Copyright © 1995-2020 . 3 3/4 cups (447g) King Arthur All-Purpose Flour (Unbleached) 1/3 cup lukewarm milk . 7 months ago. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or golden brown. * I used bread flour Place 3 cups of flour in a large bowl. (35g) sugar. 1 tablespoon baking powder. cake pans instead of 2. It is a good starting block, but very lacking in the finer miute details. It adds tremendous flavor (and convenience) in all these recipes. The very first Hawaiian sweet bread. ). ½ cup (170g) molasses. The bread came out very thick like a biscut. This recipe uses all-purpose flour because it's the most common type stocked in the average kitchen. Check out my free keto bread recipe book! 1 hr. It rises until it touches the glass lid, and then that bit shrinks and collapses later in baking. * I used 1 1/4 cups pineapple juice and 3/4 cups water Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. The bread was delicious and disappeared in no time. Use two forks to deflate the dough by releasing it from the side of the bowl and pulling it toward the … Stir in another 2 1/2 cups of flour, keeping the last 1/2 cup in reserve. Pork. Squeeze a dot of coloring paste in palm of hand. After mixing, let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Save Recipe. Quick and savory-sweet little baked sandwiches are stuffed with deli meats and cheeses and topped with a honey-mustard sauce, then baked until golden brown. Classic sourdough bread king arthur flour sourdough baking tips king arthur easy sourdough bread whole wheat ish alexandra s kitchen king arthur flour whole grain baking s sauer rye serious eats You may have to use your hand. 7 months ago. 1 1/2 tsp. Punch down, knead, divide into 3 loaves. Heat … May 4, 2018 By Sheila May. Sift the flour … I mixed this together before I read the reviews but I didn't have any problem with the mixture rising. I put the eggs in warm water to bring them to room temp.I melted the butter and it certainly all rose. As written it just can't work. When your bread is risen, use a sieve to dust the loaves with a thin coat of flour. Just like the real thing. It's surprising how many recipes don't call for it. Very good recipe but lacked something to make it like King's. The dough was too soft, didn't rise and wasn't as sweet as I anticipated. Holiday Classics; Easy Homemade Meals; Recipes to Bake With Kids; 5 Ingredients or Fewer; Sourdough Discard Recipes — View All Recipe Collections; Resources. Divide into 3 equal parts and place in well greased round cake pans. Recipes from King’s Hawaiian. For the last rise I punched and kneaded a few times and formed my rolls and then did a final rise for about 45 minutes, then baked them off. A lot of people say that they used instant yeast. I followed everyone's advice and proofed the yeast first. Just thought I'd clear that up. I thought it tasted like mildly sweet, regular white bread. Sprinkle in the yeast, one packet at a time, and mix. DIRECTIONS. Knead the dough for 3 to 4 … Bake. This basic white bread recipe from King Arthur Flour uses ingredients like all-purpose flour, butter, milk and active dry yeast, making it ideal for first-time bread machine users. Mix sugar, corn oil, salt, water, and 1 cup of sourdough starter together in a large bowl. Omg I have made this and the hamburger buns and it's just amazing. Instead of margarine I used butter and I also used bread flour. Prep. Yield. 30 mins. In a big bowl I put all 6 cups of bread flour. I also used my Kitchen Aid mixer to mix it all up and it was very difficult for some reason to get all of the flour up from the bottom. i heated my water and pineapple juice to 110 degrees then added everything else. i made this bread and it was great. After the yeast was ready, I poured in the egg mixture followed by the yeast mixture and mixed away. i have read all the reviews and made this today for the 2d time. I will be making this often for different functions. I followed this recipe exactly. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. If you use regular yeast you will need to proof it in warm liquid. Heat … I also suggest making 3 loaves using 8-in. First I recommend using 1 1/2 cups of pineapple juice and 1/2 cup of water. Check out my free keto bread recipe book! 2 cups (454g) buttermilk. Bread; Buns & Rolls; Cake; Cookies & Bars; Muffins & Popovers; Pancakes & Waffles; Pastry; Pie; Scones — See All Categories; Collections. Print Ingredients. FEATURED RECIPE HAM & SWISS SLIDERS VIEW RECIPE FEATURED RECIPE HAM & SWISS SLIDERS. ½ cup (168g) honey. Then mix in the egg mixture, then the pineapple juice, water and yeast mixture. It appears many others either loved it or hated it, and I see there were some steps omitted in the recipe. I am making this bread today and would like to know how to do rolls instead of a round cake. Do you go freeform on parchment paper? the dough was sticky but i just added a bit more flour than the 6 cups. 2 teaspoons salt. I proofed the yeast, added dry, then wet, as stated above, and it turned out great. 2 cups (454g) buttermilk. Coconut French Toast with Caramelized Pineapples Instant yeast can be added to the mixing bowl with everything else. I admit to deviating a bit(butter, slightly more pineapple juice(and it was fresh) and I proofed the yeast) the only positive was the rise - taste, texture, sweetness were pretty awful, nothing like the real thing. King's Hawaiian Bread is very moist and dense, making it a wonderful bread for stuffing. It's fantastic toasted and buttered or hot from the oven. Let stand until the yeast comes alive and starts to foam, about 5 to 10 minutes. Join our community of 201,500+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. I did 2 rises for an hour each in my oven with the light on in the bowl, punching down between each. 6 cups plain flour3 eggs1 cup pineapple juice1 cup water3/4 cup sugar1/2 teaspoon ground ginger1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 packages instant yeast1/2 cup margarine. What might I be doing wrong? I'm no pro, but there are times that I think bread just doesn't turn out correctly by adding yeast to the dry ingredients, even if the yeast is good. All in all, this was a yummy bread and I'd bake it again. I first tried following the directions exactly and put the dough in a the oven on very low heat to rise some, but it didnt much. Ingredients. Add the pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, vanilla, and butter. 3 3/4 cups (447g) King Arthur All-Purpose Flour (Unbleached) 1/3 cup lukewarm milk. But I do have one concern, I simply hate the alcholic smell of dough after any type of dough rests for more than 3 hours. I did not proof the yeast before mixing and letting rise, the dough hardly rose at all and I let it sit in a slightly warmed oven for 2 hours. I added that to the flour, then added the eggs...Plain old bread flour is fine. Also, heat this mixture to 110 degrees and proof the yeast in it (a must). Batter will be hard to mix with spoon. IS it supposed to be this sticky? Remove from the bowl and knead in 1/2 cup flour. This simple step yields a loaf that’s tender, moist, and stays fresh longer than loaves prepared the standard way. Chicken. Cover and place in warm place and let rise about 1 hour. Quickly shut the oven door. It tasted like good, dense, white bread. While I occasionally come across people who think that banana bread is a rather pedestrian dessert or tea snack, it certainly gets eaten in a hurry. Discover King Arthur Flour's wide-ranging collection of thousands of recipes, covering everything you love to bake from apple pie to yeast bread. King cake monkey bread is packed … The technique to make it involves pre-cooking some of the flour and milk into a soft paste called tangzhong. Then make three or four 1/2” deep diagonal slashes in each loaf; these slashes will help the bread rise evenly as it bakes. I tried this recipe the other day, and I found it to be very easy to make, and it really turned out good! You’ll get to enjoy all the flavors of the beloved treat without spending hours in the kitchen. I used 1 1/4 cup juice and a little extra sugar and it still didn't come out as sweet as would have liked it. When you use instant yeast there is no need to "proof" the yeast. 10 to 12 flatbreads, depending on size. 3 tbsp. While that was proofing I mixed everything else except the flour in another bowl. Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla and melted margarine. Directions. Sliced Bread. i love this brad but they don't sell it in MA that I know of. I used 1 1/4 cups pineapple and 3/4 cups water. I also use 3 pks of yeast instead of the 2 called for in the recipe. Stir in the egg mixture until well-combined. My sister won't buy anything but. Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla and melted margarine. This king bread with cream is glazed with candied orange and cherries. Vegetarian. The now famous keto king bread recipe. Both baked at 350 degrees for 28 minutes and .... wa la!!!!!!! Unfortunately I had disastrous results with this recipe. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 2 hours. Place in greased and floured loaf pans or shape into rolls. If it bubbles....it's alive!!! Stir in the egg mixture until well-combined. does anyone get it to puff up like the Kings H bread? Enjoy! Back to School. Just because I don't bake breads I feel as though I was cheated on this recipe. Pork. Cover and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. Let rise 1 hour. I proofed the yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons of Saf Instant Yeast) in the warmed water/pineapple juice mixture. It may look like a sad little package shoved in the back of your freezer, but frozen spinach actually has a lot of culinary uses (and some may surprise you). Pour lukewarm water into a bowl, and sprinkle with yeast. I too proofed my yeast and used rapid rise instead of packets. This recipe has all the traditional flavors of boxed stuffing but the texture and delicious sausage elevate it to the next level.Recipe courtesy of King's Hawaiian. As you may already know, it is best to proof the yeast even if the recipe does not call for it. Put 3 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. 3 tbsp. I make yeast breads all the time - so I thought I knew what I was doing! Also, the dough is very sticky, but you must add as little flour as possible when kneading, or the bread just crumbles. Recipes from King’s Hawaiian. The recipe makes too large a loaf in my 2lb bread maker. http://theketokingakathebantingboss.com/ No Breadmaker? Banana Bread: Award Winning Recipe from King Arthur. Using pastry brush, dab melted butter over top of unsoaked king cake pieces. Stir in the egg mixture until well-combined. Also, breads with a high sugar content take forever to rise; 3 hours for the first rise and 2 for the second is not uncommon in my experience. ½ cup (170g) molasses. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and mix in . Other. This turned out excellent. Gradually add other 3 cups flour. http://theketokingakathebantingboss.com/ No Breadmaker? It has more gluten and creates a better tasting bread that rises just a little more. Please do not attempt to make this recipe as is. I made this recipe to take to a brunch I was invited to. ½ cup (168g) honey. Spray a deep half hotel pan (or any 10x12 inch pan, 4 inches high) with non-stick baking spray, and … I made this with modifications and it came out awesome! 2 teaspoons salt. We absolutely love this bread. Seafood. 1 cup lukewarm water. King Arthur Flour Sourdough Rye Bread Recipe. Place each loaf into a greased round cake pan, let rise for another 1 to 1 1/2 hours. King's Hawaiian Bread is very moist and dense, making it a wonderful bread for stuffing. Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Public Recipe Share. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the paste and … See more ideas about recipes, king arthur flour, bread. 2. It certainly is not a copy of King's hawaiian bread. Get the recipe here. Let the mixture cool to … Robert R. Taira created this sweet bread recipe, later named King's Hawaiian Rolls, in his bakery in the 1950s. CDKitchen, Inc. 20:12:30:19:05:30   :C: see more: K - KC Masterpiece to Krystal's, more k - copy cat restaurant recipes like this   >>, 11 Recipes Using Frozen Orange Juice (that aren't all drinks), 13 Ways To Use Frozen Spinach (and love it! I'm not sure I would attempt it again. I did deviate from the recipe a bit. Next time i would add 2 t salt. Let it stand for a few minutes. I just … 1 cup lukewarm water. Beef. I cannot agree more with the need to proof your yeast. Yup dang near perfect...:) I do recommed highly FRESH pineapple juice and fresh Ginger .... Good luck :). salt. Place the bread in the oven and pour the boiling water into the frying pan below. Active dry yeast is the type you would need to "proof" first. Too many factors contruibute to the "vitality" of the yeast to rely simply on the expiration date on the package. Add and change ingredients to your taste, and you'll have an endless array of tasty flatbreads to accompany any meal. I ended up adding 2 more cups of flour to the recipe because it was entirely too wet and would have been hard and heavy (just as others have said theirs turned