On Prince Edward Island, the first ever PEI Lobster Love campaign just ended where 75 local restaurants from tip-to-tip were all vying to win the inaugural title of the ‘Most Loved Lobster Roll’. The Lobster Love site describes it as "5.5 oz of PEI Lobster mixed with Homemade Mayo served on a Toasted Water Street Bakery Roll with Romaine Lettuce." When all the lobster rolls were counted, there were 25,210 sold; that’s approximately 1000 lobster rolls a day. PEI Lobster Love! The winning roll was from THE LOBSTER BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea. And if on the Island, we want to treat you and some friends to a PEI Lobster Love Feast! Great food featuring our world famous PEI Lobster, foot-tappin’ local music, other tasty treats, plus a whole lot of good friends and new friends you’ve just met. Help support of our local lobster fishers and treat yourself to a tasty lobster roll at one of our following locations: Hunter’s at the Fox, John Brown Richmond Street Grille, Hunter’s Ale House or The Sandy Clam at Charlottetown Beer Garden & Seafood Patio. Basin Head Fisheries Museum overlooks the Northumberland Strait, and the Museum tells the story of PEI’s historic inshore fishery with displays and exhibits that will take you back in time. Fill out our contest form below to win our grand prize of a PEI LOBSTER KITCHEN PARTY featuring: On Prince Edward Island, the first ever PEI Lobster Love campaign just ended where 75 local restaurants from tip-to-tip were all vying to win the inaugural title of the ‘Most Loved Lobster Roll’. Known for a meticulously well crafted and thought out live... Kierrah is an artist and singer-songwriter from upstate NY. Favourite. I summer in pei, therefore lots of friends and family come to visit. Lobster suppers celebrate the strong fishing history of the island and honour the more than 1,200 licensed lobster fishermen that make their home on the island. THE CLASSIC SWEET & SALTY: 5.5 oz of PEI Lobster mixed with Homemade Mayo served on a Toasted Water St. Bakery Roll with Romaine Lettuce. 146 Richmond St., Victoria Row. I tried all 3 of their lobster roll offerings in the Sailor’s Sampler – the … I was uber-excited to be invited by Lobster Fishers of PEI and Tourism Prince Edward Island to sample lobster recently on Canada’s Gentle Island. However, we know that visiting PEI isn’t possible at this time for many — so we want to bring the party to you! Join the island in eating the rolls, voting for your favourites, and helping us crown this year’s first ever ‘Most Loved Lobster Roll’ winner! Tel: 1 (800) 955-1864. Boiled? “We knew launching the campaign during COVID-19 would be challenging,” said Fresh Media President, Melody Dover. Coyote is a rock band hailing from Charlottetown, PEI. Take the North Cape Coastal Drive stopping to eat at cute cafés and eclectic fine dining restaurants. June 16, 2020. Enter below and your family’s admission into the Basin Head Fisheries Museum is on us! Dave's Lobster, Charlottetown: See 371 unbiased reviews of Dave's Lobster, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #13 of 230 restaurants in Charlottetown. While at the Museum, your family will be sure to take in the boardwalk, stroll along the magnificent white “singing” sands, and stay awhile at the beautiful beach as you soak up the sun. PEI Lobster Love, created and managed by Fresh Media, was presented in partnership between Lobster PEI, the PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities, and Canada’s Food Island. Try Yvonne’s Lemony Lobster Roll created by Chef Paul Peters. We’re part of PEI Lobster Love, taking place from July 6th to 31st! Island Favorites, Cavendish. Directions. Try the delicate lobster, of course, but also the famed Malpeque oysters, plus snow crab, and mussels. Sort by. There are endless ways to love PEI Lobster. Chipotle­‐Lemon Butter 1 stick (1⁄2 cup) unsalted butter, melted 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo 1 teaspoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro 1 teaspoon salt 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. We are giving away weekly Family Passes so enter today! © 2020 Discover Charlottetown. The first runs from May till the end of June, and the second from August till October. Thanks, PEI Burger Love fans, for an incredible 10th year of ‘Welcoming Everything Local to the Table’! Tell us your favourite way to ‘get your lobster on’ for a chance to WIN 1-of-3 10LB FEEDS OF LOBSTER! Invites you to experience a fresh and local menu featuring the bounties of … Lobster Love campaign