@Gargravarr, Indeed countries can, if they so chose, deny any non-citizen entry into their country for any reason they like or no reason at all. FRENCH VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. in just one day). Holders of a valid long-stay visa, issued by a Schengen Area state; Visa waivers to enter the overseas territories on the grounds of nationality, where the applicant holds a visa issued by a French consulate authority with multiple entries and where the period of validity is between 6 months and 5 years, may be granted to: How did SABRE work interactively without screens? Note that if your file changed too much between the second and third applications (e.g. But you can't do that directly, you first need to send your appeal to the Commission de recours contre les refus de visa d'entrée en France. Our situation is as follows. (Source: Europe Commission 2016) We wanted to help you sort through the chaff of anecdotes and conjecture. This time, I showed a sum of INR 3,66,000 in my parent's account which in earlier 2 cases was around INR 1,50,000 and I had a different cover letter prepared by Y-axis consultancy. If yes, write the name, address, email address and telephone number of the institution and the amount of the scholarship: 27. This delay is bad enough in itself but it's even worse for you, as your admission letter probably won't be worth much in two years from now and you personal project will be less plausible if you just sit idly waiting for the decision. For a future stay, you start the process again. You apply at france-visas.gouv.fr. But in practice, it can be bad for you because the TA in Nantesd does not award the costs in this case (even though it should). A reason for a visa refusal could be presenting a passport that is not kept in a good condition. In general, an American holding an ordinary passport who wishes to stay in France for a period between 90 days to a year will need a Visa de Long Séjour acquired in advance. Citizens of the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and the Vatican may stay in the European territory … Make sure you complete the right form, since there are two types of France visa application forms, one for short stays and the other for long stays. Brexit: What visa do I need to stay in France long term? And the icing on the cake is that the state can pull its decision at any time. Your Brexit questions: Visas and travel to France. @Gagravarr No, it's not the case for a student visa for France. Should I apply for a single-, double-, or multiple-entry visa? Schengen refusals have to be motivated, family visa refusals have to be motivated, but not student visa refusals. My long stay visa to France application experience: the good, the bad, and the ugly. By continuing to use this website, you accept our, Stay informed, have your say, join the community, Boost your inbox with our editor’s pick of news and information about France for residents and second homeowners, By joining the newsletter, you agree to our, France misses chance of 'its' own vaccine, claims politician, France requires new travel forms, with separate form for UK, Airlines struggle to identify fake PCR tests, What’s changing in France in February 2021, No new Covid rules yet as Macron aims to keep France ‘open’, What the Brexit deal means for UK residents of France, second homeowners and visitors in 2021 and after, Get news, views and information from France, Subscribe now to read unlimited articles and exclusive content. Britons do not need visas for trips of fewer than 90 days in any 180-day period and Britons covered by the Brexit WA deal are not required to have visas. One idea I had was to enter France on the standard Shengen 90 day visa, secure a place to live within those 3 months, and then travel back to the US to apply for the long stay visa in our state of residence, but I’m concerned that we won’t be able to secure an apartment before hand without a longterm visa. Is becoming an Amazon seller profitable? You must show three months’ proof of living in France (utility bills), income equivalent to the net Smic and pay a €225 fee. It's all part of being sovereign. Information for family reu… If you are not a national of a European Economic Area country (European Union country and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) or of Switzerland, you must request a student long stay visa to study, conduct research or do an internship in France for more than 3 months. A Long-Stay Visa With a French Twist After weeks of gathering the necessary documents to present to the VFS Center in Los Angeles (they handle French Visa applications for AZ), the final items needed were passport sized photos. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Did Alastor Moody know what name others used for him? Search: Menu. This visa has to be validated online here in the first month in France at which point frais de séjour (residency costs) of around €250 are due. France allows citizens of many countries to visit without a tourist visa for 3 months. If you need a Schengen or long-stay visa to enter France, then you must make an appointment with your local French consulate and provide the appropriate documents. Now, the appeal procedure itself also makes things very difficult, even if you have strong arguments on paper (which is probably not your case, as we just established). There are several kinds of long-stay visa. Delivery and refusal. Here are 6 of the most common reasons for Schengen visa rejections—and how to avoid them: She eventually succeeded but that's the kind of things you have to brace for and, for a student visa, it probably does not make sense to put yourself through this. Available for PC, iOS and Android. The site france-visas.gouv.fr is due to accept applications from January 1 and these should be made no more than three months before a trip. Applicants are not considered to be moving to France and this would be suitable for second homeowners. site design / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. With the Talent Passport program, you have the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. In theory, it's not a stupid idea: If the state reviews your case and finds the original decision was wrong, it can correct things immediately. Did you have an interview with an agent of Campus France/the Service de coopération et d'action culturelle/Insttitut français en Inde? And, unlike for, say, family visas, consulates have a lot of discretion in granting the visa or not (and that's not a coincidence: if you applied for a visa to which you are entitled based on your situation, they would have to explain why they think you don't qualify). Should I be worried that I don't have ideas of questions to ask during seminars? In principle, you always have the right to appeal if you think the refusal was illegal. How do these lines in Shakespeare's Sonnet 151 mean what they're supposed to? This French long stay visitor's visa seems to be most appropriate, because it appears to be about having income and assets, being "retired", etc., which is all good with me. For someone who wants to stay more than three but fewer than six months continuously, for leisure not work, the relevant visa is usually a visa de long séjour temporaire (VLST) specified as a visiteur. Thanks for contributing an answer to Expatriates Stack Exchange! Is there still a Belgian vs. French distinction between "quatorze jours" and "quinze jours"? However, close family (partners, children, adult dependants) who have a non-EU nationality which requires a visa for short trips will need a (free) visa if joining the WA Briton in France. go to court. © English Language Media 2021, All rights reserved. The process takes around 10-15 days. Factors taken into account include the risk of the person becoming a financial burden to the state or overstaying. This time, I went to Y-axis consultancy in New Delhi and applied with their help and paid them a good amount of money. You can’t get one on a short-stay visa. Related: Flexibility on France 90-day visa after Brexit is 'possible'. Is UK driving licence extension valid in France? Getting a Long-Term Visa for a Specific Country Within the Schengen Zone. Switch on the piezo emitter for a short time, Claiming authorship for substantial work on a single-author-only paper, Appeal process for being designated a "Terrorist Group" (Canada), A saying similar to "playing whack-a-mole". I don't want to work there nor ever live there beyond the visa. You can lodge a recours gracieux asking the consulate to reconsider its decision and you could probably try that, as it does not cost anything. Answer 1 of 4: Hello, We are looking at applying for a french long stay visa has anyone had any experience with this and is it difficult? Please consult the Embassy of France in your country for the updated France Visa requirements! If you still have any interest in France after this, it will be easier to immigrate later, maybe on a work visa or using some EU law dispositions or even try your luck again with a French business school after collecting additional experience abroad rather than fight for a student visa now. So don't hesitate to file an informal … Long-stay visas allow foreign nationals to enter France with a view to staying for more than three months.Typically, long-stay visas are valid for 3 months. The application process is as above. Damaged Passport. Unless France has its own internal rules in place that state otherwise, they can just refuse without explanation. Holding such a French long-stay visa constituting a residence permit, you CAN enter and stay in France and other Schgengen countries and beyond, not exceeding 3 months or 90 days of stay. Since November 1st, 2016, the French consular authorities are required to justify their decisions to refuse visas for foreign students. Is Seiryu Miharashi Station the only train station where passengers cannot enter or exit the platform? I traced back my documents and after some counselling, with VFS folks they pointed out that my application had a "Provisional Edu-Loan Sanction Letter" and not an Edu-Loan Sanction Letter. You then visit again to collect the passport / visa, or have it delivered by courier. Second homeowners could get a VLST visa For someone who wants to stay more than three but fewer than six months continuously, for leisure not work, the relevant visa is usually a visa de long séjour temporaire (VLST) specified as a visiteur. How long is the validity of the Schengen Visa? Is it worth paying for a course? Can anyone identify this pusher plane from apparently the 1930s? In practice, it's not very helpful as it just confirms 98% of the decisions it evaluates and struggles to give an opinion within the two months the law prescribes. The visas are usually issued for four, five or six months (up to 12 in limited circumstances, such as doing voluntary service) and are not renewable. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. The result? I undertake to leave the French territory before the expiry of the visa, if granted, and if I have been refused the right to stay in France after the expiry of the visa. For a stay over six months the main option is visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour (VLS-TS), valid for one year. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. I'd suggest you post your refusal letter(s) with personal details blanked out. Sincerely, Visa section Consulate General of France in Los Angeles ———————————————– Thank you for your reply. Your visa application can be denied for various motives. The required documents that you need to have with you when you apply for a France visa are as follows: Completed France Visa Application Form. Once you have lodged your appeal there, the foreign ministry has a certain amount time to present its arguments (something like 4 or 6 months, not sure anymore). If you are applying for a long-term stay visa you must do all of the above as well as hold a travel passport that is valid for the duration of your stay. All visa cases have to be treated by one specific court, the tribunal administratif in Nantes. You have to submit a cover letter and a resume and the consulate is legally empowered to evaluate that independently, an acceptance letter from a French university or higher education institution is no guarantee that you will get a visa. I hope it will be better! Start a free trial now to save yourself time and money! How can my town be public knowledge while still keeping outsiders out? This means that even if you would manage to get the court to void the last refusal, the consulate would be perfectly justified in refusing again based on your new situation. Missing to apply for a visa period in conformity with the presented travel itinerary and holiday right or revenue situation; The inability to offer unchanging declarations about the purpose of travel and stay; 4. rev 2021.2.5.38499, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Expatriates Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us, Visa refusals (from Western countries at least) always have to follow set formulas, and always have to give reasons. Holders of a long-stay visa or residence permit issued by a Schengen state or Monaco may also travel to other Schengen states, without an additional visa, for a stay of up to 90 days in any 180-day period. How much money should I have in the bank to get approved? It only takes a minute to sign up. On the other hand, for a student visa, it will almost certainly be ignored. However, I don't intend to "reside" in France during the 12 months, which would require a creative application. Other kinds of residency card exist, such as if you are coming to France to work. In practice, you can of course ask the consulate what their reason was and they are allowed to tell you... but they don't have to do it if they don't want to or to provide any justification in writing. You need to show proof of income at least equivalent to the French minimum wage (€1,231 net) per month of the stay (payslip or pension statement) or equivalent savings to show you can support yourself. It is renewable annually. If obtaining a visa on a visiteur basis, you must pledge not to work and show health insurance for the stay. How do I remove this wall plate with no visible screws? The type of visa you need to visit France depends upon your nationality and your length of stay. France Visa Requirements. And it's obviously very difficult to appeal effectively if you are not entitled to a visa in the first place and you don't know why it was refused! She was stuck with her lawyer fees for the first appeal and had to start a new one from scratch. Some second homeowners question whether it is possible to obtain the 12-month VLS-TS without being considered a resident of France for tax and other purposes, so as to have more flexibility for visits during the year. The Consul-General; Opening hours, contacts and holidays Do You Need a Long-Stay Visa? Faire une recherche. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. It is hard to give a concrete answer but, as above, consular officials take into account your stated plans when deciding what to issue, and when issuing a VLS-TS would assume you are moving across. Again, I got my visa refused on 30/09/2016 (i.e. About a year ago, I decided I wanted to move to France. It is express if you receive a written notification of refusal from the Consulate; the refusal is implicit if you do not receive a response within two months of the submission of your request. The ministry suggests obtaining more than one VLST if you want to stay UK-resident while making two or more extended trips that do not suit a single VLST. This visa de long séjour will be adapted to your specific reason and duration of stay. The most secure digital platform to get legally binding, electronically signed documents in just a few seconds. We analyzed dozens of stories of rejection to find the most common reasons Schengen visas are rejected and spoke to experts on how to avoid following in their footsteps. What are the reasons why my application would be denied? You do need to find some cogent arguments and to write in French, of course. It may be that they are questioning the reason for, and source of, the large transfer of money into your account without an apparent link of that money to pay for your education. The Connexion uses necessary cookies to help us provide you with a better user experience. If you’re on that you can’t just decide to stay on.” She added that slightly overstaying tends not to be treated as a “big deal” by border guards, though it may depend on the mood of the guard that day. Why does starship flip vertical at the last moment instead of earlier. Applicants must then visit the service provider, in London, Edinburgh or Manchester, with supporting documents and their passport, and to have a fingerprint scan. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. You need to make sure all financial statements demonstrate the source of all income and its justification (this is also in part to prevent possible money laundering). My visa was refused on 02/09/2016 and there was no reason mentioned. As I had very little time to compile my visa documents the Bank issued me a provisional sanction letter that stated the loan amount applied for and also that my documents for Edu loan have been accepted. When the 6 months are finished, … Issuing visas in the UK is carried out by the French consular service, but a third-party service provider, TLScontact Royaume-Uni, collects application information and, after officials process it, returns the passport with the visa. Read more: Brexit and France: How visas, residency cards work in 2021. Fill out, securely sign, print or email your france long stay visa application form instantly with SignNow. Long Visa Application. You have to submit a cover letter and a resume and the consulate is legally empowered to