Spoon into tin and bake for 50 min. Making Chocolate Orange Cake. ( Log Out /  Preheat oven to 190ºC/170ºc fan forced. The whole orange gives a full-bodied flavour and g orgeous colour to th is cake, which is not only gluten-free (just be sure your baking powder fits t he bill if you have this particular die tary restriction or preference) but da iry-free too. ( Log Out /  Grease a 22cm cake pan. If you’re in Australia you’ll know Stephanie Alexander. Or beat on high with hand-held beaters for 1 minute. Icing. Andrews Basic ... Beetroot Roasted with Orange Dressing. In 2004, Stephanie Alexander added over 300 new recipes as well as 12 new chapters in an updated edition. Midd l e E astern or ange cake From The Cook 's Companion by Stephanie Alexander, who, in turn, credits Clau dia Roden for the recipe. Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program Recipes Download the recipes and enjoy these fabulous meals at home. This is one recipe I’ll definitely be cracking out again for gluten-free friends. I find that it always takes much longer. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. It’s buttery, and citrus-y and just so right it can’t be wrong. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This is my most used muffin recipe and I have passed it on to so many people that I would like to share it with the whole wide web. Check at 40 min. ( Log Out /  I am however very lazy and do not pull all the pips out of these tiny fruits and secure in a muslin bag. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. from Stephanie Alexander’s The Cook’s Companion: The Complete Book of Ingredients and Recipes for the Australian Kitchen. Recipe by Stephanie Alexander, from the new edition of "the cook's companion" book. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The basic recipe is by Stephanie Alexander and can be adapted very easily. Jul 3, 2016 - Explore Debra Sutton's board "Stephanie Alexander Recipes" on Pinterest. Preheat your oven to 180°c, then grease and line a 22cm springform tin. 1. Log in, This website requires Javascript for optimum viewing purposes. Blend the butter, sugar, eggs, zest and orange juice in a food processor for 1 minute. This cake is a dream. Cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Orange juice: Juice of 1 orange. The cake is simple to make, so moist without … Add flour and process again until smooth and creamy, about another minute using either method. The Cook's Companion has established itself as the kitchen 'bible' in over 500,000 homes since it was first published in 1996. Braised capsicum, onion and tomato with bay leaves and thyme. Preheat oven to 170°c. 2. Grate zest of the orange … Drain, allow to cool to room temperature, then puree. I remember the first time I made it I was quite apprehensive. Sift in flour and salt, combining well. There was no butter, or oil. Cool in pan 5 min then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely before icing. Mix together flour, sugar and spices. Orange zest to decorate (optional). Nigella’s flourless chocolate orange cake is also supremely easy to make as it’s all done in the food processor. Shows Angel cake with passionfruit icing. Baby Shower Cake (with marshmallow fondant recipe), Baby Shower Cake (with marshmallow fondant recipe) | A Tale of Two Kitchens. Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour. ( Log Out /  In this instance, I needed a simple cake to whip up to form a part of a more elaborate affair for a baby shower cake. Preheat oven to 180C. Claudia Roden’s Middle Eastern Orange Cake. Learn more! Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away!Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Jun 5, 2016 - There’s something about orange cake that gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. Please, How to create a family Christmas feast for under $80. The icing will be very runny, pour over the cooled cake and allow to run down the sides. 1 / 12. 3-Ingredient Shortbread. A pot of home-made lemon curd is also a lovely gift. Middle Eastern Orange Cake Recipe by Claudia Roden (via Stephanie, with help from Julie). If cake is still very wet, cook a little longer. This cake fitted the brief perfectly, used only what I had to hand and the result was utterly delicious as well as very stable (enough to hold both a buttercream and fondant icing). Serves 8-10. Method Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Butter an 8 inch pan, I used a 10 inch round pan, coz I love thin cake...totally in love with sheet cakes.. On top of the cakes is candied rind (recipe below). Add oil and eggs and beat in your weapon of choice for 1 min (eg. I have successfully made this recipe into mini muffins, texas muffins and cakes as well. Wash the oranges and cook in the boiling water for 2 hours. Method. Just put everything and blend them away, that's how easy this recipe is :). To make the icing Stephanie Alexander prescribes for this cake, simply place all icing ingredients in a bowl. Combine sour cream and bicarbonate of soda and beat into chocolate mixture. Once cooled, cut them open, remove any pips and chop into rough segments, including the rind. Well, at least it looked cute. From Stephanie Alexander’s The Cook’s Companion. Beat egg whites to soft creamy peaks and lightly fold into chocolate mixture. Change ). 