Information is not currently available for this nutrient. One of my favorite bases for a composed salad in season is asparagus. It’s cheesy and crunchy and goes well with any kind of dinner – fish, chicken, steak, turkey or pork. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Drizzle the leftover mixture from the skillet onto the asparagus. If you don’t have almonds on hand or you don’t like them, omit them or use walnuts instead. Use it on low to medium heat when frying. This is loaded with parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning. I sauteed some minced onion and minced garlic in the EVOO/butter, then let it cool. Add the asparagus spears in a single layer then cover with a lid and cook until the asparagus is bright green and still crisp, about 5 minutes. Add a small knob of butter and stir while it melts on the asparagus just before serving up. Add cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water. I took the advice of other reviewers and added minced garlic and chopped onions (about 2 cloves and 1/2 an onion) and also threw in 2 slices bacon at the beginning, as my fiance doesn't like asparagas especially and would REALLY turn his nose up if no meat products were involved.....it was AMAZING!!!! First rinse thoroughly and cut off fibrous ends. My husband who had never put an asparagus in his mouth in 35 years - has eaten this 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Wet the asparagus in the water, and then dredge through the flour to coat. Add leek and asparagus; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. That’s what inspired to make a crispy version using seasoned breading mix that’s air fried. 1 lb asparagus stalks trimmed (try to choose the … Uncover and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. After it had cooled a little, I drizzled the mixture over the asparagus. ). Serve with additional Parmesan cheese. Note: The butter can be substituted with extra olive oil. PUBLISHED MARCH/APRIL 2019. Pecorino is also quite salty so don’t over-season the spears when using this cheese. Enjoy! A Spring Dish Asparagus with Deep Fried Eggs and Parmesan Its asparagus season in France and there is no better way to enjoy this wonderful vegetable than dipped into a soft-centred egg. Happy Foods Tube | Privacy Policy | Affiliate Policy. I probably used 1/2 c freshly shredded parm all said and done. Ingredients 1 tablespoon butter ¼ cup olive oil 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese salt and pepper to taste Rinse the asparagus spears under running water. Parmesan can be easily substituted with Grana Padano or Pecorino. NOTE: I served this with Mushroom Wild Rice Bake and Corn Bread Chicken. Pan fried asparagus with Parmesan is a tasty side dish ready in minutes. Ingredients. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and whole wheat crackers. The asparagus may brown slightly in spots, which adds to the pan-roasted flavor. If you are using Parmesan, you won’t need as much salt as Parmesan is quite salty. Heat up the oil in a frying pan/skillet. Place eggs in a shallow bowl and whisk in water. Asparagus never had it so good.For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Lay on paper towels and fold over to remove as much water on outside as possible. Rinse and cut ends off asparagus. Drain on paper towel adding grated parmesan cheese. Serve asparagus on the bed of rocket salad drizzled with olive oil and place the fried eggs on top. Preheat oven to 425°. A healthy, yet simple garlic parmesan cheese air fryer asparagus recipe great for BBQs, for steak, for fish, for post, and holidays. Info. Remove the wooden ends of the asparagus spears. 2 years ago. Thank you!!! Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Asparagus in the air fryer. To do this, pull one spear … Empty the bag onto the prepared sheet pan and evenly space the Appetizer Dishes Food Dishes Appetizer Recipes Avacado Appetizers Prociutto Appetizers Elegant Appetizers Mexican Appetizers Halloween Appetizers Asparagus. Thicker ones will need more than that. Need a healthy alternative to those crispy french fries? Tips: 2 years ago. I didn't mean to change the cooking method but, I did it out of ease. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Hmmm... reading reviews people said 3/4 TSP of cheese was not enough but the recipe I see calls for 3/4 CUP of parmesan, which seemed like too much! SERVES 6. Toss the asparagus with tongs, cover the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Stir in olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Fry the eggs to your preference. Place breaded Asparagus on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Then sprinkle with paremesan when you pull the pan out of the oven. You saved Asparagus Parmesan to your. Make in batches if needed. Add the asparagus spears in a single layer then cover with a lid and cook until the asparagus … Congrats! Air Fryer Crispy Keto Asparagus with Parmesan . Repeat with the other asparagus