I did a test spot in the back of the wax finish I am applying next and it actually rubs the paint off in spots. Clean hands and tools with warm, soapy water. Using this brush I purchased, I dipped it into the wax and used just a tiny bit at a … I did try using the Chalk Finish Antiquing Wax in Dark Vintage that I have been loving. Chalky Finish Paint Clear Sealing Wax Antiquing Wax Paintbrush or roller Sandpaper Lint-free tack cloth 1. Table leg before adding the wax. Finally, once your Dark Wax has dried, ensure that the whole piece has had at least one coat of Clear Wax to seal in your finish. Spring for name brand chalk paint up front. This finishing wax creates a polished or aged effect on natural or pre-painted surfaces, while providing added protection. Terrible product. I painted my sons dresser today. Brush or roll on two coats, waiting 1 hour between each. Krylon® Chalky Antiquing Wax creates a vintage looking finish over any of our Krylon Chalky paint colors. As painted furniture ages, it starts to develop its own unique character. And not cheap. Jolie Paint - Premier Chalk Finish Paint - Matte Finish Paint for Furniture, cabinets, Floors, Walls, Home Decor and Accessories - Water-Based, Non-Toxic (Quart - 32oz) 4.6 out of 5 stars 357 $39.67 $ 39 . Alternatively, take a look at Annie’s tutorial on using White Chalk Paint® Wax for a coastal look. loc_en_US, sid_1596630, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=FEATURED, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]. This wax is the perfect and easy way to age and bring out the texture of your paint work. Here’s a technique that can be done in an afternoon and requires very little kit  – simply some Dark Chalk Paint® Wax – to add bags of character to your painted project. Rather than using wax or glaze to create that aged look on each and every piece I painted, I kept them for only certain types of pieces or to solve specific problems. Paint dries best between 65°F (18°C) and 85°F (29°C) & 50% relative humidity. Whoever decided that Krylon was a good choice for chalk paint should be fired. $19.98 $ 19. Thanks Krylon for a horrible product. This product is marketed at Chalky paint but make no mistake, it doesn't have the same finish, consistency or dry time. Allow the wax to cure (harden) before use. available as a tintable base, which can be mixed to achieve hundreds of colors. I used Krylon Chalk Finish Antiquing Wax in Dark Vintage to tone down the legs. Complete waste of time and money. 98. It will be touch dry within 24 hours, but will take up to 2 weeks to fully harden. This fits your . Instead of the wax I ended up sanding some of the white paint off on the legs only, to make it … After 4 coats on an optimally prepared surface that other chalk paints would have completely covered in two coats there were still streak marks and bare spots. Buff to the desired finish to achieve a subtle sheen. It took four coats and it is still not completed covered in some spots u can see wood color coming through. © 2020 Krylon Products Group. "ANNIE SLOAN" is a registered trade mark of Annie Sloan Interiors Ltd. in the UK, EU, CH, US, CAN, AUS, NZ, ZA, CN, KR, MX, AZ, IN, IR, JP, RU, SG, TR & UA. This paint simply does not stick to the surface. It dries to an ultra-matte finish in around 30 minutes and should cover any surface in one or two coats (it doesn’t need to be reapplied). Ok, so to start I used this Krylon chalky finish in the shade Classic White. Mar 28, 2017 - I love working with Annie Sloan's dark wax to give an aged patina to my painted pieces. If you want to take even more off, you can use Clear Chalk Paint® Wax as an eraser. Includes tutorial. Lowe's should pull this product. Finally, once your Dark Wax has dried, ensure that the whole piece has had at least one coat of Clear Wax to seal in your finish. There is a clear sealing wax to provide low-gloss protection and a dark antiquing wax for achieving a vintage look. If I knew it was going to take 4 coats I would have stopped after the 1st coat and bought another brand. Will never buy another Krylon paint again. You will be able to get several projects sealed with one can (depending on the size of the projects, of course), and likely be happy with the finished product. You can use it during this time, but be gentle. Make sure this fits by entering your model number. Glad I tested it on the back. The secret? Antiquing Wax is ideal with Krylon Chalky Finish Paint and Sealing Wax to provide a vintage looking finish to your project Antiquing Wax is ideal for decor items and varnished, previously painted, bare wood or metal furniture No primer or prep needed Promptly wipe up spills and spatters with a damp cloth. These waxes easily wipe on and off and dry to the touch in one hour. Then apply FolkArt Home Decor Antiquing Wax on top of the clear wax layer. Dark antiquing wax to be used over chalky finish paint and sealing wax that provides a vintage looking finish. This doesn’t. It is not a chalk paint. Colorantic | Furniture Antiquing Brown Dark Wax Beeswax Waxes Paste Polishing for Chalk Based Paint | Wood Craft Art DIY (4 oz, Brown) 4.6 out of 5 stars 278. It typically leaves a soft, matte sheen and comes in a variety of colors to customize your end result. While antiquing wax is still wet, quickly wipe excess wax off of surface, leaving a darker color in intricate details, corners, and worn areas. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of air movement or application of thick coats will extend dry times. Rust-Oleum’s Chalk Clear Matte Interior Protective Topcoat can be applied to any chalk paint surface and adds a layer of protection that’s stronger than a standard wax topcoat. Easy clean-up with soap and water Using wax … Leave chalky finish by itself or distress using the Krylon waxes to create a unique look – clear sealing wax and dark antiquing wax available. Krylon Chalky Finish Aerosol Spray Paint, 11 oz, Clear Matte 4.3 out of 5 stars 5 $14.62 $ 14 . If you’re not regularly using chalky finish paint and don’t want to invest in a wax brush, spray wax or spray protective topcoat is probably perfect for you. Remove any excess wax with a lint-free cloth. Krylon chalky finish paint is available in aerosol cans, pre-mixed brush on quarts and as a tintable brush on paint. Also available as a tintable base, which can be mixed to achieve hundreds of colors. Keep waxed surfaces free of moisture and heavy use for 7 days. Krylon(R) chalky finish wax coating adds a unique, time-worn look to your projects. Krylon® Chalky Waxes that can be applied over Chalky Finish Paint. Worst paint ever. I tried it on both the legs and the top, but I wasn’t liking the result so I wiped it off before it dried. BEHR's wide variety of paint colors, paired with BEHR Decorative Waxes, make every application completely tailored to achieve the one-of-a-kind look you desire. https://www.krylon.com/products/chalky-finish-dark-antiquing-wax I do love this color, but it IS a little bright. 4.6 out of 5 stars 455. AnnieSloan.com uses cookies to improve your experience when you browse the site. It’s is just a really flat and thin paint. © 2020 ANNIE SLOAN INTERIORS LTD. "CHALK PAINT" is a registered trade mark of Annie Sloan Interiors Ltd. in the US & CAN. Step by step guide to ageing paint work with Dark Chalk Paint® Wax, Annie’s tutorial on using White Chalk Paint® Wax for a coastal look. I’ve used Annie Sloan and Amy Howard chalk paints which both cover beautifully. I didn't realize until after I started painting so now I have to sand down and repurchase a true chalk paint. Krylon K04110000 K04110007 Chalky Finish Spray Paint, Aerosol, Morning Sky ... Antiquing Wax. Krylon Chalky Finish Paint makes it ultra easy to refinish and refurbish furniture pieces in this on-trend style. Also available as a tintable base, which can be mixed to achieve hundreds of colors. For indoor or outdoor use. However, like any project, chalk paint needs a protective finish. You can wipe back as much as you want depending on the look you are going for. My project time has doubled as I have to start all over beginning with removal of this Krylon junk. 2. https://www.krylon.com/products/chalky-finish-paint-finishing-wax Krylon Chalky Finish Paint makes it ultra easy to refinish and refurbish furniture pieces in this on-trend style. I had to apply 4+ coats to some spots. Krylon® Chalky Finish Paint creates a smooth, ultra matte finish to transform your projects. Do not purchase If you are used to using a chalk paint, you want to avoid the disappointment and the waste of funds. Using a clean lint-free cloth, wipe back the Dark Wax. This simple two-step paint and wax process allows your personal style and vision to come to life, whether you're looking for an aged antique look or prefer more of a vintage modern flair. 3. Don’t waste your money on this paint. This will give your piece of furniture a darker, more worn-in patina. Find Krylon Tintable Chalky Finish on Lowes.com today. If any areas are looking a little too dark, simply use some Clear Chalk Paint® Wax like an eraser to knock the colour back. Krylon® Chalkboard Paint Quarts Krylon ® Products — decorative finishes Chalky Finish Paint Finishing Wax Adds a unique, time-worn look to your projects. Each coat I applied kept lifting the previous coat. Discover how to antique pine furniture using Dark Chalk Paint® Wax. Sharing my tips in this step by step blog post. Brush on Antiquing Wax to accentuate details, gently wiping away excess. If you choose to distress, wipe away dust using a tack cloth. Krylon K04219000-13 Chalky Finish, Quart, Antiquing. Allow the paint to dry before applying a coat of. For a realistic vintage effect, you want to apply your paint liberally, moving the brush every which way, to create a textured finish. Best results when surface, air and product temperatures are above 50°F. After painting multiple coats, the antique wax process removed majority of the paint. Pros. *TIP: If the Clear Wax has dried before you can work in the Dark Wax, you can always apply more. The Dark Wax should sit nicely in the brushstrokes you created with the paint. Wax. The last two chalk paint projects I did came out beautifully bc I used a different brand. Let dry overnight, then buff to desired sheen with a clean cloth. Read Reviews | Write a Review I ended up doing two coats of paint on this table, with a bit extra on top because that area had some damage and rough spots. Oct 17, 2015 - Valspar Chalky Finish Paint (Theater Wrap) with Dark Antiquing Wax But how about experimenting with some other wax colours? After the paint fully dried (which didn’t take long at all), I applied a coat of the Kyrlon wax coating chalky finish to seal it. Bonus Step: Personalize the look even more by finishing your piece off with Krylon ® Clear Sealing Wax or Krylon Antiquing Wax. I’m really sorry to write this but this paint is bad. Furniture wax or paste is a semi-solid product that you apply with a rag or round bristle brush, and then buff out. If you want to take even more off, you can use Clear Chalk Paint® Wax as an eraser. Follow the same steps with Black Chalk Paint® Wax for a more industrial or warehouse look.