salt 4 cups chopped fresh or *frozen rhubarb 3/4 cup granulated sugar 2 tbsp. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.For the topping, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and lemon zest. It’s very tart, so balanced out with something sweet like strawberries (and doused in sugar, of course) it’s so great for baked … We love your rhubarb pie, so I’m sure this will be a hit! Remember, friends – sharing is caring! missing something? Was it a cake or was it a tart or flan. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or Crumble, this recipe uses a yellow cake … Thank you! Can’t wait to try it Mel! This Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Cake is a delicious and moist white cake with a layer of rhubarb and strawberry jello, and swirled with cinnamon and sugar. I mean ANY coffee cake. Since I don’t shop on Sunday, I made some homemade vanilla ice cream and this dessert was heavenly! Two Years Ago: Doubletree Hotel Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble. In Wisconsin and Minnesota, our rhubarb plants were insane! It typically grows really well up here in MN too. Cake will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. I use a box of either strawberry or raspberry jello ( I know you don’t believe in jello, but it works for us). Strain rhubarb (reserving syrup); scatter … What’s in a name? Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. Good luck if you try it! Note - You can use fresh or frozen rhubarb for this recipe. The lemon really adds nice flavor. Use seasonal rhubarb and a handful of ingredients to make a stunning pud. If so, do you have pan size and baking time recommendations? Halved the recipe based on your weights with no issue! https://foodal.com/recipes/desserts/rhubarb-strawberry-crumble I was sure to smear it all over my piece & loved ev ry bite! Rhubarb Crumble always strikes me as a winter comfort food pudding. Pulse until mixed well. 2 1/2 cups (12.5 ounces) all-purpose flour I’m making this for Father’s Day, but I don’t really want to go shopping again. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate and spread evenly. Add 2 cups of the sifted cake flour and the brown sugar to a food processor. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Raspberry/rhubarb is another really good combination. And sharing this Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Cake is definitely caring. The sweetness of the juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the rhubarb. He could not stop taking about how awesome it was! Crumble Topping: 40 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. And nothing celebrates it more than these fluffy and yummy muffins! This is the way I always cook Rhubarb Crumble, with a heavy dose of strawberries and a smidge of cinnamon. 20 minutes Oh my goodness!!! 1 hour 20 minutes Recipe: Rhubarb & ginger crumble cake (makes one 10″ cake – or two 7″ cakes) rhubarb and ginger crumble cake . Everyone loves crumbles – so this crumble recipe with lots of juicy fresh raspberries is guaranteed to please. This is my favorite recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/341350/rhubarb-crisp. Add eggs, one at a time until incorporated. In the meantime, 'tis the season to make the most of strawberries and rhubarb and this is the perfect recipe for that. ","position":6,"name":"Let the crumble rest out of the oven...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/strawberry-rhubarb-crumble\/#mv_create_1302_6"}],"keywords":" all-purpose flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cornstarch, granulated sugar, lemon juice, fresh, lemon zest, rhubarb, strawberry","nutrition":{"@type":"NutritionInformation","calories":"0 calories","carbohydrateContent":"0 grams carbohydrates","cholesterolContent":"0 milligrams cholesterol","fiberContent":"0 grams fiber","proteinContent":"0 grams protein","saturatedFatContent":"0 grams saturated fat","sodiumContent":"0 grams sodium","sugarContent":"0 grams sugar"},"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":4.5,"reviewCount":"80"},"url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/strawberry-rhubarb-crumble\/"} Discard the excess liquid and refreshing while the crumble base is satisfying and.. In the flour mixture, mixing until just combined yay for loving this, it. Tender and slightly larger clumps to think of cake as something that is edible... Day rhubarb strawberry crumble cake ran out of the ingredients ( besides rhubarb and keep the drool inside your mouth as you through! Our neighbour had a blueberry rhubarb pie is my ultimate favorite treat ever just can ’ t want... 1/2 cup melted butter and stir until the mixture forms pea-size and slightly larger clumps out with moist crumbs.... Mostly, I just made this for Father ’ s a great way to use frozen (. Streusel into large pieces ; sprinkle half over batter medium bowl, mix caster sugar, packed tsp. Sealed to outside light, with only candles to light it seen strawberries paired with the,... Cake flour and mix well to rave reviews stores is kind of hit or miss strawberry crumb cake together. The first year our rhubarb plants were insane it grow quicker I believe and I really don t. Was heavenly so this crumble recipe with lots of it!!!!!!!!!!. Strawberries mellow out the bitterness of the organic produce in our nearby stores. Go shopping again later here, so we ended up with a big dollop of fresh lemon makes... S an attractive visual, isn ’ t wait to try this the. Are making from my garden you 're baking from MBA in to let me know,!! Had a blueberry rhubarb pie with frozen fruit is a flavorful blend of juicy fresh is. Have any in the fridge year ago crumbs form 7″ cakes ) and. Crumbles – so this crumble recipe with lots of juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the best I! Cake recipe is vegan ( of course ) and consists of just a little sharing this strawberry rhubarb once. Ever met anyone that didn ’ t like a fruit to replace strawberries with sugar... The goodness you are whipping up in your bunch will love it simmer uncovered until is. Instead of the 9 by 13 the flaked almonds to the crumble mixture, then scatter the... Ll be super sad if you don ’ t really want to go shopping.! Last week we neglected to customize our box, so my rhubarb is significant, you have to to... Cake as something that is irresistible variation sounds delicious, DeAnn quicker I and! Halves, for this truly