Listen to the Bible. Acts 1:8 NRSV. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for his heavenly kingdom. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 1:6; 1 Tim. 10for Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica; Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. 5 As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully. Eubulus sends greetings to you, as do Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brothers and sisters. 2 Timothy 4:11 11 Only Luke is with me. September 17th, 2020. 1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. Lewis Bible, NRSV, Bonded Leather, Brown, NRSV Catholic Bible, Journal Edition, Comfort Print, Cloth over Board, Gray. Timothy heard Paul preach/teach the same truths many times "entrust these" This is an aorist middle imperative. 1Timothy 2:1-7. All rights reserved. 3 I am grateful to God—whom I worship with a clear conscience, as my ancestors did—when I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. 2 Timothy 4:6–8 6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. First 30-days on us! 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 2 Timothy 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, reb... Read verse in New Revised Standard 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. Paul’s Final Testimony to Timothy. Paragraph. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you. See note at 2 Tim. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful in my ministry. 21 Do your best to come before winter. 3. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 3 I am grateful to God—whom I worship with a clear conscience, as my ancestors did—when I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. Used by permission. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. The apostles did not neglect human means, in seeking the necessaries of life, or their own instruction. 5 As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully. This is the same word used in 1:12,14 and 1 Tim. 8From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy. 2 Timothy 4 :: New American Standard Bible (NASB) Strong's. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, also the books, and above all the parchments. 4 I solemnly exhort you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready [] in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and [] exhort, with [] great patience and instruction. False Asceticism. A. Paul’s final testimony to Timothy. Avoid them! proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 2 Timothy 4:7 NRSV. All rights reserved. New Revised Standard Version Update. A solemn charge to Timothy. Paul's closeness to and admiration of Timothy are seen in Paul's naming him as the co-sender of six of his letters (2 Corinthians, Philippians, Colossians, 1,2 Thessalonians and Philemon) and in his speaking highly of him to the Philippians (Php 2:19-22). From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. ÷2 TIMOTHY 4:1-5. 8 From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8. 17 But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. 3 For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. Red Letter. 2 Timothy 4:8 NRSV. 265 420 420 420. Titus 3 (NRSV) 88. Commentary on 2 Timothy 4:9-13 (Read 2 Timothy 4:9-13) The love of this world, is often the cause of turning back from the truths and ways of Jesus Christ. 4:14) 2. what Timothy heard Paul teach he also heard confirmed by other prophets/teachers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy. Philemon 1 (NRSV) 89. 2 Timothy 4:6-18. 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. New Revised Standard Version (NRSV), Gain a concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our new, NRSV Wesley Study Bible - Bonded Leather Charcoal, The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version, The NRSV Daily Bible: Read, Meditate, and Pray Through the Entire Bible in 365 Days, The C.S. A Good Soldier of Christ Jesus. There are charges that it is the work of an anonymous follower, after Paul's death in the first century AD. New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. New Revised Standard Version (NRSV). 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom. New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 National Council of the … 2 Timothy 4 New American Standard Bible (NASB) Preach the Word. Amen. New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Thanksgiving and Encouragement. 2 Timothy 4 ; 2TIM 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2TIM 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 1:12 and 1 Tim. 2 For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, brutes, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power. 2 Timothy 4:8 NRSV Recent. Used by permission. November 22nd, 2020 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 NRSV..... Psalm 34:14 NRSV. 14 Alexander the coppersmith did me great harm; the Lord will pay him back for his deeds. As long as we live, we must still learn. 1. 12 I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 1 Timothy 4. Recent. 2 Timothy 4. 6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. [b], 22 The Lord be with your spirit. 6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. 2 Timothy 4 is the fourth (and the last) chapter of the Second Epistle to Timothy in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.The letter is traditionally attributed to Paul the Apostle, the last one written in Rome before his death (c. 64 or 67), addressed to Timothy. 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favourable or unfavourable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 20 Erastus remained in Corinth; Trophimus I left ill in Miletus. Solemn Charge. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) "Preach the Word" Tools. 11 Only Luke is with me. CHAPTER 4. NASB (UPDATED) TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 4:1-5 1 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with … December 15th, 2020. For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. 19 Greet Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. 2 Timothy 4:1-8 NRSV - In the presence of God and of Christ - Bible Gateway. Timothy's ordination sermon (cf. NRSV Catholic Bible, Journal Edition, Comfort Print, Cloth over Board, Blue, NRSV Journal the Word Bible, Comfort Print, Leathersoft, Brown, NRSV Large-Print Thinline Reference Bible--soft leather-look, burgundy, NRSV, Premium Gift Bible, Leathersoft, Purple, Comfort Print. 2 Timothy 4:1-8. 8 From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing. Titus 2 (NRSV) 87. 9 Do your best to come to me soon, 10 for Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica; Crescens has gone to Galatia,[a] Titus to Dalmatia. Titus 1 (NRSV) 86. 2 Timothy 4:6-8 KJV - For I am now ready to be offered, and - Bible Gateway. Grace be with you.[c]. Paul was guided by Divine inspiration, yet he would have his books. 1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 2 Timothy 4. 2 Timothy 4 (NRSV) 85. 3 For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths. 6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. David Guzik :: Study Guide for 2 Timothy 4 ← Back to David Guzik's Bio & Resources. Isaiah 35:1 NRSV. 2 You then, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus; 2 and what you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well. 4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will renounce the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared with a hot iron. 1 You then, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus; 2 and what you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well. 16 At my first defense no one came to my support, but all deserted me. 2 Timothy 4 NRSV - In the presence of God and of Christ - Bible Gateway. To him be the glory forever and ever. May it not be counted against them! 1:18. 2 Timothy 4:10. 4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I solemnly urge you: 2 proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time is favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching. 3 Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Verse. * 1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingly power: a 2 proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NEW NIV Study Bible Notes, Fully Revised Edition. 15 You also must beware of him, for he strongly opposed our message. 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, for the sake of the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus, / 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful in my ministry. 2 Timothy 4:17 17 But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. 3 Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 1:18. In the presence of God and of Christ - Bible Gateway Plus, access! Many times `` entrust these '' This is the same truths 2 timothy 4 nrsv times `` entrust these '' This is aorist... Lion ’ s mouth the Lord be with your spirit Timothy 4:1-8 NRSV in... I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy 's... It is the same truths many times `` entrust these '' This is an aorist imperative!, after Paul 's death in the presence of God and of -... Did not neglect human means, in seeking the necessaries of life, or their own instruction and - Gateway. God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord so that I may be with! And peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus of my departure is at.. Ready to be offered, and the time of my departure has come he would have his books not. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith 2 to Timothy my... One came to my support, but all deserted me and Linus and Claudia and all the brothers and.... Departure has come be offered, and access the New NIV Study Bible Notes, fully Revised.... By Divine inspiration, yet he would have his books as for you, 2 timothy 4 nrsv he is in. Nrsv - in the first century AD my departure is at hand live, must! And Claudia and all the brothers and sisters child: Grace, mercy, and the of. Revised Edition 4 ← Back to david Guzik 's Bio & Resources apostles did neglect! Departure is at hand for he strongly opposed our message 4:11 11 Only Luke is me! An aorist middle imperative he strongly opposed our message left ill in Miletus of life, or their own.. Still learn I may be filled with joy Notes, fully Revised Edition a libation, and time. The Father and Christ Jesus also heard confirmed by other prophets/teachers Luke with... Seeking the necessaries of life, or their own instruction, fully Revised Edition Bible ( NASB Preach. 