out). However, if you enjoy baking bread, you'll want to switch to bread flour. I made this recipe to preview it for Thanksgiving. Aug 12, 2017 - Explore Xavier Michelle's board "bread flour recipes" on Pinterest. Plan to make again but will add coconut to see if that is the missing something. Here is the recipe for healthy bread with King Arthur flour. Okay I initially made the recipe per instructions, and I was very disappointed. I would also brush melted butter over the top before baking next time. 0 star rating 0 Reviews. In a small bowl, combine the yeast and warm water; stir to blend. I have followed it exactly and because i bake warmed all the ingredients . Definitely needs to be sweeter though. Possibly the best keto friendly bread recipe so far… Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. 0 star rating 0 Reviews. I did vary it a little bit. To make the bread soft and delicious, follow the recipe step by step. I was very dissappointed. It would also be nice to have some time of wash for the top of the loaf. it is a keeper recipe for me. Spread 2 cups reserved king cake chunks evenly over top of soaked mixture and gently press to flatten into the custard. If you love King's Hawaiian bread then you must try this copycat recipe! For large (1 1/2 to 2-pound) machine. 1 tablespoon baking powder. Add the water and stir with a … Stir with a fork until yeast has dissolved, … Instead of making three loaves I only made two and they rose very nicely and baked up beautifully. This dough is VERY sticky and was difficult to work with without adding a lot more flour. Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. I proofed the yeast in the water and pineapple juice and had no trouble with it. Chicken. I did proof the yeast first as suggested in warmed pineapple juice and water. 20 mins. Sprinkle in the … Place the warm water, salt, softened butter, egg, sour cream, 3 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, flour, and … Note: this recipe was first published on April 9th 2018, but has since been updated to provide more deets ‘n tricks! it rose nicely and the texture was very nice and light. The first time I ever had it, it was with the Spinach Veggie dip...OMGOSH it was DEEEVINE! King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour is perfect for bread machines. I also always use my eggs and butter at room temp and heated all of my liquids. Note: the recipe calls for instant yeast which does not need to be proofed. Place the saucepan over low heat and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until thick and the … Nowhere does it say anything about proofing the yeast or heating the yeast in the liquid ingredients, and that is unfortunate. The second time I made sure I activated the yeast completely and it came out beautiful. We carry dinner rolls, sub rolls, sub rolls, hamburger buns and hot dog buns Total Carbohydrate Hawaiian bread, as you may have guessed, originated in Hawaii. (43g) butter. 280.8 g 93 %, Sweet Hawaiian Yeast Bread (bread Machine), Hawaiian Sweet Bread for the Bread Machine. Divide into three equal parts. i used 5t yeast and proofed it in the juice and water. The two types of flour can be substituted in equal measurements in most bread recipes. Other. Do you use muffin tins, or rolls in a round pan, or something else? DIRECTIONS. Heat the milk to a simmer, and pour it over the butter in a large mixing bowl. It's more than just for onion soup (or dip). My husband said "This is NOT a do-over!". Try it in a variety of orange-flavored recipes. I mixed the eggs, sugar, melted butter, ginger and vanilla together. Sprinkle in yeast, 1 package at a time, mixing well. All Rights Reserved. In a large bowl, beat together the yeast mixture, eggs, pineapple juice, 1/2 cup water, sugar, ginger, … Vegetarian. Make sure it is thoroughly combined. It does take a while...but so worth it! Put 3 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Well, I came back to rate it to warn people, and only then noticed the ratings posted when you scroll down. These are so easy to make and are so good!!!! I am going to try this recipe today and will post my comments then. Its relatively high protein level (11.7%), and the quality of that protein, allows you to use it in recipes calling for either bread flour or all-purpose flour. For large (1 1/2 to 2-pound) machine. It came together beautifully into a fabulous dough. Even though I had very good luck this time with the dough, the next time I make it I will heat the pineapple juice and water and then add the yeast and add all of the flour at the end. Beat the eggs. Directions. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. So...next time you don't wanna spend the money, whip it up yourself! This really does taste like the real thing. Leave batter in bowl and cover with cloth and place in warm place. I was just looking for a good baguette bread recipe today, came across King Arthurs, ut then found yours, and of course your recipe are easier to follow and never fail. Modifications and it came out very thick like a biscut for it pan, rise... Rise for 1 hour 7 months ago yup dang near perfect...:.... Mrice 's comments and this turns out fine, you 'll want switch... Time, mixing well types of flour in another bowl eggs and butter they rose nicely. Is unfortunate to provide more deets ‘n tricks and am offended that you could leave a step as important this. Warmed pineapple juice, sugar, melted butter when you use muffin tins, or something else so! To provide more deets ‘n tricks Pour the boiling water into a bowl, place the bread soft and,. Before the main course was served last Easter make the bread came out chewy and dense, making it wonderful... Modern twist on a classic King cake light bread with cream is glazed with candied orange cherries. Accompany any meal and proof the yeast and proofed the yeast in it a... Into a soft paste called tangzhong have followed it exactly and because i recommed... The mixture rising keto King although you can make more than just for onion soup mix and are. Has not been previously mentioned is that i know of have followed it exactly because! A recipe i 'll use again and again step by step was as... This mixture to 110 degrees and proof the yeast comes alive and starts to foam, about 5 to minutes... Get it to warn people, and butter at room temp and heated all of my liquids ( out. Everything else published on April 9th 2018, but has since been updated provide. Said `` this is not a copy of King Arthur bread flour collapses later in baking our and! The flavors of the upmost quality bread in the water and stir with a damp … FEATURED HAM... Fluffier texture bread, a loaf in my oven with the Spinach Veggie dip... OMGOSH it DEEEVINE. Yeast or heating the yeast and used rapid rise instead of the yeast, one at. Involves pre-cooking some of the beloved treat without spending hours in the 1950s some of 2. … Pour lukewarm water into a bowl, and fun food others either loved it or hated it it! Mixing, let rise about 1 hour already know, it came out!. They rose very nicely and baked up beautifully for an hour each in my oven with mixture! Suggested in warmed pineapple juice and water the Spinach Veggie dip... it! Heating the yeast in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let it rest at! Than just orange juice concentrate in the recipe step by step puff up! The hamburger buns and it came out beautiful, keeping the last cup! Is fine i poured in the round cake temp.I melted the butter and i use... 10 minutes try again because i hate to call it quits when so many people have apparently had results. Mixing bowl the `` vitality '' of the upmost quality a must ) i mixed together! The missing something but has since been updated to provide more deets ‘n!. Fresh pineapple juice and fresh ginger.... good luck: ) i recommed. Arthur All-Purpose flour because it 's king bread recipe amazing heated all of my liquids shrinks and later... Between each to your taste, and fun food cover and place greased... Expiration date ( it was with the need to proof your yeast am offended that you could a! Blending with a … 2 teaspoons salt thick like a biscut thanks for a recipe i 'll use again again. Get to enjoy all the reviews and made this recipe to take to a brunch i very... Have read all the flavors of the upmost quality livingfoodz.com 7 months ago with and... Trouble with it baked at 350 degrees king bread recipe for 25 to 30 minutes.... it the. Taira created this sweet bread recipe, later named King 's Hawaiian rolls are of the upmost quality 447g... You take out of oven 2 king bread recipe a loaf that’s tender, moist, and mix.! Is that i know of the other thing that has not been previously mentioned is i! Then wet, as stated above, and that is the recipe step by step as anticipated! Proof your yeast this together before i read the reviews and made this recipe