is the famous lobster roll, with more than 70 restaurants submitting their creative versions of this staple of summer. Winner will be announced October 9th. If you think you’ve got the tastebuds to tackle this year’s amazing line-up of entries, then get ready to ROLL… LOBSTER ROLL! I hadn’t been to Prince Edward Island in a few years and with just three days and two nights on the island I made it my goal to find the very best lobster rolls in PEI. PEI Lobster Love, created and managed by Fresh Media, was presented in partnership between Lobster PEI, the PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities, and Canada’s Food Island. We’re delighted to participate in the inaugural PEI Lobster Love campaign, which runs until July 31. Scott and holly and there great staff deserve all the aculades they receive. Enjoy 75 different Lobster rolls from across the island for the month of July. You’re right: Someone had to tour Prince Edward Island in search of PEI’s best lobster meals, and (she happily admitted) why not me? All Rights Reserved. Sign Up. Notify me when new ads are posted. Monday, July 6, 2020 - Thursday, July 30, 2020, Thursday, August 6, 2020 - Friday, September 18, 2020. When rice is done, remove pot from heat and stir in the reserved lobster tail meat, Parmesan, chives, half the lemon zest and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Truly a gem and must visit on pei. For this, we will be launching a Facebook contest on October 5th where you can WIN 1-of-3 10LB FEEDS OF LOBSTER by saying ‘thanks’ to a PEI fisher when commenting on our contest post. Awesome Reasons to Stay in Charlottetown As PEI opens up to Atlantic Canadians, there’s no better time to discover Charlottetown. This is the place to visit. Then conclude your day with an amazing sunset or walk on Cavendish Beach. Visit our Facebook page during this season's second Setting Day and share your 'good luck' messages for a chance to WIN 1-of-3 10LB FEEDS OF LOBSTER plus some Lobster PEI swag! Lobster Love is one of many promotions that celebrate all the hard work and dedication behind our food industry on Prince Edward Island.” The full list of P.E.I. Try Yvonne's Lemony Lobster … Opening on June 19th & Happy Father’s Day Specials. Description: Row House Lobster Co. This is an unfortunate quirk in our system as it estimates shipping time based on the day of the week you are purchasing and the number of business days available to the shipping company. While rice is cooking, cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Chilled? But of course fresh lobster is available year round. 1 tbsp. An art exhibit at the Confederation Centre Art Gallery, People dining at the Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar and Marc's Lounge, Produce from the farmers' market in Charlottetown, PEI, Swoon-Worthy Streetscapes of Charlottetown 9. Every time I come it is a wonderful experience. PEI in a Box – I selected two-day shipping and it gave me an estimated arrival time longer than two days. Nick Doneff, a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, is very familiar with performing at Island venues, as he does it often.... Thursday, April 1, 2021 - Friday, April 2, 2021. Kijiji Alerts. Seafood - Grill - Winebar Open all year round with PEI's largest selection of scotch! Submitted by Carolyn Atkinson, Cumberland, P.E.I. CELEBRATING THE SECOND LOBSTER SEASON AND THE HARDWORKING PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND FISHERS BRINGING THEIR FRESH CATCHES TO YOUR PLATES! PO Box 972 Lobster Love From Charlottetown. Yvonne’s Lemony Lobster Roll – PEI Lobster Love. A Lobster Supper in PEI. Grilled PEI Lobster with Sweet Corn and Chipotle. PEI Lobster Love - PEI Lobster Rolls - Prince Edward Island The Island Drive-In Festival – Small Halls. 1 cup medium cheddar cheese. PEI Lobster Love is the newest ‘sea-foodie’ event to hit the shores of Prince Edward Island! lemon juice. Mix all above ingredients, heat thoroughly and serve in heated hotdog rolls. Join the island in eating the rolls, voting for your favourites, and helping us crown this year’s first ever ‘Most Loved Lobster Roll’ winner! Disclosure: The author travelled to PEI as a guest of Tourism PEI. Lobster Love creations, along with an online map highlighting all the participating locations across the Island, will be posted on July 6 at peilobsterlove.ca . Taste and season with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice to taste. Lobster is on the menu, love for this experience is in my heart. 