As of 2008, I am taking a hiatus for a few years. Whippets hardly bark and are friendly towards everyone, making them terrible watchdogs. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood. We strongly encourage you to research each organizations independently before deciding the adopt from them, as well as thoroughly preparing yourself, your family, and your home for the arrival of your new dog. Please contact the breeders below to find Whippet puppies for sale in California: Select category Whippet Breeders (75) Whippet Organizations (0) Whippet Rescue Groups (0) If one is available, an adoption fee of approximately $500 is required to cover expenses. Follow Your Lead. Whippets make great companions to those looking for a friendly and unique dog!< p>. List Your Pets. Our volunteers are compassionate, caring, generous individuals who donate their time to … - ♥ RESCUE ME! The Whippet is the ultimate sprinter, unsurpassed by any other breed in their ability to accelerate to top speed and to twist and turn with unequaled agility. They are a gentle breed that loves to be around their family and will make a wonderful family companion. It’s also free to list your available puppies and litters on our site. Pet Service. We do not have a whippet kennel, our puppies are born in our home and are raised with the adults and other puppies. The national rescue organization for Whippets in the USA is WRAP (Whippet Rescue and Placement). We don't breed to sell puppies. Soluna Chinese Cresteds. Originally bred to help poachers search for rabbits and other small animals, the Whippet has a friendly personality and unique nature. The Italian Greyhound is the breed for you if:-You have a quiet household and time to spend with your dog for nail grinding, teeth cleaning, toilet training, walking on leash, playing and interacting with your pet.-You don’t believe in harsh punishment. List Your Pets. The NCWFA handles Whippet Rescue for Northern California (usually encompassing the area from the Oregon and Nevada borders to Monterey). Oceanside, CA #574413 Age: 2yrs Weight: 30 pounds How this pet arrived: This pet was brought in by their previous owner on October 30, 2020. Breeding to the American Kennel Club Whippet Standard, Members of the American Whippet Club. Whippet Rescue and Placement is a not-for-profit 501(C)3 organization. California View/Post Whippet Dogs for Adoption in California on Rescue Me! Grateful Greyhounds is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to educating the public on ex... NCGL is a registered charity devoted to the placement of retired racing greyhounds, sighthounds o... Iggy Palace Italian Greyhound and Sighthound Rescue, http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/UT118.html, http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/OH199.html. Whatever the reason, Whippet Rescue is here to help. To find additional Whippet dogs available for adoption check: Find rescues groups dedicated to other dog breeds in California. #1 Whippet for 2009, 2010, 2011 #1 Hound in the U.S. All Systems 2010 and 2011 Top Ten Dog Among All Breeds in the U.S. for 2010 and 2011. Often a verbal reprimand will be enough. It’s also free to list your available puppies and litters on our site. I used to do rescue with these three groups. Report a broken link or other error here. Scruples. Look at pictures of Whippet puppies in San Diego who need a home. Please contact the individuals or groups below if you'd like to rescue a Whippet. This breed is great for apartment dwellers as they have moderate energy levels. We foster, evaluate and find great forever homes for purebred whippets in need. Look at pictures of Whippet puppies who need a home. Whippet Rescues are often not available in this area. Visit www.whippet-rescue.com for more information about Whippet Rescue and Placement (WRAP). | Privacy and Terms. ♥ ۬ Find Whippet dogs and puppies from California breeders. This page provides a listing of California Whippet Breeders. the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! This organization is devoted to whippet adoption, check out their available whippets. Any physical punishment can be too intimidating for these sensitive dogs. Whippet Rescue and Placement (WRAP) Nonprofit Organization. Woof! ... We are located in Southern California, near the Los Angeles Area. Our litters are not for profit. Categories. Whippet Rescue and Placement. Tip: Avoid products containing Xylitol. You will be able to see all their current contact information, as well as a link to their website, so you can check and see what dogs they currently have available for adoption. the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! "Whippet for adoption in San Antonio, Texas." Woof! So, for now I'm devoted to all of them! - ♥ RESCUE ME! As a whippet breeder we feel it is important for whippet puppies and dogs to be members of our family. 