National Hispanic Heritage Month: 5 countries, 5 dishes, 1... National Hispanic Heritage Month: 5 countries, 5 dishes, 1 kitchen, 9 tasty bean recipes you can make tonight, Champagne Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream. The best homemade pie crust is flaky, not too sweet, and golden brown on the edges. This was very easy to make and quite tasty too!" Fruit pies can be stored either at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two days (covering them with an overturned bowl is a handy way to keep them protected). MILKSHAKES. I used three Fuji apples, one Granny Smith, and a pear, just because. Rate this post ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (0) Leftover Apple Pie Cinnamon Buns With Vanilla Glaze. Fold in 2 cups chopped pie gently. Ingredients. Chocolate-Dipped Leftover Pie Bites Perfect when you just want a *bite*, not a whole slice: Cut up leftover pie into small pieces and dip in melted chocolate (white, dark, milk). This one is a keeper because it is easy to prepare and most of the ingredients are things you have on hand." If you have apples, then you need a list of things you can do with apples! Use for crumble topping for your baked Christmas sweet potato casserole. "Tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked at 30 minutes. The light and fluffy yellow cake combines perfectly with the … You can't go wrong with this two-ingredient classic. Read on to get top-rated recipes for easy apple desserts you can make with very few ingredients and simple techniques, plus cooking tips so they turn out just right. I found on a discounted rack at the grocery store an apple pie. Save Comments. Now add the wet ingredients and stir well. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make a new tasty treat using your favorite leftover sweets – all from pie, of course! Read full article. Prep Time: 30 minutes: Cook Time: 45 minutes: Servings: 9" pie. —CC, "This cake was easy and delicious. Step up your kitchen skills and get exciting new recipes delivered to your inbox! Did You Know You Can Turn Apple Peels into a Delicious Snack? Log in. I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out all gummy and tasteless. Quiche. From stir-fries to pies, these recipes are packed with festive flavour. Use up your Christmas dinner leftovers, including turkey and all the trimmings. Learn the fold over method for pie makers. —staceykb72 What can i make with apple pie filling? 15 Creative Ways to Use Leftover Apple Cider. Cozy Up This Season with 5 Fabulous Hot Chocolate Recipes. Leftover Apple Pie Cinnamon Buns With Vanilla Glaze. "I didn't have any apple pie spice so I just just a tsp of cinnamon and about 1/8 tsp of nutmeg. Give your leftover Christmas veg a healthy makeover with this meal in a bowl. 10. If you make an apple salad with nuts, throw the peels in there for an added crunch. Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. Treat yourself (and your family and friends) to sweet Dutch apple pie spice cupcakes with a velvety cinnamon cream cheese frosting! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Several other reviewers also recommended skipping the half cup of water in the recipe. An easy apple-studded batter baked in a skillet. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. They’ll love the surprise of a moist, apple pie filling. On one hand, I would love to put everything in the fridge just to be on the safe side, but the leftover turkey and side dishes are usually also battling it out for space. Sliced apples and cinnamon are baked under a sweet and crunchy oatmeal topping. -@chris_sharedappetite. This will ensure even heating of the inside of the pie, and the crust will remain crispy and fine. Pumpkin Pie Broiler S’mores. Freeze. This would be such an easy muffin recipe to develop! Repurpose leftover apple pie into a sweet, thick milkshake with this 3-ingredient recipe from Alton Brown. https://www.realsimple.com/.../thanksgiving/leftover-pie-crust-recipes This was very easy to make and quite tasty too!" To freeze, wrap pie tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag. "I used four apples, pineapple, and blueberries since that is what I had. Starting with the apple pie filling you love, we’ve got 10 recipes that are all pie, no fuss. They’ll love the surprise of a moist, apple pie filling. By Dana Leigh Smith . Press the dough circles into each individual muffin tin hole, pushing the dough against the sides. Garnish is a great way for using leftover apple peels for dishes or salads. My favorite part is all the leftovers... and here's a great way to have pie for breakfast the morning after: Leftover Apple Pie Cinnamon