spears. The asparagus spears are dredged in seasoned flour, eggs, and a mixture of grated Parmesan and crispy panko bread crumbs, arranged on a rack, and then roasted in the oven at a high temperature for around 10 minutes. We wanted to preserve the fresh, sweet, grassy flavor of asparagus and ensure a crisp-tender texture without the drawbacks of steaming, which can leave asparagus washed-out and bland. Next, add the floured asparagus to the egg mixture, turning to coat. Swirl a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. The cooking time might vary. Place panko in a third shallow bowl and stir in parmesan. Need a healthy alternative to those crispy french fries? I cooked a 12 oz bag in a bowl covered with plastic wrap with about 1/4 cup of water, on the package directions. Then, I drained and added 1 Tblsp of whipped butter and olive oil to taste about 2 Tblsp. In a skillet, heat butter and oil on medium-high heat. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Place the asparagus in the pan and sprinkle with garlic powder ( I use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic). Amount is based on available nutrient data. I allow the fried asparagus to drain on a paper towel-lined wire rack for a moment or so, then pile them onto a platter and serve with the dipping sauce. Great generous amount of Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle the wine into the skillet, mix and take off fire. To make the tarragon vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard and sugar in a small bowl; stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Family didn't care for it but I LOVED IT. Sep 25, 2020 - Explore Cathy Malphrus's board "fried asparagus" on Pinterest. Asparagus that is pencil thin needs only 1-1.5 minute to cook. Prepare asparagus spears. Print Pin Rate. It has a relatively low smoke point which means it can burn and smoke quicker when using high heat. In addition to these delicious keto jicama fries, you’ve got to try making parmesan asparagus fries!They are crisped to perfection right from the oven in under 15 minutes, and are sure to hit the spot. Tips: Then sprinkled with the parmesan cheese. 2. Quick and easy asparagus that is sauteed, and topped off with Parmesan cheese. Transfer with tongs to paper I use butter for the flavor. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Place the spears into the pan making sure each spear touches the pan. A crispy asparagus appetizer is a great way to … Generously coat each asparagus spear in the egg wash with your first hand, then in the breading with your second hand until well-coated on all sides. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bakes at 450 for 5 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprayed down a rimmed cookie sheet with some PAM, rolled the asparagus around in it then seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. And, I used all of the ingredients listed, but scaled them back to cut a few calories. Fry the breaded asparagus until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, and drain on paper towels. Asparagus coated in panko and parmesan cheese and baked until crispy is a healthier alternative to regular fries. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. 5. Shake off excess egg, and then dredge through the bread crumb mixture. A Spring Dish Asparagus with Deep Fried Eggs and Parmesan Its asparagus season in France and there is no better way to enjoy this wonderful vegetable than dipped into a soft-centred egg. When making a composed salad, I like to begin with a single vegetable. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. That’s what inspired to make a crispy version using seasoned breading mix that’s air fried. Tip in the asparagus and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally so that it gets evenly coated with the seasoning. Tip in the asparagus and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally so that it gets evenly coated with the seasoning. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18318/pan-fried-asparagus Baking and spraying with a fat-free cooking spray may make it a bit healthier. WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. Print Recipe. The parmesan asparagus is shallow-fried in batches until golden-brown and crispy, for roughly 2-3 minutes, turning once. Deee-licious! I steam for 3 minutes, drain, then saute in 1 T oil and 1 T butter for 5 min. Remove and keep warm while browning the remaining spears. Constantly looking for new ways to enjoy this vegetable, this recipe right here takes the cake! Mix or shake to … Add more cheese mixture, if needed. If you can’t fit all the asparagus spears in the frying pan/skillet, I recommend doing it in 2 batches. Another way to prepare it is in the oven. Swirl a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off excess oil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. The result is a flavorful, wonderfully textured side dish or snack that's actually oven-baked and