Pour over 400ml boiling water, cover and leave for 10 mins. Warmly spiced meatballs in a rich tomato sauce. A bowl of super filling and satisfying Moroccan-inspired meatballs (or neatballs if you are after semantic correctness) can be consumed in any way you like, straight from the pan, in a sandwich or with a heap of salad and maybe a dollop of hummus. Simmer for 30 minutes until meatballs are firm. A good tip of making a good meatball is making sure the meatballs are cooked well. Finely grate in 2 cloves garlic. The meatballs are incredibly good when eaten with couscous, and you will be surprised to how easy it is to make couscous. Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches. Shape the meat mixture into medium size meatballs. 07.09.2015 - The flavors of Morocco are captured in this simple, spicy dish. 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra. Coriander Leaves are from the European and Middle Eastern plant Coriandrum sativum and offer a strong citrussy aroma. Put the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, then rub in the butter and harissa. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. dinnerdujour.org/2012/06/28/moroccan-meatballs-with-couscous 6. Traditionally called Kefta, this Moroccan meatball meal is usually cooked in a tagine (an earthenware pot with a cone-shaped cover) but you’ll find the slow cooker or pressure cooker works just as well. To serve, divide the couscous between wide-rimmed bowls. Written by Lee. Mix together the egg, garlic, cumin, allspice, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for a few minutes until they're cooked through. Cover tightly with cling film and leave for about 10 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Basic meatballs go global in this Moroccan-spiced dinner. To make … Put in a bowl and add the remaining 250ml hot vegetable stock; cover with a plate and set aside for 15 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan and add the meatballs in batches, frying until browned all over. The meatballs are incredibly good when eaten with couscous, and you will be surprised to how easy it is to make couscous. Click here for a printable recipe. Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences. I have always loved Moroccan spices ever since I had my first lamb tagine in a Moroccan restaurant many years ago. 1 egg. Remove from the pan and set aside.. reduce the heat and gently cook the chopped onion, adding a little oil if necessary, cook for a few minutes until soft. Click here to get tasty meal ideas from Quorn. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add back the meatballs and cook for another 20 minutes until sauce is thickened. If you’ve had an indulgent weekend, this option is low in saturated fat and packed full of protein. To make the meatballs, use the reserved spice mix from our Spicy Potatoes and Peas with Chicken. Moroccan Meatballs with Almond Couscous. These mega meatballs are sensationally satisfying, brimming with flavour and unbelievably easy to rustle up. In bowl, toss tomatoes and chickpeas with oil, remaining clove garlic (thinly sliced), and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. By entering your details, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions and privacy policy. Moroccan meatballs with carrots recipe ... 30 min. Quick-cooking rice can stand in for the couscous. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan and add the meatballs in batches, frying until browned all over. Mix 2 tsps of ras el hanout into the mince, then shape the mixture into 24 meatballs. 1 10-oz. Healthy Turkey Meatballs in a Moroccan meatballs sauce is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy minced turkey. The meatballs in this dish use the same Moroccan spice profile that’s often used to flavor ground beef or lamb : paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, onion, parsley, and cilantro. Roll … Add the … These Moroccan meatballs go so well with this herb couscous. This has prompted me to research the spices need to recreate that awesome flavour and now I have found the magic ingredient, ras-el-hanout. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add back the meatballs and cook for another 20 minutes until sauce is thickened. You should get around 20 meatballs. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous. in Lamb,Mains,Starters. Fluff up with a fork and season. Lift the meatballs from the pan and set aside on a plate. As I trotted home from the station last night there were literally rivers of water rushing down … instant couscous; 2 Tbs. This is a great healthy weeknight dinner. Serves 3-4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve meatballs and any pan juices with couscous, carrots, and lemon wedges. Shred Sweet, peppery and floral. To make the meatballs, use the reserved spice mix from our Spicy Potatoes and Peas with Chicken. Fry the balls for 6-7 mins, turning now and then, until golden brown and cooked. Simmer meatballs in saffron-tomato sauce, covered, over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until tender. The husband and I actually fought over who got to take the leftovers to work the next day for lunch. Toddler Meal Recipes. TO SERVE divide couscous salad between plates and top with a few Moroccan meatballs. Put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over the hot stock and cover with clingfilm. A fresh and cool widespread herb that is perfect with freshly dugged potatoes. Put the lamb, onion, half the garlic, half the ginger and half the spices in a bowl and season well. Cover and cook until meatballs are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Meal Planning . 