Buns!!! These easy shortcut cookies are delicious and stunning! Subscribe. This Leftover Apple Pie Cinnamon Buns With Vanilla Glaze recipe is featured in the Thanksgiving Leftovers feed along with many more. "This was so good and so easy. Your family will probably wonder if you’ve gone crazy, but just ignore them! Tips on How to Reheat Apple Pie in Oven. 5 of 20 This one takes me back to my childhood." The peels add a subtle apple flavor and will boost the fiber content of any of these dishes. (Add more milk if you'd rather a thinner consistency.) On the other hand, I wonder if I’m ruining the texture of certain pies by refrigerating them when most people would just leave them out on the counter. © Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Here you'll find my original recipes, cookbook and restaurant reviews, travel and food photography. 1 – Make a Top Crust. Mix some vitamin A with apples’ vitamin C in this carrot-apple-ginger soup. "I made this recipe for a group of friends and WOW!!! On one hand, I would love to put everything in the fridge just to be on the safe side, but the leftover turkey and side dishes are usually also battling it out for space. CHER, Credit: Add walnuts or cooked bacon to the preserves for extra crunch. A fantastic bakery-style dessert just doesn't get any easier than this!" There’s only one element of pie-making that isn’t wonderful—that leftover dough on your cutting board. 2. Throw them in a bowl with … Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until topping is brown and crisp and filling is hot and bubbly. —staceykb72. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Easy Healthy Desserts With 5 Ingredients or Less, 17 Super-Quick Desserts for Almost-Instant Gratification. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Pair them with cinnamon to keep everything tasting like apple pie. Cut rolled-out leftover pie dough into freeform shapes. Grab your leftover pie and chop it up to make about two and a half cups. 11 of 12. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../6-new-uses-for-store-bought-pie-crust Please enter your email address and click submit.You will be sent an email with a re-set password link within a few minutes. 10 Ways to Use a Can of Apple Pie Filling (Besides the Obvious) By Pillsbury Kitchens . This was delicious!" What to do With Leftover Pie Dough. When they’re dried, place them in a grinder to turn them into a fine powder. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-to-make-with-apple-cider Patriots' Belichick makes rare political statement. 2.5 cups leftover chopped pumpkin pie (or other flavour) approx 3-4 slices, divided . Try making these easy leftover pie crust recipes. 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners 5 Ingredient Recipes ... "I didn't have any apple pie spice so I just just a tsp of cinnamon and about 1/8 tsp of nutmeg. Although it’s tempting, try not to … read more. From pies and cakes to crisps … Apple Pie Spice Cupcakes. What's a girl to do? How easy is it? When pattyshaw made them, she said, "I baked the apples in individual foil boats. Easy and quick to make. I mixed Granny Smith apples with Jonathan apples and the result was a delicious dessert." So, make a double batch, cover that pie pan and then try out a few of these things that you can do with the extra pie crust you made. 0 0. Perhaps one of the quickest ways to get rid of leftover apples is to drink them for breakfast every day until they’re gone. After reading all the reviews I was certainly torn; sweet apple vs tart apple, nuts vs no nuts, 2 cups sugar vs less sugar, frosting vs no frosting. A ready-made pie crust makes these apple hand pies quick and easy to assemble. I even cooked it for about 20 extra minutes for a total of 40, and the top still didn't really brown right. On the other hand, I wonder if I’m ruining the texture of certain pies by refrigerating them when most people would just leave them out on the counter. Sign up. First things first: You don’t have to do anything with the pie dough scraps right away! "Great recipe! This is a Washington DC area food blog. Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a super easy and completely delicious recipe using apple pie filling and cake mix. This impressive cake roll is filled with a little sugar, spice, and everything nice! By creating a profile and answering a few questions, we can transform your experience on Ready Set Eat into one that’s tailored to your cooking style and tastes. —MARY DOMAZ. Depending on the size of your leftover apples, you will likely need three or four apples totally 600 grams. Roll the dough on a floured work surface and then cut it into circles that are slightly larger than your mini muffin tin. They have lots of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, zero fat and plenty of dietary fiber. Add applejack for a boozy boost. This recipe for apple pie is inspired by the AMAZING HBO show, The Leftovers. published Oct 26, 2016. "Thanks to frozen puff pastry, these are quick and simple with great results. "If you want to decorate with bits of stuff, sprinkle just a little bit on the side facing you and then gently press into the caramel. You know that old saying, "as easy as pie?" The topping for this was disgusting. With these delicious recipe ideas, transform humble homemade (or pre-made) pie dough into sweet and savoury treats. Chocolate-Dipped Leftover Pie Bites Perfect when you just want a *bite*, not a whole slice: Cut up leftover pie into small pieces and dip in melted chocolate (white, dark, milk). I also sprinkled granulated sugar on the outside after brushing with the egg. From cookies to cake, these recipes will give the perfect spin on a new dessert using the last little bit of your favorite Marie Callender’s® pie! Add applejack for a boozy boost. Whether you've got leftover pie dough from rolling your perfect pastry or extra discs of dough in the freezer, you can turn these buttery leftovers into something extraordinary. Leftover pumpkin pie filling pudding is the ideal dessert when you’re looking to serve a crowd and want to mix up the norm of a traditional pumpkin pie. Chop up any large pieces of apple and place filling in small bowl. In blender, blend apple pie, ice cream, and milk until smooth. They will see the light soon. Preheat oven to 375F. ", Instead of baking them in a cake pan, Cindy used a muffin pan and modified the baking time to 25 minutes, "and they turned out great.". Apples are great for your health. Cut the bruises off your leftover apples. August is a bittersweet month. Apple pie leftovers are best heated the same way you baked the pie in the first place. Kayla Sisco, Credit: If, however, you want caramel apples with a little more pizazz, add chocolate chips, nuts, and other toppings. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. 8. I also only used 1/4 cup water and that was more than enough. 11. Phoenix McPeek, 12 Apple Desserts That Are Easier Than Pie. Wikipedia: Shepherd's pie. Chop up peels and add them to you next batch of pancakes, waffles, or muffins. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. If you prefer a smoother texture, try grating the apples into the batter instead of dicing them. Here are 27 ways to put apples to work, along with a lot of great recipe links! The idea was a genius way to use leftover apple pie and make apple pie muffins! what to do with leftover apple pie filling Treat yourself (and your family and friends) to sweet Dutch apple pie spice cupcakes with a velvety cinnamon cream cheese frosting! —lutzflcat. —naples34102. Apr 18, 2018 - Don’t know what to do with all the leftover pie dough from Thanksgiving? This was very easy to make and quite tasty too!" You just made an entire pie (like a Dutch Apple Pie or something … Sign up now. « Előző bejegyzés. Grind Them Finely. View All. Don't roll it or push it into the toppings, as that moves the caramel away from the apple and contributes to the puddle or very gloppy apples," reviewer LizzieBearCooks says. Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. A hearty helping of canned apple filling is layered on top and sprinkled with another layer of cinnamon sugar then dressed with a vanilla glaze.. Refrigerated biscuit dough is the shortcut ingredient in this popular recipe. by Kelli Foster. Apples are one of God’s best blessings to humanity because they’re a great combination of fiber, nutrients, and delicious! Well, this is so unlike me, but I followed the recipe exactly and it was just right." Let set in the fridge and then sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Leftover pecan pie can be pureed, mixed with brown sugar and chopped pecans. onegron, Credit: Meghan Mangan, Credit: "I didn't have any apple pie spice so I just just a tsp of cinnamon and about 1/8 tsp of nutmeg. Encyclopedia Research. (Add more milk if you'd rather a thinner consistency.) But there comes a time to break the mold and try something new! Chop 3-4 slices of leftover pie to make 2.5 cups of chopped pie. So this is what I like to do with leftover Pie Dough and Filling… make a RUSTIC APPLE PIE TART or what is actually known as a GALLETE. There was more oatmeal mixture than could fit inside the apples, so the boats kept the 'filling' contained and made them easy to serve.". Alternating layers of sliced apples and a sweet flour/butter/cinnamon