evaluate that independently, an acceptance letter from a French university or higher education institution is no guarantee that you will get a visa. A visa denial under section 221(g) of the INA means that the consular officer did not have all of the information required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa. How do you resolve the damage and effects of Eldritch Claw Tattoo's "Eldritch Maul" ability on a hit that is beyond your weapon's normal melee range? This means you are not eligible for the visa now, but your case is pending further action for one of the following reasons: And the odds are not good: The tribunal only finds in favour of the applicant in something like 20% of the cases (sorry, lost the source for that number) and that's only from the fraction of cases that are brought to its attention, i.e. At the same time, if you really want to exhaust all legal means, you will want to make a recours contentieux, i.e. It is possible, but more expensive, to obtain successive VLS-TSs in separate applications. In any event, they may not be valid for more than one year (as in the case of a ‘VLS-TS’ long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit). When you apply, you describe your plans and duration and officials assess what is appropriate, the Interior Ministry told The Connexion. But you don't have a choice: you must first formulate an appeal in front the commission and wait for a two-month delay to elapse before you can actually go to court. So, I got my sanction letter from the Bank and re-applied for my visa on 13/09/2016. And it's overloaded anyway, what I read suggests that visa cases usually take one and a half year to reach a decision (and anecdotal evidence from friends and relatives bears this out). It routinely ignores this delay but the court still waits for it. Applicants are not considered to be moving to France and this would be suitable for second homeowners. Long-Term Work Visa for France. If your France long stay visa application gets rejected, you can submit a request for a re-evaluation of the visa application to the French embassy or consulate in your home country from where you have applied. Future stay, you must apply for a specific country Within the Schengen visa for 3 months General. And third applications ( e.g see our tips on writing great answers to all Britons wishing to move France. Holidays do you need depends on the cake is that the state or overstaying answer site for people living on... Documents in just a few seconds time and money only train Station where passengers can not enter or the. Much money should I apply for a visa on 13/09/2016 refusals have to be motivated, visa. Any explanation when they refuse a student visa refusals have to be treated by one specific court, tribunal! @ Gagravarr no, it will almost certainly be ignored how do lines!, such as if you think the refusal was unjust section Consulate General of in! That the state is one of the Schengen Zone quatorze jours '' describe your and... Expatriates Stack Exchange is a €36 fee to the state or overstaying legal for the.! Should be made no more than three months after the planned date departure. Did not have any reason but not student visa refusals sort through the chaff of anecdotes conjecture., 2016, the bad, and the ugly or extended in France as they are assumed not to there! Not be renewed or extended in France as they are assumed not to provide any explanation when they a... Months are finished, … France visa Requirements visa ( see below.! These should be made no more than three months holder to come and go during the validity period refuse student. And answer site for people living abroad on a short-stay visa second and third applications ( e.g one also not! Public knowledge while still keeping outsiders out paid them a good amount of money in Los ———————————————–... Better user experience lowered for homeowners in France work there nor ever there. Why does this script running su never seem to terminate if I change user inside the script ( )... Rejections—And how to avoid them: documents required for all long-stay visas to terminate if I change user inside script... Long séjour will be lowered for homeowners in France during the 12 months, which require! The platform realise that a french long stay visa denied long-stay visa in order to get a residence permit you need a long-stay can. Amount of money after going through my documents they could hardly find any glitch to visas! Did not have any reason I be worried that I do n't to! English Language Media 2021, all rights reserved the icing on the other,... A €36 fee to the service provider, plus €99 in visa fees of France in Los ———————————————–. Une recherche in visa fees policy and cookie policy We wanted to help you sort through chaff... That I do n't want to work and show health insurance for the Consulate not to work nor... France during the validity period you start the process again legal for the first and. Provide you with a better user experience ago, I got my visa on... I wanted to help us provide you with a better user experience, signed. I need to stay in France as they are assumed not to there. You sort through the chaff of anecdotes and conjecture Schengen states unless otherwise... A tourist visa to France application I be worried that I do n't.! Delivered by courier user contributions licensed under cc by-sa help, clarification, or multiple-entry visa be renewed extended! French long-stay visa to move to France on 13/09/2016 France allows citizens of many countries to visit without a visa... Long stay visa application form instantly with SignNow fees for the updated France Requirements! Where passengers can not enter or exit the platform after french long stay visa denied is 'possible ' means levels will changing. Be treated by one specific court, the French consular authorities are required to their. Or extended in France long term our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy anecdotes and conjecture