included. I … at work tomorrow morning because I have a bad cold. 3. It … some kind of ant. Alice said, ‘I may come.’ Alice said that she might come. There’s no sound coming from the radio. ‘ May I come with you?’ Nicky asked. If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know: Note: When printed, this page will be formatted correctly for use as a handout. Our online discussion forums are the perfect place to quickly get help It's ten o'clock. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Mixed Modals'. 3 (Could/May) you open the window a bit, please? 6. Exercise 30.1: May or Might Fill in the blank with may or might. * Grammatical differences between formal and informal English are pointed out. B: I may live in America or I might go to Australia. He said, ‘I may stand for election.’ He said that he might stand for election. Noun Clauses Tests category includes free online quizzes on noun clauses, auxiliaries tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. after. Can – for ability I can dance Tango. Below are some words that might be used or indicate use of will, may and/or might. Take an umbrella with you.” (50% probability) Tips : If this page always shows the same questions, make sure you correct the question first by pressing the "check answer" button. View the original online at: https://www.usingenglish.com/quizzes/407.html. May, Might and Adverbs of Probability Today….. Tomorrow…. English Reading Passages category includes free online quizzes on English reading passages tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Farmers use fertilizers so that they may have a rich harvest. She may … a) must b) may 8) They are tired this morning so they .....come out with us tonight. Delete Quiz. 2. 5) The airplane (might, may) crash. Tags: Question 7 . Determiners Tests category includes free online quizzes on determiners tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. It may have got lost in the post. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'May or Might'. however, you must keep all copyright information and references to UsingEnglish.com in place. Online English Vocabulary Tests with Answers fro Free – English Vocabulary Tests for Beginner, Elementary, Advanced – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, Elementary Vocabulary Tests – Easy Beginner Level English Vocabulary Tests for Starters, Pre-Intermediate Vocabulary Tests Multiple Choice Questions With Answers – Online Exercises, Quizzes, Intermediate Vocabulary Tests Multiple Choice Questions With Answers – Online Exercises, Quizzes, Upper Level Vocabulary Tests – Difficult English Vocabulary Tests With Multiple Choice Questions, Advanced Vocabulary Tests – Advanced English Vocabulary Exercises, Online Quizzes, Everyday Vocabulary Tests – Daily English Vocabulary Exercises, Quizzes. * A summary of the uses and formation of the English verb tenses is given for easy reference. 1. Also provides access to questions Download our compiled lists of idioms - perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class! I can’t see your name on it. Modal Auxiliary Verb Multiple Choice Quiz. (=perhaps (возможно) he is in his office) - He might be having lunch(=perhaps he is having lunch) - Ask Kate. Free Practice Tests for learners of English. SURVEY . may could. Phrasal Verbs Tests category includes free online quizzes on phrasal verbs tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. Intermediate Level >> Speaking and Conversation Materials/Discussion Starters >> Students ask each other questions off flashcards and respond using "may" or "might".