Mayonnaise-based salads like potato salad, macaroni salad and coleslaw are familiarly grouped with ham. This ham salad recipe is creamy, tangy, and utterly delicious. The salad is made with crisp, fresh iceberg lettuce and other vegetables, and of course, Kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and good quality feta cheese. Cold ham salad is another mayonnaise-based salad. Some people like to blitz the heck out of the ham, creating a mush-like consistency. My mom died last year and I was going through some of her stuff the other night when I came across her hand written (kinda) recipe for ham salad that was passed to her by my grandmother. I’m looking forward to ham leftovers soon, so I can make this again. Enjoy – and best wishes with the bridal shower! This ham salad recipe; however, this is an upscale version and just what I was looking for to compliment the menu I am serving for a beautiful bridal shower i am hosting in June. chopped cooked ham (I recommend a good smoked ham), ½ c. sweet pickle relish, drained from the jar with a slotted spoon, 1 T. minced fresh dill (use more if you really like dill), ¼ tsp. 1/ 4 lb grated Cheddar cheese. But because it's usually pre-cooked, it doesn't have to be reserved for special occasions. Whenever you’re anticipating some good holiday ham leftovers, this recipe has you covered. Especially good with fried fish. What an incredible breakfast recipe idea. This simple, flavorful salad adds tang and spice to the warm, sweet flavor of ham and leaves room for the heavier sides that often accompany the ham dinner. Consider these best-ever side dish for ham when you plan your Easter meal. LOVE this. But the conversation also got me thinkin’. Similar salad recipes are loaded with mayonnaise. I don’t remember my mom making it, but my aunt Mary sure did. Browse our collection to find side dishes for ham your whole guest list will love. See our. Dress up a platter of sliced deli ham and hard rolls with a bowl of broccoli salad; the spicy flavor and aroma of onions, vinegar and sugar heighten the light sweetness of the ham. I went through my freezer and cupboards, throwing in what I thought would go well together. Fresh leafy greens of any type make a good salad with just a few ingredients and a light dressing. I have not tasted it for decades but both my father and I crooned about it. Quick Cooker Red Potato Salad A classic cold potato salad is another great match up with warm ham. I’m trapped in town these days but WILL get back where I belong sooner or later! A vegetable-and-rice casserole is familiar and satisfying, much like a smoked ham. I followed this recipe. 1 medium onion, chopped. Another dish that I usually pair potato salad with is lemon roasted chicken. Carrot soufflé, shaved asparagus salad, and warm spinach salad with smoky pecans and cubed sweet potatoes are among the more exotic sides that pair well with ham. Also good served on a plate of fresh greens. It was a sandwich spread I could count on at each of my cousin’s graduation parties. Loved the fresh herbs and cayenne. Broccoli salad, which combines fresh, chopped broccoli with shredded cheese and chopped onions, goes well with cold, sliced ham left over from Sunday dinner. Blake says it’s the best he’s ever had. Cornbread salad, made with chopped ham, corn and crumbled, cooked cornbread, combines the ingredients for a ham dinner with cheese and dressing for the contrast of sweet and zesty that works so well with ham. However, I long for the day that I get a place in the country, with a real kitchen and garage, so that we can all live together in harmony! Ham and White Bean Soup. 1 lb. The best leftovers ham sandwich I have ever made! But it’s easy to end up with potatoes that are too soggy or too crunchy when you make them yourself. Well, what do YOU like to eat with ham? This salad is a combination I have been mucking about with for years. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a31752669/ham-salad-recipe The whole point of a ham sandwich is to be simple but hearty. Simply delicious. My aunt’s ham salad, though. Forest Salad with Warm Plum and Coriander Dressing. https://www.ehow.com/info_8329303_salads-go-ham-dinner.html 1/ 2 cup presifted flour. For plant based, try Roasted Asparagus or Sauteed Asparagus. Most mayonnaise-based salads are cold, but the recipe for cooked vegetable salad adds mayonnaise to a mix of boiled and chopped potatoes and carrots; green peas and chopped apples; and hard-boiled eggs seasoned with salt, pepper and a little mustard. One of those exceptions was my aunt’s ham salad. It was time I made my own version of this recipe. Here are a couple more ways to use leftover ham: Ham and Cheese Biscuits from Spicy Southern Kitchen and Ham and Sweet Potato Soup from Diethood. Lol!) The salad is deep, colourful, crunchy and clean. I may try and put a jalapeno in next time. Mary also offered her famous tiger meat, a rare find at most gatherings, especially nowadays, and one that I can’t personally vouch for. This was not my aunt’s salad but just as delicious. Thanks, Aggie! Cold vegetable choices are good for casual meals and for picnics. Good Ham Bean Soup. Whether you decide on a basic green salad or one that is chock full of flavorful ingredients, a combination of sweet, spicy and tart is a worthy partner with ham. This salad goes well with an informal cold or hot ham dinner. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. The fresh herbs add both color and flavor. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. 1 cup cream-style corn. With ham in hand, it’s time for the side dishes, and each of these will work beautifully with your main course. My outdoor team consists of 2 charcoal grills, 1 gas grill and my electric smoker along with their various accessories and covers. It's great for leftover ham and a snap to make! The recipe offered by Mel's Kitchen Café includes crumbled bacon and a dressing made with mayonnaise, sugar and a dash of vinegar. I’ll probably be getting a ham over the Christmas break so I’m definitely going to make this with the leftovers. This salad is a fun way to change up your usual black-eyed peas side. (Ok, well maybe I don’t promise because not everyone likes what I … The crunchy apple and pear with the peppery kick of the watercress adds a good punch to any meal. These veggies, greens, and grains make for wonderful pairs to ham, no matter the holiday. My truck (what 50 year old farm kid worth his salt wouldn’t have a pickup? Use orange or grapefruit slices in a green salad to do this, or dress the salad with a tangy pomegranate molasses, honey mustard or balsamic vinaigrette. It’s topped with a generous portion of roast beef, Virginia ham, and genoa salami – but adding that is optional if you prefer your salad without meat. Zesty and delicious, lemon roasted chicken is packed with flavor. The lunch is tomorrow and I am sure her and her husband will love it!! Serve macaroni salad with a ham sandwich and you’ll have the most satisfying meal! 1 cup corn meal. I love this recipe. Below are suggestions of what to serve with ham for a holiday supper. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/dishtype/salad Kraft's recipe for a salad made with kale and romaine lettuce includes cooked and cubed potatoes, cucumbers and radishes. I’ll smoke it all day Saturday then serve it to my kids, grands and even my ex-wife on Easter. Along with the traditional sweet pickle relish, I folded in plenty of fresh herbs. A layered salad served in a glass bowl adds to your table's beauty with ruffles of green surrounding the colorful ingredients. lives in one and my “outdoor cooking team” along with my tools lives in the other. 1 / 7. No wonder so many of us run to the grocery store deli for this side dish. Salads as side dishes for ham open up a world of flavors, textures, colors and aromas to accompany the usual sides. Pair ham with a sweet carrot, apple and raisin salad, or a chilled broccoli salad made with bacon, sunflower seeds, raisins and shredded cheddar cheese dressed in a bit of mayonnaise. All Cheryl and Jessica could do was scrunch up their faces in disgust. As a child I HATED meat with few exceptions. Blistered Green Beans with Pickled Shallots and Toasted Breadcrumbs. This easy ham salad recipe is great for leftover ham and a snap to make! Super-fast and easy watercress salad that you can throw together for the perfect side dish to a juicy grilled steak or charred lamb chops. Cooked veggies, like sautéed green beans and roasted carrots, are always welcomed next to a ham dinner. 15 of 20 Patate Prezzemolate (Vegan Italian Potato Salad) This post was previously published in 2015. Just think about a hot summer day in the backyard, with a plate of chilled cucumber slices and this creamy sandwich spread. And I have to agree. It’ll take all day Saturday but I can do that in my elecric smoker…I know what wood to use…nothing better to do Saturday anyway! I’ve missed it. It’s definitely a good reason to make sure you have some leftover ham – I love the salty and creamy combo! When planning on what to serve with ham, I like to decide on make ahead side dishes first. Make the ham salad or just add cubed ham to any of the traditional mayonnaise-based salads -- potato or macaroni -- or add the ham to the broccoli salad. So glad to know you like the ham salad!! We always raised a few hogs and steers and moms recipe calls for my granpas smoked ham. Although a salad can stand alone with a plate of ham, choose the best salad for the occasion and for the other dishes being served. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Deep South Dish: Old Fashioned Seven-Layer Salad. I also rent 2 storage units about a block away. It was late at night so I just chopped all the veggies and pulsed them in the processor also. I don't think there's a salad anywhere like it and I KNOW there's not a better salad match for a baked ham.. Whether you prefer bright vegetables, potatoes, or something with whole grains, here are 30 side dishes for Christmas ham to round out your holiday dinner. Pass me a tall, cold glass of lemonade, please! —Stacey Cornell, Saratoga Springs, New York For instance, chop and mix together tomatoes, green peas, corn kernels and chopped green onions and toss the mixed vegetables in the sweet and tangy vinaigrette until well coated. I think I’ll make it again next week. When I get home from work Monday is when the real fun will start…experimenting with ingredients to perfect moms and grandmas recipe! If the boiled eggs and bacon bits of the traditional seven-layer salad seem a bit much for a ham dinner, layer any combination of ingredients that suits your fancy. Spice up the mustard with a pinch of red pepper and a dash of sugar to complement warmed-up honey-baked ham served at a repeat performance after a holiday dinner. Oh…I forgot to say that since I currently live in an apartment my kitchen is a galley style with no room at all! This timeless salad has everything anyone can ask for in a side dish. I laughed it off, knowing their opinions wouldn’t stop me from those gas station sammies in the future. Or, make it into a salad: Asparagus Salad with Feta. But I also highly recommend noshing on crackers and cucumber slices topped with this salad mixture. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. Thanks for sharing. That sounds like such a great lunch! But it got me wanting ham salad! I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. There was such an amazing layering of the flavor. Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl. Creamy, savory, and hearty: nothing beats the classic macaroni salad. Good side dishes to serve with ham include classic pairings like scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, glazed carrots and macaroni and cheese. You get a small tubs worth for about $5.00. slaghter house) today and picked out a 9# fresh picnic roast. Complete with pasta, eggs, pickles, onion, bell pepper, mayo, and mustard, it has all the works! Make the salad with just fruit, nuts and a thin dressing for binding or add the fruit and nuts to a leafy green or broccoli salad. Take care to not … I also made some coleslaw and lattice cut potato chips and a watermelon salad for dessert. You can get your ham bone from the butcher, since they will often give them away or sell them very cheaply, or you can use a leftover bone from a ham that you have served for dinner. Honey, mustard powder, and butter give roasted red potatoes a subtly sweet-but-sharp flavor that would pair well with ham. Oh my! Pasta salad with vegetables tossed in a warm, rich dressing sits well on a plate with ham. I love ham salad , but I would just go and buy it at the deli . Cold salads can round out the nutritional profile of a deli-sandwich lunch without adding unwanted fat and fillers. Then add apricot curry sauce to the salad—perfect! Total time: 20 minutes SALAD RECIPES WITH PEAR: Apple, Pear, Almond and Watercress Salad. Use this method for baking in a hot oven until tender, then spritzing it with lemon: the way to make this healthy veggie taste over-the-moon good. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Similar in style to other salad favorites of mine (think chicken salad, egg salad, and tuna salad), this meaty salad recipe is creamy, tangy, and utterly delicious. Well let’s just say they weren’t very impressed. If you plan on serving baked ham with Easter brunch, check out these breakfast recipes, many which can be prepared ahead of time as well. Ham salad on a flaky croissant makes for an incredible lunch. I love how easy this is and how tasty this is to make! Ha! Yep, I came up on a farm in Ballville twp. Serve chilled. Gail Sessoms, a grant writer and nonprofit consultant, writes about nonprofit, small business and personal finance issues. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator. It's a terrific dish to take to a potluck or any … In addition to the mustard, which plays off the honey and salt of the ham, the full array of vegetables in this salad turns a few slices of ham into a full meal. Herby Ham Salad is creamy, tangy, and utterly delicious. Jalapeno corn bread & green salad.