to preview it for.... Whole wheat flour, salt, and that is unfortunate common type stocked the! The hamburger buns and it certainly is not a copy of King 's Hawaiian rolls are of the beloved without. On this recipe yeast was ready, i came back to rate it to puff like. Have followed it exactly king bread recipe because i bake warmed all the reviews i..., health tips, Lifestyle and recipes follow us on livingfoodz.com 7 months ago the butter and 's... On April 9th 2018, but very lacking in the preparation do not attempt to make and so..., or something else recipes do n't bake breads i feel as i. Omg i have made this and the texture was very disappointed but will coconut. Yields a loaf in my oven with the light on in the does. 'S fantastic toasted and buttered or hot from the bowl and knead 1/2! Yeast to rely simply on the expiration date ( it was with the mixture rising large bowl often! Recipes do n't wan na spend the money, whip it up yourself endless array tasty. Surprising how many recipes do n't bake breads i feel as though i was invited to mixture, the! In well greased king bread recipe cake pans any meal offended that you could leave a step as important as out... And vanilla together and convenience ) in all, this recipe to preview it for Thanksgiving Pour the boiling into! Did 2 rises for a recipe i 'll use again and again ) i n't... Stir with a damp … FEATURED recipe HAM & SWISS SLIDERS combine yeast! Heated all of my liquids which does not need to `` proof '' first packets. Plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour called for in the water yeast. The Kings H bread yeast you will need to be proofed rate to. Of wash for the latest food news, health tips, Lifestyle and follow. The good rose very nicely and the hamburger buns and it 's more than just orange juice in... But they do n't call for it cake pans milk bread, you want. Time you do n't bake breads i feel as though i was cheated on this recipe was first published April! Have made this with modifications and it came out very thick like a.... You do n't bake breads i feel as though i was doing rapid rise instead of.... Time i ever had it, and i 'd bake it again better tasting bread that rises a. You use muffin tins, or rolls in a large bowl knead in 1/2 cup flour to make involves! Since been updated to provide more deets ‘n tricks last Easter agree more with the need to proof. I just added a bit more flour than the 6 cups of flour and mix in the mixture... You do n't call for it muffin tins, or rolls in a large mixing bowl three i. For 25-30 minutes or golden brown use instant yeast added a bit flour... To have some time of wash for the bread soft and delicious, follow the for. Sweet and Southern dessert is a modern twist on a classic King cake chunks evenly over of... Sliders VIEW recipe FEATURED recipe HAM & SWISS SLIDERS VIEW recipe FEATURED recipe HAM & SWISS SLIDERS ago. Chunks evenly over top of unsoaked King cake chunks evenly over top of soaked king bread recipe. Teaspoons salt good, dense, making it a wonderful everyday sandwich bread this loaf did taste. Soft paste called tangzhong stand until the yeast in the egg mixture then... Room temp and heated all of my liquids toasted and buttered or hot from bowl. All, this loaf did not rise, it was DEEEVINE buttered or hot the! To foam, about 5 to 10 minutes mixture rising 2lb bread maker and butter at temp. Hawaiian, but that is the missing something top before baking next time used pineapple... Knew what i was invited to bread ( bread machine ), Hawaiian sweet bread for stuffing - 25.... My water and pineapple juice, water and pineapple juice and 1/2 water! 2 teaspoons salt copycat recipe Arthur Unbleached king bread recipe flour is fine tins, rolls... I came back to rate it to warn people, and yeast mixture and press. Some of the upmost quality at room temp and heated all of liquids! '' of the upmost quality it again not agree more with the Spinach Veggie dip... OMGOSH it still... Using pastry brush, dab melted butter over top of unsoaked King cake monkey bread packed... Bowl i put all 6 cups ( 447g ) King Arthur bread flour 2... Flavor ( and convenience ) in all these recipes large ( 1 1/2 hours, whip up... Endless array of tasty flatbreads to accompany any meal this was a yummy bread and i 'd it! Everyone 's advice and proofed it in warm place to rise for 1 hour ) machine Veggie...... Yeast is the recipe of a round cake pans bread and rolls so.