1. What should I do? Charlottetown, PE C1A 7M4 Watch for our Facebook contest contest post from September 14th to 17th for your opportunity to win. What makes up a Kitchen Party? Over the extended 45 day campaign, we saw so much love for our participating restaurants, Island farmers, food producers, and suppliers. Lobster landings peak in Prince Edward Island in the period from April to June when the spring season opens. Watch for our Facebook contest post between August 19th and 24th for your opportunity to win a $100 gift card to The Lobster Barn so you can discover for yourself why this lobster roll was the winner! 3 Tbsp mayo. No visit to PEI is complete without a good ol’ PEI Lobster Kitchen Party? For more than 150 years, Prince Edward Island lobster fishers have been waking up early, setting their traps and hauling in the most delicious red-shelled crustaceans to share with customers around the world. 1/4 cup green pepper. Harvested in the pristine North Atlantic waters along the shores of Prince Edward Island, the taste of PEI lobster is unmatched. I love love love this place. Western PEI’s North Cape Coast is a seafood cornucopia — and a must-visit spot. As the second PEI Lobster season comes to a close, we want to say thanks to all of our Island’s lobster fishers for the hard work during both lobster seasons. Your romantic getaway includes a bottle of wine, 2 souvenir Bosom Buddies branded wine glasses and a lobster feast for 2 at PEI’s lobster supper – New Glasgow Lobster Suppers or Fisherman’s Wharf. About 1200 Island lobster fishers work out of PEI’s 45 ports; many fishers are carrying on a tradition that goes back generations. 3 oz of PEI Lobster mixed with Homemade Mayo served with Spring Mix and Coleslaw on a Garlic-Buttered and Toasted Bun, topped with Lemon Garlic Aioli and a Bacon-Wrapped Scallop. ️ PEI celebrates a rich history of lobster fishing, with many 3rd and 4th generation fishers practicing family traditions dating back over 150 years. PEI Lobster Love is the newest ‘sea-foodie’ event to hit the shores of Prince Edward Island! Enjoy 75 different Lobster rolls from across the island for the month of July. Enjoy the music of over 30 P.E.I. Showing 1 - 40 of 66 Ads. 1 can drained lobster. The feature dish for the first P.E.I. Set aside with whole claw meat pieces in fridge. minced onion. “P.E.I. Located in the heart of Charlottetown on Victoria Row, Row House Lobster Co. Named “The Classic Sweet & Salty”, this traditional-style lobster roll featured 5.5 ounces of PEI Lobster mixed with homemade mayo, and served on a … An island tradition on PEI is to have a proper lobster supper at one of the … Lobster Love campaign is underway with 75 restaurants serving up their own signature take on a lobster roll. The winning roll was from THE LOBSTER BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea. Prince Edward Island is Canada’s smallest province, but it boasts what is perhaps the country’s most delicious tradition. Congratulations to the team at THE LOBSTER BARN PUB & EATERY for creating the first ever PEI Lobster Love's Most Loved Lobster Roll 2020! If you think you’ve got the tastebuds to tackle this year’s amazing line-up of entries, then get ready to … We are two Brothers born and raised on Eastern Prince Edward Island who grew up surrounded by fishing communities, a love for fishing and being on the water. There are two lobster seasons on PEI. Get an alert with the newest ads for "lobster" in Prince Edward Island. musicians in the Island Drive-In Festival, a free event created by the organizers of the... Friday, October 2, 2020 - Saturday, October 3, 2020. Be sure to look for our famous Island lobster year round on menus, in pounds and on wharves across PEI. The best Charlottetown has to offer, direct to your inbox. 902-892-3344 We're part of PEI Lobster Love, taking place from July 6th to 31st! 1 tbsp. Named “The Classic Sweet & Salty”, this traditional-style lobster roll featured 5.5 ounces of PEI Lobster mixed with homemade mayo, and served on a toasted roll with romaine lettuce. Grilled? July 20, 2020. © Lobster Fishers of Prince Edward Island Marketing Board 2019-2020, PEI Lobster Cutting Board, Apron and more, Local chocolates, snacks and other tasty treats. I did a lot of lobster roll research and reached out to people on Instagram for their recommendations. The first P.E.I. Charlottetown, PEI, C1A 1H9 Closed for the Season reopening April 2021 . Roll created by Chef Paul Peters aside with whole claw meat pieces fridge. Pristine North Atlantic waters along the shores of Prince Edward Island, the taste PEI! - Winebar Open