mix are baked together to make an easy, comforting fall treat. Leave a Comment. —Steve Love. Carefully unroll cinnamon buns from tube and spread apple pie filling in the center of each strip of dough. The show … 2. Use as topping for baked brie cheese. The house smelled wonderful while these apples were in the oven. "These tasted like apple pie! So simple that I could probably make it every night." If you already went apple picking and came home with more apples than your kitchen can handle, then we've got you covered. Hence, in the oven. I diced up the apples rather than halved them and sprinkled cinnamon, sugar, and a little nutmeg on before I wrapped them. I did not add the water, since I never add water to fruit crisp recipes. When we made this in the RecipeLion Test Kitchen, editors devoured it in record time! In a large bowl stir together maple syrup, coconut oil, apple pie spice, and cinnamon. Make a compote. Put away that pie crust and take out your cast iron skillet.These Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits use pieces of biscuit dough and dip them in cinnamon sugar. Updated May 8, 2020 It’s no secret: We love a classic pie. Source: delish.com. Apple Pie Spice Cupcakes. Have leftover pie on hand? Preheat oven to 350°F. Make a fall version by adding a scoop of pumpkin pie to the classic s’mores build and using the broiler to get the marshmallow nice and toasty! These fall-inspired pancakes feature leftover pumpkin pie filling, fresh diced apples (we recommend tart Granny Smith apples), and a combo of cozy spices. Avon-status quo PRO says, "This was a perfect recipe and the ease was almost scary. From cookies to cake, these recipes will give the perfect spin on a new  dessert using the last little bit of your favorite Marie Callender’s® pie! https://www.readyseteat.com/inspiration-and-tips/easy-desserts-you-can-make-leftover-pie. Jessica Nottingham added this helpful tip: "Make sure to keep the pastry crust cold so that it doesn't fall apart!" How do you store apple pie in the fridge? If you haven’t yet seen this show, you really have to give it a try. You can keep baked apple pies at room temperature for up to two days. Packed with lentils, spinach and herbs, it's filling and flavourful. If your apple pie somehow managed to last two whole days without getting devoured, it’s time to put it in the refrigerator. (Image credit: Christine Gallary) It’s that time of year, when apple-filled desserts reign supreme. Deciding where to put leftover pie has always been tricky for me. If you don’t feel like playing in the kitchen anymore, those scraps will keep until tomorrow or next month depending on how you store them. It looks beautiful, tastes buttery and will showcase that farmers market fruit with pride! A s’more isn’t only a summer campfire treat. Apple pie filling gets an upgrade from a few drops of brandy or apple-flavored liqueur and can become a topping for cheesecake. Leftover pie crust dough is perfect for making mini quiches. A s’more isn’t only a summer campfire treat. Adjust sweetener to taste. In a large bowl stir together maple syrup, coconut oil, apple pie spice, and cinnamon. Apple pie will keep for an additional 2-3 days in the refrigerator, loosely covered with foil or plastic wrap. SmellyPrawn, Credit: If possible, try to reheat apple pie in oven pans so that the spices have time to get warm and so that the crust and apple filling have time to obtain the texture that you desire. Make a new tasty treat using your favorite leftover sweets – all from pie, of course! https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/10-ways-to-use-up-leftover-apples If I buy it, it is a lot of pie for just myself. Nobody'sGirl, Credit: Serve with apple slices and French bread or crackers. October 14 marks the day of the sudden departure when 2% of the world’s population disappeared. Slice the apples, place in the bowl, and toss to coat thoroughly with the spiced mixture. Gather the dough, roll it out 1/8 inch thick and cut out circles. Related Questions. Spray with olive oil, sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown and crispy. Try it with carrots or parsnips 1 hr and 20 mins 7 Ways to Use Leftover Apple Peels. Add a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to a half cup of leftover cherry pie filling. Was it a hit!! In blender, blend apple pie, ice cream, and milk until smooth. Easy muffin recipe. You just made an entire pie (like a Dutch Apple Pie or something probably equally impressive).. If you were overambitious at the farmer’s market or at the apple orchard, there are plenty of things you can do with leftover apples. lutzflcat, Credit: There is also a faster way in the microwave, but the texture will be partially disturbed, so if you have time, we advise you to opt for an oven. Slice the apples, place in the bowl, and toss to coat thoroughly with the spiced mixture. sassyoldlady, Credit: Made with layers of sweet Dutch apple pie, spongy spiced cake and a cream cheese frosting drizzle – no wonder this cake roll is a showstopper! Use spicy pepper jelly instead of fruit preserves for an unexpected kick. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Several reviewers made the recipe in 9x13 or 8x8 baking pans, and it turned out great. 9. 10 of 12. I also sprinkled granulated sugar on the outside after brushing with the egg. However, you could end up with a soggy crust and apples that are mushy. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../6-new-uses-for-store-bought-pie-crust Simply stir a teaspoon of brandy or apple liqueur into ½ cup of apple pie filling and place a dollop of the apple mixture onto a slice of cheesecake. Here’s how to turn your leftover pie into a brunch recipe your whole family can enjoy….might I say, it’s really easy as pie. If the pie has been sliced, cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap. First things first: You don’t have to do anything with the pie dough scraps right away! Always a hit when I bring it to parties. I have a bottle of Apple Pie left over from a neighbor, but i'm not going to drink it... i was wondering if i could use it in some type of recipe? The Leftovers: Apple Pie recipe inspired by season 2 of the HBO television series, The Leftovers, starring Justin Theroux, Liv Tyler, Amy Brenneman. You want to be sure you will have enough pie crust dough to cover your pie pan, and there is plenty you can do with leftover pie crust dough. These yummy ideas ensure nothing goes to waste and every bit of pastry gets used up. Roll out dough into a circle slightly larger than your pie dish and lay it inside. Keeping it in the original pie pan is the easiest way to store leftover pie, but you can also portion individual slices in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil. 10 Ways to Use Leftover Pie Dough 10 Ways to Use Leftover Pie Dough. Thanksgiving is ONE WEEK away! Add a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to a half cup of leftover cherry pie filling. What to do with leftover pastry. Share. Everybody came in for some, and came back for more." 17. Do you love the taste of apples in different recipes? you can make your own with this recipe for Self-Rising Flour. Search. Double Pie Crust. —staceykb72 . We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. States bleeding cash with no stimulus in sight —LYNN LUKE, BakerJim submitted this top-rated recipe and says, "This was my Mom's recipe. Repurpose leftover apple pie into a sweet, thick milkshake with this 3-ingredient recipe from Alton Brown. Facebook Tweet. Watch the video to see how easy they are to make. Easy desserts you can make with leftover pie! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. THE TAKEAWAY: Refrigerate leftover pie containing eggs or dairy right away. Want more articles tailored to you? Put slice of pie in blender and make my favorite makeover my leftover pie recipe: Milkshakes. —Brandy Wiser. Credit: Rape, abuses in palm oil fields linked to top beauty brands. Well, dehydrate the apple peels. If you’ve ever made a pie from scratch, you know that there’s always some dough leftover. Allison TX, Credit: Core, peel and slice them. Pin. Apples and walnuts are packed into a cinnamon spiced blonde brownie. https://www.realsimple.com/.../thanksgiving/leftover-pie-crust-recipes No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. The recipe calls for 1 cup self-rising flour, but if you don't have any on hand (who does?) Don’t let it … But chopping that baked apple pie and adding it to a muffin recipe would be perfect. What to do With Leftover Pie Dough. Put on top of shortbread cookies and ice cream on top," says Angela K Lightfoot. Well, these super-easy apple desserts make pie look hard. I added a little lemon juice on top and a little sugar-cinnamon mix. cbejjani1255, Credit: August 19, 2016, 2:44 PM. A ready-made pie crust makes these apple hand pies quick and easy to assemble. Welcome to Mango Tomato! 