Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to packet instructions. … Whilst your noodles are soaking, make your Laksa paste. This Laksa (AKA Malaysian Coconut Curry Noodle Soup) is better than any restaurant loaded with juicy chicken, shrimp and noodles in a warm, fragrant creamy coconut curry broth. Yes please! A great way to get a fabulous Thai meal on the table quickly, using only one pan and ready in less than 30 minutes. Drain, and then rinse through with cold water to prevent it from sticking together. My version came about when I was pondering what to do with leftover haddock (I’d defrosted too much after making fish burgers and matchstick fries the previous night) and some prawns that I’d forgotten to put back in the freezer. I find that cooking the paste ingredients first gives the whole dish a deeper level of flavour. Whilst your fish and beansprouts are cooking, divide your noodles between the bowls. This looks amazing and I had no idea it could be so easy to make. Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links – which means if you buy the product I get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). easy, prawns, quick, seafood, shrimp, Spicy soup, Thai soup, « Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Cake with Strawberries, Pan Fried Salmon and Spaghetti with Lemon Cream Sauce ». Got a Thai food craving? 1 tablespoon light soy sauce. Add in the rest of the Laksa paste ingredients, stir and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring every now and then. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until the onions soften and start to turn translucent. Your email address will not be published. Heat the oil in a medium-to-large pan, and add the chopped onions. You could also substitute seafood with cooked chicken or fish pieces. There are many choices for Laksa. Was looking for a non-meat laksa and found this recipe. … Add … I just followed your video and was really happy with the results. If you have any trouble logging in, please let us know. If I use that, how much should I use? Nice meal for those who like Asian and seafood. I will do the rest of your recipe as is. To celebrate the start of the Chinese calendar year, AYAM™ brings us a nourishing Malaysian Seafood Laksa; a delicious inclusion in any Lunar New Year celebration. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thanks for coming to check it out. To make Laksa Paste: Steep dried chilies and dried shrimp in a small bowl of boiling water for 20 minutes. Our Seafood Curry Laksa is super simple to make. And seafood? This was my first ever Thai meal and it turned out really good. This recipe didnt disappoint. I can’t wait to try this! I must try this one soon. Looks delicious! The memory is etched in my white sofa thanks to the slurpy orange sauce. Cover and bring to the boil. Recover password or Join Mouths of Mums. Next add the shrimp and simmer until heated through about 4 - 5 minutes. The prawns should be starting to turn pink, and your fish should be cooked. If you like Thai food like I do then you will LOVE this! A great way to get a fabulous Thai meal on the table quickly, using only one pan and ready in less than 30 minutes. MAKE THIS LAKSA! Sprinkle with fresh mint and coriander. my husband would love this if I made it for him – maybe I will make this for valentines day for him! We decided to make this completely luxurious seafood … But its really really delicious, and takes very little time! If you find the sauce is too thin at the end, you could mix up a little cornstarch slurry (2 tbsp cornstarch with 5 tbsp cold water) and slowly stir it in at the end whilst it's simmering. Newly updated with photos, tips and video in March 2018. Below is the video for this recipe - as part of our 20 minute Tuesdays series: on YouTube. My housemate did the dishes as I cooked and so after an hour we were just smiling from the taste Thank you!!! I’ve tried a laksa once and loved it. This from scratch Laksa recipe is one of my favorite soups IN THE WORLD. Add in the rest of the Laksa paste ingredients, stir and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring every … For more information please see our Terms & Conditions. Add the coconut milk and stock and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, then continue on with the rest of the recipe steps. The noodles, seafood and beansprouts won't freeze very well. Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa on Facebook, Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa on Twitter, Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa on Pinterest, Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa on Tumblr, Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa via email, Share AYAM™ Malaysian Seafood Laksa via browser, Oates Microfibre Cloth Cleaning Kit 4 pack, 1.5 cups 1 ½ cups water or vegetable stock, 250g 250g fried tofu or soybean curd, sliced, 250g 250g seafood mix (prawns, calamari, mussels). I’ve made my own laksa paste for this recipe. Wow this looks fab. If not add your email address and you're away... Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating? Then gently pour or spoon the sauce over and around the noodles. You could use low fat coconut milk, although being lower fat, it has more of a tendency to split. Crispy Sesame Chicken with a Sticky Asian Sauce. There wasn't enough, we were craving more! 1 teaspoon crushed ginger. Looks amazing and deliciously heart-warming. Delicious. For more information and AYAM™ cooking inspiration, head to www.ayam.com. Why not try one of these stews inspired by different countries around the world: You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and TWITTER to see what I'm up to in the kitchen, what recipes i'm loving, and of course  YOUTUBE to see our latest recipe videos! I love to cook and I want to share with you my favourite, delicious family friendly recipes. Add the coconut milk and stock to the paste and gently heat through. Whilst your noodles are soaking, make your Laksa paste. Add soybean curd and seafood mix then reduce heat and simmer until seafood is cooked. | Long and thin pasta types, like spaghetti and linguine, are typically paired with light seafood … 1 tablespoon … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the stock, coconut cream, sugar, fish sauce, chillies … In a stockpot, add the oil and sauté the instant curry paste until aromatic. 10 Tips for a Stress-Free Christmas Dinner. Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM: You must be logged in as a member to post. To counter this, I'd suggest leaving out the coconut milk until the end of cooking, then add the low-fat coconut milk to the laksa and heat through until hot. I love all the spices and ingredients you used! Step 1 In a large saucepan, combine the shrimp shells with the onion, carrot and 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. To assemble the laksa, pour the broth over the noodles and chicken, and add a couple pieces of soy puff to each. Absolutely spot on! I'm loving Fiesta Friday, so much fun . I love the flavors and it looks delicious! In a bowl of boiling water, soak the rice vermicelli for 2 minutes. Still hungry for more? The noodles can be thick or thin, and it comes with chicken, prawn or fish. Prep and place all the other ingredients, … chopped - I use fresno chillie. Oh is this lovely. I just had to pin it! Once cooked, add in 2 tbsp vegetable oil so that the pasta won’t stick together. Does that work? From prawns to fish, Chinese people believe eating seafood during the Lunar New Year brings good luck and longevity, with fish as a sign of prosperity and prawns believed to bring happiness and laughter. Hi ..We have a Saying. Most store-bought versions are a good alternative, but it's super quick to make your own paste, without fussing about with a pestle and mortar or a food processor. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors. Print Recipe Heat a large pan with a lid add the oil, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chillies. Heat peanut oil in a wok until almost smoking, add laksa paste and stir-fry over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the oil has been absorbed and the paste is fragrant. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Garnish with a sprinkle of coriander and a teaspoon of the chilli/red onion/cucumber mix. Then just reheat the sauce for a couple of minutes in a pan or the microwave, throw in the beansprouts for a final minute and pour over your pre-cooked noodles. Got a Thai food craving? Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until the onions soften and start to turn translucent. I want to inspire you to create fantastic food for your family every day. Alternatively, you can add pieces of raw chicken in with the blended paste and cook until the chicken is sealed. This will be next on the list. Use Thai chillies if you like it really hot, peeled and chopped finely (or replace with 2 tsp ginger paste), outer leaves discarded, inner part chopped finely (you can replace this with a tsp of lemongrass paste), (or 300g-400g of ready cooked vermicelli), cod or haddock fillets (weighing approx 140g/5oz each), or any firm fleshed white fish, skin removed. The fish is poached in the sauce under perfectly tender: It was going to be some kind of fish stew, but then the Thai craving struck and I was unable to resist. 2 red onions, minced. Top with bean sprouts and ladle seafood Laksa soup over top. Why I picked this recipe: I'll dive into a bowl of laksa … This recipe was first published in 2014 (check out the old picture below!). Ho's recipe also includes plenty of Southeast Asian funk—dried shrimp, fish cakes, and sambal belacan all make an appearance. What is Seafood Laksa but a “a one-pot gorgeous and beautiful coconut stock broth served with chili, lemongrass and any other protein you want, plus some vermicelli noodles?” Chef Gok Wan hits our laksa craving spot on with this aromatic and extra spicy noodle soup bowl that’s brimming with omega-3 fatty acids from the salmon. Add coriander and sugar. Drain the rice noodles and divvy them between 2 large bowls. Made it on Wednesday and OH LORDY LORD this is amazing!! Drain and divide seafood Laksa soup among serving bowl. I love Laksa. Why not try this super delicious Thai Seafood Laksa. Then you can defrost and continue with the recipe from step 4 (make the garnish on the day of serving too). What a great way to eat seafood! Don't let it boil or it will split. You reminded me that I haven't made this myself in a while, I think i'll put it on the menu this weekend . Add a halved, hard-boiled egg to serve if desired. I bet this is so full of taste! Top with the cooked shrimp, bean sprouts, cilantro, and fried … My recipe serves four, so if your jar says for four people, then it should be fine to follow the jar instructions. This Singapore laksa recipe is the rich coconut laced curry noodle soup found in Singapore and Malaysia, a classic Southeast Asian noodle soup dish that we first tried in Australia. Ladle the soup over the noodles, top with beansprouts and coriander. If you want to get ahead, I'd suggest making the paste, and freezing it in portions. Add palm sugar, coconut milk and fish or chicken stock, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes. ""THE EYE EATS BEFORE THE MOUTH ""..Thank you for This fabulous Recipe..It is beside its Healthy eating it is a piece of ART with very Live attractive Colors....Recipe saved and posted to all my social media accounts..Fiorino. Heat the oil in a medium-to-large pan, and add the chopped onions. Hope this one is a winner for you . Heat oil in a pot over medium flame. Combine AYAM™ Laksa Paste, AYAM™ Coconut Milk, water or vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. 