Have had control head replaced (switching back and forth between norm and recirc); it's not that. Reader Question: My 2000 Chevrolet ¾ Ton Pickup standard has a problem. Posted by 4 years ago. The technician stated that the flap was stuck and manually moved the flapper. Average failure mileage is 53,500 miles. It can be a safety problem if the defroster is not working or quite uncomfortable if the vents are stuck in the defrost position. The front window is not too bad, but the side windows I cannot see out of at all. I had a Chevy dealer look at it they said nothing looked wrong with it. No matter what setting you put it on it only blows in the front. photo by Matt Wright, 2012 Those little lines on the rear window are made of conductive paint applied directly to the glass, making the defroster compact and durable. I'm over the warranty period. his auto-parts store repair manual is lacking in this department. One morning this fall the defroster didn't work. Q: after pushing defrost , fan vents on top of dash dont blow air My car has 84000 miles. Yet another known problem that I can't get my Chevy dealer to cover. Have had fan speed control replaced (didn't work on speeds 1 and 2); not that. Currently he is only getting air from the defrost vents in the top of the dash. Jun 15 2013, 9:35pm I discovered today that I only receive air through the defrost vents. If your rear window has little wires connecting to the defrost wires on the window, make sure they are connected. How to Repair a Rear Window Defroster: It was a dark and stormy night. Rear defrost/defog stopped working a few weeks ago. The … It seems to work well if we are sitting still. The only issue arises when you go to put it to defrost. I am going to try resetting the batteries (nooo there goes my learned TCM ), and see if that fixes it. 5.3 eco tech engine. Air comes out of all other vents, just not the windshield defroster/dash vents. My car has an automatic transmission. tried to change it to the floor or the dash vents, no deal. 1 Answer. 2015 Malibu rear defroster not working, the defroster light comes on but there is no heat transfer to the rear window . I’ve read that there is blend door reset by pulling out the fuse. The only thing I can offer without more information is to check the fuse to the rear defrost. Rear defroster not working. It sounds like a vacuum issue to me but i am pretty much a shade forest mechanic so i thought i would check in with the experts. 500 miles on the car between yesterday and today. SOURCE: rear defroster of chevy malibu. The owner's manual says nothing in the fuse diagram about a fuse for that particular circuit. I have tried locating the rear defroster tabs, but I can't find them . 2013 Chevy Malibu Front Defrost Not Working. Question is which wire would i install the extra fuse Chevrolet Nov. 15, 2013, 6:47 PM UTC General Motors is recalling nearly 60,000 Chevy Malibu midsize cars to fix window defrosters that may not work and power seat wiring that can catch fire. The 2014 Chevrolet Malibu has 2 problems reported for heat and defrost not working. Close. It doesn’t blow out any air! The rear defroster isn’t the most crucial part of your car — in fact, some vehicles don’t even have them. How do I troubleshoot? A broken or disconnected tab can keep your rear defroster from working. CARS.COM. Air conditioning/heat does not work properly. They are located in the underhood fuse box. Check the blend doors to the vents and see if they move when the switch is turned. Why is my 2008 Chevy Malibu rear defrost not working? … Continue reading "2006 Chevrolet Impala, Rear Window Defroster Does Not Work" Rear defrost dosen't work. Fuse is blown and fuse block melted. The failure recurred multiple times. I wish I could help you more. I have a 1983 Chevy k10 with a 350 engine. Chevrolet Vehicles Affected: In two separate actions, GM is recalling 57,605 model-year 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet Malibu sedans. The amber LED on the push button switch turned on and off as the switch was activated so I turned my focus to the rear window defroster relay and fuses. Hi there. My car has an automatic transmission. But they sure are convenient, especially during the winter, when your windows are more likely to fog up.If yours isn’t working, it can be a safety issue — seeing out the back of the car is a good thing. You can see from the pictures there was a design from the original. I just bought a used 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 ale crew cab. Rear window defogger quit working 10 Answers. How do I troubleshoot? Put approx. Average failure mileage is 83,000 miles. Front Defrost 1 Answer. Now my back window clears after about 30 min of driving but my front vent. Check your connections. You need a defroster to see where you are going. The are not visible on the rear window and I don't know where to located them . Snow has covered the entire car to a depth of several inches. Tsb #pie-0161 NHTSA #10038747. The windshield defroster vents quit blowing air/heat. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. All of this has been done in the past. Name. A/C will blow hot air sometimes and sometimes the blower will only work on front vents. Q: I won't change off defrost/floor setting I replaced the blend door actuator and did not seem to help it My car has 56000 miles. Fuses. Try to remove the snow, and see if it will clear the fog. Archived. You need to see if … 2013 Chevy Malibu Front Defrost Not Working. The vent and heater settings work great but defrost doesn't. Have a 2010 Malibu. I don't think its supposed to clear off snow, only fog or condensation. Defrost on front windshield not working Just had this issue on my 2012 LT. Helpful Leave your answer . There are two of these levers. 2012 Impala Rear defroster / defogger stopped working. 10-16-08 05:54 PM - Post# 1543894 In response to scrambldcj8 For what it's worth, after reading this thread last night, I tried the WD-40. Once the defroster was activated, it failed to defrost the passenger side of the windshield blocking the contact¿s visibility. 2000 Chevrolet ¾ Ton Pickup Defroster Not Working. I have a 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo Ls and my front and rear defrost isn't working. I’ve tried that but with no luck. CHEVROLET CRUZE REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER FUSE LOCATION REPLACEMENT. My rear defroster just quit working. Your car's defroster is needed to keep the inside of the windshield from icing up in cold weather. Once Defrost is selected, the blower motor keeps spinning, but the top vent won't open. Rear defrost/defog stopped working a few weeks ago. All the hot air comes out the normal vents. The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado. Just stopped one day. This 2006 Chevrolet Impala came in with the complaint that the rear window defroster does not work. My defrost doesn't seem to work right it just seems to blow everywhere and not very much at that either. I looked and it was just hanging, completely off. The heat in the car works just fine but when I turn on the defroster, there is no airflow out of the defroster vents. Hello. The 2009 Chevrolet Malibu has 2 problems reported for defrost not working properly. The fuse is good. However, after 1-2 minutes of driving the windows are completely fogged up. 1. It is maybe a millimeter off of where it was originally. It takes a few minutes to clear the snow, and by then the engine has warmed up enough to melt the frost clinging to the inside of the windshield, and has a… '00 LS, 61K miles. Rear window defrost not working on 2012 Chevy Malibu. I changed the fuse 4 the rear defrost but it didn't help. Fan Only Blows Defrost, Won't Change To Floor Or Vent. James P July 16, 2020 5 Views 1 Answer Louis E answered on July 16, 2020 If the 2008 chevy malibu rear defrost is not working check the wires in the defroster. There isn't much room to work with the headrest is in the way. GM is recalling more than 44,000 of the just-refreshed 2014 Chevrolet Malibu in North America -- 42,696 in the USA -- for a software glitch that can cause the window defrosters to not work. The defrost will not blow at the top vents. I had problems with the defroster not working … If not, I'll make a day out of tearing the dash out and tracing leads with a voltmeter. Engine size = 3.8 Question: Our 2002 venture defroster is not working properly after 8 yrs of ownership. Am On 3rd alternator; not that. Had to take out the complete dash, but actuators were all good. The light on the dash comes on. Yes, I had to glue the blade back to the window. Got a new Fuse block but was told to install a seperate 30 amp fuse to help the block not melting if the fuse blows again. My issue is that when I press the front defrost button it just blows through my vents. I hope this is helpful. Looks like a screw in plug 1 of 4. Please leave a good rating. The rear window defogger does not work on my 2008 Chev Impala. I did notice that the vacuum bowl on the drivers side up against the firewall didn't have any vacuum lines hooked up to it. 2012 Impala Rear defroster / defogger stopped working. 1 Answer. Hi all, A friend of mine has a 2001 Chevy 1500. We had to replace the levers that operate the blend doors. defrost dose not work all others work | Find answers to your 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD question from certified mechanics and auto experts. 2010 chevy malibu LT rear high mounted stop lamp works intermittenly and rear defogger not working, checked rear defogger relay have grd or 0.00v on 85 and 86, … heater control dose not work on defrost - 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Chevrolet Malibu 2012 Malibu, automatic 77650 miles.