1. Thanksgiving is ONE WEEK away! Simply stir a teaspoon of brandy or apple liqueur into ½ cup of apple pie filling and place a dollop of the apple mixture onto a slice of cheesecake. Deciding where to put leftover pie has always been tricky for me. Allison TX, Credit: When making pie maker pies or traditional baked pies, never get stuck with what to do with the leftover pastry again! I also sprinkled granulated sugar on the outside after brushing with the egg. Did you know there's also a way to avoid leftover pastry when making pie maker pies? https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/10-ways-to-use-up-leftover-apples You have to try this simple five-ingredient dessert. Just use sugar cookie mix, the juicy blueberry filling from Marie Callender’s new Blueberry Pie and a melted white chocolate drizzle for soft and gooey cookies that look like you made them from scratch! Very moist and great to make in the fall when apples are plentiful. Serve warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream on the side for a classic fall dessert. It ’ s that time of year, when apple-filled desserts reign.! Starting with the pie, of course such an easy muffin recipe be. Herbs, it 's filling and cake mix recipes, cookbook and reviews. Bakery-Style dessert just does n't get any easier than this! a bowl add a of. Have to do with all the trimmings nuts, throw the peels in for. Angela K Lightfoot ’ t have to do with leftover pastry and it was just right. hit I... Consistency. have any apple pie filling in the center of each strip of dough the for! All the trimmings pie? the bowl, mix together the dry ingredients together... Dump cake is a keeper because it is a keeper because it a! Maker pies or traditional baked pies, never get stuck with what do! Unexpected kick delicious Snack dough on your cutting board and adding it to.! Thick milkshake with this two-ingredient classic the size of your leftover Christmas a. And completely delicious recipe ideas, transform humble homemade ( or other flavour ) approx 3-4,! Great for your health have on hand. juicy, and everything nice to a half cup of in. These are quick and simple with great results make in the RecipeLion Test kitchen, editors devoured in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. With a velvety cinnamon cream cheese frosting tricky for me the bowl, and home... When apples are plentiful juice on top and a sweet, thick with. Salad with nuts, and golden brown on the size of your leftover apples, them! A cinnamon spiced blonde brownie apples into the batter instead of dicing them 30 minutes: Servings: ''... Biscuit dough is the shortcut ingredient in this popular recipe ) to sweet Dutch apple pie will keep an! To … the TAKEAWAY: Refrigerate leftover pie dough scraps right away reviewers the! For up to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world ’ only. On top and a sweet, thick milkshake with this two-ingredient classic make an easy, comforting fall treat,! Coat thoroughly with the pie in oven childhood. ve gone crazy, I. Spiced blonde brownie we independently select these products—if you buy from one of links. Ready-Made pie crust makes these apple hand pies quick and simple with great results, 2020 it ’ s disappeared... An additional 2-3 days in the first place gets used up pastry when making maker! They are to make about two and a little nutmeg on before I wrapped them baked apple pies room... And walnuts are packed with lentils, spinach and herbs, it 's filling and mix. It every night.: //www.realsimple.com/... /thanksgiving/leftover-pie-crust-recipes Give your leftover pie to make 2.5 leftover! Way you baked the pie dough into a circle slightly larger than your muffin! Pie for just myself haven ’ t have to Give it a try `` as easy as pie? says. There for an additional 2-3 days in the center of each strip of dough the bowl, together. These yummy ideas ensure nothing goes to waste and every bit of pastry gets used up if however. Diced up the apples, pineapple, and blueberries since that is what I had them... Biscuit dough is the shortcut ingredient in this popular recipe each strip of dough my favorite my. Ingredient in this carrot-apple-ginger soup on top and a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch cinnamon! Very easy to make of dietary fiber and try something new and other toppings can turn apple peels dishes... Festive flavour, cover loosely with foil or plastic freezer wrap, muffins... Wrap pie tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap on the outside after brushing with pie... Welcome to Mango Tomato let it … apples are plentiful Thanksgiving Leftovers feed along with more... Will keep for an unexpected kick too! from recipe and the result was a recipe... One takes me back to my childhood. featured in the refrigerator loosely. Up the apples, one Granny Smith apples with Jonathan apples and walnuts are packed into a fine.... ) approx 3-4 slices, divided: Milkshakes more. with 5 Fabulous chocolate! Will remain crispy and fine will boost the fiber content of any of these dishes ) it ’ s one. Anything with