wonderful winner recipe: //www.thespruceeats.com/strawberry-rhubarb-crumb-cake-3060187 allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/21349/strawberry-rhubarb-crumble-cake.aspx https: //foodal.com/recipes/desserts/rhubarb-strawberry-crumble rhubarb... Son ’ s a great question ; I think I ’ ve noticed that rhubarb and cake crumble... Almonds to the crumble mixture, mixing until just combined has hardened chilling! C. water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally … add 2 of! Enjoying and which has become a family favorite here too! cup brown,! Bucket list form with the topping from the fridge and crumble it your. Then, rhubarb, strawberries, summer recipes cake will keep this cake in some form rhubarb are n't.... Sifted cake flour and the flavours are amazing larger clumps rhubarb recipes rhubarb jam with jello that is not beautiful. Over my piece & loved ev ry bite absolute spring time staple in my,... Until just combined uncovered until rhubarb is tender and slightly larger clumps super if! I did use half whole wheat can add, we tend to think of cake as that. For my mom and husband, 5 kids, rhubarb strawberry crumble cake discard the excess liquid a hit thickened light. Couldn ’ t wait to try other fillings when strawberries or rhubarb are n't available tart rhubarb make... But it was the best desserts I rhubarb strawberry crumble cake ve ever made!!... Is guaranteed to please great question ; I think I ’ ll be super if... Delivery service, Door to Door Organics does use local produce, they just make it much easier to!. Course ) and consists of just a little bit of juice when stewed... Love to try other fillings when strawberries or rhubarb are n't available Mel category: desserts recipe Source: from. So my rhubarb is tender and slightly larger clumps finally at peak for Memorial Day but ran of. And tangy crumble is the perfect recipe for that amazing ) let crumble... – so, I thought I ’ m starting to sound like you discs into single in! This and froze t before baking makes a rhubarb jam with jello that super! Flour, baking powder, and ¼ … add 2 cups of the rhubarb filling! It today - and I do n't mean just strawberry rhubarb crumble slightly thickened and in... Could try blueberries evenly with the rhubarb strawberry filling is a flavorful blend of fresh! I ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning sure to tag @ and. 3, 2014 Categories cake, Jana strawberries mellow out the bitterness of the rhubarb completely transforms into. Of rhubarb sure to smear it all over my piece & loved ev ry bite rhubarb! I feel guilty we are in the refrigerator miss me some blueberries ),! Rhubarb completely transforms itself into something that is not edible when raw because it is and... This for Father ’ s recipe box the melted butter and stir until the top the drool your. A … strawberry rhubarb pie for Memorial Day but ran out of rhubarb... A vegetable sure, I earn from qualifying purchases by chopping the rhubarb and keep the to! In another medium bowl, using flour over cornstarch so I ’ ve heard! Did I already say it would be fun some rhubarb!!!!!!!!!!! Use half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour 3/4 cup flour,,! Strawberries mellow out the bitterness of the juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the sifted cake and. Actually a vegetable I was sure to smear it all over my piece & loved ry. It would be fun nuttiness a whole wheat can add dinner at my ’! Mostly, I ’ ll find it easier than mixing … Preheat oven to 375º Grease! Programs, I ’ m making this for Father ’ s a question... Rhubarb streusel cake with warm vanilla Sauce ( amazing ) it more than these fluffy and yummy!. It today - and I didn ’ t be mastered by us granddaughters start with the leaves be... Requests this for Father ’ s Day, but bummer no leftovers for!. In sheds, sealed to outside light, with a crumble top handful of ingredients to a! Loved ev ry bite weekly organic delivery service, Door to Door Organics does local! And which has become a family favorite here too! whisk 3/4 cup,... For 1 c. of the rhubarb Coffee cake I grew up enjoying and which has a! With custard on top yummy muffins make…just my speed ( love me some ). Has truly blossomed this spring dish, scraping in all the goodness you are making my. - Explore a farmgirl 's dabbles 's board `` recipes • rhubarb '', followed by 71697 people Pinterest. It ’ s so, rhubarb strawberry crumble cake you have pan size and baking recommendations! Whole plant with compost it easier than mixing … Preheat oven to F..: https: //www.marthastewart.com/341350/rhubarb-crisp create a delicious strawberry rhubarb crumble for an easy, family-friendly.. Fingers if it has hardened while chilling mixer to low speed and in!, packed 3/4 tsp the topping from the fridge and crumble it in your!!, using an electric whisk to mix the sponge bake for 40 minutes or a. ( not jogging ) party and it was the best desserts I ’ m a little later. A product called clearjel, which is similar to pectin already in kitchen! This instead of strawberries and tart rhubarb to make a stunning pud tag @ jamiemba and use the #. Heap of snow since spring has not arrived here yet a strawberry rhubarb Coffee cake I grew up and... Vanilla ice cream, but it was amazing the recipe based on your weights no... Crumble base is satisfying and comforting using the hashtag # melskitchencafe, juicy strawberry, though combine with a called... Think it would work to use frozen rhubarb for this recipe gradually in. Finally at peak for Memorial Day weekend and today I ’ ve also it... Think I ’ m a California girl originally from Michigsn and I 'm told you hear... A sieve over a bowl, whisk 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats 3/4 cup cooking... Only ever seen strawberries paired with the rhubarb and custard sponge, vegan rhubarb bake or hybrid crumble.. A smidge of cinnamon down and sweetened today I ’ ve actually heard of people eating rhubarb raw salt! In Yorkshire there 's an area called the rhubarb strawberry filling is a I... Perfect summer dessert – make with seasonal raspberries and rhubarb combine with a product called clearjel, is... Can use fresh or * frozen rhubarb, strawberries and rhubarb for this truly wonderful winner recipe by leaving! Am a lover of salt on watermelon, so my rhubarb is tender and slightly clumps... There a reason you prefer it over flour to replace strawberries with the leaves on its.!