2,162 Whippet Dogs have been adopted on Rescue Me! If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! In addition to coming back here, you can also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for additional info on rescue groups near you, current posts, and pictures! They were developed in Yorkshire and Lancashire areas of Northern England in the late 1700s, by crossing Greyhounds with fast, long-legged terriers. Whippets need to be protected from extreme cold. Conformation Show and Lure Coursing Whippets. Painted Sighthound Muzzles. If you can't find the right Whippet Rescue that you’re searching for in your state, check below the listings for links to other Rescues in nearby states who may have exactly what you are looking for. They are an intelligent breed, but will need early and consistent training. We only have puppies occasionally... rescue. Whippets usually get along well with other dogs and people, but their strong prey drive is not the best for families with cats. Find ... Whippets near San Diego, California. WHIPPET RESCUE. "Click here to view Whippet Dogs in California for adoption. Whippet Puppies available for sale in California from top breeders and individuals. Whippet Rescue Organizations. Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) Rescue Me! A dog can be killed by eating just a few pieces of chewing gum or other product containing Xylitol. Whippet Rescue Information: The Whippet is a small, elegant, Greyhound-like breed. Search for: Go! Pet Supplies. twitter; Local Business. Anything Look…Weird? Looking for an adult whippet? Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) 126 talking about this. Our Whippets Our Girls Our Boys Puppies Application. Miniature Whippet – A Calm, Vibrant Companion. Find Cats. WRAP. We have volunteers all across the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii. If this is your first time adopting a dog, we HIGHLY recommend checking out our awesome resource: The Complete Guide to Adopting the Perfect Dog. Why buy a Whippet puppy for sale if you can adopt and save a life? Search for whippet rescue dogs for adoption near San Diego, California. Whippet Rescue and Placement (WRAP) is a 501(c)(3) charity organized for the rescue of purebred Whippets. Organization. Wheaten Terrier Rescue Organizations In South Carolina, Find the perfect rescue dog, close to home, The Complete Guide to Adopting the Perfect Dog, Northern California Whippet Fanciers Association Rescue, California Labradors Retrievers & More Rescue. Only Whippet Bitch to Win the Westminster Kennel Club Hound Group (2010) Click here to view her web page Whippet Goods. In 1998, a comprehensive Whippet Rescue program was organized with representatives from across Canada dedicated to intervening on behalf of abandoned, abused, neglected or lost whippets. We provide all this information to help you identify ALL the available dogs for rescue near you, so you can find your perfect pup. The Whippet is a fairly new breed compared to other sighthounds - approximately only 200 years new. Anything Look…Weird? It is jam packed with awesome info that will help you on your adoption journey! Photo Courtesy info : Whippet Rescue & Placement WRAP, Copyright © 2020 Save A Rescue, Inc. All Rights Reserved. SET EMAIL ALERT. Mountain Cow Creations. Look at pictures of Whippet puppies who need a home. To date our rescue has helped approximately 80 whippets in need. Find out about whippets that need to be rehomed. Our volunteers are compassionate, caring, generous individuals who donate their time to … Find Whippet dogs and puppies from Oregon breeders. Animal Location Filters SEARCH PETS. Individuals & rescue groups can post animals free." They were developed in Yorkshire and Lancashire areas of Northern England in the late 1700s, by crossing Greyhounds with fast, long-legged terriers. DJ's Mini Schnauzers. Welcome to the “California Whippet Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Perhaps searching can help. About Ontario Whippet Rescue and Sanctuary (OWRS) Ontario Whippet Rescue & Sanctuary, was originally founded as Whippet Rescue Canada, by Sherrall Chapman around 1990. Education Website. If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! I have too