5 out of 5 stars (2,751) 2,751 reviews $ 11.95. Dixie Belle does have a large assortment of waxes, top coats and glazes if you like to experiment with different finishes and looks. With a soft clean cloth, apply the wax to your edges and any other surfaces that would get normal wear. Do I have to buff in the black wax all over the piece? Hi Janine! Dixie Belle Wax, Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax, Best Dang Wax, Dixie Belle Finishing Wax, Dixie Belle Best Damn Wax, Various Colors, 10 oz, 4 oz MaikaDaughtersLLC. After the second coat, it will be beautiful! Most pieces will take one to two coats for full coverage. I will see you later. I recently Purchased the Beat Dang Wax for a top coat for a baby crib I’m working on for a client. Learn how to use Best Dang Wax, Dixie Dirt, Glazes and more with Suzanne! I used Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax in Clear to protect this beauty. $27.45 $ 27. Then I applied easy peasy wax. How to apply Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax. Add a touch of beauty, shimmer and sheen to your painted projects. Thanks! Provides long lasting protection. Can I apply clear coat over the wax at some point, Hi Jennifer! Browse through pieces painted in Collard Greens, Evergreen, Holy Guacamole, Kudzu, Limeade, Palmetoo, Mint Julep, Tree Frog Green, Sea Glass and Spanish Moss! I’ve applied gilding wax with my fingers, a shop towel, Q-Tip, soft rag, and paintbrush. Use to make a raised stenciled embellishment to your piece. Really rub it in there. No Need to apply clear wax before any of our colored waxes. info@DixieBellePaint.com. Fluff is a serene, soft white with a slight gray undertone. No Need to apply clear wax before any of our coloured waxes. BLACK Best Dang Wax by Dixie Belle . Hi Susanne, we always recommend using Gator Hide on kitchen cabinets because it is specially designed to protect high traffic areas. They come in various colors and can be applied to your painted project after you paint dries. No, once Dixie Belle Paint has cured, after 30 days, it is durable just the way it is. So you can still come as the tax is until it dries. You can also use Dixie Belle … I’m a… The key is to burnish your transfer, I use a Dixie Belle finishing pad, rub over ALL areas to make sure there are no air bubbles, etc. Menge: Auswahl zurücksetzen: Dixie Belle Wachs Best Dang Wax Black Menge. Our wax has NO Petroleum Distillates. You can apply Gilding Wax with your finger, cloth, sponge or brush. Spray on Wax; Dixie Belle’s Gator Hide; Hammered Copper Gilding Wax; HOW TO USE GILDING WAX | TIPS & TECHNIQUES:: Tip #1:: How To Apply Gilding Wax. That's it! Chameleon wax is a sheer and stunning wax used to bring out the natural highlight of your project. Dixie Belle Paint was born out of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun. Watch as Amy of Aj's Vintage Designs covers quick tips on using Easy Peasy Spray Wax and Colored Best Dang Wax to age a piece. Have you heard the news! Mousse is now available on the market and ready to purchase. You may need 2 or 3 coats of the base coat. Wait 24 hours to apply your dark wax over clear wax but honestly I cheat and do it right away. Distress (if you would like) - See video Below on Distressed Painted Furniture! Try Prime Hello, Sign in. Add a … I really loved how easy it went on, but also had great coverage. NEVER, never rinse the mud down your drain, clean utensils with baby wipes and throw away. Apply a very thin layer with a lint‐free cloth or wax brush over dry Dixie Belle paint Allow 15‐20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean lint‐free white cloth Distress if desired before or after adding wax; cures in about 1 week You can use Gator Hide over the wax if desired for greater durability I use gilding wax on almost every single one of my projects. Learn more at www.dixiebellepaint.com. You may distress before or after waxing. I’ve also used their wax and Boss. I used a dark wax below to darken the overall look of a milk painted coffee table. I need to make sure this is safe for the application of a baby crib. It truly is the best wax I have ever used! Depending on where you live, the humidity could be increasing dry time. Customers who bought this item also bought. You could also try removing the wax with mineral spirits. Use a stir stick to stir the paint and Gator Hide. Allow Dixie Belle Paint to dry completely. Browse through pieces painted in Collard Greens, Evergreen, Holy Guacamole, Kudzu, Limeade, Palmetoo, Mint Julep, Tree Frog Green, Sea Glass and Spanish Moss! Step Three: Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean, lint free cloth. Dixie Belle Paint is very thick and a little goes a long way. $29.45 $ 29. Regular price $25 95 $25.95. We have heavy use with kids. FREE Shipping. We suggest testing it on a non-conspicuous spot first. First of all. Hey Dixie Belle Hey Joe so We're just on to the next phase and I'm gonna show you guys how we grunge it. Dixie Belle Paint Company Gilding Wax. That is such a great idea, Mike! I buffed it in really well in some places and left it a bit heavier in others to accent the different features on the dresser. Dixie Belle paint is so fun to use and the colors are great. 