The engine in your 2006 Toyota RAV4 should be running when you perform a transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate. Get specific recommendations for service about fluid type and capacity of your Toyota automatic transmission. Toyota left an opening where the drain plug is, but its barely bigger than the bolt it self. We have a massive and growing video library, but we don't have everything...yet. 2001 Rav4 transmission fluid capacity. The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. Get Yours Today! VehicleHistory.com began because we believe everyone deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle. Then Park on level/flat ground Optional Part There is a skid plate/cover that covers the bottom portion of the engine and transmission. You want the fluid and tranny warm to make it easier for the drain bolt to come out and fluid to flow. 1 Piece. Complete video instructions to add transmission fluid to a 2006 Toyota RAV4 2.4L 4 Cyl.. Use a funnel and add 3.5 quarts of the new transmission fluid through the dipstick tube. We have the best products at the right price. The average price of a 2006 Toyota RAV4 transmission fluid change can vary depending on location. Post your question and let the Vehicle History user community help you out with the right answer. Using a properly formulated transmission fluid for your Toyota RAV4 can protect your vehicle from costly problems down the road. The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now. Get Yours Today! Home / Fluid for transmission / Toyota / RAV4. © 2020 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Learn About Us. 80k miles, so I figure it is a good time to do some serious tune-ups. Name. research process is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open, 3. New bulbs are much brighter too. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. 4 Speed Automatic Transaxle Gear ratios for this transmission. 1. How Much Do You Need. Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. ... Transmission-fluid-temperature warning: S: Standard Specs and Dimensions. All Rights Reserved. I'm using Pennzoil dexron III transmission fluid right now and will use the Toyota type4 fluid again after 100miles. Engine Capacity/Filter Oil Change Intervals; RAV4 2.4 16V 2WD (CAN) (ACA38) (2006 – 2008) 2AZ-FE: 4.3 l 4.54 US Quarts / Filter: 0.2 l 0.21 US Quarts Order your parts online or pick them up in-store at your local Advance Auto Parts. This video shows you how to add transmission fluid to your 2006 Toyota RAV4. It only does it when you are accelerating at a decent speed, driving very slowly it doesn't do it. We have the best products at the right price. Compare 2006 Toyota RAV4 Automatic Transmission Fluid brands. TOYOTA > 2006 > RAV4 > 2.4L L4 > Transmission-Automatic > Transmission Fluid. Perfect to improve your vehicle’s performance Made from high-strength materials for exceptional durability Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 4 of 4 Posts. The video above shows where the transmission fluid dipstick is located in your RAV4 and how to check the transmission fluid level. S ... replaced the oil filter and the gasket. Toyota RAV4 2.4L / 3.5L Automatic Transmission 2006, ECO Plus™ Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart by Eneos®. I want to start with a transmission fluid exchange as the fluid is dark brown. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Showing the 2006 Toyota RAV4 Base Front-wheel Drive. My 07 RAV4 auto has approx. Find specifications for every 2006 Toyota RAV4: gas mileage, engine, performance, warranty, equipment and more. 2006 Toyota RAV4 Transmission Fluid. Dexron . This Service is not affiliated with the various automotive companies featured therein. See body style, engine info and more specs. Other Toyota models. When and how to check fluid level (engine should be running) 1) Get the transmission warm, drive around some. Over the years, the original specification was supplanted by Type T-II, Type T-IV, and the WS fluid, which is the latest fluid. To see how frequently 2006 Toyota RAV4 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. 15% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online Ship-To-Home Items Only. Recommended Type of Transmission Oil for Toyota RAV4. Table with information about every model. Jun 05, 2020 - By John Grisham * eBook Checking Transmission Fluid 2006 Rav4 * transmission fluid level check toyota rav4 2006 2012 1 getting started when adding transmission fluid to your rav4 be sure to add it slowly as it will fill up quickly and is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill AMSOIL transmission fluids offer the best protection for your RAV4, even in the most severe driving conditions. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair, 2. What's the 2006 Toyota RAV4 transmission fluid capacity? Before adding transmission fluid, make sure that your engine was running when you checked the fluid level. Follow these steps to add transmission fluid in a 2006 Toyota RAV4 2.4L 4 Cyl.. Welcome to your best source of information for automotive and light truck oil and fluid capacities. Helpful 2 Leave your answer . Copyright © 2010 - 2020 Flatsix, LLC. Avoid tickets and accidents with both working headlights! Check prices & reviews on aftermarket & stock parts for your 2006 RAV4 Automatic Transmission Fluid. The video displayed may not look exactly like your car, but may be relevant enough for you to get a good idea how to do it. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2006 Toyota RAV4 Automatic Transmission from AutoZone. Exterior height: 66.3" Towing capacity… Add Fluid - Determine correct fluid type and add fluid, 5. Simplifying the 2006–2012 RAV4 (V6 AWD) 2004-2008 Lexus RX330 AWD; U2xx U240E. Toyota RAV4 2.4L / 3.5L Automatic Transmission U140F Transmission 2006, Automatic Transmission Torque Converter by Dacco®. RAV4 1.8 16V VVT-i (2000 – 2002) 1ZZ-FE: 3.7 / 0.2: 15 000 km/ 12 months: RAV4 1.8 16V VVT-i (2002 – 2003) 1ZZ-FE: 3.7 / 0.2: 15 000 km/ 12 months: RAV4 1.8 16V VVT-i (2003 – 2006) Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed. It looks to me like any other automatic transmission fluid change, i.e. What's the 2010 Toyota RAV4 transmission fluid capacity? When adding transmission fluid to your RAV4, be sure to add it slowly as the transmission fluid capacity is reached quickly and it is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill.If you are having problems with the transmission in your RAV4, such as clunky shifting or hesitation, check the fluid level first - it is amazing how many drivers pay thousands of dollars for transmission work when a half quart of transmission fluid would have fixed the problem. Dolores D July 16, 2020 185 Views 1 Answer Julio J answered on July 16, 2020 The 2010 toyota rav4 transmission fluid capacity is 4.5 quarts. Because you easily select your car’s engine oil here I mentioned Oil Grade.Let’s plan service schedule with us here you will get Oil Change Intervals and Service Cost. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Toyota has been developed sophisticated transmissions through years and it is critical that you add the exact type of transmission fluid stipulated by your owner's manual (typically in the back of the manual in a section titled Fluid Capacities.) - Additional information on adding trans. Recommended Type of Transmission Oil for Toyota Rav 4. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. drop the pan, pull the filter (I assume there is one in there) out and add fluid through the dip stick tube. ACDELCO {#88865549} Professional; 1 Quart; Dexron VI; Full Synthetic . Remove Dipstick - Access point for transmission fluid, 4. Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF) The original Toyota Type-T transmission fluid was not introduced until 1988. Transmission Fluid Additive. Between the shift the engine revs up almost 1000 rpm then the transmission slams into gear. Quantity: 1 Bottle. Get the most useful specifications data and other technical specs for the 2006 Toyota RAV4 4-Door Base 4-cyl. They also slightly alter the styling and sell the same car by two different names (amongst other tricks to help offset development costs). Simply click on the Fluid Capacity Lookup button below, and then follow the directions to prepare a complete and printable list of filters and fluid capacities for your vehicle. The 2006 toyota rav4 has a transmission fluid capacity of 8.6 quarts. What are the most popular Automatic Transmission Fluid products for the Toyota RAV4? I have a 2006 Toyota RAV4, the transmission has been slipping very badly during the 2-3 shift. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. I'm wondering what is the fluid capacity for this transmission? 2008 Toyota Rav4 Transmission Fluid Change/Service - YouTube Mary I July 16, 2020 32 Views 1 Answer Leslie A answered on July 16, 2020 The 2006 toyota rav4 has a transmission fluid capacity … Home / Fluid for transmission / Toyota / Rav 4. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. Volume: 1 Quart. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2006 Toyota RAV4 Engine Oil from AutoZone. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. Our most popular Automatic Transmission Fluid products for the Toyota RAV4 are: Castrol Transmax ATF DEXRON®-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid (1 Quart) On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em! VehicleHistory.com My daughter's 98 all wheel (or 4 wheel) drive RAV4 is due for service. This link also has a vintage vehicle lookup, along with a power sports oil and filter guide. Get a free detailed estimate for a transmission fluid change in your area from KBB.com Does anyone have detailed instructions on changing the transmission fluid on my 2008 Rav4, 2.4L, 4 cylinder CVT Transmission . fluid. More Info. The official capacity is 3.7 quarts (3.5 L) Reinstall plastic covers on the side wheel well and underneath the vehicle Detailed car specs: 2006 Toyota RAV4. Transmission Fluid Conditioner. Model: Toyota RAV4, A2 (2000 – 2006) Engine Types & Engine Oil Capacity Today I am writing about Toyota RAV4 Engine Oil Capacity.Do you know which engine oil type is required for your car’s engine? 2006 Toyota RAV4 Transmission Problems. How Much Do You Need. Replace Dipstick - Put the dipstick / cap back in place, 6. Car companies often use the same engines in different cars. If the transmission fluid level on your RAV4 is low, you need to add fluid through the dipstick tube. In this video, 1A Auto shows how to check the transmission fluid level. I purchased 4 gallons of Valvoline max-life, which says it is WS compatible.