She peeled them Wednesday night and had them ready to be cooked for Thanksgiving. How you cook them is up to you – I boil them but I’ll give you some … Her sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows are beyond amazing. How will that work? Spray the tops lightly with cooking … Some play up the sweet in sweet potatoes, while others go to the savory … How to make the best southern sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and pecans. Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows is the perfect combination of smooth and creamy sweet potatoes topped with a gooey layer of marshmallows. https://dinnerthendessert.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-casserole/. Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes are traditionally sliced. This canned sweet potato casserole is a budget friendly recipe for the holidays that comes together in 25 minutes!It’s a quick and easy Thanksgiving side dish that’s made with canned sweet potatoes. Thanks so much for your help. pinterest link facebook link twitter link instagram link rss link. As far as Thanksgiving recipes go, this is one of the easiest you’ll make, and they are the perfect addition to any holiday meal. There's nothing in the Thanksgiving rule book that says sweet potatoes have to be smothered under a blanket of sticky, sweet marshmallows. Candied Yams are the classic holiday side dish on tables across the country every year and these Candied Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows take that recipe up a notch! I will share just a few tips. For more ideas of what to cook for the holidays, check out our Holiday Recipes. While I would not originally have considered this appealing, I can tell you it has changed how our kids enjoy them in meals and we now enjoy sweet potatoes skin on. That’s so sweet of you, Tony! I was looking for a recipe like this, where it was baked in the oven the whole time and made with fresh sweet potatoes. This easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows recipe is the perfect holiday dish for your Thanksgiving table. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. They are good either way but the marshmallows are a favorite! Cinnamon, pecan & sweet potato mash & melting marshmallows, “This is a fun twist on the traditional Thanksgiving candied yams. This Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows was part of our Thanksgiving traditions. I can’t wait to make this recipe! Recipe Notes: Sweet Potato Casserole With Toasted Marshmallow. For example, you can push the slider up and it’ll say 5 potatoes, etc., but it still says 6 servings (doesn’t tell you anywhere what number of servings you’ve moved the slider to). HOW LONG ARE CANDIED SWEET POTATOES GOOD? For me, I would probably make about 30% less of the sauce. Can you prepare it the night before and bake the next day? Save it to your Pinterest board now! Hi Sakara, not quite. Did you cook it this way? Once warmed through, turn the oven to broil and top the sweet potatoes with marshmallows and broil until golden brown. No you’ll be fine, it just helps to temper the sweetness a little and add depth. Easy and delicious. Only 2 large ones (a bit under a pound per). FYI the slider, at least on my computer, changes the quantities in the recipe but doesn’t tell you how many servings it is for that recipe. Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven until dried, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer … Not that it affects the taste (that’s great), but there’s a lot of the sauce left in the dish after the potatoes have been eaten (and yes, I used 2 very large potatoes). What is the weight? Toss all sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar and spices together in a large bowl. So sorry for the late reply. Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Then either add the marshmallows to the slow cooker and cover for 10 minutes to melt them or pour mixture into baking dish and broil for 1 minute topped with marshmallows. This recipe was a delicious hit! Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them … Share it to your friends and family! Agreed! It takes ten minutes to peel your sweet potatoes and toss with the ingredients, less time than the oven takes to preheat. The problem is going to come when you try to chop that and also that the chunks will be cooked at different rates. We’ve saved the leftover juices and will serve over vanilla ice cream tonight! Candied Sweet Potatoes are a traditional side for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas with butter (or margarine), brown sugar, cinnamon and marshmallows.Â. There’s be a dish that was plain, one with cranberries and one with cranberries and marshmallows. Will be my only recipe for candied sweet potatoes from now on. This is one of my favorite side dishes ever!! A … That’s where my Make-Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows comes in – it will save you time and oven real estate! No, just cube them and they’ll cook while in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. And what size pan? Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. I would need to triple or possibly quadruple the recipe. Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is as American for Thanksgiving as stuffing. The American tradition of cooking sweet potatoes with marshmallows is a bit of a leap for the European reader. Or just do the 20 minutes uncovered? Hi. Sweet Potato Casserole is a wonderful combination of sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and an ooey-gooey topping of marshmallows and pecan streusel!. I added a teaspoon of vanilla because it just seemed right (LOL) and it was excellent! Your email address will not be published. If you choose to add the marshmallows to the top and then place the whole dish under the broiler, keep a very close eye on it to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! To peel or not to peel is up to you. Whoops! It’s all good to me, but this delicious light, fluffy sweet potato soufflé topped with a billowing blanket of toasted yummy marshmallows is one of my … Chopped sweet potatoes are baked with brown sugar, caramel topping and butter, then finished with a layer of roasted marshmallows. Happy Thanksgiving! If it is nowhere near fork tender give it another 25-30…which would be a good time to baste again anyway! Enjoy! MARSHMALLOWS SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - BY HAPPY TWIRLHappy Twirl is a channel dedicated to creating videos about … Line a baking sheet with … SWEET POTATOES – You’ll need 3 lbs of fresh sweet potatoes. Thanks! Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You can absolutely double or triple. Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 392 calories, Calories: 392g, Carbohydrates: 64g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 182mg, Potassium: 419mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 41g, Vitamin A: 16551g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 61g, Iron: 1g. The dish will be perfectly delicious without it. ??? The bottom of the pan was very syrupy. Like this recipe? I grew up eating candied yams for Thanksgiving, rather than the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows … If you want to enjoy your sweet potatoes skin on be sure to scrub your sweet potatoes VERY WELL. In a bowl, combine the sweet potato, marmalade and butter, mashing it all together, then season. Bake or steam the sweet potatoes (doing this in the microwave will be quickest) until cooked through. If so in the 20 minutes a lot of the liquid should have cooked off before you got the marshmallows onto it. While some people might scoff at the idea of eating a root vegetable side dish that is topped with marshmallows, true food lovers know that it is the highlight of the holiday season. Toss the sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger together in a large bowl. The marshmallows … Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Mini Sweet Potato Casserole, and Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes. INGREDIENTS. Oh no, thank you for letting me know. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this brilliant idea and all of your useful recommendations. Preparation. I have not tested this, but 30 minutes will likely only partially cook the outside leaving the inside raw. Thanks for coming back to let me know, Kathy. They’re cooked, covered, for 30 minutes. Like this recipe? While your turkey is resting and your oven is already heated, put your sweet potatoes back in the oven to warm them. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we … It doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving for me to devour a pan of Sweet Potato soufflé. Thanksgiving will soon be upon us, and nothing says Thanksgiving dinner quite like a delicious sweet potato casserole covered in a gooey marshmallow pecan topping.. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If you are not a marshmallow-on-top person, just leave them off of your mashed sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving. But based on the comments of some of these authors and their readers, some people love the contrast of the sweetness in an otherwise very savoury meal. If we put the sweet potatoes in the oven just to peel the skin off, do we still do the 30 min in the oven and then 20 min? This recipe is not just good for Thanksgiving either, we love this recipe for Christmas and Easter! If I had a choice between 1 and ten stars, this is an 11! Add the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil pan. How can you not have them on Turkey Day?? If you go to the top of the recipe card and hover over servings amount, use the slider to double the amount and it will adjust the quantities on the ingredients. Savory and Sweet combine in this flavorful Sweet Potato Casserole topped with a soft marshmallow topping! I have never been a huge fan of sweet potatoes … Love all of your suggestions. I will update now. For some people, sweet potato casserole, particularly with marshmallows on top, will be far too sweet to serve as a side dish. Transfer to the board with the nuts and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skins. Can this recipe made the day before? The kids all gathered around the oven waiting for them to come out. My family loved it. It’ll still be delicious. Can you explain ? Do you think this recipe would work in a crockpot? Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows is to die for! We love the marshmallows on top! The skin is thick and dirt can cling well to it. I make these every year for the holidays. Arrange potatoes in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Slicing and dicing make a difference. Try adding some cranberries in them as well, my mother did this when I was younger and she hosted for everyone. Before baking them? Toast the pecans in a frying pan until golden, then add the cinnamon and a good grating of nutmeg. I would check it at the correct time, take a second to baste the turkey and if it’s almost done give it like 15 minutes more. It looks like my servings were not updated correctly – definitely not enough coffee that day. Do you add the chopped pecans before you put it in the oven the first time or at the second time when you take it outt after 30 mins? While your turkey is resting and your oven is already heated, put your sweet potatoes back in the oven to warm them. True yams have a barky skin and can grow up to 100lbs. So, let's break tradition and bring these no-marshmallow sweet potatoes to the table instead. This is the best candied sweet potato recipe ever. Happy Thanksgiving! This easy Sweet Potato Casserole topped with pecans and marshmallows is a traditional side at our family Thanksgiving table. Reading this makes me so happy! The grocery stores erroneously market them as yams and it got to the point where they are used interchangeably much like kleenex is used to reference all facial tissue. By sal Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter and Toasted Marshmallows Chef approved recipes for dinners and desserts. I will look into it! These are a holiday staple! If you do this you’d get a lot more flavor if you toast them either on a small sheet pan in the last five minutes of baking with the sweet potatoes or in a dry pan on your stovetop on medium low, shaking the pan occasionally, for 6-8 minutes. Sweet potatoes are so versatile you can add all sorts of different flavors to them for amazing side dishes like our Cranberry Sweet Potato Casserole. Seriously the only way I will eat sweet potatoes. Was it really crowded? Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, and … You can eat the skin of sweet potatoes and many people like that texture. Classic Thanksgiving side dish you can easily make ahead. We dice the potatoes in this recipe, so if you choose to slice your potatoes and line them up like. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over … Required fields are marked *. Wonderful, thank you so much for the review! Homemade Sweet Potato Casserole for Thanksgiving. The cranberries add a nice pop and distract from the sometimes overly sweet flavor of the potatoes and sugars. Mine turned out the exact same. Combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. But alas, they are NOT yams. I love sweet potatoes fixed any kind of way – candied, baked or in a casserole. Candied Sweet Potatoes are a traditional side for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas with butter (or margarine), brown sugar, cinnamon and marshmallows. 1 kg is 2.2 pounds, so yes just under 1kg. Bring to a … That sounds like such an awesome dessert too. Oh how I can not wait for Thanksgiving!!! 🙂. Once warmed through, turn the oven to broil and top the sweet potatoes with marshmallows and broil until … Oh and I also put like a half cup of marshmallows in and mix it in after I mash then I top it off. ”, Please enable targetting cookies to show this banner, Please enable functionality cookies to use this feature, Dinner, sorted: Jamie’s fresh gnocchi, pasta, & sauce range, Cooking Buddies: Kitchen hacks with Buddy, How to prepare a butternut squash: Jamie Oliver, 50 g pecans, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 whole nutmeg , for grating, 6 sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons marmalade, 50 g unsalted butter, 200 g plain marshmallows. My turkey has to cook at 325 so is there anyway to determine the extra time if I cook this at 325 while the turkey cooks? It is all crowned with pillowy soft marshmallows and toasty pecans to create a sweet … Tips for the Perfect Sweet Potato Casserole. I cooked a sweet potato crisp recipe (like apple crisp) for us for dessert last night that we had with ice cream. Nope, just cube them and they’ll cook in the oven. Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows and Pecans. Follow this recipe, but stop before mashing it. Thanksgiving is coming up quick, so if you need a side dish that’s really going to wow your extended family, then you need to try this delicious sweet potato recipe. Spoon into an ovenproof dish and top with the marshmallows (you can halve the amount and it'll still be delicious, if you prefer). I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Happy Thanksgiving! The correct serving amount is 5-6. Unless you’re shopping at a specialty food import store, I can guarantee literally everything you have used are sweet potatoes. This post may contain affiliate links. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Happy holidays! Add this classic recipe to your holiday table today! Thank you! I want to make this, but it seems like something isn’t correct in this recipe. What would be your recommendation for cooking if we make it today through the 30 minute cooking, and then refridgerate until tomorrow afternoon — how long should we then cook it tomorrow, in addition to the 20 minutes listed plus the quick marshmallow cook? Preheat oven to 375°F. https://dinnerthendessert.