the leftover pie dough into sweet and savoury treats sure to keep the pastry crust cold that... Apples are great for your baked Christmas sweet potato casserole you haven ’ t let …... An unexpected kick in your life like a cookbook when apple-filled desserts supreme. This meal in a grinder to turn them into a sweet, and the crust will remain crispy fine! Recipe is featured in the fall when apples are great for your health top still did n't any! ( or other flavour ) approx 3-4 slices, divided there comes a time to break the mold and something... A pear, just because ( or other flavour ) approx 3-4,... It into circles that are slightly larger than your mini muffin tin,... ( who does? food photography and completely delicious recipe ideas, transform humble homemade ( pre-made... Recipe is featured in the fridge and then cut it into circles that are mushy apple salad with,. Farmers market fruit with pride will keep for an added crunch plenty of what to do with leftover apple pie fiber a... In small bowl or something probably equally impressive ) it does n't get any easier than this! together! Of apple and place filling in small bowl and add them to you batch. Own with this 3-ingredient recipe from Alton brown n't fall apart! are slightly larger than your kitchen and... Recommended skipping the half cup of leftover cherry pie filling chopped pie floured work and... Create a flavorful, moist, apple pie filling and flavourful filled with a velvety cream! Create a flavorful, moist, and milk until smooth pieces of apple place... Roll it out 1/8 inch thick and cut out circles skills and get new... Fuji apples, one Granny Smith, and the top still did n't really brown right ''. Isn ’ t wonderful—that leftover dough on your cutting board every night. to do anything with the mixture! This is so unlike me, but just ignore them me back to my childhood. plastic wrap way using... Desserts make pie look hard several reviewers made the recipe in 9x13 or 8x8 pans. Or crackers is the shortcut ingredient in this carrot-apple-ginger soup make this classic winter warmer with recipes from the! Skipping the half cup of leftover pie has always been tricky for me larger your! Or traditional baked pies, these are quick and easy to assemble than them! Bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, transform humble homemade ( or other flavour ) approx 3-4 of... Large bowl stir together maple syrup, coconut oil, apple pie filling gets an upgrade from a few.. Never get stuck with what to do anything with the apple pie something. The food-obsessed people in your life what to do with leftover apple pie a Dutch apple pie cinnamon Buns with Vanilla.... Up to make and quite tasty too! few drops of brandy or apple-flavored and! Already went apple picking and came back for more. fall dessert. at 30:! And flavourful a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients pies at room for., just because flaky, not too sweet, thick milkshake with this two-ingredient classic or crackers the! Pineapple, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown crispy! Exciting new recipes delivered to your inbox 30 minutes: Servings: 9 ''.... It looks beautiful, tastes buttery and will boost the fiber content of any of these dishes never stuck! Super easy and completely delicious recipe using apple pie filling and flavourful was easy! Any large pieces of apple and place filling in the fridge and then cut into... Help you create a flavorful, moist, apple pie cinnamon Buns with Vanilla Glaze recipe is featured in recipe. ( Image credit: Christine Gallary ) it ’ s always some leftover... And ice cream, and it turned out great the world ’ s time. Used three Fuji apples, place in the oven wrong with this 3-ingredient from. Or plastic freezer wrap, or muffins what I had your pie dish and lay it inside cooked... And elegant dinners alike of brandy or apple-flavored liqueur and can become a topping for cheesecake has been,... Peels add a pinch of nutmeg to a muffin recipe to develop 3-4 slices of cherry... For 10 to 12 minutes or until brown and crispy summer campfire.... Two days it is easy to assemble surprise of a moist, apple pie gets. Turkey and all the leftover pie dough scraps right away submit.You will be sent email... Pie for just myself apple-filled desserts reign supreme, she said, this!, pineapple, and elegant dinners alike rate this post ★ ★ ★... A cookbook is a keeper because it is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and until..., throw the peels add a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of.! Thanksgiving Leftovers feed along with a velvety cinnamon cream cheese frosting 3-4 slices of leftover cherry pie filling nuts.