healthy, despite tasting fried. https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/sauteed-asparagus-with-butter-parmesan Our simple oven roasted cheese asparagus recipe is a popular low carb recipe on our site. Pan-Steamed Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan. Bake them for about 15 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. One of my favorite bases for a composed salad in season is asparagus. If using almonds, you might need to season more (but always to your taste). Just add a little freshly grated parmesan cheese and the combination is perfect. Transfer the asparagus to a serving dish. Enjoy! See more ideas about recipes, asparagus recipe, healthy recipes. This recipe is awesome. Easy asparagus vegetable side dish. Now coat the Asparagus with the Egg mixture and finally the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the coating to encourage it to stick. Place asparagus onto the prepared baking sheet. Ingredients 1 bundle Asparagus 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Pepper 1 tbsp Olive oil 1 tbsp Garlic mashed 1/2 Lemon Add asparagus spears, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or to desired firmness. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and whole wheat crackers. Transfer the asparagus to a serving dish. https://www.queenofmykitchen.com/panko-parmesan-crusted-asparagus Below are some of the best oils for frying this parmesan crusted asparagus dish: Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils to cook with. Remove the lid and toss the asparagus again. Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes and toast for 1 to 2 minutes, until toasted and lightly brown. This depends on the thickness of asparagus spears used and size of the pan – cooking it in more batches = more overall time needed. I alter it slightly to decrease fat. A low carb and keto friendly version of deep fried asparagus, with a parmesan cheese and almond flour breading. Browse more tasty Appetizer Recipes. Then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. I sprinkled on a little salt when I took them out of the microwave. Place into oven and roast for 12-15 minutes, or until tender but crisp. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/43206/roasted-asparagus-with-parmesan.aspx Now coat the Asparagus with the Egg mixture and finally the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the coating to encourage it to stick. I also used fresh parmesan. When done, transfer them onto a baking sheet. 199 calories; protein 7.8g; carbohydrates 4.1g; fat 17.5g; cholesterol 19.3mg; sodium 247.7mg. Asparagus. I also put 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic in the butter and oil and squirted the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the asparagus before adding the cheese. Serve immediately, topped with eggs and Parmesan, drizzled with tarragon vinaigrette. Air Fryer Crispy Keto Asparagus with Parmesan . https://www.simplymaderecipes.com/air-fryer-garlic-parmesan-asparagus Time needed: 7 minutes. https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/asparagus-with-crispy-parmesan If your pan is not large enough, do it in batches. Asparagus in the air fryer. Cook in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, turning the asparagus regularly, or until the asparagus has charred slightly and it cooked through. 1. Dip each asparagus spear in egg mixture and roll in crumbs to coat well. 4.15 from 7 votes. Rinse and cut ends off asparagus. Cook asparagus in a large deep skillet of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. 2 tablespoons olive oil; Baked in a 450 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. In addition to these delicious keto jicama fries, you’ve got to try making parmesan asparagus fries!They are crisped to perfection right from the oven in under 15 minutes, and are sure to hit the spot. Add a small knob of butter and stir while it melts on the asparagus just before serving up. Remove the lid and toss the asparagus again. Toss the asparagus with tongs, cover the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Dec 5, 2018 - Pan fried asparagus with Parmesan is a tasty side dish ready in minutes. This keto side dish will be loved by all!. You almost can’t taste the asparagus because it’s meltingly...Read More » I highly recommend using olive oil (preferably extra virgin olive oil) and not substituting it with vegetable or sunflower oil. Sprinkle the wine into the skillet, mix and take off fire. Place the asparagus in the pan and sprinkle with garlic powder ( I use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic). Once done and on the serving plate I just added shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano to suit our tastes. Heat up the oil in a frying pan/skillet. When making a composed salad, I like to begin with a single vegetable. Place eggs in a shallow bowl and whisk in water. Drizzle the leftover mixture from the skillet onto the asparagus. I roasted this instead of cooking it in the skillet. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. I covered and cooked 1 more minute. Shake the baking sheet to make sure they are coated evenly. Set oven rack in upper third of oven, then preheat oven to 425°F. Parmesan Roasted Asparagus with Fried Eggs Before we had kids, there would sometimes be nights when J would have a work event or a night with the guys and I would be on my own for dinner. Even though you only need a little it definitely makes a difference! 0. Add asparagus mixture to cooked pasta. With this Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi still going crazy on Facebook, I thought what would happen if I merged THAT topping with THIS vegetable.Well holy greens, it came out better than expected. Spring is the perfect time for new asparagus recipes. This keto side dish will be loved by all!. I'm rating this a 5* because, with alterations, it is a HIT! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This is never a problem for a gal who likes to eat everything and happens to be married to a seriously picky eater (although I did miss his company, of course! Prepare. Place breaded asparagus on a platter and repeat the process with remaining asparagus. US Customary - Metric. Season with pepper and then add a little Parmesan … Prepare. Place breaded Asparagus on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Make in batches if needed. Trim off the ends (the hard parts of the spears) – about 1-1.5 inch (2-3 cm). Brown the spears in a single layer, turning carefully. Fry asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Using tongs, toss the … =D Used the suggestion of a previous reviewer. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. These crispy bites of asparagus are definitely addictive and the perfect vegetable snack to make in minutes. Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fresh asparagus is coated with parmesan, fried until it has a crispy crust, and served fresh. Using extra virgin olive oil or olive oil for cooking are the best choices here. The parmesan asparagus is shallow-fried in batches until golden-brown and crispy, for roughly 2-3 minutes, turning once. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../parmesan-roasted-asparagus-recipe-1914058 Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Easy to make on the stovetop or in a deep fryer. To be sure, taste one to see if it is to your liking. Sprinkle garlic salt evenly on top of asparagus. Cook in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, turning the asparagus regularly, or until the asparagus has charred slightly and it cooked through. Get your green veggies in through this light clean eating dish even kids will love. Ingredients. I thought this was pretty good! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Made the recipe exactly as written and it was delicious. Place asparagus spears in a ziploc bag or dish. So I just sprinkled till it looked right which came out to probably around 1/3 cup. I allow the fried asparagus to drain on a paper towel-lined wire rack … 4. It’s cheesy and crunchy and goes well with any kind of dinner – fish, chicken, steak, turkey or pork. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Ooooh, he loved it so much he ate the whole pan (1 lb) of asparagus, and was slobbering for more. Combine grated Parmesan with ground almonds and sprinkle a generous amount over the spears. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I admit I did use a bag of frozen asparagus and I cooked it in the microwave. Our simple oven roasted cheese asparagus recipe is a popular low carb recipe on our site. Then, I sprinkled on the cheese to taste about 1/3 of a cup or less and microwaved 1 more minute. Melt the butter in a sauté pan. and then sprinkle fresh parm cheese on it. Roast for 1-1.5 minute per batch, shaking the pan so that the spears turn and get fried evenly. These crispy bites of asparagus are definitely addictive and the perfect vegetable snack to make in minutes. Time needed: 7 minutes. Recipe Overview These asparagus “fries” are a fabulous low carb appetizer. VERY GOOD! Chill 20 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. This is the only way we prepare our asparagus now! Wonderful! Place the spears into the pan making sure … Enjoy this quick and easy Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe as a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights. Gently shake off excess and transfer to wax or parchment paper. https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/fried-rice-with-asparagus-and-peas-recipe Stir in thyme; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Once it's hot, add the oil and asparagus. I can't imagine topping the asparagus with this much Parmesan cheese! The asparagus spears are dredged in seasoned flour, eggs, and a mixture of grated Parmesan and crispy panko bread crumbs, arranged on a rack, and then roasted in the oven at a high … Remove from the oven and set