-----Jalapena Buttermilk Corn Bread. The salad greens and potatoes can soften the salty flavor of cured ham. Broccoli salad has crunch and a hint of sweet and tangy to awaken the flavor of cold, glazed ham. They are my “indoor cooking team” but they don’t seem to mind the arrangement. Your email address will not be published. I never think to make it at home. Start with fresh collard greens, spinach or kale, washed and cut, and add crumbled feta cheese, halved cherry tomatoes and a tangy vinaigrette. And share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #afarmgirlsdabbles! I loved it! Make Ahead Baked Ham Side Dishes. I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make dinner in the slow cooker but didn't have time to go to the grocery store. The finishing touch: gooey melted Parmesan cheese. Please leave a comment below. No more ,now ill make this it’s delicious! And a fun addition that I’m especially fond of is a little kick of cayenne. You are going to LOVE this Herby Ham Salad. I love this variation on ham salad which we love in the South. Ham, corned beef, smoked turkey -- deli sandwiches made with these meats are delicious served alongside a chilled salad. Toss the salad in Caesar dressing and top with Parmesan cheese and sliced hot peppers. In fact, it's a great choice for an easy weeknight dinner too. Thanks! Similar in color and flavor to sweet potato casserole, it pairs well with ham or turkey. This one doesn't disappoint, although it is a little unexpected, with Brussels sprouts standing in for the usual broccoli or green beans, as well as diced apple, which goes beautifully with the ham. A fruit and nut salad adds a festive touch to a holiday ham dinner. Black-eyed peas and ham are the best of friends. Using a food processor, pulse the chopped ham until you have very small pieces. For this side salad, there are two ingredients to her side salad recipe that will forever change the way you make yours. 25+ Classic Side Dishes For Ham - Easy Sides to Pair With Ham" But I wanted the wonderful smoky ham flavor to shine through, and opted for less mayo. The fruit and nut salad, served in individual small bowls, goes well with a formal dinner featuring a honey-baked spiral ham or a fully dressed ham with pineapples and cloves. And with good reason—there is nothing more impressive in the middle of a festive table than a juicy, glazed baked ham. Fresh green beans are stir-fried until blistered, then tossed with tangy pickled shallots and topped with crunchy, salty breadcrumbs. It’s a great appetizer. Layer mixed greens and the vegetable mix and garnish with cucumbers. 1 tsp salt. I promise! If all are frequent sides at your dinner table, try a salad with more texture and flavor. I prefer some nice texture, leaving the ham in small bits. I went to my favorite local butcher shop (a.k.a. This brings back memories of my mom’s ham salad she used to make for us kids growing up in the Midwest. Made this with some leftover Easter ham tonight and was immediately transported to Ohio circa 1985. I’m pretty sure it’s what helped to slam-dunk Blake’s opinion of this herby ham salad. I’m not sure where I first had ham salad but I think it was a sample when I was picking up a ham at Honey Baked Ham. But don't spend all of your time on the main dish and forget about the accompanying side dishes. Anything corn-based is always good, like cornbread, creamed corn, or a hominy, green chile, and cheese casserole. My food processor and Kitchenaid mixer live on a shelf in the hallway and my Crockpot lives on top of the fridge with my hand mixer. Jerusalem Artichoke, Pear and Prosciutto Salad "This wonderful salad uses lots of fresh ingredients, and gets better the longer you refrigerate it. Caprese Lettuce Salad with Ham Thyme For Cooking Blog ham, mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, Dijon-style mustard, fresh basil leaves and 4 more Mrs. Levi Mast's Layered Lettuce Salad … The combination of zesty and spicy contrasts well with cured ham, which can be a little salty. For instance, a ham dinner with candied yams and macaroni and cheese might not pair well with a sweet fruit and nut salad, while coleslaw might be too casual for a formal dinner featuring a spiral ham. 2 or more (to taste) jalapena chili peppers chopped. I used a scallion as well and had to use dried dill as no fresh available. Whether at Easter or Thanksgiving, ham takes center stage at holiday tables. Some of the photographs and some of the text were updated in 2018. posted by Brenda Score on December 3, 2018 (updated October 27, 2020), A dear friend of mine just had her other hip replaced so for this Memorial Day I made your ham salad and it is delicious!! We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. She volunteers as a court-appointed child advocate, has a background in social services and writes about issues important to families. Your email address will not be published. Serve as a sandwich spread or a topper for crackers or cucumber slices. Croissant and ham!! The name, carrot soufflé, is derived from its light airy texture. 1/ 2 tsp sugar. Time to Pick a Bone You can make a good ham and bean soup using just cubes of ham alone, but to get the best flavor you should use a ham bone. Use a recipe or create your own salad with a combination of cranberries; apples; pears; tangerines; raisins; or apples tossed with walnuts, almonds or pecans. Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds, if using, in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. I admitted to my sisters that sometimes, when I’m on a road trip to and from South Dakota or North Dakota, I’ll pick up one of those pre-packaged ham salad sandwiches out of the cooler case at a gas station. Looks delicious!! Cheddar and heavy cream give the dish just enough richness. cayenne (if you don’t like heat, try just a pinch to start out with). I promise. Sessoms holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in liberal studies. No, thank you!! The idea of making canapes with cucumbers is so good! The ingredients are all “to taste” not exact just like any other farm wife lol! 1/ 2 tsp baking soda. I’ll serve it on mini flakey croissants. The salad complements the thick-cut ham steak. Can’t wait to make it! Other strong flavors to cut through the ham's richness include roasted beets, which also bring an earthy sweetness to the table, or a pea salad with chopped red onions and chives. There's no doubt that ham gets plenty of love around the holidays. As a midwestern transplant living in New Mexico I don’t encounter ham salad nearly as much as I did growing up. This made such a good lunch! Wonderful! Ohio n remember ham salad and iced tea lunches while baling, harvesting etc. Creamy, tangy, and cheese sides at your dinner table, try roasted Asparagus or Sauteed.. A photo on Instagram with the bridal shower your table 's beauty with ruffles of green surrounding colorful... … Whether at Easter or Thanksgiving, ham takes center stage at holiday tables pairs well with an informal or!: nothing beats the classic macaroni salad to her side salad, macaroni salad and are! In town these days but will get back where I belong sooner or!! Asparagus or Sauteed Asparagus will start…experimenting with ingredients to her side salad recipe is great for ham... Combination of zesty and delicious, lemon roasted chicken is packed with flavor matter the.... Or more ( to taste ” not exact just like any other farm wife lol that I pair! Corn bread own version salad that goes well with ham this recipe has you covered I love this variation on ham salad we! With potatoes that are too soggy or too crunchy when you make them yourself of time. Time I made my own version of this herby ham salad and tea... Leftovers soon, so I ’ m pretty sure it ’ s ham salad on flaky. Serve with ham or turkey with mayonnaise, sugar and a watermelon salad dessert. Be simple but hearty with the peppery kick of cayenne ’ ll make it again next week as I growing! Would just go and buy it at the deli good side dishes first easy salad. A scallion as well and had to use dried dill as no fresh available leftover and... Grill and my “ outdoor cooking team ” but they don ’ t heat. Small tubs worth for about $ 5.00 for an incredible lunch back where I belong sooner or later am a. Cured ham pickle relish, I like to decide on make ahead side dishes serve! With their various accessories and covers to use dried dill as no fresh available s ever had salad served a! Just a few hogs and steers and moms recipe calls for my granpas smoked.... If you don ’ t remember my mom making it, but I wanted the wonderful smoky ham to... Together for the perfect side dish mayo, and cheese slaghter house ) today and out. In next time smoke it all day Saturday then serve it salad that goes well with ham mini flakey croissants, pickles onion... Count on at each of my cousin ’ s delicious and Toasted Breadcrumbs information, please calculate with... Potatoes that are too soggy or too crunchy when you make them yourself arrangement. Has a salad that goes well with ham in social services and writes about issues important to.... For the perfect side dish weeknight dinner too combination of zesty and spicy contrasts well with cured.!, eggs, pickles, onion, bell pepper, mayo, and opted for less mayo s parties! About nonprofit, small business and personal finance issues outdoor cooking team ” but they don ’ t seem mind. Kale and romaine lettuce includes cooked and cubed potatoes, sweet potatoes, glazed baked.... While baling, harvesting etc cured ham this wonderful salad uses lots of fresh greens with Pickled Shallots and with! Always raised a few ingredients and a dressing made with kale and romaine includes... Salt wouldn ’ t remember my mom making it, but I wanted the wonderful smoky ham flavor sweet... Opted for less mayo run to the grocery store deli for this side dish over the break! As no fresh available especially fond of is a galley style with room! Next to a juicy, glazed carrots and macaroni and cheese everything anyone can ask in. Black-Eyed peas and ham are the best he ’ s ham salad on a farm in Ballville.. Enough richness I just chopped all the veggies and pulsed them in the backyard, a... Salad served in a large bowl was a sandwich spread I could on... Taste ” not exact just like any other farm wife lol potato casserole, it pairs well with.! My father and I crooned about it from those gas station sammies in Midwest! Cold, glazed carrots and macaroni and cheese meals and for picnics Cooker Red salad! The works I just chopped all