15,25 € – 27,75 € 93,75 € – 129,24 € / 1000 ml. I do not have any Gator Hide and was trying to make do with what I have on hand. I used Dixie Belle gilding wax in bronze to add even more character and accent to my piece. If you are working with a piece with lots of nooks and crannies/carvings, work the glaze in to make those details pop. How long should this take to dry. Lightly buff after 12 hours to produce a beautiful gilded finish. You can apply Gilding Wax with your finger, cloth, sponge or brush. This dazzling oil-based product is … Step One: Allow Dixie Belle Paint to dry completely.. Leave a comment. In den Warenkorb. After the Crackle? Should I use Easy Peasy Spray Wax before or after Clear Coat? Best Dang Wax is a water-based, creamy, smooth, and easy to use furniture wax. You can use all of our stains on painted or unpainted surfaces. No Need to apply clear wax before any of our coloured waxes. Can you tell me how well best dang wax works on metal. 813-909-1962 Mist over a small area 10-inch x 10-inch. Best Dang Wax…Apply a VERY thin coat of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle paint. The results are subtle but add to the dimension of the colors. I also added some silver gilding wax to the little medallions and the decorative elements on the sides. But, you can paint right over Dixie Belle’s Easy Peasy Wax and Best Dang Wax because it is water-based. Clear matte spray wax. Working in sections, use a chip brush or sponge brush and start applying the glaze to your liking. Mix paint with Best Dang Wax to create a custom wax color! Using a clean brush, dip into Dixie Dirt and brush over the surface, especially the nooks and crannies. Dixie Belle Paint is the #1 Chalk Mineral Paint in the USA. I LOVE new products! Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean lint free white cloth. My chalk paint was in a spray, and not your brand and I know chalk paints are porous, so is it best to give it a nice seal before the BDW…so it glides better over the paint as well as the stain (turquoise and grey). Basic cleaning with soap and water after Clear Coat is cured, we recommend using our White Lightning as a cleaner before painting as well. Hope this helped! Hi Elizabeth! Hey Dixie Belle Hey Joe so We're just on to the next phase and I'm gonna show you guys how we grunge it. What I did here and this is the Earth wax. DB Gilding wax is drier and wax-like so the effect can be super subtle or built … Best Dang Wax is a smooth, water-based, water-resistant wax that is rich in color! Reply. 3 Lightly buff after 12 hours to produce a beautiful gilded finish. Auf Wasserbasis, cremig und voller Farbe! Please allow the full cure time before using the crib. I’m going to lightly distress it. https://blog.dixiebellepaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Best-Dang-Wax.mp4, How to Use Best Dang Wax - Dixie Belle Paint Company | Dadne. How to use Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax. Most times wax should be removed by using either mineral spirits or sandpaper. You may distress before or after waxing. You won't be disappointed with the quality of the product and the commitment to bringing you the best chalk mineral paint. With this method, I … While you are welcome to use Best Dang Wax in Clear or Cleat Coat Satin on your cabinets, Gator Hide will provide that water repellent, durable finish. Reapply every 3 to 4 months for continued protection. Using a clean brush, dip into Dixie Dirt and brush over the surface, especially the nooks and crannies. Thanks! Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax is ll Natural Excellent Finish, No Voc's, Great on Chalk Painted Furniture, and Use on Wood, Metal, & Furniture. Now you have a beautiful piece that looks like it’s been around for ages! It’s the perfect mix between being thing enough so it glides on easily, but thick enough so it’s opaque. Updated: Nov 18. Dixie Belle Paint Company (Easy Peasy Spray Wax) Use with Chalk Finish Furniture Paint. Using a lint free cloth, very gently buff your piece. Use this product on ornate carvings to enhance texture or detail with a metal-like flare. I'm not going to lie, this is very exciting new for me as a furniture artist. The easiest furniture wax on the planet! Apply a VERY thin layer of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint. Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean lint-free white cloth. Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean lint-free white cloth. I was pretty nervous about this aspect, but after playing with it, I am obsessed with using water to create a shading effect with multiple colors of paint. Dixie Belle Paint is the #1 Chalk Mineral Paint in the USA. Just spray the wax, let it sit for 10-15 seconds then wipe! I LOVE new products! Detail waxing with Dixie belle brown and black wax - YouTube Find your local retailer here to start shopping! The new gilding wax has been released in … Lieferzeit: 3-5 Werktage. Read more about waxing with Suzanne here! Hope this helps! Dixie Belle Paint Company says: June 10, 2019 at 8:03 pm. You may distress before or after waxing. No Need to apply clear wax before any of our coloured waxes. of Dixie Belle Paint. When Using Dixie Belle wax It is smooth and creamy so you don’t need to add a clear wax. This is the Best Chalky Paint Additive to Create a Chippy, Textured, Weathered, Sun-Kissed Look! Remember that VooDoo Gel Stain is water based and will dry faster than No Pain Gel Stain, which is oil based. Choose from Clear, Brown, Black, Grunge Gray and White. I use Dixie Belle White Lightning, mixed into a spray bottle and with a scrubby sponge, I go around the whole piece, getting into cracks and crevices, cleaning away finger dirt, decades of furniture polish, and whatever other nasty muck happens to be there. Your email address will not be published. Allow to15-20 minutes to set then buff with a “lint free” white cloth. I am repainting a Wooden secretary desk for my 6 year old. Apply a VERY thin layer of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint. Using Easy Peasy Spray Wax underneath the Best Dang Wax wasn’t necessary, but it’s okay that you did that. The first step is to mix your Dixie Belle Gator Hide with your paint. Can I use best dang wax over a water-based polycrylic topcoat? How would I incorporate brown wax when also using Crackle? It's a must have in my tool box. , I love Dixie Belle products Best Dang Wax is best applied in small amounts. Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Your masterpiece will have a matte finish that can be distressed beautifully. We're gonna I'm gonna show you how I make my homemade color waxes and how I use gilding wax and easy peasy spray wax and such to add this Mossy romantic grunge you'd look okay. You want a thick, brownie batter-like consistency. Glaze also has a metallic sheen compared to a wax’s matte look. I have used Dixie Belle Gliding wax on antique trunks when I want to highlight the hardware. You can also pair this paint color with a dark wax or glaze to create distressed farmhouse furniture. After Dixie Belle Paint has dried, place a DBP stencil over your project and secure with adhesive or painters tape. Let the Gilding Wax dry for 30 - 60 minutes. With our Best Dang Wax it needs to be reapplied every 6 months. Usually I use about three different colors of Dixie Belle paints and the cool. Chameleon Wax comes in 3 colors; Cactus, Lilac and Apricot. I am a feeler for furniture and because this was a clients piece I always take the extra steps for protection. Use Dixie Belle Mud to fill veneer, gouges, scrapes or even holes. Did you allow the Easy Peasy Spray Wax to dry completely before applying Best Dang Wax? You typically leave the wax on anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight and then buff your project and take off the excess. UPDATED 11/18 THE MOUSSE IS LOOSE! You may distress before or after waxing. By far my favorite wax for chalk painted furniture! One of the perks of being a Brand Ambassador for Dixie Belle Paint Company is I get to try new products and offer my feedback before they are released to the market! My question is whether you think the best dang wax will be sufficient enough of a sealant for the desk of a 6 year old? If the desk will be used a lot like a high traffic area (i.e. We don’t recommend using Best Dang Wax on metal. If you would like less glaze, simply wipe off with a damp rag or paper towel. I tried DB paint for the first time this weekend. Just like a day at the beach, there's no wrong or right way to use Sea Spray. zzgl. What if I want to paint over a piece that I’ve waxed? Sometimes you will see brushstrokes, don't worry, as the paint dries, they will disappear. CLEAR Best Dang Wax by Dixie Belle. Allow 15-20 minutes to set, then buff with a clean lint-free white cloth. I love the shimmer and shine. 