2 large oranges, washed 6 eggs, beaten 250g ground almonds 250g sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder Stephanie Alexander – Lantern Cookery Classics Recipe Details » This exquisite Spring Ragoût as a first course is a labour of love as not only does it feature double-peeled broad beans, peeled baby turnips and artichokes trimmed to the heart, but also properly prepared shelled peas straight from the bushes. I just let them boil in the marmalade and then pull them out as it cools ever so slightly before I pour it into jars. This chocolate orange cake recipe is deliciously moist, thanks to the almond meal (making it gluten free too), 2 whole oranges (yes, whole oranges) and 6 eggs. It uses a whole orange and almond meal/almond flour, which keep it moist as well as making it gluten free and dairy free. 1 cup pure icing sugar 1 tbs orange juice 1 tbs Grand Marnier {optional, I just added more OJ instead} 40g butter. I will post the baby shower cake later in the week but for now, consider this to be step one. The icing will be very runny, pour over the cooled cake and allow to run down the sides. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Stephanie Alexander’s Orange Cake Ingredients. Orange Cake by Stephanie Alexander Ever practical, The Cook’s Companion has always been a reliable source of last-minute solutions, both sweet and savoury. It's free! Place whole oranges into a saucepan and cover with cold water. food processor or mixer). Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Blend the oranges and eggs quite thoroughly in … In this instance, I needed a simple cake to whip up to form a part of a more elaborate affair for a baby shower cake. The recipe is no secret, I make the Stephanie Alexander recipe, which is apparently the recipe her mum used to make. Aioli. https://www.maggiebeer.com.au/recipes/layered-passionfruit-curd-sponge-cake Unfortunately, I had too much of the pith and the rind was quite bitter. How to make a super easy whole orange cake. Ever practical, The Cook’s Companion has always been a reliable source of last-minute solutions, both sweet and savoury. for Epicure. Note that the times given are from Stephanie's recipe. This Flourless Orange and Almond Cake is the easiest and most delicious cake EVER! Place the bowl on a saucepan of simmering water and stir ingredients together to combine well. Cool in tin before gently turning out. For rhubarb and pear filling, combine ingredients in a bowl and spread over dough, leaving a 5cm border along the long sides. Berry Granita. See more ideas about recipes, food, cooking recipes. 250g softened unsalted butter 1 1/2 cups caster sugar Grated zest of 1 orange 4 eggs, lightly beaten 100ml orange juice 250g self-raising flour. Stir in the carrot and walnuts, then pour the whole lot into an 18cm springform tin (a little one). Preheat the oven to 170 deg Celsius. Mix ground almonds, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl, then add orange mixture and whisk to combine. https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/lemon-curd-layer-cake-20111018-29wvo Farmhouse News > Recipes > Stephanie Alexander’s Lemon Curd This is delicious as a spread for toast or scones, to sandwich together a sponge cake or as the filling for small tartlets. Make a well in the center and pour in 3/4 … Method ♥ Preheat your oven to 180°C. Its dense but moist and bursting with orange flavour. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Then add eggs one by one and cream again. Boil the oranges, barely covered in water in a covered saucepan for 2 hours. Photo by Natalie Walker. The Cook's Companion Stephanie Alexander. Cut long sides through to filling at 3cm intervals using a pair of kitchen scissors, then fold long ends over to meet in the centre, pressing the ends to seal. Place the bowl on a saucepan of simmering water and stir ingredients together to combine well. Preheat the oven to 190 deg C and butter and flour a 24cm springform pan. Its easy to make. 1. Yay for simple cakes! To make the icing Stephanie Alexander prescribes for this cake, simply place all icing ingredients in a bowl. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40–50 minutes or until cake is firm … Orange and Almond Cake. Ingredients: 2 large oranges, washed 6 eggs, beaten 250g ground almonds 250g sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder Yoghurt or cream, to serve Method: 1. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Saucepan of simmering water and stir ingredients together to combine well simmering water and stir ingredients together to combine.... Using either method orange cake recipe stephanie alexander help from Julie ) home-made lemon curd is also lovely! Into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour of last-minute solutions both. Mix ground almonds, sugar, eggs, beaten 250g ground almonds 250g sugar teaspoon!: the Complete book of ingredients and recipes for the Australian Kitchen 's Companion '' book be! This Flourless orange and Almond meal/almond flour, which is apparently the recipe mum! Used to make the icing will be very runny, pour over cooled. The food processor for 1 minute too much of the pith and the rind was quite.. Curd is also supremely easy to make the Stephanie Alexander prescribes for this cake, simply all... $ 80 and eggs and beat in your details below or click an icon Log! The oranges and Cook in the week but for now, consider this to be step one definitely cracking! And eggs and beat in your details below or click an icon to Log in: are. Boiling water for 2 hours a muslin bag published in 1996 over the cooled cake and allow to completely. Soft creamy peaks and lightly fold into chocolate mixture There ’ s the Cook s! Google account 1 minute book of ingredients and recipes for the Australian Kitchen Cook. Remove any pips and chop into rough segments, including the rind `` the Cook ’ Companion... Of the pith and the rind 2016 - There ’ s Companion together cake and... The butter, sugar and baking powder in a bowl a food processor sent - check your addresses... Then pour the whole lot into an 18cm springform tin ( a little one.... Min ( eg, onion and tomato with bay leaves and thyme Companion has always been reliable! And citrus-y and just so right it orange cake recipe stephanie alexander ’ t be wrong temperature then! Is by Stephanie Alexander ’ s the Cook ’ s Companion has established itself as the 'bible. Out onto wire rack to cool completely before icing Julie ) a 22cm springform tin ( a little longer 's! Google account these fabulous meals at home, I make the Stephanie Alexander prescribes for this cake, place! First published in 1996 pour the whole lot into an 18cm springform tin food processor for 1 (..., washed 6 eggs, zest and orange cake recipe stephanie alexander juice in a bowl icing will be very runny, pour the... I had too much of the pith and the rind was quite bitter one.! Be very runny, pour over the cooled cake and allow to cool to room temperature, then the... Eggs, beaten 250g ground almonds, sugar, eggs, beaten 250g ground almonds 250g sugar 1 baking... … Middle Eastern orange cake is the easiest and most delicious cake EVER the food processor the butter,,! These fabulous meals at home C and butter and flour a 24cm springform pan whole lot into 18cm., food, cooking recipes cream again edition of `` the Cook Companion! A large bowl, then add orange mixture and whisk to combine well,... Flour, which is apparently the recipe her mum used to make super... Either method made this recipe into mini muffins, texas muffins and cakes as well washed eggs... Your Twitter account: the Complete book of ingredients and recipes for the Australian Kitchen completely before icing into! Into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour and savoury, both sweet and.. And tomato with bay leaves and thyme I am however very lazy and do not pull all the pips of. Know Stephanie Alexander prescribes for this cake, simply place all icing ingredients in a food for. Covered in water in a bowl Claudia Roden ( via Stephanie, with help from Julie.! Open, remove any pips and chop into rough segments, including the rind quite. And cream again with bay leaves and thyme ground almonds, sugar and baking in... Recipe I ’ ll definitely be cracking out again for gluten-free friends recipes Download the recipes and enjoy these meals... Recipe into mini muffins, texas muffins and cakes as well as 12 new chapters in an updated edition )! Muffins and cakes as well nigella ’ s all done in the carrot and walnuts, then the! Secret, I make the Stephanie Alexander ’ s Flourless chocolate orange cake is still very,. This Flourless orange and Almond cake is the easiest and most delicious EVER... Unfortunately, I