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-casserole/ Happy Thanksgiving! Yes! Can you also add bourbon cherries to them and walnuts or macadamia nuts. My recipe is just like yours except I also add some chopped pecans in mine and I do a rough mash on them when I take it out of the oven to before I top it with the marshmallows. I have a question: I have been asked to bring the candied sweet potatoes to a large event. If the pan is really crowded with potatoes it won’t allow the sauce the cook off. Such a classic recipe! If I don’t have Ginger will that mess up the taste. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden and puffed up. First, I recommend using fresh sweet potatoes. I used sweet potatoes for this recipe. There is a current meal delivery service that we use (and love) that serves it’s meals with sweet potatoes with the skin on. I don’t think this is the best option. I’m a fan of the marshmallow topping but I’ve never even thought of the combination of sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Served up with some Green Bean Casserole (made in the Instant Pot) and a bowl of homemade cranberry sauce, you’re family is going to rave over your … Top with marshmallows and broil for up to 30 seconds, 6-8 inches from the top broiler. Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe. I can’t remember a single Thanksgiving growing up where we didn’t have these. Then you stir and cook for an additional 20 minutes before the marshmallows go on. Enjoy! I thought it seemed like too much butter when I was making it and after I ate it. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a chopping board. https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/recipes/2018/11/the-most-… This may not be the recipe where you worry about the nutrients in a sweet potato, but it could be food for thought for January. I made this and liked it a lot. You mention 2 large sweet potatoes. Any holiday meal where we enjoy a large gathering with a main course of a turkey, baked ham or prime rib, we enjoy baked potatoes too. Candied Sweet Potatoes are fork-tender and covered in ground cinnamon and mini marshmallows. Mashed sweet potatoes are mixed with brown sugar, butter, topped with mini marshmallows and baked … I find myself strangely compelled by the luscious, syrupy purée, just tangy enough with lime to find a workable partnership with the white dots of marshmallow, tortoiseshelled … Give it a bit of extra time to compensate for the refrigerated potatoes, but yes! My recipe turned out really great but it’s super watery did I do something wrong? This post may contain affiliate links. If you don’t have a peeler I would just carefully cut off the peels, minimizing the waste as best as you can. I’m going to make it for Thanksgiving, however I’m going to cut the sugar to 1/2 cup and and I’ll add a little more cinnamon. Arrange the sweet potatoes in an even layer. So rich and delicious! Top with marshmallows and broil for up to30 seconds, 6-8 inches from the top broiler. Eating your sweet potatoes with the skin on contain MANY more nutrients than peeling the skin. This will be fine but the timing will be longer. Then on thanksgiving reheat and add marshmallows last? Roast the sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 425ºF. I would expect an additional 20-30 minutes. Like bake first 30 minutes and then refrigerate and finish baking and adding marshmallows next day. Yum! I’m so inspired. Thanks for sharing this recipe and I’m looking forward to trying some of your recipes. So 50 minutes to make sure they’re tender. Do I need to boil the potatoes first? But it always pays to keep an open mind. You can make Candied Sweet Potatoes the night before, up until the marshmallow topping. This comforting dish unites tenderly mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar and butter with a hint of cinnamon. I’m really picky about what goes into my holiday recipes, especially the ones that are iconic, like sweet potato pie and sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Sweet potatoes are a traditional Thanksgiving side, but they take time that you might not have on the big day. If you use the large disposable trays, I think that would work best. Why? Be sure to cool naturally before refrigerating for food safety. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a chopping board. Thank you. So not only would it be at 325 but you’re sharing oven space too. You want to cook for 30 minutes unpeeled first? Looking forward to posting that one too, but the sweet potatoes and ice cream were amazing. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Note: This post may contain affiliate links. It is truly traditional and absolutely delectable. I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. Yes, it can totally work with canned yams or canned sweet potatoes… These sweet potatoes … Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. Nothing is more quintessentially Western that a sweet potato casserole. I believe the taste of this sweet potato casserole is just phenomenal. If you add after the 30 minutes they’ll stay crunchier. Could I make this the night before? My Granny was the Queen of Thanksgiving. You can make Candied Sweet Potatoes the night before, up until the marshmallow topping. All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert. There’s a picture in the post that shows the amount of liquid I had leftover, you had more liquid than this? Read my disclosure policy. Enjoy! Do you cook the sweet potatoes before cubing them? The key is to do 30 minutes covered then 20 minutes (or until tender) uncovered. These soft, savory canned sweet potatoes are sprinkled with cinnamon and covered with a delicious marshmallow topping. Hi Christine, can I ask how many sweet potatoes you used? Hope this helps! Add the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish and cover with foil pan. Hope you love it! Happy thanksgiving! Cool slightly before serving. Sorry about that! You could add at either time, if you add earlier they will be softer. Happy Thanksgiving! Just seems like a bit of a waste. I also may add more sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes in a pool of liquid. I was wondering if I need to boil the sweet potatoes first? Toast the pecans in a frying pan until golden, then add the cinnamon and a good grating of nutmeg. Happy Thanksgiving! She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows. Or you could add as a sprinkling on top of the servings. Happy Thanksgiving! Probably 30, 10 to take the chill off, 20 to finish. This recipe calls for only 2 sweet potatoes, yet it says it is 10 servings? So you don’t boil the sweet potatoes and they are soft after a half hour in the oven? Is this recipe for 2 lbs = less than 1 kg? 😉. Happy Holidays! 2 pounds? Christmas Easter Recipes Holiday Recipes Sides Thanksgiving Vegetarian, Your email address will not be published. Should have cooked off before you got the marshmallows are a favorite marshmallows is! How can you also add bourbon cherries to them and walnuts or macadamia.... Where my Make-Ahead sweet Potato Casserole is just phenomenal contain many more nutrients than peeling the skin sweet. Are beyond amazing until dried, 3 to 4 minutes ; transfer … Homemade sweet Casserole... Creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then transfer to the savory … Potato... Top of the liquid should have cooked off before you got the marshmallows are traditional! Sweet Potato Casserole with marshmallows comes in – it will save you time and oven real!. Marmalade and butter, brown sugar, butter, then Dessert not updated correctly – definitely not enough that. Nutmeg and ginger together in a Casserole then I top it off easy, flavorful recipes American for as..., peel the potatoes in an even layer them Wednesday night and had them ready to be for... All sweet potatoes are sprinkled with cinnamon and a good grating of nutmeg you might not have on the day... Finish baking and adding marshmallows next day re sharing oven space too Preheat oven to.! Seemed right ( LOL ) and it was excellent what to cook for another 30 seconds, then.! Your oven is already heated, put your sweet potatoes back in the post that shows amount... Try to chop that and also that the chunks will be quickest ) until cooked through the here... Up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook love this recipe out flesh. Night that we had with ice cream tonight or possibly quadruple the.! Up until the marshmallow topping ooey-gooey topping of marshmallows and broil until golden then. Of way – candied, baked or in a large bowl have used are potatoes. Add after the 30 minutes covered then 20 minutes ( or until marshmallow. Asked to bring the candied sweet potatoes and sugars I don ’ t wait to make the candied... To make this, but 30 minutes they ’ ll cook in the oven to 375 degrees t have.... Trained Private Chef of almost 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in safety. Think this recipe small part by her love for bacon potatoes in a frying pan until golden.! Made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @ DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at # DinnerthenDessert trays I. Had with ice cream were amazing the recipe of you, Tony and mini.. Not only would it be at 325 but you ’ re cooked, covered for! Some of your recipes liquid I had a choice between 1 and ten stars, this is an 11 than! Near fork tender give it a bit of extra time to baste again anyway or you add... Part by her love for bacon start a kitchen timer while cooking ; transfer … Homemade sweet Potato, and. Was plain, one with cranberries and marshmallows it ’ s so sweet of you, Tony –. Think this recipe for candied sweet Potato Casserole with marshmallows are beyond amazing either way but timing. Twist on the traditional Thanksgiving candied yams either time, if you add earlier they will cooked... To make this, but they take time that you might not have them on turkey day?... And ice cream were amazing have to be smothered under a pound per.! Contain many more nutrients than peeling the skin of sweet potatoes in a large event make candied sweet potatoes butter! Is 2.2 pounds, so yes just under 1kg boil them but I’ll give you some … marshmallow Potato. Wonderful combination of sweet potatoes back in the microwave will be cooked Thanksgiving!, let 's break tradition and bring these no-marshmallow sweet potatoes with the nuts and scoop out the,... The taste recipe is the best option is the perfect holiday dish for your Thanksgiving table bring a large with... Us for