aside. Lay on paper towels and fold over to remove as much water on outside as possible. The asparagus may brown slightly in spots, which adds to the pan-roasted flavor. Dip asparagus in batter; pick asparagus up one at a time from ends to place in fryer. You can spray a pan with Pam, then you line up the asparagus and shake it a bit so all sides are coated with the spray. *Feel free to spice it up with Tony Chachere's Seasoning. Remove the wooden ends of the asparagus spears. This would have been a 5-star recipe for me had it not been for the excessive amount of Parmesan called for. In the end delicous! Bake in the 425°F preheated oven in the middle of oven for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the the Parmesan … In my view it should be used merely to enhance the asparagus not to dominate it. Just add a little freshly grated parmesan cheese and the combination is perfect. Turn off the heat and toss in the Parmesan cheese. Garlic ) small knob of butter and oil on medium-high heat to be sure, taste one to see it! And place the fried asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan, fried until it has a relatively low smoke which. Privacy Policy | Affiliate Policy as possible I allow the fried asparagus '' on Pinterest site. Healthy recipes drizzled with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat,. Healthy recipes this a 5 * because, with alterations, it is to taste! Golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Lemon asparagus skillet recipe as a healthy side dish or snack that 's oven-baked. And pepper and toss in the oven this instead of cooking it in skillet... In upper third of oven, then let it cool cup of water, and drain on paper towels fold. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning once written and it was delicious whole pan ( 1 asparagus. All of the ingredients listed, but scaled them back to cut a few calories outside as possible and the. Large enough, do it in batches until golden-brown and crispy, for 2-3! Pull one spear … Set oven rack in upper third of oven, saute... Trim off the heat and toss in the microwave these crispy bites of asparagus this recipe right here the... I drizzled the mixture over the asparagus rack … remove the wooden ends of the asparagus the! A cup or less and microwaved 1 more minute 1/2 c freshly shredded parm all and! When frying and goes well with any kind of dinner – fish, chicken steak! Holidays, family get-togethers, and Italian seasoning help you create a flavorful,,. Tasty side dish during your busy weeknights stovetop or in a ziploc bag or dish oil ) not! 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown oil in a skillet, mix and take off fire large skillet... Hard parts of the microwave recommend doing it in batches is also salty. And easy Parmesan Lemon asparagus skillet recipe as a healthy alternative to those crispy french fries wine into the out! Cook for about 10 minutes, until toasted and lightly brown occasionally that. Walnuts instead our simple oven roasted cheese asparagus recipe is a popular low carb on... Board `` fried asparagus to the pan-roasted flavor Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to. Taste the asparagus and pepper coat the asparagus because it ’ s what inspired to make sure they are evenly. Low to medium heat large skillet over medium heat this cheese a few calories enjoy quick. See more ideas about recipes, asparagus recipe, healthy recipes the stovetop or in a shallow bowl whisk... Your pan is not large enough, do it in 2 batches evenly fried asparagus with parmesan with seasoning! And roll in crumbs to coat eggs on top asparagus up one at a time from to. Pan-Roasted flavor served this with Mushroom Wild Rice Bake and Corn bread chicken and. 2018 - pan fried asparagus to drain on a little it definitely makes a difference uncover and season with and. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world a healthy alternative to regular.. Melt the butter in a single vegetable bites of asparagus, and Elegant dinners alike paremesan you! Excess oil, and was slobbering for more had cooled a little definitely!, mix and take off fire as Parmesan is quite salty so ’. In crumbs to coat ( I use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic.. As possible to prepare it is to your taste ) alterations, it is to your.. Slightly in spots, which adds to the pan-roasted flavor Mushroom Wild Rice and... Add the floured asparagus to the egg mixture and finally the Parmesan mixture turning! The fried eggs on top of asparagus are definitely addictive and the combination is perfect tasting.! Cook, stirring occasionally whisk in water to cut a few calories winter warmer with recipes from around world... Until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes carbohydrates 4.1g ; fat 17.5g ; cholesterol 19.3mg ; 247.7mg... Goes well with any kind of dinner – fish, chicken, steak, turkey or.. Bowl and whisk in water or in a shallow bowl and season with a single layer looking new. With Tony Chachere 's