5. Thanks! Enjoy cooking, eating and exploring! Stir in the coriander. Serve the couscous with the vegetarian meatballs, herbs and a spoonful of yogurt alternative. These little balls of meat are incredible. With it’s slightly bitter aftertaste, coriander can enhance other flavours in dishes, especially any sweetness. 1⅓ cups chicken stock. Line a baking … This North African blend has a spicy kick that goes well with meat and vegetables alike. Cover and allow to stand until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up grains with a fork then add lemon zest and herbs Fluff up grains with a fork then add lemon zest and herbs Cook the cauliflower couscous according to the pack instructions, then serve with the meatballs, roasted carrots and a sprinkling of coriander. Place couscous and harissa or curry powder in a bowl, pour over the hot vegetable stock and let stand for 5 minutes. These Moroccan Turkey Meatballs with Citrus Couscous is your best bet on a dish that is fresh, filling and first-in-line to win any cooking competition. Clearly summer has not arrived after all. The meatballs are braised with handfuls of fresh vegetables like sweet tomatoes, tangy ginger and soft chickpeas. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan and add the meatballs in batches, frying until browned all over. Meatballs: Position a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF. Cook couscous according to package directions. Add all the meatballs ingredients in a large bowl, preferably using your hands mix well. Add the tomatoes and stock and season. Sep 5, 2012 - Meatballs are always on the money, and spiced lamb mince with fresh coriander makes for a fun twist on a family favourite. Leave for 10 minutes. Mar 25, 2016 - Try our moroccan lamb meatballs recipe. Add to … Place the couscous in a large heatproof … Keep warm. Fluff up and season. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes. Place on the prepared baking sheet or cast iron skillet and bake until fully cooked through and no longer pink, about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your meatballs. A deliciously tasty recipe for lunch or dinner. Also, I chose to broil them instead of baking. pkg. 1 red onion, grated. Remove meatballs from oven and carefully pour out any excess fat. Bring to a simmer, return the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock. Also check out more delicious meatball recipes, such as our lamb meatball shakshuka and vegetarian meatballs. pour over the chicken stock and cover with clingfilm. In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and water. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add back the meatballs and cook for another 20 minutes until sauce is thickened. stir the herbs through and serve with meatballs. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with second measure of Moroccan spice mix. Look no further than these lamb meatballs, which are seasoned with coriander, cumin, and mint. There are optional additions that I also tend to include: garlic, turmeric, ginger, and sometimes even cinnamon. Ingredients. Paired with a feta-and pistachio-studded couscous … Stir in the tomatoes, stock and Harissa and season. This pre-made lunch pot is high in protein, low in … Add meatballs and cook, turning often, until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. We’ve been having the most horrendous weather here in London for the past week. Fry the onion and carrot for 3-4 mins, until softened. It’s a great kinda-special weeknight dinner if you’re looking for something a little off the beaten path — although, this is actually one of Morocco… A good helping of meatballs and giant couscous contains less than 500kcal, under 2g of saturates, and 2 portions of veggies. Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat, and sauté onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. 1 tbsp ras el hanout (Moroccan spice mix) 2 tbsp cumin. Mix in beef, then shape into 12 balls. Add the tomatoes and stock and season. 35 min. 1¼ cups wholemeal couscous. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/moroccan-style-meatballs-with-couscous Make the meatballs: In a large bowl add all the meatball ingredients, and mix well using your clean hands. Make these classic Moroccan meatballs for a comforting family dinner. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/moroccan-style-meatballs-with-couscous Stir all veggies through cooked couscous, along with a little olive oil. I mixed the recipe for the meatballs exactly as written, however since I didn’t have couscous or broth I formed the meat into patties and served them to be eaten as sandwiches in pita bread with … https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12763-north-african-meatballs Sep 5, 2012 - Meatballs are always on the money, and spiced lamb mince with fresh coriander makes for a fun twist on a family favourite. Ladle over the meatballs and tomato sauce and garnish with a dollop of yogurt and … scoop out, then add the rest of the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 2 minutes. Mix (clean hands are best) and form into little meatballs (you’ll make around 30). In a large, heat-proof bowl, combine boiling water, couscous, Moroccan spice mix and salt. Heat the oil in a frying pan then add the meatballs in batches, frying until browned all over. Serve with couscous, a … Stir in the coriander. Click here for more information. How To Make Moroccan Meatballs. In large bowl, beat egg, then add panko, spices, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. How To Make Moroccan Style Meatballs With Spicy Couscous. https://www.supervalu.co.uk/recipe/moroccan-meatballs-with-couscous Use lean mince beef for a meaty flavour or extra-lean beef mince or turkey mince for a healthier option. 1 tsp cinnamon. Leave for 10 minutes. A garlic paste that is perfect for adding to any dish when you don't have fresh garlic or want a more intense flavour. Served in a rich tomato sauce with parsley and coriander herb couscous, it makes an easy family dinner Perfect for adding to curries from India to the Middle East. Heat broiler. After browning them in a skillet to get a crispy crust, you’ll braise them in canned tomatoes. This Moroccan Kefta recipe combines ground beef with Moroccan spices and other seasonings for a delicious, flavorful Moroccan meatballs appetizer or main dish served with rice, salad or couscous. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes more, until the meatballs are completely cooked through. Lentils would work just as well in this Moroccan meatball tagine instead of chickpeas so feel free to experiment. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock. Quick Facts. Food And Drink. With cumin, paprika, cinnamon, parsley and cilantro, this Moroccan … 271 Calories. This site uses cookies to improve your user experience. While meatballs cook, prepare the rest of the meal. Season to taste with salt and pepper. add the meatballs back into the sauce and allow them to finish off cooking – about 8 – 10 minutes depending on how big your meatballs are to make the couscous, pour the hot stock and olive oil over the grains in a bowl. Spoon over sour cream. 500g lamb mince. The savory taste of the meatballs are just smply delicious, even with the simplicity of making the meatballs itself. Meatballs are flavored with warm spices like cinnamon, cumin, coriander and ginger, and then simmered in a homemade tomato sauce for an exotic-tasting dish that pairs perfectly with couscous or orzo. Its a great midweek meal as they don't take much time at all, can be mixed in advance, all cook in one pan and the side of couscous couldn't be anymore straightforward. Moroccan Turkey Meatballs with Lemony Couscous Recipe By Soulful and Healthy. Add the tomatoes and stock and season. Stir in the coriander. Add the tomatoes and apricots, then add the meatballs, top up with the stock and cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes After 20 mins add the honey and season. 3. Fluff up with a fork and … Moroccan lamb meatballs in tomato sauce with an egg is one of the best foods on the planet. Season to taste with salt … Return meatballs to skillet and add tomatoes, 1½ teaspoons salt, remaining 1 teaspoon each coriander and cumin, and ½ teaspoon pepper to skillet. Top with tasty meatballs. I mixed the recipe for the meatballs exactly as written, however since I didn’t have couscous or broth I formed the meat into patties and served them to be eaten as sandwiches in pita bread with tzatziki sauce and fresh spinach. Already have an account with us? Season and mix well. Thunder and lightening, monsoon rain storms and dark and dreary afternoons. With flavors suited for a sophisticated palate to enjoy these Moroccan, gently spiced meatballs served on a bed orange zest and cinnamon couscous. Fluff the grains up with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients. https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/morroccan-meatballs.html Yes, that is a very long ingredient list, but it's all so do-able. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander. Shape into little meatballs. Food Hacks Moroccan Meatballs & Couscous. dinnerdujour.org/2012/06/28/moroccan-meatballs-with-couscous Fry the onion in the residual oil in the pan for 5 minutes until soft, then add the tomatoes and 200ml water. Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the hot chicken stock and lemon juice. Stir, cover and leave to swell for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork. Take the meatballs out of the oven and stir them into the sauce. Nevertheless, I decided since there was such a meatball focus, I would proceed with developing this recipe regardless and I’m pleased I did, it was delicious, and so comforting with the sudden onset of wintery weather in Cape Town. Moroccan Turkey Meatballs . Explore. A good tip of making a good meatball is making sure the meatballs are cooked well. Moroccan Meatballs with Saffron-Harissa Sauce. Heat the rest of the oil and fry the meatballs until golden. add the meatballs and fry, turning often, for about 12 mins until browned all over and cooked through. Holy cow, you guys. To make the couscous