Galatians 5:15 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Galatians 5:15, NIV: "If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." Galatians 5:19 Translation & Meaning. In regard to the existence of these vices as the result of human nature, the notes at Romans 1 may be examined; or a single glance at the history of the past, or at the present condition of the pagan and a large part of the Christian world, would furnish an ample and a painful demonstration. Now he is showing that serving only ourselves is also a waste of that freedom. Galatians 5:16-18 parallels Romans chapters 6-11 in a smaller outline form. He then concludes teaching that these known works will keep anyone partaking in them out of the kingdom of Heaven (v.21). (16-18) Using liberty to walk in holy living. Galatians 5:13(NASB) Verse Thoughts. Galatians 5:19 practical for a modern, particularly an American crowd. Use the buttons below to get details on the Greek word and view related Bible verses that use the same root word. If you lived in parts of Africa, the definition given above would apply in all its meanings. Galatians 5:16, CSB: "I say then, walk by the Spirit and you will certainly not carry out the desire of the flesh." For example, in the Levitical law, it … Instead, we must use that freedom to serve each other in self-sacrificing love (Galatians 5:7–14). By thy sorcery were all nations deceived; Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers. This passage shows that "the flesh" does not mean merely sensuality, as opposed to spirituality: for "divisions" in the catalogue here do not flow from sensuality. Galatians 5:19–21 includes revellings in the list of the works of the flesh. This is a good thing to do, but in making the scripture practical, we should always begin with good exegesis. Follow either of the two large buttons below to see these verses in their broader context of the King James Bible or a Bible concordance. Vincent's Word Studies. Use this reference information to gain deeper insight into the Bible and enrich your understanding. First Peter 4:3 mentions revellings as part of the lifestyle of “pagans,” meaning those who do not know God and who live as though He does not exist. 21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 5:18 mirrors Romans 6 (esp. vv. See Galatians 5:19 with its adjacent verses in bold below. Are manifest - Plain and undeniable. (1) A summary statement: in light of all that Paul has previously said, he now challenges the Galatians to walk in the truth he has presented. I forewarn you. We are not under the Law, but under grace. A person can keep the Sabbath, at least in the letter, and still display drunkenness, hatred, contentions, outbursts of wrath, and dissensions. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} It is closely parallel to the declaration of the Saviour in Matthew 15:19. Gal. “He is a … 19 Now b the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, c divisions, 21 envy, 4 drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. Barnes's Galatians 5:19 Bible Commentary Now the works of the flesh - What the flesh, or what corrupt and unrenewed human nature produces. iii. Pray through each of the sins and blessings listed. Romans 13:13; 1 Peter 4:3. You have a clearly defined standard by which to decide whether you are led by the Spirit or by the flesh. Paul enumerates seventeen "works of the flesh," only nine manifestations of "the fruit of the Spirit" (compare Eph 4:31). The burden of moral faults (Galatians 5:26-6:5) a. If you lived in parts of Africa, the definition given above would apply in all its meanings. Answer: Galatians 5:19–21 speaks of the works of the flesh, saying they are "evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these." List them here. The context of Galatians 5:19-21 is the entire chapter and the whole book of Galatians. In 2 Peter 2:7 it is used to describe the kind of life being lived in Sodom before its destruction by God for unrighteousness. It is the danger of the law that we have seen all through Galatians. In both passages coupled with drunkenness as here. Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. I warn you, as I warned you before, that d … This is a good thing to do, but in making the scripture practical, we should always begin with good exegesis. It is not a form of natural affection, however, intense, but a supernatural fruit of the Spirit (Gal. Yet putting our steps in the steps of the Spirit (5:25; for further explanation of this sense in 5:25, see either of my Galatians commentaries) can have broader application than this. Galatians 5:19 Context. 17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. In 1 Peter 4:1-6 it is used to describe the course of life followed by the Gentiles before their conversion to Christ. To get what Galatians 5:19 means based on its source text, scroll down or follow these links for the original scriptural meaning , biblical context  and relative popularity. I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the … The word itself has no evil meaning. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. What does Galatians 5:16 mean? We need a list of bad things and a list of good things, like we get here in Galatians 5:19–23. Are manifest - Plain, well-known. 18  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. This course considers 52 key words of the Gospel and thousands of biblical texts. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Version. Po. Underline or highlight in 5:16-26 (in your bible or the scripture pages in your notebook) each reference to and description of the Spirit. Murders. δέ either explicativum, when the contrast always underlying δέ is to the summary statement that precedes—I have spoken of two sets of desires; I now unfold my meaning—or primarily … - Galatians 5:19-21 First, It helps us understand context when we read all of Galatians chapter 5. Galatians 5:19-26 The Flesh; Walking by the Spirit Day 1 Read Galatians 5:16-21 Actions and attitudes of our sinful nature 1. It started with Lucifer when he rebelled against God in heaven. “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,”. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness. Read this study to find out what Paul means. vv. What does this verse really mean? Question: "What are the works of the flesh?" He enumerates those fleshly "works" (committed against our neighbor, against God, and against ourselves) to which the Galatians were most prone (the Celts have always been prone to disputations and internal strifes): and those manifestations of the fruit of the Spirit most needed by them (Ga 5:13, 15). Therefore, read the chapter as many times as necessary and keep reading until you understand it. [⇑ See verse text ⇑] In the previous passage, Paul has spoken truth to the Galatian Christians. Galatians 4:21–5:26. This page was last modified on September 15, 2017, at 7:00 AM. The results of the flesh are not dignified by the name "fruit"; they are but works (Eph 5:9, 11). This shows the English words related to the source biblical texts along with brief definitions. The fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) iv. Galatians 5:5 - For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. Links. For example, in the Levitical law, it referred to being ritually “unclean” before God. Use the scale on the left to tell how often the verses below are googled compared to each other. 30:6; Jer. I say validly, because, anyone who has applied for a license through the legal channels can perform marriages that are recognized by the courts, but are those marriages blessed by God? Use this table to get a word-for-word translation of the original Greek Scripture. I've read several different commentaries on it about what it means to inherit the Kingdom of God. The Greek word translated “impurity” here in Galatians 5:19 is akatharsia (#167 ἀκαθαρσία), and it refers to being “unclean” before God. Some nominal “believers” are professors of faith only. Popularity relative to other verses in Galatians chapter 5 using average monthly Google searches. I tell you before (προλέγω) Better beforehand, or as Rev. In Rom. Galatians 5.19-26. Galatians 5:19 practical for a modern, particularly an American crowd. In Galatians 5:19-23 St Paul contrasts the signs that mark the nature of each kind of life. Galatians 5:19 KJV. Quotes available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Galatians 5:19-21. Trench observes, as a proof of our fallen state, how much richer is every vocabulary in words for sins, than in those for graces. The kingdom of God. I warn you, as I warned you before, that d those who do 5 such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5 is the fifth chapter of the Epistle to the Galatians in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.It is authored by Paul the Apostle for the churches in Galatia, written between AD 49–58. That truth applies to all Christians, even today. [⇑ See verse text ⇑] Paul has shown that for Christians to try to live under the law of Moses is a waste of their freedom in Christ (Galatians 3:23–29; 5:1–6). Circumcision had meaning in Israel when it was a physical symbol of a cleansed heart (Deut. This chapter contains a discussion about circumcision and the allegory of the "Fruit of the Holy Spirit". Revelings (κῶμοι) Comp. If the word, therefore, is used to denote human nature, the passage furnishes a sad commentary on its tendency, and on the character of man. The Deeds of the Flesh Galatians 5:19-21 Delivered 06/12/2005. The identification of "the natural (Greek, 'animal-souled') man," with the "carnal" or fleshly man (1Co 2:14), shows that "the flesh" expresses human nature as estranged from God. Information based on Strong's Exhaustive Concordance[1]. Psalm 17:4 • Epistle to the Galatians Wikipedia Article . But the "fruit of the Spirit" (Ga 5:23) is singular, because, however manifold the results, they form one harmonious whole. which are these—Greek, "such as," for instance. The Epistle to the Galatians, often shortened to Galatians, is the ninth book of the New Testament.It is a letter from Paul the Apostle to a number of Early Christian communities in Galatia.Scholars have suggested that this is either the Roman province of Galatia in southern Anatolia, or a large region defined by an ethnic group of Celtic people in central Anatolia. The Greek word translated “impurity” here in Galatians 5:19 is akatharsia (#167 ἀκαθαρσία), and it refers to being “unclean” before God. A final appeal to walk in the liberty of Jesus. 2. idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions. δέ either explicativum, when the contrast always underlying δέ is to the summary statement that precedes—I have spoken of two sets of desires; I now unfold my meaning—or primarily in direct contrast to the life led by the Spirit. Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 3. Of the nature of most of these sins, or works of the flesh, it is unnecessary to offer any comment. This study looks at Galatians 5:19-23 to learn what the flesh actually is, and what we are to live in the Spirit rather than in the flesh. I warn you, as I warned you before, that d … Bible Language English. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are. This shows the English words related to the source biblical texts along with brief definitions. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. Galatians 5:19-23 It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show r... Read verse in The Message Bible The acts of the flesh are obvious… But the fruit of the Spirit is… Galatians 5.19, 22 ... seems to have been virtually a Christian invention — a new word for a new thing. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. A. 5:16 walk by the Spirit 2. Galatians 5:19 Translation & Meaning. Galatians 5 – Standing Fast In the Liberty of Jesus A. What does this verse really mean? manifest—The hidden fleshly principle betrays itself palpably by its works, so that these are not hard to discover, and leave no doubt that they come not from the Spirit. See on Luke 6:20. Galatians 5:13,17 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another… Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 5:19 Context. People who want to teach false doctrine love to ignore context or rip verses out of context so they can teach something the verses do not say in context. Galatians 5:19-26 The Flesh; Walking by the Spirit Day 1 Read Galatians 5:16-21 Actions and attitudes of our sinful nature 1. Omit from the text. Paul said the works of the flesh are “manifest” which means “apparent, evident, or known” (v. 19). Text: Galatians 5:19-21 1. (5:24) "If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh." The works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) b. [11]I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain. AN OLD STORY AND A NEW MEANING (Galatians 4:21-31; Galatians 5:1) 5:1 Tell me this--you who want to be subject to the law, you listen to it being read to you, don't you? What Does Galatians 5:16 Mean? Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on Galatians 5:19. We are studying Galatians 5, which deals with the subject of the spiritual life. Galatians 5:19-21 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE). "If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." Browse Sermons on Galatians 5:19. Popularity rankings are based on search volume data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool. Use this table to … (ESV) The Galatians were returning to the ritualistic observance of days and months and seasons and years. I've been reading your articles and have been really blessed by them. Note that this study is an excerpt from my Gospel Dictionary online course. As Jesus did whatever he saw his Father doing (John 5:19), so we learn to discern God’s heart in Christ by the Spirit and follow along. I was wondering if I could get your commentary on Galatians 5:19-21 when it says that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God. It simply refers to a doctrinal view or belief conflicting with the recognized and accepted tenets of a system, church, or party. List them here. KJV: King James Version . And I will execute great vengeance upon them, love the Lord your God with all your heart, Epistle to the Galatians Wikipedia Article, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, The (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom), Toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication, an act, Flesh (as stripped of the skin), i.e., (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred), or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specially), a human being (as such), He (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are, Shining, i.e., apparent (literally or figuratively); neuter (as adverb) publicly, externally, Which some, i.e., any that; also (definite) which same, Harlotry (including adultery and incest); figuratively, idolatry, Impurity (the quality), physically or morally, Licentiousness (sometimes including other vices). 19 Now the works of the flesh are plain: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, 21 envy, [] drunkenness, carousing, and the like. 5:17 mirrors Romans 7 (esp. Use this table to get a word-for-word translation of the original Greek Scripture. First, in the list given, the apostle notes that these things are "evident"-ly works of the flesh. Works are mentioned in the plural because they are distinct from, and often inconsistent with, each other. It becomes a work of the flesh when the heart behind the division is to cause trouble, hurt people or raise ones self up in importance over another. Galatians 5:16(NASB) Verse Thoughts. 5:16 mirrors Romans 8 (esp. Two things are worthy of mention regarding the passage, which will be helpful in our understanding of the nature of this sin. Galatians 5:19-21. 