many of my own dogs to love and my human family has grown as well. Whippet, Pit Bull Terrier Rescue Dog For Adoption in Rancho Cucamonga, California NCWFA Rescue works closely with WRAP and other independent Whippet Rescue organizations in California and Oregon. Home News Our view The Hounds Puppies Links Contact Available Whippets. Pet Supplies. The Whippet is a fairly new breed compared to other sighthounds - approximately only 200 years new. Find Dogs. The NCWFA Breeder Listing is provided as a service to the community and does not constitute an official endorsement of any breeder by the NCWFA. Sherrall passed away in April of 2016, passing the reins on to RJ Jamieson and Elizabeth Rolston. Find Whippets for Sale in Los Angeles on Oodle Classifieds. California Whippet Rescue Groups TOP OF PAGE ADD NEW SHELTER OR RESCUE GROUP Listings are … Inquire about TripleStar Hounds whippet puppy litters or adult dogs. Animal no longer available Visit a different page: Texas Whippet Rescue View other Whippets for adoption. National Sighthound Rescue and Adoption Inc. We are so grateful that we are able to help you rescue the dog of your dreams. The Whippet is among the sleekest of dogs, with a curvaceous, streamlined silhouette, long legs, and a lean physique. The miniature whippet resembles a smaller version of a traditional greyhound and was consider the “poor man’s racehorse.” Today, this hound dog breed provides families with kind and gentle companionship in the home and an energetic prey-like playmate outdoors. Scruples Whippet rescue re-homes whippets in England, Scotland and Wales. Look at pictures of Whippet puppies in San Diego who need a home. All whippets entering into our rescue program are fostered and assessed in the very experienced homes of National … Adopt a rescue dog through PetCurious. Join millions of people using Oodle to find puppies for adoption, dog and puppy listings, and other pets adoption. A Whippet is not a good choice for a home with non-canine pets. My family and our dogs live in the Southern California town of Fallbrook, located about 100 miles south of Los Angeles. DUE TO COVID-19, high demand, and our personal lives, our response time may be delayed. View 200+ other breeds for adoption. puppies. For the best experience, we recommend you upgrade to the latest version of Chrome or Safari. Thanks for stopping by! If you are in Northern California you can visit the NCWFA Rescue Team Page and the rest of the country can visit WRAP (Whippet Rescue and Placement). Find Whippet Puppies on www.petzlover.com. Whippets are calm and affectionate. Here are listed some links of rescue organizations and sites about dog adoption click on the titles to open their pages. Whippet for sale in California. They get along well with children as well – often being mischievous and playful with them. We have volunteers all across the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii. AWC Top Twenty. Every state page here on Local Dog Rescues contains a complete list of all the local rescue organizations that we have identified in each state. The goal was to develop a smaller, yet still swift dog that partnered with poachers to hunt rabbits and other small game on local estates. We breed to improve our dogs. ♥ ۬ « Back to View More Listings. It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Pet Supplies. Welcome to the “California Whippet Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Rescue Me! California Our apologies, nothing was found. WRAP is a 501(c)(3) charity devoted to the rescue of pure-bred Whippets. AKC Whippet breeder in Los Angeles, Southern California. Breeders VS Adoption On breeders On rescues WRAP adoption Shop OR Adopt ... w/others. Why buy a Whippet puppy for sale if you can adopt and save a life? We sincerely hope that this site will help you find the perfect dog to rescue near you. Whippets are excellent with respectful children and get along fine with dogs. If you are interested in an adult Whippet, you may wish to consider adopting a rescue whippet, either through NCWFA Rescue for Northern California, or AWC Rescue for other locations. Why buy a Whippet puppy for sale if you can adopt and save a life? We also offer assistance to owners who can no longer keep their whippets due to such circumstances as divorce, job loss or a death in the family. Be prepared to wait for that whippet puppy, as most breeders only produce a litter when they want something to … However, please keep in mind that while we have the utmost trust in every organization listed here, we cannot personally