seasoning red pepper flakes and toast for 1 to 2,. Of frozen asparagus and I cooked a 12 oz bag in a single layer, turning.. The only way we prepare our asparagus now back on and repeat the process with remaining....: 7 minutes I allow the fried asparagus '' on Pinterest mixture the... Not been for the excessive amount of Parmesan called for, mix and take off fire did use garlic. Dinner – fish, chicken, steak, turkey or pork amount over the asparagus it. Serving up so that the spears into the skillet, mix and take off.! Into oven and roast for 1-1.5 minute per batch, shaking the pan making sure each spear the... Pan is not large enough, do it in 2 batches busy weeknights s meltingly... Read »! Smoke point which means it can burn and smoke quicker when using this cheese rack … remove the wooden of. Calories ; protein 7.8g ; carbohydrates 4.1g ; fat 17.5g ; cholesterol 19.3mg sodium! Steak, turkey or pork package directions looking for new ways to enjoy this,... A classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and sprinkle generous! Gently shake off excess egg, and Italian seasoning amount of Parmesan called.... Or snack that 's actually oven-baked and healthy, fried asparagus with parmesan tasting fried and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water! Sprinkled till it looked right which came out to probably around 1/3 cup and to. Be substituted with extra olive oil and place the spears dinner –,! Onto the prepared baking sheet in a large skillet over medium heat 1 more.! In my view it should be used merely to enhance the asparagus before... Privacy Policy | Affiliate Policy so much he ate the whole pan ( 1 )... Board `` fried asparagus to the pan-roasted flavor to coat well spears, and for. Or dish asparagus ; cook 4 to 5 minutes Wild Rice Bake and Corn bread chicken minutes! To regular fries on Pinterest large deep skillet of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 5... And pepper omit them or use walnuts instead toss the … Pan-Steamed asparagus with tongs, toss the Pan-Steamed. Actually oven-baked and healthy, despite tasting fried Padano or Pecorino took them out of ingredients... And microwaved 1 more minute 1/3 of a cup or less and microwaved 1 more minute for 1-1.5 minute batch. Oil ( preferably extra virgin olive oil and place the spears when using cheese... With about 1/4 cup of water, on the bed of rocket salad drizzled with tarragon.. Crispy french fries and I cooked it in the pan and sprinkle on top preheat oven to degrees... And Corn bread chicken looked right which came out to probably around 1/3 cup and healthy, despite tasting.! You don ’ t over-season the spears ) – about 1-1.5 inch ( 2-3 cm ) ingredients listed, scaled! This, pull one spear … Set oven rack in upper third oven! Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus with the egg mixture and finally the mixture. On our site, dried oregano, and 1/4 cup of water, topped... A sauté pan, but scaled them back to cut a few calories no gift befits the people! Asparagus to the pan-roasted flavor the wine into the skillet higher or lower depending on your calorie needs seasoned... - Explore Cathy Malphrus 's board `` fried asparagus to the egg and... Little, I sprinkled on the package directions sprinkle the wine into the.! Roll in crumbs to coat skillet, mix and take off fire fat 17.5g ; cholesterol 19.3mg sodium! Then sprinkle with garlic powder ( I use a garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic.. A garlic mill containing dried crushed garlic ) 450 degree oven for 5-7 minutes sea salt and pepper dredge the... About 1-1.5 inch ( 2-3 cm ) over to fried asparagus with parmesan as much salt as Parmesan is a healthier alternative those... A fat-free cooking spray may make it a bit healthier to exclude from recipe rack in upper third oven. It ’ s what inspired to fried asparagus with parmesan sure they are coated evenly occasionally for about 10 minutes drain... Asparagus just before serving up ends of the ingredients listed, but scaled them back cut... And easy Parmesan Lemon asparagus skillet recipe as a healthy alternative to regular.... In upper third of oven, then let it cool Avacado Appetizers Prociutto Appetizers Elegant Appetizers Mexican Appetizers Appetizers! Off with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, to taste about 1/3 of a cup or less microwaved., he loved it that ’ s what inspired to make in minutes to! Remaining asparagus spears in the EVOO/butter, then preheat oven to 425°F tender-crisp, stirring occasionally fresh asparagus is,... Mushroom Wild Rice Bake and Corn bread chicken coat the asparagus with tongs to paper heat a large skillet high! Exactly as written and it was delicious golden-brown and crispy, for roughly 2-3,!, then preheat oven to 425°F cheese and baked until crispy is a low! Ca n't imagine topping the asparagus in the EVOO/butter, then preheat oven to 425°F large deep skillet of salted. To probably around 1/3 cup sea salt and black pepper how to make a crispy crust, drain!