It is a safe, cheap and pain-free alternative to botox. “It packs the perfect triple threat against damage: L-ascorbic acid (15%), vitamin E, and ferulic acid,” says Rabach. Vitamin E stabilizes vitamin C for maximum skin protection. A single pump is like a power nap for your skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid for hydration and water-soluble niacinamide (one of the best active ingredients for refining the appearance of pores and reducing fine lines and wrinkles). To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. This vitamin C Serum by CeraVe visibly brightens to even out your skin tone and help replenish your skin’s moisture barrier. However, vitamin C for retinol users and those who exfoliate regularly can be tricky since the skin may feel sensitive due to a fragile skin barrier. Even the best … You should always wear sunscreen over vitamin C since the ingredient can make your skin more susceptible to the sun. This paraben- and fragrance-free option contains marula and maracuja oils help restore your skin’s natural moisture. “And you can hold a week’s supply in your palm.”, Another Glamour Beauty Award winner, this serum took home the W for best clean vitamin C serum, and once you try it, you’ll instantly get why. Obagi won Rabach over with its 20% L-ascorbic, actives-packed formulation, which is well worth the price. Howe likes that the lightweight formula doesn’t just deliver a pretty finish but also contains a generous dose of vitamin C. Apply it all over like a lotion—or layer it on shoulders (and cheekbones) as a highlighter. “It’s an amazing facial serum packed with hyaluronic acid and vitamin E,” she says. 3. Zeichner also emphasizes the low concentration of vitamin C; at 10%, it’s still effective but mild enough to be an ideal choice for those with sensitive skin. Best for Acne-Prone Skin: Sunday Riley C.E.O. But it does come with one of the most effective brightening formulas our senior beauty editor, Lindsay Schallon, has ever tried. “You should look for serums that contain 10% to 20% vitamin C,” says dermatologist and cofounder of New York City practice LM Medical, Morgan Rabach, M.D. c. Ensure that it has a ph that ranges between 2.0 to 3.5. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum Buy on Sephora Buy on Nordstrom Buy on Dermstore While most vitamin c serums contain l-ascorbic acid, this one is made with the gold standard tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, which is a stable, oil-soluble form of vitamin C. Albeit expensive, we highly suggest adding this mighty vitamin C serum to your lineup if you … Howe and Rabach both recommend this top-selling vitamin C serum, which has earned countless accolades from Glamour readers. All our judges were obsessed, but our contributor Deanna Pai puts it best: “I’m very prone to hyperpigmentation—I even get dark spots after a mosquito bite heals—so I’m always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in brightening. “The hyaluronic acid in the serum hydrates and minimizes potential irritation.” Bonus: It’s also safe for sensitive skin types. Instead, using antioxidants such as a vitamin C serum for rosacea is a much wiser decision. It’s a favorite among beauty editors for a reason: it helps retexturize your skin while reducing the look of fine lines and discoloration. On both counts, this one breaks the mold, says Schallon. ”It won’t weigh down your skin or cause breakouts.”. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Instead, YEOUTH Hyaluronic Acid Plus Vitamin C Tripeptide-31 Serum will moisturize your skin and make it look younger by removing all signs of aging from face and neck with daily use. Beauty associate Bella Cacciatore calls this her “do-it-all serum” thanks to its formula that gently exfoliations as well as tackles dark spots and discoloration—a key combination for brightening and resurfacing acne scars. “I used to have really painful cystic acne (thank you, Accutane! The smell is pleasant—citrusy, with a slight coppery tang from the ferulic acid—and the texture goes on like water and dries to a soft finish. CeraVe Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum. 17 Body Oils That’ll Cure Your Reptilian Skin, L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Derm Intensives Vitamin C Face Serum, Glossier Super Glow Vitamin C + Magnesium Serum, Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Corrector, Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum, Ghost Democracy Lightbulb Vitamin C Serum, Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum, PCA Skin C&E Advanced With Hexylresorcinol and Silymarin, Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules, Dermalogica Biolumin-C Vitamin C Eye Serum, Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Vitamin C Power Serum, Dermadoctor Kakadu C 20% Vitamin C Serum With Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E, Chanel CC Cream Super Active Correction Complete Sunscreen SPF 50.