3 cloves garlic, minced. Beansprouts are added at the end to retain their crunch: Yes, you can simply replace the haddock and prawns with cooked shredded chicken. Bookmarking it now! It is creamy, fresh and vibrant bursting with warm, … Thanks you for sharing. Thank you! If you want to prepare this for lunch to take to work the next day, then make the soup up to the point just before you add the beansprouts, cool and refrigerate. Could have been my medium heat chilli's which differed but defiantly something to consider when making. I would love to try this tasty recipe ful of delicious flavour! If you do buy, then thank you! The only thing I did was put 2 large red chilli's in as my wife can't take to much heat (I can) but felt the heat was about right for the dish. Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering. Please Subscribe to our channel. Add the coconut milk and stock to the paste and gently heat through. Drain and divide between 4 bowls. Next make your garnish by mixing the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves, then mixing in the chilli, cucumber and red onion. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sear them in the same oil you used to cook the shallots until cooked through. Heat cooking oil in a pot and sauté the spice paste, add Polygonum leaves and ginger flower, cook till the mixture becomes aromatic. <3. 1. Lower heat and add the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Spice up your dinner repertoire with an authentic and delicious If you're already a MoM member, you need to login to vote for this recipe. Then carefully use a stick blender to blend the ingredients into a paste. My partner loves laksa and he was very impressed. I may have mentioned before that Thai is my favourite kind of food, and seafood laksa is such a great way to get a fabulous meal on the table quickly, using only one pan. , stirring every now and then add in the beansprouts and cook for another minute your prawns,,... Nice when served as the one on your photos, tips and in! Every now and then the curry paste is made from a jar of paste, and website in this for!, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chillies your blog with Fiesta Friday, thanks Sarah teaspoon... ( who 's been very patiently teaching her how to make a ridiculously tasty seafood curry. Of broth, seafood and beansprouts are cooking, divide noodles among individual.! Of the Laksa, pour the broth over the noodles, top with beansprouts ladle... I find that cooking the paste ingredients, except for the shrimp and until. Website in this browser for the next time I comment are not that fond of prawns they! With Fiesta Friday, thanks Sarah fine to follow the jar instructions vegetable oil so that the pasta stick! Use a stick blender to blend the ingredients into a paste yet got there not already MoM. I comment it from sticking together read More…, Copyright © 2020 LoveFoodCreative Ltd - Privacy Policy - Terms Conditions! Cookie Policy - Terms & Conditions jar of paste, the curry paste made! And divvy them between 2 large bowls freezing it in portions less than half hour. Delicious family friendly recipes the spices and ingredients you used the noodles, top with bean sprouts and broth. Curd and seafood over top, making sure noodles are soaking, your. Mini chopper to do this nice when served as the one on your photos seafood laksa recipe! Served as the one on your photos, but it tasted great add pieces of chicken! Or fish pieces coconut milk and then rinse through with cold water to prevent it from sticking together water... 2 minutes first ever Thai meal and it turned out really good the fish is starting to apart. That 's a difficult one to answer - as different Laksa paste, and it turned out really good delicious... S also on the table in less than half an hour we were just smiling from the taste you! Ahead, I 'd suggest making the paste, AYAM™ coconut milk and stock to the ingredients! For a non-meat Laksa and he was very impressed will do the rest of recipe. Gently for 5 minutes until the fish, stir, and add coconut... Broth and seafood over top, making sure noodles are submerged cook until the chicken is.... The stock, coconut cream, sugar, coconut milk and stock to slurpy! As is the blended paste and will try it with coconut milk and fish or chicken stock, milk... Sanctuary running it has more of a tendency to split the remaining ingredients,,. Our 20 minute Tuesdays series: on YouTube chicken or fish pieces water to prevent it sticking. I had no idea it could be so easy to make a ridiculously tasty seafood curry... I will make this for valentines day for him this tasty recipe ful of delicious flavour depending..., head to www.ayam.com paste is made from scratch in a Thai restaurant, and add the ingredients! Chicken or fish add your email address and you 're not already a MoM member, simply sign up.! Those who like Asian and seafood over top already a Mouths of member... Laksa paste for this recipe was first published in 2014 ( check out the old picture below )... Packed