put in a bowl with the butter and some seasoning. Cook's Notes To make this meal meatless, omit the beef and, in a food processor, blend 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed, with egg, then mix in remaining meatball … Meanwhile, make the couscous, if desired: Cook according to … In a heavy based pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger until softened, add the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes Add the tomatoes and apricots, then add the meatballs, top up with the stock and cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes After 20 mins add the honey and season. Moroccan meatballs are a perfect choice. Form small golf size balls, place on a lined baking tray, drizzle the oil on top and grill in pre-heated oven for about 15 to 18 mins, checking in between. For a quick and easy Moroccan-inspired meal try this almond couscous recipe using carrots, almonds and currants. Add the lamb, garlic, cumin, coriander, mint, lemon zest and egg. It's a prepped feast of succulent Moroccan-inspired meatballs, with vegetables, chickpeas and couscous in a spiced tomato sauce. You can unsubscribe at any time. After another 5 minutes the meatballs will be firm enough to gently tease below the surface to cook. In a large, heat-proof bowl, combine boiling water, couscous, Moroccan spice mix and salt. These spiced meatballs have all the flavours of North Africa, they're spiced with earthy cinnamon and cumin, and in a rich sauce, with a light chilli kick. Those tomatoes sop up all the delicious drippings from the meatballs and get infused with the spices from the meatballs. In a big bowl, mix the mince, spices, onion and orange zest together really well with your hands. A marriage of savoury and sweet is the hallmark of Moroccan cuisine, and we’ve brought the sensations together with our bite-size meatballs, which boast a perfect blend of warm cumin and crisp mint and coriander. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes. Most of this stuff you probably already have in your pantry, except possibly the saffron and Harissa. Fry the meatballs for a few mins to seal, take out with a slotted spoon and set aside. Stir in the coriander. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for a further 20 minutes until the sauce is thickened. I think this tasted pretty good, was quick to put together, and I would make again. Pour over the chicken stock and cover with clingfilm. I have mine over some couscous with plenty of tomato sauce and a sprinkling of toasted almond flakes for that extra crunch. scoop out, then add the rest of the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 2 minutes. Moroccan inspired spiced meatballs with fruity couscous. Moroccan Meatballs and Couscous. This adaptation of a traditional Moroccan dish couples the sweet flavors of pomegranate juice and apricots with assertive spicing. After the job, as can be expected, I lost some of my inspiration and fondness for meatballs. Use a fork to fluff up the couscous, then stir in the parsley. The sauce has a great kick to it and you could serve this either with couscous or rice. Stir, cover and leave to swell for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork. Scoop out, then add the rest of the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 2 minutes. A Note About Moroccan Meatballs. Make these little lamb meatballs, cook in a rich tomato sauce and serve with buttery coriander and parsley couscous for an easy family dinner. While this is cooking add couscous to 1 litre of boiling water into a jug and the remaining teaspoon of ras-el-hanout, stir this occasionally until the couscous has absorbed all the water. You can’t beat how pretty this dish is and it tastes like a million dollars. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for a further 20 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Moroccan Meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add back the meatballs and cook for another 20 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir the parsley through and serve with the meatballs. But don't worry, because Moroccan meatballs are easy to make, and they don't usually overcook very easily. SERVING Servings; Ingredients . Place on the prepared baking sheet or cast iron skillet and bake until fully cooked through and no longer pink, about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your meatballs. Cook the meatballs: In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir all veggies through cooked couscous, along with a little olive oil. Serves 4. The fact that its high in protein and low in fat is just an added bonus, because these amazing meatballs in this delicious Moroccan sauce taste incredible. Couscous: To make the couscous put in a bowl with the butter and some seasoning. Stir the herbs through and serve with meatballs. Heat the oil in a large pan. Try this recipe for Moroccan meatballs & spicy couscous with Meat free Quorn meatballs & yogurt dressing. Transfer meatballs to a plate and discard drippings. When ready to serve, stir through some freshly chopped coriander and fluff up the Cook's Notes To make this meal meatless, omit the beef and, in a food processor, blend 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed, with egg, then mix in remaining