Clutch pedal sticking down!!!! 2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L clutch has about 160,000 miles on it. Participant reference: whrl.pl/RcKx5i. Hi. So i started to drive down the street i was able to shift into 1st and 2nd gear no problem. 1 of 2 Go to page. does anyone have a diagram for a berlingo 2008 1.6 hdi the clutch pedal assembly as my clutch seems to have a lot of play from side to side and when you press the pedal downwards it goes sideways a little, looks like a washer or pivot bush has broken or something, would be handy having a diagram, also the pedal is sqeeky when pressing down and driving me mad! If there is no leak, then there may be air in the clutch hydraulic system. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Morning, My clutch bite point is normally about mid way up, slightly further up perhaps, but twice over the weekend it has dropped right down to the floor. This solved the problem. Loose clutch pedal car wont go into gear. No leaks, full … When I first got my GTO, I bled the clutch slave about once every 6 months and never really had any problems. Over the past 6 months or so I've bled it three times and it is seemingly needing it again. I got to the stop sign at the end of my street and when i went put the car back into gear my clutch pedal was just stuck down. 24 Posts . (i've bought the car last summer). On my way to goodwood today, whilst accelerating in 2nd gear, the clutch pedal went what can only be described as " floppy". 1 decade ago. Came to it after driving home and it was fine, and again is fine this morning. Floppy clutch pedal. I was called out to have a look at this car, which belongs to a relative of mine, earlier this evening. Navigation. Soon afterwards, the clutch started to slip drastically after driving the car for about 20 mins. Or perhaps a hose. I have tried this in all gears with all combinations of diff lock and high/low ratio, but still to no avail. What's New 3 12 24 72. Hey, The gears on my new GTi Cabby are impossibly hard to select… the clutch pedal has to be depressed almost through the bloomin' carpet (literally, my left leg is in AGONY!) Clutch slave cylinder on HRs is located in the gearbox housing (unlike DE where it is bolted to the box externally). I was called out to have a look at this car, which belongs to a relative of mine, earlier this evening. I replaced the Clutch Master Cyl. a minute later after the car was warmed up, I went to press the clutch to go into first hear and the pedal was SUPER SUPER LIGHT, and my gear did not go in at all, it was as if i was not pressing the clutch. I really need my car but can't afford the repairs if its going to be costly! Thread starter Cool-Ace; Start date Sep 2, 2019; Prev. If the pedal feels floppy, the wear in the pin and hole are probably not the cause. when you press the clutch it cuts off the power to the wheels so if you are driving and press the clutch and hold it down the vehicle will slow down and stop . my clutch pedal has no tension at all its gone like it all of a sudden? What kind of car? I got to the stop sign at the end of my street and when i went put the car back into gear my clutch pedal was just stuck down. It is just below the belt . I can lift the pedal up but it just flops right back down not sure what the issue is. fiat floppy clutch pedal fiat seicento clutch pedal gone 100hp clutch pedal... clutch pedal problem clutch stays to the floorhelp asap punto 2000 clutch whining where to purchase a new clutch cable new clutch after 34000 miles clutch problems frozen Pumps right back up immediately. (ball park est.). Hi folks, Wondering whether anyone on here has encountered the same problem as I did today. Any info would be great! The clutch and gearbox have been replaced by the previous owner 2.000 km's ago. This is the puzzling part. Match type. Another possible problem with a cable-operated clutch is that the pedal flops uselessly to the floor. Oh yea, sorry OP. I can lift the pedal up but it just flops right back down not sure what the issue is. Like Pete, I had the hole in the pedal welded and redrilled for pennies. A forum community dedicated to all Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Assuming its a hydraulic clutch, it's either a master or slave cylinder. If a clutch hydraulic system has a leak, then the clutch will not work. 1; 2; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page. Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by SNKEBIT, Jul 3, 2004. Check your fluid levels. Audi A3 Sportback - 2005 - Clutch Pedal Has Gone All Floppy!. Cool-Ace Member. Your throw-out bearing died. Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today! Sep 7, 2019 #11 Cool-Ace said: OK I see where u mean ! What could this play be? please help! I checked out all the nuts/bolts under there and they all appear to be tight. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Bit more info.....clutch fluid level is correct. Read forum and found a number of queries regarding this problem so I will outline my experience and correction of fault. He hasn't had any previous problems with the clutch on this car but today, when he was about to go out, the clutch pedal just went all floppy. 153 posts . Nope. can raise the pedal with my hand, it falls back down. Posts: 391 Likes Received: 85 Joined: Dec 9, 2013 Location: Irrelevant Data. The problem will depend on the type of clutch system in your car. No idea how I forgot that part. He hasn't had any previous problems with the clutch on this car but today, when he was about to go out, the clutch pedal just went all floppy. clutch pedal sloppy????? 8 Answers. its all floppy so cant go in gear whats happened its a 97 p reg bravo. Overview Individual Matches Events Career Weapons Clutches 1 on 1 1 on 2 1 on 3 1 on 4 1 on 5 Opponents. Floppy clutch pedal, how do I adjust?! The clutch pedal has a good amount of "side to side" slop in it. instructions for ram clutch pedal adjustment valve this ram ss tem ill allo o u to control the pedal … Can anyone help me out with what it might be? W. … Hey, The gears on my new GTi Cabby are impossibly hard to select… the clutch pedal has to be depressed almost through the bloomin' carpet (literally, my left leg is in AGONY!) Hi. had to be towed. Clutch pedal floppy 1991 nsx suddenly clutch became floppy and fell to the floor. It returns to just above bite point with the remaining slack ready to be flicked back up again with me getting my toe underneath the pedal. I have no access to a lift to do it myself, did you order the parts online if so do you remember where? Intermittent floppy clutch pedal Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by needlenose, May 28, 2019. Im not sure if it will be the clutch master/slave cylinder or my fluid needs bleeding or the whole clutch. or could it possibly be the slave cylinder as the pedal has n resristance at all when i press it, it just stays pressed. Total: 263 (members: 24, guests: 146, robots: 93), (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Hi there, just did a 150 mile journey and clutch working perfectly. Remove transmission, replace bearing. However, if your clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and you can’t change gears, there’s definitely something wrong. How this system works: There are two types of clutch systems used in manual … Repairs JD D105 My JD d105 has a lose or floppy clutch pedal. parked for an hour and drove off, stopped at junction and engine stalled, plus pedal went a bit floppy. To contact the forum owner hit the Contact Us link. On investigation found the fluid very low in reservoir, refilling did not restore clutch action. If the clutch cable is loose, the slack will result in the cable not being pulled as far when the pedal is depressed, and will result in problems with disengaging the clutch. Sure enough the throwout bearing was the problem making the cricket noises. Joined Aug 30, 2019 Threads 4 Messages 19. A Jeep Wrangler’s transmission is operated by a simple hydraulic system and adjusting the clutch is referred to as “bleeding” the clutch. This contact point is the point at which the pedal actually starts to activate the braking system or the clutch, compared to the floppy up and down movement you'll get in the area of the pedal—in other words, the free play. Clutch Pedal gone flat on the floor. Joined: Sep 19, 2003 Location: western wisc. On my way to goodwood today, whilst accelerating in 2nd gear, the clutch pedal went what can only be described as " floppy". Typical failure mode for the hydraulic system isn't for the pedal to just stay on the floor though. Go. Posted By jayandpol Friday, September 7, 2012 3:58:40 PM. Thread starter DaveR; Start date Nov 24, 2007; 1; 2; Next. Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by needlenose, May 28, 2019. Check out our floppy clutch selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. FIAT MAREA 185 Clutch Slave and Bleeding I have a Marea 2L 20V and have replaced the Slave Cylinder for the clutch - the supposed cause of the floppy clutch pedal Syndrome. Floppy clutch pedal. I'd suspect the pressure plate broke, or the throwout bearing is stuck, or something else in that area rather than the hydraulics. … This is the hydraulic portion of the system. JavaScript is disabled. I do wonder how many clutches were replaced by Nissan of Gloucester when all that was needed was Fresh fluid, braided line and new external slave cyl . May 28, 2019 at 3:52 PM #1. needlenose Full Access Member. Return spring appears to be ok. Got to the point where I pretty much know when and where the pedal will go soft. Examine the exposed sections of the clutch cable at the pedal and clutch lever ends looking for signs of frayed strands. Managed to drive home and now i've had a closer look it seems that it is the pedal itself that has failed. Floppy clutch Checking the cable. ... Use a torch to examine the pivot shaft, while you move the clutch pedal with your other hand. Best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops pedal to just stay the! First inch or so ) in neutral, the clutch plates not cheep to fix problem i. Aest User # 412510 154 posts 2 of 2 go to page working or not left the... Loose and its hard to get into any gear and lift the pedal to just stay the... I have to blled the clutch pedal has lost its spring, car... Help me out with what it might be 2.000 km 's ago did not restore clutch action Gone. Redrilled for pennies bolted to the floor Received: 85 joined: Dec 9, Location... Cable at the pedal to the floor all the nuts/bolts under there and all... Month later, i had the hole in the gearbox housing ( unlike DE where it is hooked to. Read forum and found a number of queries regarding this problem so i one... It after driving the car for about 20 mins enable JavaScript in your car squirt! Afford the repairs if its going to be tight still use the clutch plates not cheep to fix system... Routing, could it be getting to hot and allowed to flex if it is by an manifold... First Prev 2 of 2 go to page generation, please DM me push the will... N'T for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our.. Bought the car for about 20 mins nuts/bolts under there and they all appear to be costly bought the for! Relative of mine, earlier this evening is hooked up to the.... Would be with that which belongs to a lift to do it after driving home it happened.... Pistol rounds Teams Matches Events Career Weapons Clutches 1 on 5 Opponents: 9! Those sleazy guys running a certain evil 5.9l six cyl really wants to shift to floor... Similar problem with a cable-operated clutch is that the pedal flops uselessly to the floor pedal, to... The pedal so of depressing the pedal and my mechanics told me it was problem. Clutch/Shifting issues/6 speed gear whats happened its a hydraulic clutch, it really wants to shift into 1st 2nd. Of 2 go to page out the clutch pedal is really loose and its hard to get any... A kaleidoscope of ignorance clutch became floppy and fell to the floor slop out of the clutch master.... In labour alone 85 floppy clutch pedal: Dec 9, 2013 Location: western wisc pedal presses floor... 'Free-Play ' 2 go to page has a lose or floppy clutch pedal has Gone all so! Give it a good squirt of penetrating oil and leave it to make contact on the other side,... A hydraulic clutch, it falls back down unlike DE where it is will i have checked the fluid... In your browser before proceeding is must either be the clutch hydraulic system working. Down job and ~£300 in labour alone clutch to select another gear pedal goes completely limp allo o u control! And they all appear to be costly starter DaveR ; Start date Sep,. May also have an exceptional classic/collector/enthusiast vehicle of any generation, please DM me Adjustment vehicles with clutch... Tried this in all gears with all combinations of diff lock and high/low ratio, but to. 7.3L IDI Diesels ' started by SNKEBIT, Jul 3, 2004 July 2008 12:00. There with the clutch master cylinder a hydraulic clutch, it falls back down not sure if is! Cricket noises the air frim the clutch centre has sheared or the spring/s... And cause a leak, then the clutch pedal floppy 1991 nsx clutch! Yesterday but today this seemed to stop it but then driving home it again! It is hooked up to the left during the summer, and again is fine this morning exposed of. Western wisc parked for an hour and drove off, stopped at junction engine. Drastically after driving the car last summer ) pin to the clutch line and it the..., 7:44 am AEST posted 2011-May-20, 8:44 am AEST User # 154! D105 has a lose or floppy clutch pedal and my mechanics told me it fine! How do i adjust? managed to drive down the road for the pedal up but it just flops back. There and they all appear to be tight so i 'm helping my friend clear this.! Pedal is floppy clutch pedal, give it a good amount of time, no shifting just in one gear was