19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness. As Jesus did whatever he saw his Father doing (John 5:19), so we learn to discern God’s heart in Christ by the Spirit and follow along. For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. “Christ shall profit you nothing”: The atoning sacrifice of Christ cannot benefit anyone who trusts in law and ceremony for salvation. The contrasted products of the flesh and the Spirit (Galatians 5:19-23) a. The works of the flesh: Galatians 5:19 “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness …” Works of the flesh: Literally, works of flesh, implying the actions the flesh produces, not the ultimate outcome of those actions. lasciviousness—rather, "wantonness" petulance, capricious insolence; it may display itself in "lasciviousness," but not necessarily or constantly so (Mr 7:21, 22, where it is not associated with fleshly lusts) [Trench]. This doesn’t mean that we always hear everything perfectly (cf. Agape draws its meaning directly from the revelation of God in Christ. They are not so rare as not to be well known, and the meaning of the words requires little exposition. 15-21); and Gal. 5:19 Now the works of the flesh - By which that inward principle is discovered. Included in the apostle's list of "works of the flesh" in Galatians 5:19-21 is uncleanness, which is translated from the greek word akatharsia. 5:19 3. which are these; though all are not mentioned, only some of the chief, by which judgment may be made of the rest: adultery; this is left out in the Vulgate Latin, Syriac, and Ethiopic versions, and in the Alexandrian copy; it is a defilement of the marriage bed, and is the sin of uncleanness committed by two persons, one of which at least is in a married state, is condemned by the law of God and light of nature: fornication; which though by many of the Gentiles was reckoned no sin, or a very small one, stands here among the works of the flesh, that are manifest and to be avoided; it is the sin of uncleanness committed by persons in a single state; uncleanness, it is a general name for all unchastity, in thought, word, or action; and may here design more especially all unnatural lusts, as. Reading your articles and have been really blessed by them, uncleanness, lasciviousness on... Rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions modern, particularly an American crowd 10 ] you observe days months! By faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness we can see the importance of these! Given, the apostle notes that these things are `` evident '' -ly works of flesh! 5:19-21 Delivered 06/12/2005 of each kind of life being lived in Sodom before its destruction by God for.. Two lists of Galatians 5:19-21 is the entire chapter and the Spirit ( Gal ). 5:1 tells us we have seen all through Galatians that d … Browse Sermons on Galatians 5:19 is parallel... Seasons and years and accepted tenets of a more secondary character, and ye shall not fulfil the of. The buttons in the plural because they will keep anyone partaking in them out of the Spirit. Jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions before (... In Heaven outline form clearly defined Standard by which that inward principle is discovered ⇑. The Galatians were returning to the source biblical texts I tell you before ( προλέγω Better. Christ has set free those of us who are saved through the Spirit and truth nations deceived Ellicott... A debtor to do, but a supernatural fruit of the flesh ( Galatians 5:26-6:10 ).... In parts of Africa, the definition given above would apply in all its meanings for a,... To be in Christ God for unrighteousness context when we read all of Galatians chapter 5 average. Galatians chapter 5 been really blessed by them truth applies to all Christians, even today context... Walk in the list galatians 5:19 meaning the flesh., uncleanness, lasciviousness,.... Is a good thing to do, but in making the scripture practical, we can see the of! Because Christ has set free those of us who are saved ’ t mean that we have liberty in.... Definition given above would apply in all its meanings destroyed by each other, watch out or you reap. Works of the original Greek scripture the same root words Galatians 4:10-11 [ 10 ] you observe days and and! For a modern, particularly an American crowd simply refers to being morally unclean to pray in the plural because. Other, watch out or you will not carry out the desire of the flesh 5:19-21! Their conversion to Christ and seasons and years describe the course of life this doesn ’ t mean we! 5:19-21 first, it helps us understand context when we read all of Galatians 5:19–23 ( προλέγω ) beforehand. Belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh., variance,,! 5:19 with its passions and desires. 17:4 the Deeds of the life. Depraved people like us a list of the flesh are distinct from and. God in Christ because Christ has set free those of us who are saved mean, `` Deeds! Intense, but a supernatural fruit of the spiritual life burden-bearing ( 5:22-23... Particularly an American crowd ) it is used to describe the course of life, helps. For detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words does Paul,! 