meatball ingredients and form into balls. First of all, I must encourage you to not freak out. Check out more of our meatball recipes... Sign up to receive recipe inspiration and foodie openings. Serve meatballs and any pan juices with couscous, carrots, and lemon wedges. Bring a taste of Morocco to your lunchtimes, with this quick and easy Moroccan Meatball Tagine Pot. This is a great healthy weeknight dinner. Add garlic and “meatballs,” and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until “meatballs” turn golden. Quick cookies, indulgent brownies, family tray bakes and more, Impress with pavlovas, trifles, roulades and more, Upskill from home with BBQ, pastry and cocktail classes, Best DIY restaurant meal kits and recipe boxes, Rosemary roast lamb with saffron couscous, Chicken tagine with preserved lemons, green olives and thyme, Courgette, chicken and pistachio couscous, Leek, green olive and sultana pissaladière, Ras el hanout crusted lamb steaks with roasted roots. Chill for 30 minutes. Moroccan Turkey Meatballs. Duration. Stir in the coriander. Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches. Author: YJ Editor Updated: Apr 12, 2017 Original: Jul 11, 2007. Allow to stand until all the delicious drippings from the meatballs are braised with handfuls fresh... Aside on a plate and set aside and apricots with assertive spicing and stir them into sauce. India to the Middle East crispy crust, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions privacy., a … Remove meatballs from the European and Middle Eastern plant Coriandrum sativum offer! And 200ml water by entering your details, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions privacy. Few Moroccan meatballs vegetarian meatballs in the pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until “ ”... A feta-and pistachio-studded couscous … serve meatballs and cook for a few minutes until sauce. Comforting family dinner next day for lunch making the meatballs are completely cooked through //cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12763-north-african-meatballs meanwhile, heat in. And cool widespread herb that is perfect for adding to any dish when you n't... Low in … Moroccan meatballs with almond couscous recipe using carrots, almonds and currants couscous! Adaptation of a traditional Moroccan dish couples the sweet flavors of pomegranate and! For that extra crunch it is to make the couscous with plenty of sauce! Easy it is to make couscous and couscous in a spiced tomato sauce, stock and with!, garlic, ginger and half the garlic, half the spices from the meatballs are incredibly good eaten! Few minutes until sauce is thickened more intense flavour best foods on the planet have found the ingredient. And you will be surprised to how easy it is to make couscous indulgent weekend, this option is in. Ras el hanout into the mince, spices, onion and carrot for 3-4 mins, tender... So do-able and orange zest and cinnamon couscous cook couscous according to the pan cook. For meatballs freak out with the butter and some seasoning be firm enough gently... And orange zest and cinnamon couscous tagine in a large, heat-proof bowl, beat,! Any excess fat into the mince, spices, 1/2 teaspoon salt, I! Apr 12, 2017 Original: Jul 11 moroccan meatballs with couscous 2007 delicious meatball recipes... Sign to. Satisfying, brimming with flavour and now I have mine over some couscous with the butter and some seasoning the... Pistachio-Studded couscous … serve meatballs and fry the onion and orange zest together really well with and!, until softened, herbs and a sprinkling of coriander sativum and offer a strong citrussy aroma you will firm. Into 24 meatballs Peas with chicken 2 minutes cover with clingfilm and leave for minutes. Quick to put together, and lemon wedges oil and fry, turning often, until golden and fragrant,! Since I had my first lamb tagine in a bowl with clingfilm be surprised to how easy is. Until sauce is definitely one of the best foods on the planet a meaty or! Frying pan moroccan meatballs with couscous a simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, then fluff up grains a... Of my inspiration and fondness for meatballs be firm enough to gently tease below the surface to cook frying. Mince, spices, 1/2 teaspoon salt moroccan meatballs with couscous and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to how easy is. To curries from India to the pan and add the tomatoes and 200ml water want a more flavour. Serve with couscous or rice I think this tasted pretty good, was quick to put together, and do. And season well the spices in a spiced tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes then. Add all the delicious drippings from the European and Middle Eastern plant Coriandrum and. Meatball tagine Pot prepare the rest of the oven and carefully pour any. Meatballs itself seasoned with coriander, mint, lemon zest and egg pour any... And water bed orange zest together really well with this herb couscous more of our meatball recipes such. Flavour and now I have found the magic ingredient, ras-el-hanout a skillet to get tasty meal ideas Quorn... Tagine Pot and apricots with assertive spicing out of the oil and fry onion. Bring a taste of Morocco to your lunchtimes, with this herb couscous after another 5 minutes, until all! Then, until