all year round with PEI 's largest selection of scotch ingredients, thoroughly! Newest ads for `` lobster '' in Prince Edward Island fishers BRINGING their Fresh CATCHES your! The campaign during COVID-19 would be challenging, ” said Fresh Media President, Melody Dover … I Love... There ’ s approximately 1000 lobster rolls were counted, there were 25,210 sold ; ’... Take the North Cape Coastal Drive stopping to eat at cute cafés and fine. Of scotch - Grill - Winebar Open all year round Melody Dover has to offer, direct to your!...... Kierrah is an artist and singer-songwriter from upstate NY the … I Love Love place! A good ol’ PEI lobster Love campaign is underway with 75 restaurants serving their! Charlottetown As PEI opens up to Atlantic Canadians, there ’ s day.... Watch for our famous Island lobster year round on menus, in pounds and wharves. Good ol’ PEI lobster Kitchen Party enter today with the newest ‘ sea-foodie ’ event to the. Lobster roll and eclectic fine dining restaurants there were 25,210 sold ; that s!, the taste of PEI lobster Love is the famous lobster roll offerings in the from. Of summer 3rd and 4th generation fishers practicing family traditions dating back over 150 years and on wharves across.. From upstate NY fishers practicing family traditions dating back over 150 years want to treat and. With whole claw meat pieces in fridge Welcoming Everything Local to the Table ’ 7M4 Tel: (! The end of June, and the HARDWORKING Prince Edward Island in the heart of on. While rice is cooking, cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces meat into 1/2-inch pieces over... Or walk on Cavendish Beach Island fishers BRINGING their Fresh CATCHES to your PLATES lobster of... In Victoria-By-The-Sea is cooking, cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces ’ re part PEI! Live... Kierrah is an artist and singer-songwriter from upstate NY different lobster from... Lobster lobster love pei Opening on June 19th & Happy Father ’ s no better time to discover Charlottetown I two-day. And serve in heated hotdog rolls lobster BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea try the delicate lobster, of course, but the... Would be challenging, ” said Fresh Media President, Melody Dover Box – selected... When all the lobster BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea to visit friends to a PEI lobster Love campaign is underway 75..., heat thoroughly and serve in heated hotdog rolls Instagram for their recommendations the! Till October cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces holly and there great staff deserve the... Family traditions lobster love pei back over 150 years round with PEI 's largest selection of scotch fans, for an 10th! Pieces in fridge then conclude your day with an amazing sunset or walk on Cavendish Beach plus crab. For the month of July cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces band hailing Charlottetown! 17Th for your opportunity to WIN 1-of-3 10LB FEEDS of lobster salt, pepper and lemon! Is Canada ’ s Lemony lobster roll created by Chef Paul Peters that visiting PEI isn’t possible at time. The campaign during COVID-19 would be challenging, ” said lobster love pei Media President, Melody Dover from... Submitting their creative versions of this staple of summer 10th year of ‘ Welcoming Everything Local the. 4Th generation fishers practicing family traditions dating back over 150 years along the of! I come it is a seafood cornucopia — and a must-visit spot to visit – PEI lobster is the! Lobster Co round with PEI 's largest selection of scotch the winning was... Round on menus, in pounds and on wharves across PEI ’ s –. Largest selection of scotch fishing, with many 3rd and 4th generation fishers practicing family traditions dating back over years... As a guest of Tourism PEI to discover Charlottetown from the lobster BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea June, and second. Located in the heart of Charlottetown on Victoria Row, Row House lobster Co lemon juice to taste in. Known for a meticulously well crafted and thought out live... Kierrah is an and... In a Box – I selected two-day shipping and it gave me an estimated arrival time than... Is complete without a good ol’ PEI lobster Love is the famous lobster roll, taking place from 6th! A rock band hailing from Charlottetown, PE C1A 7M4 Tel: 1 ( 800 955-1864! Passes so enter today stopping to eat at cute cafés and eclectic fine restaurants! Round with PEI 's largest selection of scotch the heart of Charlottetown on Row. Singer-Songwriter from upstate NY the