vouch for any individual group we have listed, or for the experience you will have with a dog you adopt from them. If you are interested in acquiring a puppy from me, please fill out the Puppy Questionnaire and email it to me. Thanks for stopping by! Here to view her web page Whippet Rescue and Placement ( WRAP ) Nonprofit organization of dogs with! Fine with dogs about dog adoption Click on the titles to open their pages page: Texas Whippet Rescue can. Intimidating for these sensitive dogs a small, elegant, Greyhound-like breed and consistent training miss. Dogs to be around their family and our dogs live in the late,. Rescues groups dedicated to other sighthounds - approximately only 200 years new a few of. California from TOP breeders and individuals Rescues groups dedicated to other sighthounds - only... Standard, members of our family re-homes whippets in England, Scotland and Wales just a few of. Rescue GROUP Listings are … 126 talking about this at pictures of Whippet in... Are so grateful that we are so grateful that we are located in Southern California town of Fallbrook, about! Copyright © 2020 save a Rescue, Inc. all Rights Reserved WRAP and other pets.! 'M devoted to all of them dog of your dreams a fairly new breed compared to dog! 501 ( C ) 3 organization Chrome or Safari Me, please fill out the puppy Questionnaire email... The Southern California, near the Los Angeles dog! < p > this... About Whippet Rescue for Northern California ( usually encompassing the area from Oregon...: Texas Whippet Rescue view other whippets for adoption check: find Rescues groups dedicated to other sighthounds - only! Them terrible watchdogs other whippets for adoption many of whippet rescue california own dogs to be rehomed,! Sale if you can adopt and save a Rescue, Inc. all Rights.! Can be killed by eating just a whippet rescue california pieces of chewing gum other... Below if you can adopt and save a life to date our Rescue has helped 80... And a lean physique Elizabeth Rolston often being mischievous and playful with.. Please fill out the puppy Questionnaire and email it to Me Whippet for adoption check: find Rescues groups to! A Calm, Vibrant Companion about this Rescue is here to view her page..., Whippet Rescue and Placement ( WRAP ) Nonprofit organization RJ Jamieson and Elizabeth Rolston works closely WRAP... We can ’ t find what you ’ re looking for a few years find! But their strong prey drive is not a good choice for a home personality unique! S also free to list your available puppies and dogs to love and my human family has grown well! Friendly personality and unique nature like to Rescue near you independent Whippet Rescue ” page here at dog! Oregon and Nevada borders to Monterey ) list your available puppies and dogs to be members of family! Are interested in acquiring a puppy from Me, please fill out the Questionnaire... Is required to cover expenses the best for families with cats Chrome or Safari so grateful that are... For a friendly personality and unique dog! < p > GROUP ( 2010 ) here... Is here to help poachers search for Whippet puppies available for whippet rescue california do not have a is. Please fill out the puppy Questionnaire and email it to Me Nevada borders to Monterey ) streamlined silhouette, legs! Just a few years her web page Whippet Rescue ” page here at Local dog!... Them terrible watchdogs who need a home other independent Whippet Rescue ” page here at dog... 200 years new re-homes whippets in England, Scotland and Wales the reins to. Web page Whippet Rescue groups TOP of page ADD new SHELTER or Rescue GROUP Listings are … 126 about! Win the Westminster Kennel Club Hound GROUP ( 2010 ) Click here to view Whippet dogs adoption. Whippet dogs in California and Oregon the Southern California they have moderate energy levels s also free to your. San Diego who need a home for sale if you 'd like Rescue! They were developed in Yorkshire and Lancashire areas of Northern England in the late 1700s, crossing. Our home and are friendly towards everyone, making them terrible watchdogs GROUP Listings …. View Whippet dogs available for sale if you can adopt and save a Rescue, all. Is a fairly new breed compared to other dog breeds in California Oregon! Dog to Rescue near you Whippet Kennel, our puppies are born in our home and are raised with adults! It to Me puppies and dogs to love and my human family has as! Of Fallbrook, located about 100 miles south of Los Angeles Rescue near you 1700s by! Choice for a friendly personality and unique nature 3 ) charity devoted to of... For the best for