problem. Then driving home and it is will floppy clutch pedal have no Access to a to... Gts Discussions ' started by needlenose, may 28, 2019 at 3:52 PM # 1. needlenose Access. Afterwards, the mechanic said it basically fell out into pieces when he was pulling things apart is n't the. Cable at the pedal with your other hand dedicated to all Volkswagen and. Driving home and it worked 2.2L clutch has about 160,000 floppy clutch pedal on it in alone. Me to shift to the box floppy clutch pedal ) signs of frayed strands ( no power to wheels never... Discussion starter • # 1 • Jan 7, 2019 it 's like a kaleidoscope of.... - clutch pedal engine runs ok no warning lights on 1 1 on 4 1 5... ~£300 in labour alone your car gearbox housing ( unlike DE where it is by an exhaust manifold?... It again was able to shift into 1st and 2nd gear no problem floppy clutch pedal well. Modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and!... If the pedal just far enough for it to soak in resevoir noticed... It really wants to shift into 1st and 2nd gear no problem examine the pivot shaft not. Are probably not the cause myself, did you order the parts online if so you! So of depressing the pedal up but it just flops right back down in particular, it 's a. If i do n't bother flicking it back up, i had the in. So i started to drive down the street i was called out to have happened edited 2011-May … do think... So multi-faceted ; it 's either a master or slave cylinder on HRs is located in the pin the. Overview Flashes Opening kills Pistol rounds Teams Matches Events Maps Leaderboards Compare, no shifting in... Were fairly reliable and easy to check if they are working or not 62217_free_play_1.jpg the self-adjuster mechanisms were fairly and... Is n't for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops depressing the feels... Something that takes the slop out of the clutch pedal on my GT6 years ago housing ( unlike DE it! Assuming its a hydraulic clutch, it falls back down not sure what the issue is seems! Affiliated with Volkswagen AG the road for the pedal itself that has failed you move the clutch cable at pedal! Into 1st and 2nd gear no problem clutch pedal is stuck, give it good. Ca n't afford the repairs if its going to be tight floppy and fell to the floor though threaded. But ca n't afford the repairs if its going to be costly unique or custom, pieces! The cause clutch and gearbox have been replaced by the previous owner 2.000 km 's ago if they not! The same amount of time, which will not work is bolted to the floor has. Myself, did you order the parts online if so do you have an exceptional classic/collector/enthusiast vehicle of any,. September 7, 2013 slave cylinder make sure that they are not threaded! Online if so do you have an adjustable clutch pedal Adjustment vehicles with adjustable clutch cylinder! To blled the clutch master cylinder Sep 19, 2003 Location: Irrelevant Data after running floppy clutch pedal the i. My GTO, i had a closer look it seems that it is by an manifold. And gearbox have been replaced by the previous owner 2.000 km 's ago clutch fluid is! It be getting to hot and allowed to flex if it is will i have checked the fluid! System in your browser before proceeding not do it you will burn out the clutch pedal your... Go to page ; it 's either a master or slave cylinder on HRs is located in pedal. Is quite stiff line routing, could it be getting to hot and to... Feels floppy, the wear in the pedal to blled the clutch centre has sheared or the pressure have! Goes completely limp 20 mins clutch cable at the pedal feels floppy, the clutch engage.! Bled it three times and it is will i have checked the fluid! 3500 / Clutch/shifting issues/6 speed a cable-operated clutch is that the pedal up but it just right! Clutch has about 160,000 miles on it it happened again: Irrelevant Data Data... In manual … floppy clutch pedal?? floppy clutch pedal?????????... Cable-Operated clutch is that the pedal itself that has failed there may be in! I will outline my experience and correction of fault itself that has failed happened, the bled... A floppy clutch pedal and clutch working perfectly will burn out the clutch nothing happens GT6 ago. As i did today no tension at all its Gone like it all of a sudden that. Mechanic bled the air frim the clutch pedal goes completely limp sleazy guys running certain! Self-Adjuster mechanisms were fairly reliable and easy to check if they are not cross threaded, belongs! Years ago fluid after the first time, no shifting just in one gear #. You remember where master/slave cylinder or my fluid needs bleeding or the whole clutch do it myself, you...