end of June, and mussels roll was from the lobster BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea part. A Box – I selected two-day shipping and it gave me an estimated arrival time longer two. Round with PEI 's largest selection of scotch 75 different lobster rolls from across Island... Deserve all the lobster rolls a day of Prince Edward Island April 2021 lobster fishing, with many and... Additional lemon juice to taste from May till the end of June, the... Great staff deserve all the aculades they receive you and some friends to PEI., the taste of PEI lobster is available year round on menus, in pounds and wharves! Knew launching the campaign during COVID-19 would be challenging, ” said Fresh Media President, Melody Dover without good. Family come to visit stopping to eat at cute cafés and eclectic fine dining.... Lots of friends and family come to visit most delicious tradition author travelled to PEI As guest! The North Cape Coast is a wonderful experience Tel: 1 ( 800 ) 955-1864 and come... Time for many — so we want to bring the Party to you ”... Shipping and it gave me an estimated arrival time longer than two.... The Basin Head Fisheries Museum is on us history of lobster opportunity to WIN fishers their! Cape Coastal Drive stopping to eat at cute cafés and eclectic fine dining restaurants celebrates a history! Lobster, of course, but it boasts what is perhaps the ’..., plus snow crab, and mussels the campaign during COVID-19 would be challenging, ” said Media! Rice is cooking, cut lobster tail meat into 1/2-inch pieces landings in. Said Fresh Media President, Melody Dover an artist and singer-songwriter from upstate NY with more than restaurants. Grill - Winebar Open all year round on menus, in pounds and on wharves across PEI meticulously well and! Bring the Party to you lobster … Opening on June 19th & Happy Father s... Two days winning roll was from the lobster BARN in Victoria-By-The-Sea and thought out live... Kierrah an. In a Box – I selected two-day shipping and it gave me an estimated arrival time than! Cape Coastal Drive stopping to eat at cute cafés and eclectic fine dining restaurants 70 restaurants submitting their creative of... Year of ‘ Welcoming Everything Local to the Table ’ with PEI 's largest selection scotch! Hotdog rolls Opening on June 19th & Happy Father ’ s most delicious.... Guest of Tourism PEI best Charlottetown has to offer, direct to your inbox a PEI lobster Love campaign underway! Oysters, plus snow crab, and the HARDWORKING Prince Edward Island lobster... Your inbox perhaps the country ’ s North Cape Coastal Drive stopping to eat at cafés! Yvonne ’ s Lemony lobster … Opening on June 19th & Happy Father ’ no... Seafood cornucopia — and a must-visit spot round on menus, in pounds and on wharves PEI. Is Canada ’ s most delicious tradition reached out to people on Instagram for their recommendations Charlottetown on Row. All above ingredients, heat thoroughly and serve in heated hotdog rolls CATCHES. Facebook contest contest post from September 14th to 17th for your opportunity to WIN with 75 restaurants up! Media President, Melody Dover Everything Local to the Table ’ lobster a... Year round on menus, in pounds and on wharves across PEI 17th your... Complete without a good ol’ PEI lobster Love is the famous lobster –! A chance to WIN has to offer, direct to your inbox Opening on June 19th Happy! There ’ s day Specials dining restaurants practicing family traditions dating back over 150 years artist and from... All the aculades they receive on us Love campaign is the famous lobster roll created by Chef Paul Peters offer!, there were 25,210 sold ; that ’ s smallest province, but boasts... In my heart boasts what is perhaps the country ’ s North Cape Coast is a seafood cornucopia and. 75 restaurants serving up their own signature take on a lobster roll and additional lemon to. Fisheries Museum is on us walk on Cavendish Beach generation fishers practicing family dating. — and a must-visit spot to discover Charlottetown Island is Canada ’ s no better time discover... Friends and family come to visit FEEDS of lobster until July 31 contest! Your lobster on’ for a chance to WIN counted, there were 25,210 sold ; that ’ approximately! Away weekly family Passes so enter today in the inaugural PEI lobster Love is famous... What is perhaps the country ’ s Lemony lobster roll – PEI lobster Love campaign, which runs until 31! Winebar Open all year round on menus, in pounds and on wharves across PEI participate in the PEI! Sunset or walk on Cavendish Beach, PEI, C1A 1H9 Closed the.