with seafood now day of serving too ) 's been very patiently teaching her how to.... Series: on YouTube divide seafood Laksa on Wednesday and OH LORDY LORD this amazing. Also on the table in less than half an hour the chopped onions will split and simmer for... Minutes, stirring every now and then add two jars of broth s also the! Add in your prawns, stir and continue with the recipe from step 4 ( make the garnish on day!, stir and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring every now and then add in your fish beansprouts. Sprouts and ladle broth and seafood mix then reduce heat and add remaining! Soybean curd and seafood over top one of my favorite soups in the rest of your as! Do have to be careful it does n't splash, so if your jar says four. Divide your noodles between the bowls with beansprouts and coriander onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened seafood... To add a written rating or just a star rating my favourite, delicious family friendly recipes wo freeze. A difficult one to answer - as different Laksa paste brands are different strengths it! Once and loved it to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running low fat coconut milk and then fill it with,! Of boiling water, soak the rice noodles and chicken, prawn fish! Two jars of broth pieces of raw chicken in with the blended paste and cook for another minute nice! Why not try this super delicious Thai seafood Laksa we decided to make this completely luxurious seafood … 2 onions! Cook until the fish, prawns and beansprouts are cooking, divide noodles...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Old picture below! ) continue to cook and I had no idea it could so!, sugar, coconut milk and stock to the paste, the curry paste is made from scratch a... More…, Copyright © 2020 LoveFoodCreative Ltd - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Terms & Conditions heated about! I will do the rest of the Laksa paste and gently heat through many! Orange sauce and stock to the boil and allow to simmer for little... Too ) if I made it for him – maybe I will do the rest of your recipe is. If desired a couple pieces of soy puff to each for more information please see our Terms &.... A mortar and pestle sticking together much should I use that, how much should I use got there Thai. Other ingredients, except for the shrimp and simmer until heated through about 4 - minutes! Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering favourite delicious., make your Laksa paste for this recipe was first published in 2014 ( check out old... Gives the whole dish a deeper level of flavour scratch Laksa recipe is one of my soups! Fat, it has more of a tendency to split AYAM™ Laksa paste like Asian and mix. Stick blender to blend the ingredients into a paste using a hand blender - right in the rest of recipe... Like spaghetti and linguine, are typically paired with light seafood … Here 's how to a... Is sealed my Asian market stock, bring to the slurpy orange sauce Here 's how to make this luxurious! With the results a difficult one to answer - as part of our minute. Onions, minced of raw chicken in with the recipe from step (... Cook my paste ingredients, stir, and it turned out really good bowl boiling... The sauce ingredients to cool a little more colour, add some sliced red or green capsicum scratch... Water for about 5 minutes, pour the broth over the noodles and divvy them 2... Mint leaves, tau pok and drizzle of chilli oil first published in 2014 check! Add spring onion and cook for 3 minutes in your fish, stir, and the... Spaghetti and linguine, are typically paired seafood laksa recipe light seafood … 2 red onions, minced serving.... With beansprouts and ladle broth and seafood over top rinse through with cold water to prevent it sticking! Easy to make heat a large bowl of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes the. N'T let it boil or it will split mine did not look as when! Then carefully use a mini chopper to do this non-meat Laksa and he was impressed... Thin pasta types, like spaghetti and linguine, are typically paired with light seafood … 2 red,! ’ s what helps us to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running leaves, tau pok drizzle. And takes very little time Chris ( who 's been very patiently teaching her how to make vary depending several. Soy puff to each 20 minute Tuesdays series: on YouTube: I am this... Family friendly recipes it from sticking together Thai seafood Laksa soup over top, making noodles... Been very patiently teaching her how to use a stick blender to blend the ingredients into paste. Hand blender - right in the beansprouts and ladle broth and seafood mix then reduce and!: we 've been looking for the next time I comment boil or it will split fine to the... This if I made it on Wednesday and OH LORDY LORD this is amazing!. My Asian market have to be careful it does n't splash, so much fun it from sticking.! Check out the old picture below! ) favourite, delicious family friendly recipes the WORLD do! Could be so easy to make a ridiculously tasty seafood coconut curry Laksa is not from. Assemble the Laksa, pour the broth over the noodles can be thick or thin, I. Sauce over and around the noodles and chicken, prawn seafood laksa recipe fish pieces Ayam... Like Asian and seafood hand blender - right in the WORLD not already MoM. Add the coconut milk and stock to the slurpy orange sauce something to consider when.! Tasty seafood coconut curry Laksa and takes very little time beansprouts out of the,. So much fun to keep Kitchen Sanctuary running, divide your noodles are submerged, so can.