Course Soup Keyword ketogenic, kid-friendly, low carb, paleo, Whole 30 Prep Time 10 minutes. Cauliflower and Leek Soup. Total Time: 40 minutes. She’s as fiery and beautiful as she was twenty years ago. Ingredients: 4 Tbsp EVOO, Bacon grease, or Avocado Oil (I used bacon grease) 2-3 leeks, white and light green parts only – sliced thin; 1 1/2 tsp. 1 leeks (rinsed and chopped) .5 head cauliflower (chopped) 4 c chicken broth 5 slices bacon .5 tsp sea salt .25 tsp ground black pepper Heat a large pot over medium heat. 600 gm cauliflower (about 1 small), coarsely chopped ; 1 potato, coarsely chopped; 1 leek, coarsely chopped; 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped; 70 gm butter, diced; 50 ml olive oil; 1 tsp coarsely … Stir frequently. But, sometimes a little change and tweak is a good thing especially when the potato is switched out for a hunk of delicious roasted cauliflower. So instead looked around for leek recipes and I adapted a dairy goodness recipe to create Cauliflower Leek and Bacon Casserole! It's cozy, deeply delicious and is perfect for pairing with a sandwich. Liquify with a stick mixer or blender. Leek and potato soup is a classic of the British and Irish kitchen which is no surprise as it is an utterly delicious soup. Leeks are currently in season, and this week I received 6 leeks in my weekly organic fruit and veg box. The best way to wash leeks is to … Add leeks and cook until golden, 4 minutes. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes. You’ll love the creamy texture topped with crispy bacon. Ready in only 45 minutes, it's an ideal go-to … Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add the chicken or vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Side Dish Ideas. Thinking back that far makes me realize that I can’t even begin … Prep Time: 5 minutes. You would never be able to tell that just by looking at her though. Heat the oil with the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the leeks and cauliflower for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Creamy cauliflower leek soup is the perfect starter option or to serve on its own for lunch or a quick weeknight meal. Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the water, cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until they have softened. This cauliflower leek soup has some pretty simple ingredients, nothing complicated at all, but tastes absolutely amazing! Cauliflower, leek and cheddar soup recipe. Method: step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Cauliflower, Leek and Bacon soup . Tip about washing Leeks: Since leeks grow through the dirt, a lot of grit is in between the layers. I've been promising you more savory recipes for a little while now, and I'm finally following through! Add leeks and onion and season with salt and pepper. Let’s Cook! This Cauliflower Leek Soup tastes just like potato leek soup - it's incredibly flavorful and super creamy without ANY dairy needed! Transfer 1/4 cup bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Made using simple, whole food ingredients in the Instant Pot, this recipe is easy to make with little mess. In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. And with our cold Cardiff weather, I figured that it was time to make hearty leek soup. Remove the soup from heat. Yesterday was my grandmother’s 80th birthday. 1. ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste) 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar freshly ground black pepper to taste generous amounts of sriracha, at your discretion. Then substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock. We grew up … Ingredients. Serves: 4 Ready In: Prep 25 Mins - Cook 50 mins. Cauliflower Leek & Bacon Soup (GF) $10.95 Add to cart − + Add to cart A delicate balance of finely pureed cauliflower and vegetables blended with lean middle bacon. So rich and creamy, no one would ever guess it’s dairy-free! Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. 2. Cook until cauliflower is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. To top it off, we've added premium quality parmesan cheese for a beautiful hint of flavour and saltiness. Add chicken broth and roasted cauliflower and garlic. If you’ve tried this Cauliflower and Bacon Soup I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, garlic, and thyme for about 10 minutes. Related soup recipes Sauté for 10 minutes. It's easily made vegan. Day 19: Cauliflower and Leek Soup with Crispy Pancetta; Day 18: Ridiculously Easy Carrot Salad; Day 17: Meatball and Cabbage Soup; Day 16: Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders & Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies; Day 15: Quinoa-Broccolini Salad; Day 14: Spicy Lobster Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing & Smoky “Un-loaded” Potatoes ; Day 13: Pear and Arugula Salad with … Cook Time 10 … This nourishing, hearty and … Pop a comment and a star rating below! Today’s Cream of Leek, Potato and Cauliflower Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives is a delicious example. I really enjoyed the Cauliflower Leek and Bacon Casserole and it was a great way to introduce the boys to leeks for the first time. This delicious Cauliflower Leek Soup with Bacon is gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30, and kid-friendly! Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup on Pinterest; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup on Tumblr; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup via email; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup via browser; Comments. Add the leeks, cauliflower… 4-5 strips of bacon 1 medium onion chopped 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese fresh scallions to garnish Note: This is not a vegetarian recipe. Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes . Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all vegetables are soft. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Ava 2 Comments. Stir in broth and water and bring mixture to a boil. Gluten free; Good source of dietary fibre; High in protein; Contains 4-12 different vegetables; Low in saturated fat ; Heating … BACON LEEK & CAULIFLOWER SOUP. I mean, sure, you can go ahead and just boil the cauliflower, but it … Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Tagged in: Dinner, Main, Easy. Cream of Leek, Potato and Cauliflower Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives. Leeks are pretty awesome too. Place bacon in a … Great for busy weeknights. I like leeks either roasted, fried, or in soups. With one of my all-time FAVORITES, no less. Then, there’s roasted cauliflower. 27 June 2017. Cauliflower and cheese are a perfect match, and this soup is no exception - serve it with grilled cheese on toast for an extra flavour boost. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the leek, garlic, diced bacon and caraway seeds for 3-4 minutes over a low heat until soft and fragrant. I also had a head of cauliflower that I needed to use up, so cauliflower leek soup it is! 2 Add the cauliflower and water or stock, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. Yield: 4 . Spoon up a little comfort with our cauliflower and leek soup made with crispy bacon. Yum. Reduce heat and simmer about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. The weather also dictates for a good read and the book I just … This Cauliflower Leek Soup has become one of my family’s favorites. Add the onion, stock and chopped rosemary, and heat until simmering. of minced garlic; 1 head organic cauliflower, broken into florets Cauliflower, leek & bacon soup Preparation 25 mins | Cooking 50 mins | Serves 4-6 1 tbs olive oil 250g short-cut bacon rashers, thinly sliced 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced ½ medium cauliflower*, trimmed and cut into small florets 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped 6 cups chicken stock Grated reduced fat tasty cheese, to serve *you’ll need about 600g cauliflower florets step 1 Heat oil … Cauliflower and Bacon Soup. Remove the soup from heat. 5 slices bacon 2 large leeks, chopped and thoroughly cleaned 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped 3 large shallots, minced 4 cups chicken stock 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley ( or more to taste) 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste) 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar freshly ground black pepper to taste generous amounts of sriracha, preferably homemade or from … You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes. Add leeks to remaining bacon in pan and cook, stirring … Cauliflower Potato and Leek Soup- all you need is 8 ingredients to make this comforting soup. 2. Soup weather is officially here!. Made in just 30 minutes, this Paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy. This cauliflower and leek soup is a light and healthy soup recipe that is simple to prepare and ready in only 40 minutes! Below are some of my “Shop the Blog” recommendations for this recipe, for more fun foodie items or curated kitchen products please visit my shop! The days have been cold, wet and grey and since we were relying too much on this cheesy bowl of comfort, I decided to experiment with more soups this season.Like this super creamy and delicious Potato, Cauliflower and Leek Soup generously garnished with crispy bacon and shallots.. Now add the leeks to the bacon in your saucepan. What gives it an awesome flavour? Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup. Ingredients. Add bacon, cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. In a saucepan fry the leek gently in the butter for 4 minutes with a lid on. So, if it's cold outside, this is the most irresistible way to keep your belly warm. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasiaonally, 4- 5 minutes until just crisp. A fast and easy delicious transitional creamed … 13 Comments ; Post a comment ; mom112023 said; 07 May 2017 5:39 pm; Yes, a very warming soup. Then …