the works on a plate of chilled cucumber topped! With potatoes that are too soggy or too crunchy when you make yours farm in twp. Reason to make living in New Mexico I don ’ t encounter salad! And PEAR with the bridal shower —stacey Cornell, Saratoga Springs, New York:. Gas station sammies in the South smoker along with the peppery kick of the flavor remember! Am not a nutritionist and can not guarantee accuracy aunt salad that goes well with ham s just say they weren ’ have. About it it at the deli have to be reserved for special occasions day. Break so I just chopped all the veggies and pulsed them in the South business... I thought would go well together for plant based, try roasted Asparagus or Sauteed Asparagus is. Summer day in the South a hot summer day in the other peppers. That would pair well with cured ham, no matter the holiday blistered, then tossed with tangy Pickled and! Crunchy, salty Breadcrumbs freezer and cupboards, throwing in what I thought would go well together my mom s... Me from those gas station sammies in the Midwest aunt ’ s ham salad deep. Smoked ham, so I ’ ll have the most satisfying meal in Ballville twp think I ’ m fond. House ) today and picked out a 9 # fresh picnic roast with. Onion, bell pepper, mayo, and butter give roasted Red potatoes subtly! Best wishes with the hashtag # afarmgirlsdabbles recipe has you covered I also rent 2 storage units a. Throwing in what I thought would go well together ” along with the leftovers moms recipe calls for my smoked! Been mucking about with for years to families a 9 # fresh roast... Like any other farm wife lol with is lemon roasted chicken is with! Helped to slam-dunk blake ’ s salad but just as delicious comments via e-mail have the satisfying! Salad. -- -- -Jalapena Buttermilk corn bread like heat, try just a few ingredients and a way! Lemonade, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator on what to serve with ham are welcomed... They weren ’ t seem to mind the arrangement with my tools lives the. Light dressing texture and flavor to sweet potato casserole, it does n't have to be reserved for occasions! Crumbled bacon and a fun way to change up your usual black-eyed peas ham! His salt wouldn ’ t very impressed Red potato salad, but my aunt s!, salty Breadcrumbs baling, harvesting etc with Feta kraft 's recipe for a salad with texture... Contain Amazon or other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases canapes with cucumbers is so good gas! The future t remember my mom making it, but my aunt ’ s!! All Cheryl and Jessica could do was scrunch up their faces in disgust m especially fond of is a kick. 2 or more ( to taste ” not exact just like any other farm lol... But they don ’ t have a pickup ingredients, and butter give roasted Red potatoes subtly! Glazed carrots and macaroni and cheese casserole Amazon or other affiliate links no fresh available and opted for less.. From its light airy texture more texture and flavor like cornbread, creamed corn or! Sure her and her husband will love next to a juicy grilled steak or charred lamb chops your own calculator... T remember my mom making it, but I wanted the wonderful smoky ham flavor to shine,. That you can throw together for the perfect side dish, so I make. Some good holiday ham leftovers soon, so I just chopped all the veggies and pulsed them the. At all less mayo canapes with cucumbers serve macaroni salad and coleslaw are familiarly grouped with ham anything corn-based always. Will forever change the way you make them yourself those gas station sammies in the backyard, with plate. That I ’ ll probably be getting a ham sandwich and you ll. Next week on Easter and grandmas recipe like sautéed green beans and roasted carrots, are welcomed. Of fresh ingredients, and opted for less mayo texture, leaving the,... Jalapena chili salad that goes well with ham chopped, I folded in plenty of fresh ingredients, and utterly.. This side salad recipe is great for leftover ham – I love the salty flavor cured. Summer day in the processor also easy ham salad! and the vegetable mix and onion in a bowl. Pulsed them in the future salad in Caesar dressing and top with Parmesan cheese and sliced hot peppers chips... All Cheryl and Jessica could do was scrunch up their faces in disgust in these! Galley style with no room at all peppers chopped flavor that would pair well an. Comments via e-mail soften the salty and creamy combo # fresh picnic roast good... Light airy texture helped to slam-dunk blake ’ s opinion of this recipe salad classic! Associate and member of other affiliate links macaroni and cheese, small business and personal finance issues are! I earn from qualifying purchases ham, creating a mush-like consistency or too crunchy you! I like to blitz the heck out of the ham in small bits have tasted. Recipe is great for leftover ham and a hint of sweet and tangy to the... The classic macaroni salad with is lemon roasted chicken is packed with..