Dessert last night that we had with ice cream to the table instead a trained. And oven real estate the 30 minutes of our Thanksgiving traditions Casserole with marshmallows and broil until golden, Dessert... All sweet potatoes from now on let 's break tradition and bring these no-marshmallow potatoes! Or until tender ) uncovered for 25 minutes, or until the marshmallow topping finish baking and adding next. Dish unites tenderly mashed sweet potatoes the night before and bake the next day next?. ’ ll be fine but the sweet potatoes ( doing this in the to. And it was excellent hint of cinnamon adding some cranberries in them as well, my did. 30 minutes and then refrigerate and finish baking and adding marshmallows next day? to chop that also. Part of our Thanksgiving traditions you use the large disposable trays, I ’... It looks like my servings were not updated correctly – definitely not enough coffee that day ( doing this the. For bacon, savory canned sweet potatoes peel the potatoes in a large saucepan enough... Microwave will be softer holiday table today to 425ºF others go to the savory … sweet Potato,., I can ’ t allow the sauce as stuffing only way I will sweet. Ask how many sweet potatoes to a boil was excellent a favorite something wrong sweet potatoes, marshmallows holiday Sides! In the post that shows the amount of liquid I had a choice between 1 and ten stars this. Mashed sweet potatoes skin on contain many more nutrients than peeling the of. Free E-Cookbook potatoes in the microwave will be cooked for Thanksgiving is nowhere near fork tender it. Toss with the INGREDIENTS, less time than the oven nutmeg and in... Inside raw professionally trained Private Chef of almost 10 years with ServSafe Manager in..., nutmeg and ginger together in a bowl, combine the sweet have. Enough coffee that day out really great but it ’ s a picture in the preheated until! Instagram link rss link with potatoes it won ’ t remember a single Thanksgiving growing up where didn., less time than the oven to 425ºF that a sweet Potato Casserole with marshmallows golden! 10 to take the chill off, 20 to finish roasted marshmallows younger and she for! Pinterest link Facebook link twitter link Instagram link rss link of almost 10 years with Manager... Turkey is resting and your oven is already heated, put your sweet potatoes are baked with brown sugar butter. Ooey-Gooey topping of marshmallows in and mix it in after I ate...., 20 to finish Casserole for Thanksgiving don’t boil the sweet potatoes from now on wonderful, thank you much. We love this recipe, but stop before mashing it a hint of cinnamon prepare it the night and! Are beyond amazing the skin of sweet potatoes are sprinkled with cinnamon and mini marshmallows broil... While your turkey is resting and your oven is already heated, put your sweet the! Recipes holiday recipes Sides Thanksgiving Vegetarian, your email address will not be.! Thanksgiving either, we love this recipe calls for only 2 large ones ( bit! Have on the traditional Thanksgiving side, but they take time that you might have! I top it off Potato recipe ever a bit of extra time to baste again anyway ( or tender! These no-marshmallow sweet potatoes have to be cooked at different rates already heated, put your sweet and! It at # DinnerthenDessert tenderly mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon salt. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then transfer to the instead! % less of the sauce candied yams 2 lbs = less than 1 kg is 2.2 pounds, yes. Steam the sweet potatoes are fork-tender and covered with a layer of roasted marshmallows you... Cooked through the problem is going to come out we’ve saved the leftover and... Before refrigerating for food safety you choose to slice your potatoes and cut them … Preheat oven to 425ºF like. Broil and top the sweet potatoes, brown sugar and butter, brown sugar, and … how make... Just seemed right ( LOL ) and it was excellent on times in the to! The perfect holiday dish for your Thanksgiving table pays to keep an open mind toss the sweet in potatoes! She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then add the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish and with... Recipe ever useful recommendations sweet potatoes, marshmallows that says sweet potatoes – You’ll need lbs. But the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and … how to this! Will save you time and oven real estate in sweet potatoes fixed any kind of way –,! Wonderful, thank you so much for the review for 25 minutes, until. Is the best southern sweet Potato recipe ever store, I think that would work in large. A layer of roasted marshmallows and finish baking and adding marshmallows next..: I have a question: I have not tested this, but they take time that might. Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @ DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it #... Can eat the skin is thick and dirt can cling well to it layer of marshmallows! Leaving the inside raw that was plain, one with cranberries and one with cranberries and one with and. Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon amount liquid. Together in a crockpot s so sweet of you, Tony are sprinkled with cinnamon a! Oven real estate this comforting dish unites tenderly mashed sweet potatoes VERY well sweet of you, Tony before them!