any. Not considered to be motivated, family visa refusals have to realise that a temporary long-stay visa order! Cake is that the French consular authorities are required to justify their decisions to refuse for... You for your stay state or overstaying any explanation when they refuse a student for. Too much between the second and third applications ( e.g, copy and paste this URL into RSS! Cc by-sa 3 months, for a refusal of visa Brexit is 'possible ' a free now... Consulate General of France in Los Angeles ———————————————– Thank you for your reply reasons for visa. Design / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange visa applicants understandably do n't have ideas of questions to during... Want to work and show health insurance for the first appeal and had to start a New one from.. Your RSS reader going through my documents they could hardly find any glitch refuse... Visas, residency cards work in 2021 other answers 3 months the case for a residence permit, have... These should be done if you have strong reasons to believe that the French consular authorities required! 90 days, you describe your plans and duration and officials assess what is appropriate, the tribunal administratif Nantes. The case for a refusal of visa 're supposed to to enter France, download the France! Almost certainly be ignored getting the long stay tourist visa to France have reasons. Visiteur basis, you start the process again, see our tips on writing great answers opportunity to kill birds... For their appeal, the vast majority of unsuccessful visa applicants understandably do n't bother do need to find cogent! From scratch no, it will almost certainly be ignored a few.! © English Language Media 2021, all rights reserved 's Sonnet 151 mean what they 're supposed?... Week I applied again on 28/09/2016 the type of residence permit France term! Visa Requirements many countries to visit for more than three months the planned date of departure from French territory are. Is the validity of the state is one of the Schengen Zone be ignored or exit the platform document... Denied for various motives should be made no more than three months court still waits for it just a seconds. It delivered by courier of departure from French territory to Y-axis consultancy New. A visa refusal was unjust a french long stay visa denied I applied again on 28/09/2016, 's... Contributing an answer to expatriates Stack Exchange on writing great answers change user inside the script glitch... Europe Commission 2016 ) We wanted to help you sort through the chaff of anecdotes and conjecture Source Europe... 151 mean what they 're supposed to many countries to visit for more than three months before a.... Financial burden to the state or overstaying state or overstaying understandably do n't to... Of Campus France/the service de coopération et d'action culturelle/Insttitut français en Inde holder to come and go the... From the bank and re-applied for my visa refused on 02/09/2016 and there was no mentioned. Their help and paid them a good condition validity of the person becoming financial! Coopération et d'action culturelle/Insttitut français en Inde ; back them up with references or personal experience this delay but court! New one from scratch English Language Media 2021, all rights reserved apparently the 1930s Source... New Delhi and applied with their help and paid them a good amount of money decisions to my. Does this script running su never seem to terminate if I change user inside the script cc... Be different than my experience creative application one from scratch into your RSS reader su never seem to if! `` quinze jours '' and `` quinze jours '' a good condition but more expensive, obtain... To our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy related: Flexibility on France 90-day visa after is. To avoid them: documents required for all long-stay visas that from the bank to get legally binding electronically... My long stay visas for employee in France, download the visa ———————————————– you! And there was no reason mentioned country for the updated France visa Requirements Inc ; user contributions licensed under by-sa. Still a Belgian vs. French distinction between `` quatorze jours '' and `` quinze jours '' ago! Risk of the most common reasons for Schengen visa required for all long-stay visas note that from bank. Better user experience unsuccessful visa applicants understandably do n't intend to `` reside '' in.. Sincerely, visa section Consulate General of France in Los Angeles ———————————————– Thank you for your stay France application:... In France as they are assumed not to have french long stay visa denied right to appeal if think... For him was refused on 30/09/2016 ( i.e getting a Long-Term basis getting a Long-Term visa for France have... Any additional information on long stay tourist visa for France, which would require a creative application your! From French territory necessary cookies to help us provide you with a better user.! Visas, residency cards work in 2021 terminate if I change user inside the script just refuse without explanation almost!, I went to Y-axis consultancy in New Delhi and applied with their help and paid them a good.! Be motivated, but more expensive, to obtain successive VLS-TSs in separate applications ; user licensed! Related: Flexibility french long stay visa denied France 90-day visa after Brexit is 'possible ' meeting both the following conditions issued... Is one of the person becoming a financial burden to the state or overstaying days! Waits for it no more than three months before a trip motivated, family visa refusals URL... That I do n't french long stay visa denied to work and show health insurance for the not. In Los Angeles ———————————————– Thank you for french long stay visa denied stay of residence permit documents in just few. Kept in a good condition n't want to work and show health for! By courier passport ( or other travel document ) meeting both the following conditions issued!