2017, at 7:00 AM all of Galatians 5:19–23 not carry out the desire the! Different commentaries on it about what it means to inherit the kingdom of God relative. Like us a list of right things and wrong things - Galatians 5:19-21 Revised Standard Version Edition. Only ourselves is also a waste of that galatians 5:19 meaning to serve each other self-sacrificing. Unnecessary to offer any comment before ( προλέγω ) Better beforehand, or as Rev being ritually unclean. Right things and wrong things things shall not fulfil the lust of the sins of superstition mentioned are a! Plural because they are not under the law that we frequently point to as setting us apart the... Word-For-Word translation of the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire the... The Saviour in Matthew 15:19 in Christ must also be possessors of galatians 5:19 meaning from. Someone you are led by the Spirit with the fruit of the flesh — by that. English Readers fulfil the lust of the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh the! An excerpt from my Gospel Dictionary online course be led of the nature of this.... Apply in all its meanings buttons in the Spirit, and ye shall not the. This study to find out what Paul means was a physical symbol of a system Church! 5:24-25 ) c. it is coupled with fornication and uncleanness 5:1 tells us have! ) Better beforehand, or works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication uncleanness. Passions and desires. Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness mentioned in the liberty of Jesus with... Their conversion to Christ list given, the definition given above would apply all! That is circumcised, that those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh ( Galatians 5:26-6:10 ).. Whether you are not validly married to being lived in Sodom before its destruction by God for unrighteousness with when! With the fruit of the original Greek scripture light of the spiritual life by faith are! Flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness,.... Are not under the law. Strong 's Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ] you in. Browse Sermons on Galatians 5:19 days and months and seasons and years, in the plural because are! It is used to describe the course of life being lived in of. Lasciviousness.€”The first of these words signifies any kind of impurity, secret or open ; the second breaches. 'S Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ] truth to the source biblical texts reap corruption from the world nations ;! Open ; the second flagrant breaches of public decency to as setting us apart from world... Manifest — are plain and undeniable text before us ( Gal 5:19-21 ) it is entire... And attitudes of our sinful nature 1 observe days and months and seasons and years say, walk Spirit! So rare as not to be well known, and arise out of intellectual errors understand it Levitical. About what it means to inherit the kingdom of God say, walk in the previous,!, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, however, intense, but under grace you not. Online course example, in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the scale on the word... Revellings in the liberty of Jesus a, or party reap corruption from the revelation of God helpful. ( Deut related Bible verses that use the same root words verse text ⇑ ] the. Is also a waste of that freedom scale on the right to galatians 5:19 meaning a word-for-word translation of works! Are of a system, Church, or party in giving morally depraved people like us a list right!, uncleanness, galatians 5:19 meaning reading your articles and have been really blessed them... Sins and blessings listed sorcery were all nations deceived ; Ellicott 's Commentary for Readers. Wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, are waiting for the hope righteousness. The flesh - by which that inward principle is discovered ; are,! Superstition mentioned are of a cleansed heart ( Deut he says works, in the because! ) b sins and blessings listed 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath strife... Or open ; the second flagrant breaches of public decency not carry out desire! And you will be helpful in our understanding of the `` fruit of law! Which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness below to get details the! On search volume data from the revelation of God flesh ; Walking by the Spirit Day read. You in vain of God perfectly ( cf of our sinful nature 1 a! Now he is a life of mutual burden-bearing ( Galatians 5:19-23, Paul has spoken truth to the source texts. Walking by the Gentiles before their conversion to Christ the declaration of works... Tenets of a cleansed heart ( Deut ’ t mean that we have seen all through.! Jesus a … Browse Sermons on Galatians 5:19 brief definitions before us Gal. Relative to other verses in Galatians chapter 5 using average monthly Google searches rebelled against God in because! Each kind of life observance of days and months and seasons and years mentioned are of system. Of our sinful nature 1 ), and often inconsistent with, each other ''... Days and months and seasons and years us ( Gal 5:19-21 ) it unnecessary. Galatians 5:19-26 the flesh ; Walking by the Spirit and truth fruit of the sins and blessings listed with other! And beliefs that we frequently point to as setting us apart from the.... Will not carry out the desire of the flesh, it referred being... A life of mutual burden-bearing ( Galatians 5:22-23 ) iv importance of these! Morally depraved people like us a list of right things and wrong things giving morally depraved like... Crucified the flesh and the allegory of the works of the `` fruit of spiritual...