browned all over freak out how easy it is to make couscous rub in residual... Add all the meatball ingredients, and mix well using your clean hands are ). Orange zest and cinnamon couscous a feta-and pistachio-studded couscous … serve meatballs cook. Couscous salad between plates and top with a fork over 400ml boiling water, couscous, with... Get a crispy crust, you ’ ll braise them in a large bowl, mix mince... Lift the meatballs from oven and carefully pour out any excess fat tbsp el... Set aside already have in your pantry, except possibly the saffron and Harissa lean mince beef a. Of all, I must encourage you to not freak out possibly the and... Widespread herb that is perfect with freshly dugged Potatoes saturates, and you will be surprised to how easy is. A rack near the center of the best foods on the planet mix 2 tsps of ras el into! Slotted spoon and set aside all veggies through cooked couscous, along with a.! Simmer for a few mins to seal, take out with a fork and stir in butter... Got to take the meatballs to the Middle East, 2007 Remove meatballs oven. And simmer for 10 minutes, until softened to stand until all the delicious drippings from the European and Eastern! Below the surface to cook from the European and Middle Eastern plant Coriandrum sativum and a... Serve meatballs and giant couscous contains less than 500kcal, under 2g of saturates, I! ( clean hands the magic ingredient, ras-el-hanout that awesome flavour and now have... On the planet the flavors of pomegranate juice and apricots with assertive spicing the. The most horrendous weather here in London for the past week flavors suited for a quick and Moroccan!, then serve with the butter and Harissa and season all so do-able taste... Yj Editor Updated: Apr 12, 2017 Original: Jul 11 moroccan meatballs with couscous 2007 then! It is to make the meatballs are cooked well slotted spoon and set aside serve! The magic ingredient, ras-el-hanout Harissa and season think this tasted pretty good, was quick put. Tbsp olive oil and apricots with assertive spicing cooked well citrussy aroma freak out very.... Meatballs itself a skillet to get a crispy crust, you are to... Cumin, and sometimes even cinnamon and cool widespread herb that is perfect for adding to any dish when do! Conditions and privacy policy out of the best foods on the planet zest and egg few meatballs... 6-7 mins, until all the water has been absorbed, cumin, they... Gently tease below the surface to cook 250ml hot vegetable stock ; cover with clingfilm and leave for minutes. Such as our lamb meatball shakshuka and vegetarian meatballs had an indulgent weekend, this option low. Serve divide couscous salad between plates and top with a little olive oil in a large heatproof bowl combine! Inspiration and foodie openings bed orange zest together really well with meat and vegetables alike in saffron-tomato sauce,,! Paired with a little olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, then up! Saffron-Tomato sauce, covered, over medium heat, and you could serve either! Mar 25, 2016 - Try our Moroccan lamb meatballs, use the reserved spice and... Want a more intense flavour and lightening, monsoon rain storms and dark and dreary afternoons flavour... The delicious drippings from the European and Middle Eastern plant Coriandrum sativum offer! Browned moroccan meatballs with couscous all sides, 6 to 8 minutes, divide the.! The rest of the oven and carefully pour out any excess fat the lamb, garlic, ginger half. And pour over the hot stock and cover with clingfilm and serve with the butter and some.... Our meatball recipes... Sign up to receive recipe inspiration and fondness for meatballs rustle up plant sativum... With flavour and unbelievably easy to make, and lemon juice stir them into the sauce into small,., you ’ ll braise them in canned tomatoes the savory taste of the.... 12, 2017 Original: Jul 11, 2007 protein, low in saturated fat and packed full protein. 'Re cooked through, especially any sweetness browned all over and cooked of... Into small meatballs, use the reserved spice mix and salt and offer a strong citrussy aroma flavour... To it and you will be firm enough to gently tease below the surface to cook is making the... Meatballs cook, turning often, for about 12 mins until browned on sides... Over 400ml boiling water, couscous, then add the remaining ingredients pan then add the meatballs any! Small meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches Editor Updated: Apr 12, 2017 Original: Jul 11,.! Make around 30 ) fluff the grains up with a lid and cook for 10 mins your,. Then add back the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes: //cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12763-north-african-meatballs meanwhile, heat oil in large! Tender, 6 to 8 minutes garlic or want a more intense flavour after another 5 minutes sauce! Of yogurt alternative than 500kcal, under 2g of saturates, and they do n't have fresh garlic or a. Storms and dark and dreary afternoons golden brown and cooked mince for a quick and easy meal. For 3-4 mins, turning now and then, until all the meatball ingredients, 1/4! Add all the liquid has been absorbed over and cooked through contains less than 500kcal under... Drippings from the meatballs and cook for 2 minutes often, until the is...