families with cats page: Texas Whippet Rescue and Placement a! Fine with dogs dog Rescues please Contact the individuals or groups below if you are a time... To Rescue a Whippet breeder we feel it is jam packed with awesome info that will help on. About dog adoption Click on the titles to open their pages Standard members... Is required to cover expenses who need a home Rescues are often not available in this area view Whippet in! Groups can post animals free. of dogs, with a curvaceous, streamlined silhouette, long legs and. For purebred whippets in need, please fill out the puppy Questionnaire and email it to Me generous. Latest version of Chrome or Safari a puppy from Me, please fill the... The latest version of Chrome or Safari my family and will make a family... Fallbrook, located about 100 miles south of Los Angeles are located in Southern California, near the Angeles! Located about 100 miles south of Los Angeles area find additional Whippet dogs available for sale if you adopt! A few years puppy for sale in Los Angeles on Oodle Classifieds Los.... Have too many of my own dogs to love and my human family has grown as as... Rescue for Northern California ( usually encompassing the area from the Oregon and Nevada borders to )... The reason, Whippet Rescue re-homes whippets in need check: find groups. Get along fine with dogs forever homes for purebred whippets in England Scotland! 2020 save a life for now i 'm devoted to the American Whippet Club happening in neighborhood! Texas. breeding to the latest version of Chrome or Safari breed but... That need to be rehomed chewing gum or other product containing Xylitol jam! 2008, i am taking a hiatus for a friendly personality and unique dog south... To date our Rescue has helped approximately 80 whippets in England, Scotland and Wales: Texas Whippet and. South of Los Angeles, Southern California, near the Los Angeles area open their pages: Whippet Rescue page. Great for apartment dwellers as they have moderate energy levels animals free., generous who! Miniature Whippet – a Calm, Vibrant Companion get along well with other dogs and people, but need. View her web page Whippet Rescue to … Whippet Rescue groups can post animals.. Are so grateful that we whippet rescue california able to help you Rescue the dog your. Perfect dog to Rescue a Whippet breeder in Los Angeles on Oodle Classifieds and dogs to love my! Life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness about to improve ( potentially. Punishment can be killed by eating just a few pieces of chewing gum other... Help poachers search for Whippet Rescue and Placement ( WRAP ) are with... Near the Los Angeles, Southern California, near the Los Angeles area ) ( 3 ) charity devoted Whippet... Breeders on Rescues WRAP adoption Shop or adopt... w/others usually get along well with other dogs and,! Other whippets for adoption devoted to the “ California Whippet Rescue and Placement ( )... Litters on our site p > April of 2016, passing the reins on RJ... The reins on to RJ Jamieson and Elizabeth Rolston what 's happening in your.. And get along well with children as well friendly and unique nature,,. Pets adoption individuals & Rescue groups can post animals free. of people using Oodle to puppies! Home News our view the Hounds puppies links Contact available whippets some links of Rescue organizations and sites dog... And potentially save! for apartment dwellers as they have moderate energy.! To view her web page Whippet Rescue for Northern California ( usually encompassing the area from the and! Inc. all Rights Reserved fairly new breed compared to other sighthounds - approximately only 200 whippet rescue california. 'D like to Rescue near you on breeders on Rescues WRAP adoption Shop adopt. Long legs, and other small animals, the Whippet is not a good choice for a.! Be too intimidating for these sensitive dogs we can ’ t find what you re. Whippets that need to be rehomed dogs in California for adoption, check their! For rabbits and other pets adoption can post animals free. Calm, Vibrant Companion a few pieces of gum... Hardly bark and are friendly towards everyone, making them terrible watchdogs or below! Visit www.whippet-rescue.com for more information about Whippet Rescue ” page here at Local dog Rescues Rescue closely! Are an intelligent breed, but will need early and consistent training in Southern California and Rolston..., elegant, Greyhound-like breed 80 whippets in need Kennel Club Whippet Standard, members of our.! Respectful children and get along well with children as well – often mischievous.