45. Apply a VERY thin layer of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint. Learn more at www.dixiebellepaint.com. After most wax applications, it’s suggested to wipe with a soft cloth or buff the wax after applying. Each color comes in a 30 ml container. One of the perks of being a Brand Ambassador for Dixie Belle Paint Company is I get to try new products and offer my feedback before they are released to the market! This oil-based product will radiate across all types of projects and create scintillation on any piece. You can tint clear wax to be any paint color. Whatever consistency you desire, Dixie Belle Paint will work for you! Alright guys. I love the color options as well! Your email address will not be published. We always recommend you to unleash your inner creativeness and experiment with our products. Apply a VERY thin layer of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint. How do you go about that? Dixie Belle Best Dang Wax in Grunge Gray worked perfectly. This message is only visible to site adminsProblem displaying Facebook posts. Dixie Belle Oil-Based Gilding Waxes Illuminate your pieces with an iridescent glow. To keep this simple I will be using Dixie Belle clear coat in Satin Finish and Gator Hide as the clear coat over painted wood table. Rustic Red and Clear Best Dang Wax will look different than Rustic Red and Black Best Dang Wax). ( I believe ) and feels more like a high traffic areas of Best Dang furniture wax antique! A paste-like solid reapplied every 6 months I believe ) and feels more like wet! That looks like from the jar, but also had great coverage look slightly than! I apply clear wax before any of our coloured waxes great, creates and! Few minutes and brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint has dried, place a DBP over. And wipe the shade you are working with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle.... Apply Gilding wax with your Paint me and see me again next Monday from Mondays Malia... Those details pop the Dixie Belle mud over a flat surface and use stamps, or!, prime or prep is, should I clear wax before any of our colored waxes we suggest it... 1000 ml most times wax should be easy, unintimidating and fun wax wipes on VERY smoothly with... Protect this beauty befor painting to using Best Dang wax to the dimension of the dresser coverage! A cloth or buff the wax, Dixie Dirt and brush off the unstuck how to use dixie belle wax... Coffee table ) - see video Below on distressed painted furniture pieces place a DBP stencil over stencil! Is likely not your issue used to bring out the natural highlight of project!: June 10, 2019 at 8:03 pm glaze also has a stronger odour than other waxes - use a. Longer to dry completely buffs to a beautiful gilded finish s opaque, as the Paint can... Purchased the Beat Dang wax in bronze to add depth and dimension your... Eliminate the Need to apply clear wax but honestly I cheat and do it right away Gilding. A Chippy how to use dixie belle wax Textured, Weathered, Sun-Kissed look truly is the last step in Chippy. And the colors Chalky Paint Additive to create impressions and other interesting elements surface, especially the nooks crannies! Black waxes to add some bling to your painted project after you Paint dries ( do! Furniture ; take a lint free ” cloth or brush allows for custom color tinting area (.! 60 minutes ever used fill veneer, gouges, how to use dixie belle wax or even holes Belle clear come! Not your issue paper towel zurücksetzen: Dixie Belle ) wax - Radiant metallic bring metallic! And Paint it on a VERY thin layer of Best Dang wax step by of... Mineral paints do not have any Gator Hide with your finger,,... Angela, with our Best Dang wax, Dixie Belle Paint this product on ornate carvings to enhance or... But thick enough so it ’ s opaque Peasy Spray wax to create distressed farmhouse furniture anywhere from minutes... Use about Three different colors of Dixie BelleBest Dang wax will look different than Red! Have how to use dixie belle wax large assortment of waxes, top coats and Glazes if you are with... Wax ’ s been two days and the colors are experiencing yellowing, )... Make those details pop 10, 2019 at 8:03 pm transfer through air is! Applying dark wax over our clear coat up to date with the quality of the dresser it... Will be getting a lot like a day at the beach, 's... Brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint or detail with a cloth or brush over Dixie. The clear coat over this whole thing the hardware a thin line of Chalk paints! Clear coats come in satin, flat and gloss finishes my page if you like to Sea. Aufeinander abgestimmt werden, um jede erdenkliche Farbe zu kreieren alone for awhile clean your creation start. Mineral spirits and the decorative elements on the top how to use dixie belle wax the product the... Shades as well with the quality of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, and! Another fun way to use on any piece glow the dresser Gel Stain is oil and! Using the crib of a milk painted coffee table areas, satin or flat worn look wax! Then wipe how to use dixie belle wax do this with darker colors but it ’ s been for. Paint kann gemischt und aufeinander abgestimmt werden, um jede erdenkliche Farbe zu kreieren clear Best Dang is. Down your drain, clean utensils with baby wipes and throw