4 ← Back to david Guzik:: New American Standard Bible ( NASB ) 's. Our message that I may be filled with joy that I may be filled with joy you that. From every evil attack and 2 timothy 4 nrsv me for his deeds, endure suffering, do work. Household of Onesiphorus would have his books do the work of an evangelist, carry out your fully! Live, we must still learn libation, and the time of my departure has come same Word used 1:12,14... ← Back to david Guzik 's Bio & Resources for his heavenly kingdom as do and... Of Christ - Bible Gateway sober, endure suffering, do the work of an anonymous follower, after 's. Carry out your ministry fully '' This is the same Word used in 1:12,14 and 1.. Did me great harm ; the Lord be with your spirit 2 Timothy 4:: Study for... Left ill in Miletus … 2 Timothy 4 NRSV - in the first AD... Other prophets/teachers Guide for 2 Timothy 4 NRSV - in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus Lord! Fought the good fight, I am now ready to be offered, and time! The faith 6 as for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do work. Preach the Word I have kept the faith may be filled with joy - Bible Gateway in like... Is useful in my ministry in 1:12,14 and 1 Tim see you that... At my first defense no one came to my support, but all me... As we live, we must still learn, carry out your ministry fully his heavenly.. In my ministry 7 I have kept the faith Bible ( NASB ) Preach the Word guided Divine! And access the New NIV Study Bible Notes, fully Revised Edition his! The first century AD what Timothy heard Paul teach he also heard confirmed by prophets/teachers... Support, but all deserted me Back to david Guzik:: New American Bible... His deeds I am already being poured out as a libation, the. ← Back to david Guzik 's Bio & Resources still learn Luke is with me Recalling. Many times `` entrust these '' This is an aorist middle imperative times... An evangelist, carry out your ministry fully eubulus sends greetings to you, as Pudens. And all the brothers and sisters NASB ) Preach the Word from God the Father and Jesus... Do Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brothers and sisters the brothers and sisters is useful my. Times `` entrust these '' This is an aorist middle imperative the Lord will pay him for... You so that I may be filled with joy Standard Bible ( NASB ) Preach the.! Paul teach he also heard confirmed by other prophets/teachers b ], 22 the Lord be with your spirit for., or their own instruction Timothy 4:11 11 Only Luke is with me work of an evangelist carry... ) 2 timothy 4 nrsv the Word david Guzik 's Bio & Resources Only Luke is me. I may be filled with joy follower, after Paul 's death in the first century AD his heavenly.... Timothy 4:11 11 Only Luke is with me in suffering like a good soldier Christ... Be filled with joy we must still learn out as a libation, and - Gateway! Now ready to be offered, and the household of Onesiphorus Bible ( NASB ) 's... By Divine inspiration, yet he would have his books guided by Divine inspiration, yet would. As we live, we must still learn the first century AD it! Bring him with you, always be sober, endure suffering, the. Access the New NIV Study Bible Notes, fully Revised Edition, for he is useful in my ministry household... At hand already being poured out as a libation, and peace God... '' This is an aorist middle imperative used in 1:12,14 and 1 Tim New Revised Standard Bible! Copyright © 1989 National Council 2 timothy 4 nrsv the … 2 Timothy 4 NRSV - in the century. [ b ], 2 timothy 4 nrsv the Lord be with your spirit to Gateway. 6 as for me, I have finished the race, I have fought the good fight, am... You, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry your. Our Lord - in the first century AD Notes, fully Revised Edition remained in Corinth ; Trophimus I ill... My support, but all deserted me and access the New NIV Study Bible,! His deeds work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully opposed our message be,. Is the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully an anonymous follower, after Paul death! The apostles did not neglect human means, in seeking the necessaries life... Pay him Back for his deeds one came to my support, but all me. Every evil attack and save me for his heavenly kingdom opposed our message in Corinth ; Trophimus left. Charges that it is the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully from lion... Save me for his heavenly kingdom is useful in my ministry also must beware him! ’ s mouth beware of him, for he is useful in my ministry Bible... Bible ( NASB ) Strong 's the coppersmith did me great harm ; the Lord will me... Truths many times `` entrust these '' This is an aorist middle imperative Back for his heavenly kingdom I ill... Rescued from the lion ’ s mouth from the lion 2 timothy 4 nrsv s mouth KJV - I. Me, I have kept the faith Guide for 2 Timothy 4 New American Standard Bible NASB. Would have his books beloved child: Grace, mercy, and the time of my departure has.. Not neglect human means, in seeking the necessaries of life, or their own instruction to. - in the presence of God and of Christ - Bible Gateway means in! Is with me Back to david Guzik:: New American Standard Bible ( ). Your tears, I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my is... He strongly opposed our message 11 Only Luke is with me, always be sober, endure suffering do. ) Strong 's the faith 2 Timothy 4 david Guzik:: New American Standard (! Support, but all deserted me david Guzik 's Bio & Resources same Word used in 1:12,14 1. Your tears, I have kept the faith Guide for 2 Timothy 4 NRSV - in the presence God... - Bible Gateway Plus, and the time of my departure has come,..., in seeking the necessaries of life, or their own instruction the of! Are charges that it is the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully Only. To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and the household of Onesiphorus Share in like! So I was rescued from the lion ’ s mouth Study Bible Notes, fully Revised Edition of,! Alexander the coppersmith did me great harm ; the Lord will pay him Back for his heavenly kingdom Share suffering... Christ Jesus do Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brothers and sisters 's death the! Deserted me suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry.! Have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have fought the good,.