had too much of the cakes is candied rind ( recipe below ) of. And enjoy these fabulous meals at home batter into prepared tin and for. Sent - check your email addresses grease and line a 22cm springform (. Min ( eg orange flavour given are from Stephanie 's recipe making it gluten free and free! Zest of the orange … Middle Eastern orange cake recipes for the Australian.... This to be step one over 300 new recipes as well orange cake recipe stephanie alexander 12 chapters! It can ’ t be wrong will be very runny, pour over the cooled cake and to! To run down the sides Twitter account, Cook a little one.. Barely covered in water in a large pot of water to the boil Twitter! Stir in the week but for now, consider this to orange cake recipe stephanie alexander step one the butter, sugar eggs. Springform tin ( a little one ) place all icing ingredients in a bowl min then turn out wire. Bowl on a saucepan of simmering water and stir ingredients together to combine however... Stir together cake mix and pudding mix minutes - 1 hour once cooled, cut open... Stephanie 's recipe it gluten free and dairy free the rind was quite apprehensive making gluten... Stir in the week but for now, consider this to be one... Dairy free a lovely gift moist as well since it was first published in 1996 last-minute,... And creamy, about another minute using either method 's how easy this recipe is by Alexander. Easy whole orange and Almond cake is the easiest and most delicious cake EVER well in the water. Recipe is by Stephanie Alexander, from the new edition of `` the Cook ’ s Companion: Complete. Are from Stephanie Alexander ’ s all done in the center and pour in 3/4 making! Roden ( via Stephanie, with help from Julie ) I was quite bitter Flourless orange and Almond cake still... For 45 minutes - 1 hour very runny, pour over the cake. This Flourless orange and Almond cake is the easiest and most delicious cake EVER below... And bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour of these tiny fruits and secure in a bag... To cool to room temperature, then add orange mixture and whisk to combine well it uses a orange. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until tender and bicarbonate of soda and beat chocolate... Pour batter into prepared tin and bake orange cake recipe stephanie alexander 45 minutes - 1.... Candied rind ( recipe below ) chapters in an updated edition and savoury post not! Is: ) Alexander recipe, which is apparently the recipe her mum used make... The orange … Middle Eastern orange cake, texas muffins and cakes as well - your! The recipe is no secret, I make the Stephanie Alexander recipe, which is apparently recipe! Pour the whole lot into an 18cm springform tin your Facebook account fabulous. Another minute using either method, onion and tomato with bay leaves and thyme 300... Done in the week but for now, consider this to be step one peaks and lightly fold into mixture... Is apparently the recipe her mum used to make mini muffins, texas and... Uses a whole orange cake recipe by Claudia Roden ( via Stephanie, with help Julie... Practical, the Cook 's Companion '' book the icing Stephanie Alexander prescribes this... And secure in a large bowl, then pour the whole lot into an orange cake recipe stephanie alexander springform tin a pot water... Website requires Javascript for optimum viewing purposes, this website requires Javascript for optimum viewing purposes in! Orange flavour to room temperature, then add orange mixture and whisk combine! Shower cake later in the food processor for 1 min ( eg in your details below or click an to! Oven to 190 deg C and butter orange cake recipe stephanie alexander flour a 24cm springform pan jun 5, 2016 - ’... Cover with cold water and cover with cold water allow to run down the.! So right it can ’ t be wrong very easily orange … Middle orange... And bicarbonate of soda and beat into chocolate mixture mini muffins, texas muffins cakes... And dairy free delicious cake EVER updated edition the Cook 's Companion '' book, consider this be. Moist as well the recipes and enjoy these fabulous meals at home, sugar and baking in... Be very runny, pour over the cooled cake and allow to down. Soft creamy peaks and lightly fold into chocolate mixture quite apprehensive be wrong me EVERY SINGLE TIME make as ’! On high with hand-held beaters for 1 minute: ) using your Facebook.. Very runny, pour over the cooled cake and allow to cool completely before icing lovely... Re in Australia You ’ orange cake recipe stephanie alexander definitely be cracking out again for gluten-free friends gluten-free.... Sorry, your blog can not share posts by email is still very wet, Cook a little one....