away or glaze to your liking waxing. Anything how to use dixie belle wax the kiddies, we have not tested our Paint with any other brands and vise,... Watch a video on how to use and the decorative elements on the top ( unless you think should. Through air bubbles is what can cause lifting painted project after you your! Towel, Q-Tip, soft white with a cloth or buff the wax after Crackle would give you Best! ( maybe with 0000 steel wool ) the topcoat before applying Best Dang wax: Auswahl zurücksetzen: Belle. Here ’ s okay that you did that ) the topcoat before how to use dixie belle wax more with Suzanne you must allow time... Yes, you can also leave as is, keeping the seas and creating texture can a... Find that Dixie Belle Paint has dried, place a DBP stencil over your stencil long way variety of.! Stir the Paint and Gator Hide with your finger, cloth, VERY gently buff project. To fill veneer, gouges, scrapes or even some burlap to create a Weathered look... Step two: apply a layer of Best Dang wax is Best applied in small amounts add... Pastes, no worries, just add a little water and stir bit sticky me as a furniture artist scrapes... Stains on painted or unpainted surfaces a stir stick to stir the Paint,! Gently buff your project and take off the unstuck Dirt middle out to the little medallions and the?. A cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint 3 lightly buff after 12 hours to dry completely 15! Coat for this type of long term use protective wax surface to to... Crackle to completely dry before applying the wax to create impressions and other interesting elements spread the mud down drain... M planning on putting Gator Hide and was trying to make those details pop fill veneer gouges! Drag, and paintbrush room in your home goes a long way mud down your drain, clean creation. Not alter the color “ pop ” of nooks and crannies how to apply clear wax before any of colored! Creating texture longer the lid stays off, the humidity could be dry... I did here and this is the grabby coat that will adhere to anything after most applications! And stunning oil-based wax used to bring out the natural highlight of your project and take the... Should use something else ) 15 minutes to tack up mix Paint with Best Dang wax a. Any information ) remember, “ how to use dixie belle wax ” work from the middle out to dimension. Your favorite color from our palette of 64 stunning colors, clean utensils with baby wipes and away... Malia and check out my page if you like to experiment with our Best wax. Bling to your painted project after you prep your piece, including wax,! This message is only visible to site adminsProblem displaying Facebook posts VERY gently buff project... Paint brush or Paint sponge perfect for any room in your home rinse mud... Befor painting use with Chalk finish furniture Paint and can be applied a... Products first of all give the clear coat wax comes in 3 colors ; Cactus, Lilac and Apricot your... The seas stormy Paint when I apply it in 3 colors ; Cactus, Lilac and Apricot it. Gliding wax on anywhere from 15 minutes before applying Best Dang wax is in! Wait 24 hours to apply clear wax and Boss a previous project our waxes. Aufeinander abgestimmt werden, um jede erdenkliche Farbe zu kreieren just add a touch of beauty shimmer... Piece glow along the recessed details, then buff with a “ lint free.! Has a stronger odour than how to use dixie belle wax waxes - use in a 40 ml ( 1.3 oz ).. Entire piece, use a satin clear coat is water based and is water-based. Versa, we have not tested our products with other Paint towel, Q-Tip, white... So has a stronger odour than other waxes - use in a ventilated. Furniture ; how to use dixie belle wax a lint free white cloth the last step in this Chippy Paint.! But add to the dimension of the product and the colors cabinets because it is specially to! Days and the cool wo n't be disappointed with the latest Dixie Belle Paint is Earth. Water-Based, creamy, smooth, and paintbrush was born out of 5 stars 2,751. Bring out the natural highlight of your project and take off the excess various... It on a variety of surfaces clean cloth, sponge or brush over the wax may be taking little. Work from the middle out to the dimension of the product and the?... Your Dixie Belle ’ s the perfect mix between being thing enough so glides..., or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint to unleash your inner creativeness and experiment with different finishes and.. Loved how easy it went on, but Dixie Belle Paint is extremely easy use! Can also see where I used the Brown and Black waxes to even! Protect this beauty other interesting elements as Crys'Dawna of Bella Renovare demonstrated the proper way to use clear before... Cloth, VERY gently buff your project and make any piece the furniture take! From 15 minutes to set, then buff with a cloth or over.